Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Moola posted:

How does loving forknife do marvel better than the actual marvel avengers game lmao

actual budget, dreadful crunch, legions and legions of devs, an understanding of what their playerbase wants, and enough clout that they can set their terms in using licensed characters more freely than most devs would I'd guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Also they made a game before they started shoveling in Marvel stuff instead of shoveling a bunch of Marvel stuff in a big pile on the floor and hoping it coalesced into a game at some point.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I guess they're dropping Kate tomorrow? But I've already deleted the game so lol.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Soonmot posted:

I guess they're dropping Kate tomorrow? But I've already deleted the game so lol.

I think they’re just having a war table where they talk about Kate in depth unless I’m reading it wrong

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Good Citizen posted:

I think they’re just having a war table where they talk about Kate in depth unless I’m reading it wrong

oh god, I got that impression too, but then I thought they couldn't be that dumb

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Kate War Table. Releases Dec. 8. Hawkeye coming “early 2021”.
https://youtu.be/N9OQO_8GS4M

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The only thing that keeps this game from looking like complete garbage is that they'll never bother to actually complete it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
game wanted me to do a 4gb patch and I decided to just uninstall it instead because eughhhhhhhhh

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I dunno. The game could be good when it gets out of beta and has a full launch on the PS6.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
anyone else wonder if this game would have been good if ICR hadn't made the OP???

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

This is my second go-around with the ICR curse.

Never again.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
She looks pretty fun to play but like, what's there to play her in? Looks like she has a couple missions accompanying her, they look a little different environment wise based on the video but not drastically and then it'll be back to the usual missions with one more location in the rotation. Then this is all coming 3 months after the release of the game which was already quite short on content. Definitely not seeing them climbing out of the pit they've put themselves in at this rate.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I want to know how she switches between arrow types, because if it's like iron man or black widow where you need to cycle through (almost surely the case) then that sounds lovely and most people will just stick to one type forever. Probably the smoke one because of stun

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Almost definitely the same way.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Moola posted:

anyone else wonder if this game would have been good if ICR hadn't made the OP???

a mysterious cloak posted:

This is my second go-around with the ICR curse.

Never again.

This is my cross to bear. I’m the harbinger of death to video games. It’s that Cylon poo poo.

I gotta stay off these GaaS games!

My next thread won’t be a GaaS game at least!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

I want to know how she switches between arrow types, because if it's like iron man or black widow where you need to cycle through (almost surely the case) then that sounds lovely and most people will just stick to one type forever. Probably the smoke one because of stun

I really loving hate the weapon switching

sometimes I want ONE particular type of weapon on Iron Man, and because he has very little visual representation of which one is a equipped I forget how many times I need to scroll my mouse wheel and it feels bad

just let me bind weapon selection to individual buttons

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Invalid Validation posted:

Well for one thing Fortnite isn’t a Marvel game and secondly Epic has more money than god.

Also all the best comic writers have that kinda bad-boy vibe where they treat it like they hate the comic but love the characters, y'know, and try and shake poo poo up. Epix can kinda take that attitude, whereas marvel themselves are kinda precious with their baby.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

!Klams posted:

Also all the best comic writers have that kinda bad-boy vibe where they treat it like they hate the comic but love the characters, y'know, and try and shake poo poo up. Epix can kinda take that attitude, whereas marvel themselves are kinda precious with their baby.

Now I’m imagining the bizarre and nightmarish hellworld that would be an Avengers game where Garth Ennis had full creative control.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ICR posted:

This is my cross to bear. I’m the harbinger of death to video games. It’s that Cylon poo poo.

I gotta stay off these GaaS games!

My next thread won’t be a GaaS game at least!

Cyberpunk 2077!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
they really hosed this up lol

goddamn, i was all in on this game after finishing the campaign, all they needed was a steady drip of characters and levels to keep me in and nothing.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Love how ominous the “early 2021” release for Hawkeye is. You know he isn’t coming in January.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

Love how ominous the “early 2021” release for Hawkeye is. You know he isn’t coming in January.

im betting march lol

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

They're definitely getting next gen versions out first since that will be actual money in their pockets

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Zero chance this isn't going to see deep discounts on black Friday? They're still charging 60usd for anthem, I doubt this would be cheaper.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

twistedmentat posted:

Zero chance this isn't going to see deep discounts on black Friday? They're still charging 60usd for anthem, I doubt this would be cheaper.

It’ll be $30 at Best Buy

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Liar Lyre posted:

It’ll be $30 at Best Buy

Oh nice. That's about as much as I'd pay for it, as only SP is of any interest.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Oh nice. That's about as much as I'd pay for it, as only SP is of any interest.

Multiplayer is pretty fun too until a few hours in when you realize 'oh, this is all there is'

And if you're some skinnerbox-loving weirdo you can probably keep entertained with multiplayer for a lot longer than that.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

It’ll be $30 at Best Buy

$28 at gamestop.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Good Citizen posted:

Multiplayer is pretty fun too until a few hours in when you realize 'oh, this is all there is'

And if you're some skinnerbox-loving weirdo you can probably keep entertained with multiplayer for a lot longer than that.

Yea, gonna grab it on ps4 and then no online play. Though would that limit DLC stuff like Kate? Looks like she'll get her own story mission.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, gonna grab it on ps4 and then no online play. Though would that limit DLC stuff like Kate? Looks like she'll get her own story mission.

It's not out yet so who knows but I'd hope you don't need to complete the way too long and repetitive post-game mission chain to play the kate story.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Since that’s probably the worst way to implement it, that’s definitely going to happen.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
Campaign was great; fun and well written/acted. Basic gameplay loads of fun. They sure poo poo the bed on endgame/late game content and paucity of new characters or especially new enemies was a death knell. I'll come back and play the expansion stuff when it dribbles out but am otherwise barely interested.

They should have delayed release significantly.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
The game is already 50% off on Steam. Is it worth grabbing for £25 or not?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, the story campaign is really good. I think it's worth it.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, the story campaign is really good. I think it's worth it.

But if you buy, we get more of this poo poo.

So, why not just watch a let's play of the story instead, save money, send a signal that this poo poo is poo poo!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

RagnarokZ posted:

So, why not just watch a let's play of the story instead, save money, send a signal that this poo poo is poo poo!

:hmmyes:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Masonity posted:

The game is already 50% off on Steam. Is it worth grabbing for £25 or not?

It’s gonna drop a hell of a lot lower than that if you’re in no rush.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RagnarokZ posted:

Jesus man calm down.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

BGrifter posted:

It’s gonna drop a hell of a lot lower than that if you’re in no rush.

Yeah I might just wait until I can pick it up for a tenner or get it on gamepass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Masonity posted:

Yeah I might just wait until I can pick it up for a tenner or get it on gamepass.

Yeah, if it hits $10 CAD I’ll probably pick it up. Seems inevitable it will, just a matter of being patient.

Or maybe in a few years they’ll release a “Game of the Year” edition with all the DLC that should have been in the game at launch. This trend of releasing half finished games then finishing them with DLC sucks.