Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

I said come in! posted:

Ooh Jesus loving Christ, had a scare just now where my PS5 during the night went out of standby mode and directly to just off. At first it wasn’t powering on but now it seems to be working just fine. :gonk:

i’ve had this happen several times to me now from rest mode. each time i boot it up after this bug, the console tells me i turned it off wrong and it does some file system repair junk. hopefully it gets patched soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Casnorf posted:

It has taken every ounce of willpower I have in my poor deluded little soul not to tweet at fedule how much fun I'm having with NuDes and Spider-Man Remastered and Mortal Kombat and Bugsnax and Valhalla and and and

Ah, poo poo, I hosed it up didn't I?

Grr.

(Allegedly I will have my 5 in 13 days)

(And when I get it in all probability my first ports of call after Astro will most likely be PS4 games honestly. Probably gonna try DeS at some point though because for all my fuss I've never actually played any of the classic Souls games, only Souls-likes, and Sekiro, so I'm gonna give it a chance)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I already bought digital Demons Souls before even having a PS5 like a goddamn rube. Also bought a bunch of the PS4 games I missed but at least they were on heavy discount.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The main reason I'm still in this thread is to see how the BP story ends, it's quite the rollercoaster and I feel bad for him.

I'll be sending some good vibrations in your direction.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Fedule posted:

Grr.

(Allegedly I will have my 5 in 13 days)

(And when I get it in all probability my first ports of call after Astro will most likely be PS4 games honestly. Probably gonna try DeS at some point though because for all my fuss I've never actually played any of the classic Souls games, only Souls-likes, and Sekiro, so I'm gonna give it a chance)

It's very good, though very slow paced. You know, I hope, for all the poo poo I give you I am actually rooting for you, and I look forward to seeing you post some positive impressions of the really cool stuff. Astro had this giant goofy smile on my face from start to finish.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

hatty posted:

I already bought digital Demons Souls before even having a PS5 like a goddamn rube. Also bought a bunch of the PS4 games I missed but at least they were on heavy discount.

The race to acquire a way of playing DeS before it's on sale is on

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

punished milkman posted:

i’ve had this happen several times to me now from rest mode. each time i boot it up after this bug, the console tells me i turned it off wrong and it does some file system repair junk. hopefully it gets patched soon
This happened to me the other day, I had assumed my power flickered or something. It wouldn't turn on with the controller, I had to walk over and push the button on the front, at which point it told me it hadn't been shut down properly. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bust Rodd posted:

How long before we can post about how much we love playing our PS5s without being assholes?

not until the percentage of people who have them are higher than those who dont. please dont read the spoiler if you dont have a ps5 yet, sorry. but i really love my ps5 and i know it loves me, playing ff14 on it right now and its smooth as silk

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Man I love my PS5, even though I work retail and after coming home from black Friday season days i dont wanna play Demons Souls so I just play dead by daylight and yell at my teammates. drat I love my PS5.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Any luck to goon, VideoGames? I really want you to get one.

Also, with the controller after unboxing - did you guys just play out of the box, charge it for a bit or what.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i wanna post shots of it and stuff on socials in a memey way (like playing doom 1 on it) but honestly, given this year and everything, it feels too much like gloating in my mind so i stop myself. its a weird thing tbh, but this year... :smugjones:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

henpod posted:

Any luck to goon, VideoGames? I really want you to get one.

Also, with the controller after unboxing - did you guys just play out of the box, charge it for a bit or what.

you have to plug it in to connect it but i didnt wait long until i pulled the plug

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Has anyone had any audio issues with the PS5? Mine randomly started distorting the audio pretty bad. I thought it was my sound bar but when
I used the tv audio it was still distorted. When I reset the PS5 the audio went back to normal.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I haven't even played a ps5 game other than astro bot on my ps5 because I'm so busy with the ps+ collection

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

Vikar Jerome posted:

not until the percentage of people who have them are higher than those who dont. please dont read the spoiler if you dont have a ps5 yet, sorry. but i really love my ps5 and i know it loves me, playing ff14 on it right now and its smooth as silk

I’m so excited for FF14 on this thing.

I set up Twitter notifications on my phone for Wario64 et al and apparently my phone vibrated right off my night table. It hit the ground and woke me up. Ten minutes later, Best Buy happened to go live and I snagged one. It sucks that you basically need an act of god to get one.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Much like Shirley Jackson's The Lottery, I just get stoned and hope for better luck next time

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
PlayStation 5: Send NuDes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahahaha that took me a sec

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

and yet people made fun of Nintendo for charging $60 for cardboard!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Caught one of these the other day in the wild, it'd just gone up as I was browsing. There's something strangely admirable about PT Barnum wannabes over here jumping up on their milk crates to sell people an empty box.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m the 34 bids

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I’m not a big fan of the PSN store layout. Sometimes I just want to login and see what’s on sale. I haven’t figured out how to just see the list of on sale games like on PS4.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

arbybaconator posted:

I’m not a big fan of the PSN store layout. Sometimes I just want to login and see what’s on sale. I haven’t figured out how to just see the list of on sale games like on PS4.

PSN's layout has always been garbage. Before and after they updated it.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Just hanging out with Ostrava of Boletaria.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

So the tempest audio is kinda lame right? I managed to get a PS5 but am wondering if I should get the pulse headset.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The tempest 3d audio is good and it works with any headphones you can connect to a ps5 or dualsense

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The PS5 has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to order the PS5?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Duckula posted:

So the tempest audio is kinda lame right? I managed to get a PS5 but am wondering if I should get the pulse headset.

No, get a better one.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
I want to buy a PS5. How do I buy a PS5?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Policenaut posted:

Man I love my PS5, even though I work retail and after coming home from black Friday season days i dont wanna play Demons Souls so I just play dead by daylight and yell at my teammates. drat I love my PS5.
I've been unable to connect to one match as survivor on the PS5 version. Killer is like insta-queue.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fashionly snort posted:

I want to buy a PS5. How do I buy a PS5?

Just look on ebay. Pretty easy to find there.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

Just look on ebay. Pretty easy to find there.

Just checked and they are a bit too pricy there. Do you have one I can buy?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just want kohl’s to pull the death trigger already, the suspense is annoying.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hatty posted:

I just want kohl’s to pull the death trigger already, the suspense is annoying.

I hope they pull the shipping trigger and you are able to relax.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

I want to call/visit those gamestops w/ stock about a half hour away but I gather it is a fool's errand if they are black friday stock. :negative:

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Waltzing Along posted:

I hope they pull the shipping trigger and you are able to relax.

I dunno about anybody else, but I'm not personally going to believe I have one until it's physically in my hands (so, probably next summer, at this rate).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

John F Bennett posted:

The main reason I'm still in this thread is to see how the BP story ends, it's quite the rollercoaster and I feel bad for him.

I'll be sending some good vibrations in your direction.

I think I might retire from gaming lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You know poo poo is rough when even the OP of the thread can't get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

MarcusSA posted:

You know poo poo is rough when even the OP of the thread can't get one.