Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My bp capped yesterday. They may have changed events to go towards weekly limit because idk how i got there otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

No Wave posted:

My bp capped yesterday. They may have changed events to go towards weekly limit because idk how i got there otherwise.

They added two additional weekly missions with the reputation system (3 bounties and 3 requests), so there's more bp exp available to get now.

NuclearWinterUK fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 22, 2020

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Glazius posted:

Can you cap your BP for the week? I don't think I ever actually have, maybe the weeklies rolled wrong, but either way pass-level achievements including events don't count for the weekly cap.

This week is the first week I've ever actually managed it. And I didn't even do the 10 boss kills.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

thank gently caress I didnt need to do the Leylines one

im at BP 23 with 28 days to spare, this poo poo is gonna be easy to complete, too bad Shadowlands comes out tomorrow tbf

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I capped my BP for the week thanks to the meteorites. Didn't even have to finish leylines or dailies today.

Also I pulled Chongyun from Wanderlust thinking I was gonna hit pity. 10 more rolls should get me SOME kinda 5-star? (Keqing or Mona or Diluc pls)

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Pretty sure the "BP Period" missions don't count towards the weekly cap. At the moment there's enough XP in the dailies and weeklies to hit the cap without needing all of them.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Oceanbound posted:

Pretty sure the "BP Period" missions don't count towards the weekly cap. At the moment there's enough XP in the dailies and weeklies to hit the cap without needing all of them.

Yeah, funny story, right after I posted that I went into the game, did my dailes, and capped BP for the week. It's the bounties and requests that did it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Oceanbound posted:

In that case, I was on it this week. :D

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Well, the Wolf just dropped a Spear prototype!

Should I refine my Crescent Pike to level 3 or hold onto the prototype in case someone else wants a different spear?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Some Numbers posted:

Well, the Wolf just dropped a Spear prototype!

Should I refine my Crescent Pike to level 3 or hold onto the prototype in case someone else wants a different spear?

If you ever swap Xiangling off carry DPS you'll want the other craftable spear. Way better for a build centered on dropping her skills and swapping out

E:

Based on what we know about Zhongli, would it be better to level Xingguang C5 or Noelle C1 as a Geo support for Zhongli carry or assume Zhongli will be a Geo support and level Xingguang C5 as a carry?

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 22, 2020

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
e: double post

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

zgrowler2 posted:

If you ever swap Xiangling off carry DPS you'll want the other craftable spear. Way better for a build centered on dropping her skills and swapping out

E:

Based on what we know about Zhongli, would it be better to level Xingguang C5 or Noelle C1 as a Geo support for Zhongli carry or assume Zhongli will be a Geo support and level Xingguang C5 as a carry?
He looks like a support. I would still just wait you might hate how he plays.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

he doesnt have any passives that improve his attacks and his growth stat is geo dmg, so he would need an abuseable auto attack like xiangling to be a good main dps (which i dont think he has.) the focus up 5 star weapon for him gains attack when he hits an opponent, but i think this is just supposed to work with the pulsing damage on his elemental skill. considering he also needs a second geo construct out to work with, ningguang is likely his best partner (ideally with the skill that resets jade screen when it gets destroyed.)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, the big thing with him is getting resonance damage on his skill, so Noelle is basically useless and you'd want GeoMC or Ningguang instead.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

No Wave posted:

He looks like a support. I would still just wait you might hate how he plays.

Good idea, I took to both Klee and Childe's kits but that's no guarantee.

I'm in the weird spot where I'm stockpiling XP books and mora while artifacts and ascension mats are my main damage bottleneck. I scraped up enough DPS to solo the meteors after hitting a wall. Looking forward to the co-op part of the event

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Given that we all just got 200 purple books and 2.5 million mora I don't think that's an odd position to be in!

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

No Wave posted:

Given that we all just got 200 purple books and 2.5 million mora I don't think that's an odd position to be in!

I've already used all my purple books. :whatup:

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
You don't have to go nuts on the BP at all, there's plenty of slack. As long as you make a legit effort to do it, it's gonna happen. Feel free to ignore challenges you don't like.

As long as you get to like 8000 of your limit in a week, you'll complete it with BP to spare.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ashenai posted:

You don't have to go nuts on the BP at all, there's plenty of slack. As long as you make a legit effort to do it, it's gonna happen. Feel free to ignore challenges you don't like.

As long as you get like 8000 a week, you'll complete it with BP to spare.

Yeah I'm nearly half way done with it and I really think they should add more levels at the end even if it just gives poo poo rewards.

A lot of the other games battle passes do that just so you feel like you keep getting stuff even if the rewards are kinda poo poo.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
In case anyone is curious or for resin planning purposes, the next phase of the event is 40 resin for 50 meteor cores. Not sure if it scales with WL.

Shop prices/buyable amounts:

vandiar fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 22, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Weekly bosses drop five star artifacts as early as a30 so that’s something. In hindsight it doesn’t seem like much but I probably liked it at the time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

vandiar posted:

In case anyone is curious or for resin planning purposes, the next phase of the event is 40 resin for 50 meteor cores.

Shop prices/buyable amounts:

Oh my lord this shop is INSANE. Hope you didnt have any other plans for your resin this week! Glad I have a user for each book.

