Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

El_Elegante posted:

I was thinking the other day about whether a politician ever weaponized their own incompetence, and I suppose that’s as close as we’ll ever get

anthony weiner was a reverse king midas and honestly it fuckin owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

anthony weiner was a reverse king midas and honestly it fuckin owns

everything he touches turns into a boner

icecream citadel
Nov 4, 2020
Marco Rubio being a huge fan of EDM and refusing to deny that he goes clubbing

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I appreciate that it was a man named "anthony weiner" who derailed a carefully-planned lib breeding program.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

icecream citadel posted:

Paul Ryan being a fan of rage against the machine

e: and Tom Morello telling him to stop

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Algund Eenboom posted:

In 2002 dick cheney told senator paul wellstone "If you vote against the war in Iraq, the Bush administration will do whatever is necessary to get you. There will be severe ramifications for you and the state of Minnesota.” He did vote against invading iraq, and about two weeks later died in a mysterious plane crash

quote:

Many high-profile politicians attended the memorial, including former President Bill Clinton, former Vice President Al Gore, and more than half the U.S. Senate. The White House offered to send Vice President Dick Cheney to the service, but the Wellstone family declined.

lmao

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

icecream citadel posted:

pretty sure there’s a photo of him at a foam party somewhere

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Just remembered the during the Obama years when a libertarian attempted to 9/11 an fbi building (iirc) with a crop duster and killed himself

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkdpzRDxTXU

Never gets old.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Fluoride Jones posted:

Just remembered the during the Obama years when a libertarian attempted to 9/11 an fbi building (iirc) with a crop duster and killed himself
This also happened like a month after 9/11 with some jock flying a Cessna into an office building, which probably deserved a more rigorous investigation

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Marx Was A Lib posted:

i voted for bill nelson solely on that credential and i'm not ashamed of it.

I actually met bill nelson in his office when he was a senator and he was too senile to hold a simple conversation, and it turned out his office was actually run by his really shitbrained and annoying chief of staff lanyard guy

who then proudly told me that the senator was only briefed how to vote on an issue in the time it takes to walk from his office to the floor of the senate

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Bro Dad posted:

I actually met bill nelson in his office when he was a senator and he was too senile to hold a simple conversation, and it turned out his office was actually run by his really shitbrained and annoying chief of staff lanyard guy

who then proudly told me that the senator was only briefed how to vote on an issue in the time it takes to walk from his office to the floor of the senate

*chief of staff leaves the room*

bill you should immediately fire your chief of staff, i caught him stealing from you and heard him call you the n word

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bro Dad posted:

Will absolutely take a useless senile empty suit over literally Skeletor.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

This also happened like a month after 9/11 with some jock flying a Cessna into an office building, which probably deserved a more rigorous investigation

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Was this the dude in TX who flew into an IRS building or am I mixing that up? I vaguely remember that blip on the news.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

silicone thrills posted:

Was this the dude in TX who flew into an IRS building or am I mixing that up? I vaguely remember that blip on the news.

The Cessna was a 15-year old that crashed into the Bank of America building in Tampa in January 2002.

The IRS plane crash was in 2010 in Austin.

And between those, Cory Lidle, a MLB pitcher, accidentally crashed his plane into a NYC apartment building in 2006.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Hell ya

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Fluoride Jones posted:

Anthony Weiner's entire fall from grace lmao

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

zegermans posted:

Elizabeth Warren's hail mary superpac that was literally just one Silicon Valley #girlboss throwing away 3 million dollars to keep her in the race through super tuesday

girlbribe

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

MD2020 posted:

The Cessna was a 15-year old that crashed into the Bank of America building in Tampa in January 2002.

The IRS plane crash was in 2010 in Austin.

And between those, Cory Lidle, a MLB pitcher, accidentally crashed his plane into a NYC apartment building in 2006.

Thank you for that excellent summary. God this country is so loving hosed up

My favorite plane thing is still the barefoot bandit. kid who was just stealin planes in the PNW

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Thank you for that excellent summary. God this country is so loving hosed up

My favorite plane thing is still the barefoot bandit. kid who was just stealin planes in the PNW

I like the one from a couple years ago when a guy stole a plane from SeaTac, proceeded to do a giant loop over Puget Sound (nearly biffing in the process) before saying "poo poo, I really hosed up didn't I. I don't know how to land. wish me luck" before crashing into Ketron Island.

same night Blank Check was watched in nctv. I was super drunk. good times.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1329292763808944129/pu/vid/1280x720/COlEEq_ph1wEsZO9.mp4

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Spergin Morlock posted:

I like the one from a couple years ago when a guy stole a plane from SeaTac, proceeded to do a giant loop over Puget Sound (nearly biffing in the process) before saying "poo poo, I really hosed up didn't I. I don't know how to land. wish me luck" before crashing into Ketron Island.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Horizon_Air_Q400_incident

I work in the aviation industry in Seattle and a ton of people at my office fly and were pretty stunned about the whole thing. Dude was 29 and just incredibly depressed.

Glad he brought up minimum wage being hosed while he was talking to ATC though. Fat lot of good its done but it got talked about for a few days. god. you cant even steal a plane and crash it to make a point about how hosed this country is.

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 06:31 on Nov 19, 2020

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

wait, Trump won California more decisively than he won Wisconsin? Big if true

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
australians playing american just frustrates the hell out of me

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's more using OAN as a source of information than being Aussie in this case.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Spergin Morlock posted:

lmfao I totally forgot about that. holy poo poo how did I forget that happened

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

lmfao I totally forgot about that. holy poo poo how did I forget that happened

It's been a really weird couple of years, tbf

for example, a few months after that 2 Boeing 737 MAXes crashed.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wasn't it a really weird looking plane

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All this talk of aircraft reminded me of the Ron Paul blimp.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

muscles like this! posted:

All this talk of aircraft reminded me of the Ron Paul blimp.

Amazong, amazing

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Just remembered that guy that crashed a train to WAKE UP AMERICA to the hospital ship conspiracy

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Gary Johnson getting booed at the libertarian party convention for either thinking seatbelt-wearing should be mandatory or that you should have to have a driver's license or both

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Islamofascism

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1329481645464846336

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

When Stephen Miller does your hair.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmfao