Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I had it in my cart and keep getting errors in trying to check out. Tried again to check out and “out of stock”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

If you're still trying, you can give up now. Clicking the final button gives a message saying it's out of stock.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Why won’t they just add a captcha to their sites. It can’t be that hard to add one.

:negative:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

bees everywhere posted:

If you're still trying, you can give up now. Clicking the final button gives a message saying it's out of stock.

It made me do a recaptcha to even add it to the cart so I guess there really was an army of nerds panic refreshing.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Miching Mallecho posted:

Why won’t they just add a captcha to their sites. It can’t be that hard to add one.

They did, but it doesn't matter if their cart system can only handle 5 people at a time. I'm stuck still waiting on MS to get their poo poo together.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Guacala posted:

Stuck on review your order.

Same here. I hope having it in my cart means one is reserved but this whole thing is such a loving mess. Funny considering how many people back in August were like "pandemic no-one is gonna buy this poo poo" and now we're at Wii levels of fuckery.

Edit: Out of stock gently caress

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What was the estimated delivery date for the walmart xboxes? Getting kinda annoyed by Microsoft.com not giving me any new info

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

J33uk posted:

Same here. I hope having it in my cart means one is reserved but this whole thing is such a loving mess. Funny considering how many people back in August were like "pandemic no-one is gonna buy this poo poo" and now we're at Wii levels of fuckery.

Edit: Out of stock gently caress

It almost let me check out once but had changed the card number to all 1s. I've never seen an only store fail that way.

Edit: before it failed, it estimated delivery at Dec 4.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It almost let me check out once but had changed the card number to all 1s. I've never seen an only store fail that way.

Edit: before it failed, it estimated delivery at Dec 4.

I also had the credit card thing go to all 1's. Sort of absurd considering I've got the card number saved. Oh well. I guess it's back to the waiting game (Screw it I'm playing hungry hungry hippos instead)

I'd much prefer a waiting list. I mean I'm happy to wait I just want to not do this poo poo and spend 20 minutes pressing review order in my day

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

hatty posted:

What was the estimated delivery date for the walmart xboxes? Getting kinda annoyed by Microsoft.com not giving me any new info

My successful order says Dec. 2nd.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

This is the most aggravating time to buy a new console. My local store has had inventory in the last week, now today they're stating that all new console stock will have to be bought online.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Places like StockX must be making a killing on this poo poo. 770 bucks and I'm sure they take a tasty commission chunk or something.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I got to the "Place your order" button four different times, didn't work, refreshed the item page, still said in stock, added to cart again, got all the way to "Place your order" again, wouldn't go through. Satan rules this earth

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009
I got the same experience you all did. I have a buddy trying to get one for me too (first one I can get is going to my dad) and he got an order confirmed!

Then he clicked order details and it said Cancelled.... great.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
yeah walmart should have the stock go down when it's added to the cart. Totally idiotic programming

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I know new users are important but PS and XBOX really should allot something like half the stock to preorder for players with the current gen console. So if you have a recently active xbox account tied to an xbox one you should be able to preorder in some manner that way.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Ordered the SX yesterday evening from MS directly and it's to be delivered tomorrow already. So pretty sweet.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Got back into playing Forza Horizon 4, and I was wondering if the Fortune Island expansion is worth it. Anyone enjoy it?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

Ordered the SX yesterday evening from MS directly and it's to be delivered tomorrow already. So pretty sweet.

What the gently caress? Really? I ordered from them on the 10th and still jack poo poo. Are you in the US?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

BisterdDave posted:

Got back into playing Forza Horizon 4, and I was wondering if the Fortune Island expansion is worth it. Anyone enjoy it?

It was pretty fun

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Miching Mallecho posted:

They had me do infinite captchas because I guess I dared to refresh at 3:00 until it came up.