Any idea on how many crowns?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 22, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Like I did freak a little when seeing it but 6 blue books for 20 resin isn’t thaaaaat crazy and mostly matches the first week bonus rate I think.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

No Wave posted:

Oh my lord this shop is INSANE. Hope you didnt have any other plans for your resin this week! Glad I have a user for each book.

Any idea on how many crowns?

Just 1 crown for sale.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I consider a double rate to be pretty nuts. Each pile of books you buy is saving you 40 resin.

You should be abe to buy out the shop in 14 runs at 50 per run I think so no fragile required.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 22, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

zgrowler2 posted:

I'm in the weird spot where I'm stockpiling XP books and mora while artifacts and ascension mats are my main damage bottleneck. I scraped up enough DPS to solo the meteors after hitting a wall. Looking forward to the co-op part of the event

Thankfully co-op seems to be optional.

That tracks here. I haven't eaten the AR45 hit yet, but I'm sitting on a bit over 5m and more books than I'll need for two carries. If I do 5-7ish fire flowers then Diluc is set for 80. The overworld will probably be a massive pain given I'll hit WL5 at least a week before I can spend resin again, but meh. I'll keep my fragiles around for 5*s later.

If nothing else waiting on blowing currency lets me jump on it when some new carry becomes a monster due to new set/rules changes/spiral is now all about geo/whatever.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mailer posted:

As someone who knew the domains/ley lines counted regardless of if you spent resin, I am a loving idiot. (thanks)

How do you continue completing ley lines without spending resin? The flowers just sit there and I don't know how to get rid of them without spending resin.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

How do you continue completing ley lines without spending resin? The flowers just sit there and I don't know how to get rid of them without spending resin.

Just come back the next day and they refresh.

If you kill the 4 on the map every day you only need to do that for 5 days for the BP quest.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Glazius posted:

Can you cap your BP for the week? I don't think I ever actually have, maybe the weeklies rolled wrong, but either way pass-level achievements including events don't count for the weekly cap.

i just did :v:

i'm at rank 19 with 190 exp. it happens if you do a lot of dailies, weeklies, and then one thing out of the monthly. it's too bad because it means i won't be able to get my black sword until after next week.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m not convinced the bp is worth money unless you really want the weapon. Like it’s just time gated mats. Which is cool but... that’s how they get ya!

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

The White Dragon posted:

i just did :v:

i'm at rank 19 with 190 exp. it happens if you do a lot of dailies, weeklies, and then one thing out of the monthly. it's too bad because it means i won't be able to get my black sword until after next week.

The monthlies don't count for your weekly limit. It's just that the weekly plus seven times the dailies add up to 10860.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

kater posted:

I’m not convinced the bp is worth money unless you really want the weapon. Like it’s just time gated mats. Which is cool but... that’s how they get ya!

It's also a little over 8 pulls ($1.21 per pull). Which is terrible value if you compare it to Welkin Blessing (about $0.26 per pull), but great value if you compare it to buying primos from the store ($2.47 per pull). It's better value than buying gems from the store even with the first timer's doubling bonus.

If you want to spend money on the game, then Welkin Blessing is your best value by far, and the BP is the second best. Whether it's worth it is a personal decision, of course! But it's still objectively better value than whaling.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 22, 2020

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I bought the BP pass last cycle and I don't regret it. But now that I've got an incredible surplus of mora and exp books (made even larger by the Fischl event), I'm probably not gonna buy it again.

It was definitely a worthwhile purchase my first time when I was constantly gated by materials, but I think I'm good now.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ashenai posted:

The monthlies don't count for your weekly limit. It's just that the weekly plus seven times the dailies add up to 10860.

ahh ok. i guess i better do my monthlies then lol

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

The White Dragon posted:

ahh ok. i guess i better do my monthlies then lol

-A Regency debutante

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

inthesto posted:

I bought the BP pass last cycle and I don't regret it. But now that I've got an incredible surplus of mora and exp books (made even larger by the Fischl event), I'm probably not gonna buy it again.

It was definitely a worthwhile purchase my first time when I was constantly gated by materials, but I think I'm good now.

For now...

But yeah, the Welkin and BP are by far the "best value" There aren't enough ironic quotes

The Welkin is great when you need characters, but for doing things with whoever you pull the bp is tops. Keep in mind that you can't grind to catch up, you can get at most 10 levels a week, and the items are back heavy so it's much less worth it if you don't think you'll finish the whole thing.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I doubt anyone here particularly cares, but spending money on games like this isn't any worse than spending them on MTG or miniatures or any other collectible hobby you happen to have. As long as you can afford it who gives a poo poo, just have fun with the game.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Finishing the Battle Pass is way more comfortable now than it used to be. With the resin cap increase I no longer lose resin due to it capping while I'm asleep + off to work, which means I actually finish the weekly resin spending goal now. And with the 900 extra points per week for bounties + requests, it should be much more doable to hit the weekly cap regularly, which I did for the first time today. Before I would've had to spend fragile resin to reach it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
With BP and blessing I'm looking at a whopping $12.50 a month for a game I'm going to play for 40+ hours during that time, so yeah. They're both sane options to support the game and have a little bit more fun playing it. You don't even need to buy the BP up front - can just see how far you get and check if it's worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Just pulled Tart, also c4 on XQ which is cool since I am really starting to like having him on my team. At this point should I just hoard primos until we get a new banner?