Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

so between SA reregs, what internet communities do you hang out in to get your steady supply of meme replies to insult us with?

in between posting on SA, being super online elsewhere, running a darkweb weed business, having a super hot business-owning wife, and checking out nice co-op apartments to live in, you must live a very busy life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelfMadeFailson
Nov 24, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS, Arrhythmia, and Viewers Like You

Klyith posted:

so between SA reregs, what internet communities do you hang out in to get your steady supply of meme replies to insult us with?

in between posting on SA, being super online elsewhere, running a darkweb weed business, having a super hot business-owning wife, and checking out nice co-op apartments to live in, you must live a very busy life!
I wake up early. I'm an admin on 6 different discords, and am a member of two other forums. Although lately I've been most active on this one, because, frankly, gloating is fun! Reddit, but I'm not too active on there, I mostly lurk.

I haven't been in the weed game for years though.

e: wait, how did you know my wife was super hot?! :tinfoil:

SelfMadeFailson fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 25, 2020

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
buttcoin

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I don't feel too owned when a bitcoin pedophile gloats about anything

SelfMadeFailson
Nov 24, 2020

I work from home at my desk, so I have a lot of time to troll SA, among other simple pleasures.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Wait I thought the whole point of you getting a place in NYC was because of your commute?

When you tell the truth you don't have to remember all your lies. Take your meds seraph.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

SelfMadeFailson posted:

I haven't been in the weed game for years though.

funny you were bragging about it in may

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I hope you used your bitcoin profits to ensure those 6 discord servers are protected by BIP39-coded titanium bars

SelfMadeFailson
Nov 24, 2020

Klyith posted:

funny you were bragging about it in may
I was bragging about having been in it. A fun and lucrative biz for a 20-something.

Ad by Khad posted:

I hope you used your bitcoin profits to ensure those 6 discord servers are protected by BIP39-coded titanium bars
Holy gently caress you made an actually funny post!

vortmax posted:

Wait I thought the whole point of you getting a place in NYC was because of your commute?

When you tell the truth you don't have to remember all your lies. Take your meds seraph.
I'm contractually obligated to be within the five boroughs of NYC. I could move but I'd have to seek other work, and I love my job.

SelfMadeFailson fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 25, 2020

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

vortmax posted:

buttcoin
code:
buttcoin

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
hey man I don't have like any animosity here, I think you're acting like a dick but I think it's because your mental illness isn't really managed the way you think it is, and it's just kinda cringey honestly

I'm glad you're doing well and aren't starving and poo poo anymore, you live in NYC where the most evil people on earth make way more money than you every day so like I really don't wish ill on you at all but I just think like despite whatever puppet master poo poo you post, you're just coming off looking like a dick and no one is like dancing on your strings for pointing that out, it's just, again, weird and kind of sad so I hope you get whatever help you need

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SelfMadeFailson posted:

I'm contractually obligated to be within the five boroughs of NYC. I could move but I'd have to seek other work, and I love my job.

is that a sex offender registry thing? or is it just a hobby trying to argue that the age of consent is too high?

SelfMadeFailson
Nov 24, 2020

Rectal Death Adept posted:

is that a sex offender registry thing? or is it just a hobby trying to argue that the age of consent is too high?
Age of consent is fine. Sexual repression sucks though, and causes a lot of mass shootings in this country. Read Christopher Ryan's work.

SelfMadeFailson
Nov 24, 2020

Stefan Prodan posted:

hey man I don't have like any animosity here, I think you're acting like a dick but I think it's because your mental illness isn't really managed the way you think it is, and it's just kinda cringey honestly

I'm glad you're doing well and aren't starving and poo poo anymore, you live in NYC where the most evil people on earth make way more money than you every day so like I really don't wish ill on you at all but I just think like despite whatever puppet master poo poo you post, you're just coming off looking like a dick and no one is like dancing on your strings for pointing that out, it's just, again, weird and kind of sad so I hope you get whatever help you need
Thanks Stefan, I genuinely appreciate your honest feedback. Maybe I should take a step back, if I'm coming across like a dick. I'm just trying to have some fun, not hurt anyone's feelings here. Still really feels like most of you are happy to dish it out but cry for the mods pretty fast the moment you end up on the receiving end of any sort of mockery.

I'll give you a break until after Thanksgiving. Hope you all have a joyful one!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

SelfMadeFailson posted:

Bitcoin breaks capitalism, as you will see.

This is fundamentally wrong, and you need to read your Marx. Bitcoin was integrated into capitalism from the start- it was designed to be- and that's why people like you are crowing about its "value" going up. The only reason that the wealthy haven't destroyed it is because it is genuinely not a threat to their system- it is an asset to the system.

Bitcoin will not even attempt to break capitalism because Bitcoin relies on capitalism.

If you don't understand why, then you really do not have the grounding to talk about this.

SelfMadeFailson
Nov 24, 2020

Somfin posted:

This is fundamentally wrong, and you need to read your Marx. Bitcoin was integrated into capitalism from the start- it was designed to be- and that's why people like you are crowing about its "value" going up. The only reason that the wealthy haven't destroyed it is because it is genuinely not a threat to their system- it is an asset to the system.

Bitcoin will not even attempt to break capitalism because Bitcoin relies on capitalism.

If you don't understand why, then you really do not have the grounding to talk about this.
You have no idea what bitcoin was designed to do, and neither do I. We are both speculating, I'm just better at it than you.

See you all around!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Goddammit not again lol

SelfMadeFailson
Nov 24, 2020

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Goddammit not again lol
:glomp: Hey HGB, you know, your life as a mod would be much easier if you were to just, like, not ban me.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

SelfMadeFailson posted:

:glomp: Hey HGB, you know, your life as a mod would be much easier if you were to just, like, not ban me.

bro

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Goddammit not again lol

In his manic phase seraph will keep buying new accounts. It's really sad, but be prepared to ban the next one in minutes or hours. :sigh:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Maybe just close all the bitcoin threads and let QCS deal with him until he's done with his episode

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I liked the part where he admitted he himself is part of the institutional capitalist problem that he has been ineffectually railing against in this thread for literal years, that was a new one

Also when he went from declaring he doesn't deny his white privilege then denied it four minutes later.

Here's a post from June, nothing meaningful has changed with regards to crypto despite the world experiencing more turmoil in the last 10 months than probably the entire previous 50 years put together:

Ad by Khad posted:

Global pandemic, major worldwide social unrest and economic numbers that have some experts convinced "we are already in a great depression"

Thank god we have bitcoin here to solve absolutely zero problems and make no difference whatsoever, drifting along in yet another bart pattern, same as it ever was

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

SelfMadeFailson posted:

You have no idea what bitcoin was designed to do, and neither do I. We are both speculating, I'm just better at it than you.

BitCoin was designed to be money for libertarian pedophiles and drug buyers without someone tracking the money and not paying the fees to participate in the financial system. People who are unbanked not for where the are (such as the tiny bank in a rural county I grew up in), but for the harm bad customers cause to their business model. Unpaid overdrafts, poor spending habits, bad credit users and low credit scores, and bankruptcies. That’s it. Trustless money is one of the absolute dumbest ideas in history. Satoshi didn’t create a single thing that had not been already proven to be, well, not really stupid per se, just creative but EXTREMELY inefficient. Which is one of the reasons nobody uses it it the general pubic. Police and federal agents all over the world love it: even Capone encrypted his ledger and kept his dealings hidden whereas The Blockchain just tracks the dirty trail in neon in some sort of self-addictive honeypot crooks fall in repeatedly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

let QCS deal with him until he's done with his episode

The last three times this has been attempted it was explained to him (in very unsubtle terms and with evidence) that his go-to excuse of "give me a second chance" 1) has no sympathy behind it and 2) factually isn't even correct as he's on at least his fortieth chance by now, with the same behavior each time that makes nobody like him

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I haven't seen it brought up in a while, but can't Bitcoin only process something like 7 transactions a second at its max? Thus making it take something like 34 years to process if every person on the planet made just one transaction each?

Is that still true? How do bitcoin enthusiasts respond to this?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I took $600,00 and put it in bitcoin.

I could have taken that money and invested it in the stock market and built it into something sustainable.

I could have started a business.

I could have done a ton of things with it.

But instead, because I am mentally ill and extremely arrogant, I put it in bitcoin. I got lucky and the price of bitcoin went up nearly 6 times. And I will lose it all when it drops again.

Just don't kill yourself when you lose it all Seraph. You are going to lose it all, you know. It's just a matter of time.

Tick tick tick.