Then I tried on the app and it kept giving me errors before saying it was sold out.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

BisterdDave posted:

It's a nice extra chunk. The Lego one is good too. They had a bundle of the extra content recently for $20 including both expansions, so keep an eye out again if that's not currently available around black friday maybe.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

John F Bennett posted:

Good lord I've been trying from MS direct for like 3 days. How'd you manage it? Every once in a while I'd see it blip in stock and could get it in cart but never. ever. ever. checkout.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The black Friday sale just started in Australia so yeah that is on sale for 60% off.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

BonoMan posted:

Good lord I've been trying from MS direct for like 3 days. How'd you manage it? Every once in a while I'd see it blip in stock and could get it in cart but never. ever. ever. checkout.

same here, I'm still trying to checkout and it states 'Unable to purchase the order at this time, please try again.'

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

BonoMan posted:

Ouhei posted:

What the gently caress? Really? I ordered from them on the 10th and still jack poo poo. Are you in the US?

I'm in Belgium.

I went to the polish webshop of MS yesterday evening (Belgian one was sold out), placed my order there and now UPS just sent me an update that my box is now in Holland and will be delivered tomorrow 'before end of day'.
I heard the same story for those that ordered from the Dutch MS store yesterday.

sorry :(

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

I'm in Belgium.

I went to the polish webshop of MS yesterday evening (Belgian one was sold out), placed my order there and now UPS just sent me an update that my box is now in Holland and will be delivered tomorrow 'before end of day'.
I heard the same story for those that ordered from the Dutch MS store yesterday.

sorry :(

Ah, well as long as you're not in the US I'm not going to call MS and rip them a new one haha.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1329527100978597888

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Marvel Avengers 50% off already, lol.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Nice, I was just thinking about picking up Squadrons last night. Although now I see that it also comes with a free trial via Ultimate's EA Play, so I'll probably do that first before committing to it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

These are some good deals! I hope Sony has their sale soon as well. Would like to get Madden NFL 21 but for PS5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ErrEff posted:

Marvel Avengers 50% off already, lol.

Yep, the game bombed hard financially even though it sold 3 million copies. Square-Enix at this point is taking a huge loss on the game.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Control Ultimate is $20. That's the version that includes the dlc and is actually getting the S/X upgrade sometime early next year.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Knowing that most EA games are coming to gamepass in the future is great and I'll probably never buy a new one again (EA stuff usually sucks and the the sports games are rehashes, better to wait) unless its Skate 4 or a new fight night. That being said Battlefield 5 is on gamepass and enjoyable. I paid 0 attention to the launch so I don't know how much they've added/fixed since then but playing a 64 person Wake Island round is very fun.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I don’t even have an Xbox console at the moment but I’m going to pick up a few of those games on the cheap so they’ll be waiting for me whenever I get my hands on a SX.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Skate and Skate 3 are both BC titles and Skate 3 is part of EA Play, but the original Skate is more expensive...?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Holy poo poo the prices on some of those 360 games is bananas. The Silent Hill collection is normally $30 still? Black Ops 2 is $50 lol.

lol

Happy Hedonist fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 20, 2020

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Happy Hedonist posted:

Holy poo poo the prices on some of those 360 games is bananas. The Silent Hill collection is normally $30 still? Black Ops 2 is $50 lol.

lol

Is that the silent hill collection where they removed the fog effects from 2?

In any case, I assume that screenshot is a mistake.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
nowinstock telegram channel got me a series S from the Microsoft store. Use priority notifications, clicked the link, added to cart. Took a few tries to actually pay but it went through so yay?

Kind of wanted the X but I'm probably just gonna rock it for awhile and see if I really need the storage and disc drive. No plans for 4K TV anytime soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Ouhei posted:

Yeah, I've never had anything like that before. I think it's fairly clear that their system is not designed to handle orders where things don't ship out right away. Them continuing to open up orders and not pout any wording that people will not actually receive a unit for well over a month is insane to me as well.

Same thing happening to me also in the US. It is baffling to me how bad both console makers are at selling us the hardware they’ve spent years getting ready to sell. I don’t mean producing and shipping. That’s a whole other thing. But just the basic act of having accurate delivery windows and clear communication about the status of our orders.