You are the financial version of an anti-vaxxer, anti-masker, no flu shot idiot. Someone who thinks they know better than experts and people who have devoted years of study to something. This is your arrogance. You might think you are gloating but really, we all feel sorry for you. It's normal human nature to feel compassion for someone who is suffering. And you are clearing suffering, though you may not realize it. But you are going to crash and when you do, we hope that you are able to take a long look in the mirror and grow from the experience and hopefully gain some wisdom.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

DerekSmartymans posted:

BitCoin was designed to be money for libertarian pedophiles and drug buyers without someone tracking the money and not paying the fees to participate in the financial system. People who are unbanked not for where the are (such as the tiny bank in a rural county I grew up in), but for the harm bad customers cause to their business model. Unpaid overdrafts, poor spending habits, bad credit users and low credit scores, and bankruptcies. That’s it. Trustless money is one of the absolute dumbest ideas in history. Satoshi didn’t create a single thing that had not been already proven to be, well, not really stupid per se, just creative but EXTREMELY inefficient. Which is one of the reasons nobody uses it it the general pubic. Police and federal agents all over the world love it: even Capone encrypted his ledger and kept his dealings hidden whereas The Blockchain just tracks the dirty trail in neon in some sort of self-addictive honeypot crooks fall in repeatedly.

Imagine thinking that you're outside of the system's control and surveillance because you write down literally everything that you do with your money in a way that is inescapably and by design publicly accessible.

Someone could actually go through the ledger and confirm that there was or was not an actual purchase of 500-600 thousand dollars in bitcoin at a point in time that would lead to it now being "worth" 3.5 million, because all of the transactions ever made are part of the same public log.

It's hilarious that the folks who put money into this thing are never, ever concerned why someone else would want to cash out when the value is obviously just going up up up.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Master Twig posted:

Is that still true? How do bitcoin enthusiasts respond to this?

"The limit on transactions per minute is actually good for bitcoin! It means that bitcoins will only be used for big important things. Bitcoin will be the international reserve, other cryptos will be the money of the hoi-polloi. So you should buy bitcoin now, when the US treasury has to buy bitcoins to back the USD you will own a substantial fraction of the US economy."

Foo Diddley posted:

Maybe just close all the bitcoin threads and let QCS deal with him until he's done with his episode

At some point he will run low on money because he isn't really a bitcoin multi-millionaire. Then he'll create a new submarine account to post incognito for months or years. Until he thinks he's built up acceptance and can spring a surprise conversion to make us see the light.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

it's really not some huge impossibility that some people made some money on bitcoin. we've had people in this thread who did and its fine, sometimes it happens

the problem is the true believer FUTURE OF MONEY dumbos whose dumb claims are backed by less than the nothing that bitcoin is backed by.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Imagine having so much money you could retire or work the job you love anywhere in the world but you buy a 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment because the commute is quicker

Also take your meds, the random youtube videos at the end of every post is really giving me /x/ and woo woo conspiracy schizophrenia vibes, saw that a lot with people just teetering on the edge. Please be careful.

Why would the US ever decide to adopt bitcoin when they can just make their own cryptocurrency that isn't filled with pedophiles?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

canadian banks actually did make their own cryptocurrency that wasnt filled with criminals but then got rid of it after deciding it didnt do anything better than existing digital payments platforms

america's digital payment methods are hosed but the solution to that is reining in credit card lobbyists, not dunning-krugerrands

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fried Watermelon posted:

Imagine having so much money you could retire or work the job you love anywhere in the world but you buy a 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment because the commute is quicker

Also take your meds, the random youtube videos at the end of every post is really giving me /x/ and woo woo conspiracy schizophrenia vibes, saw that a lot with people just teetering on the edge. Please be careful.

Why would the US ever decide to adopt bitcoin when they can just make their own cryptocurrency that isn't filled with pedophiles?

They're all just meme embeds lol, they're not even evangelism or explanation, they're just "actually bitcoiners are post-enlightenment Neo and the federal reserve is Agent Smith" with absolutely no understanding of the film in question

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
the only serious ongoing attempt at cryptocurrency outside of drug-addled pedos is being made by a corporation hoping to become too big to regulate

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

and if you want to read about all the ways they hosed it up last year, buy David Gerard's new book

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I hate capitalism so much, I'm going to invest all my inherited wealth into the digital darling of all broke-brained libertarians that's fuelled with dead pandas and international crime. And that, my friends, is how you defeat capital.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Shumagorath posted:

the only serious ongoing attempt at cryptocurrency outside of drug-addled pedos is being made by a corporation hoping to become too big to regulate

are you talking about facebook's libra? because I have news for you about that "ongoing" attempt...

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

I hate capitalism so much, I'm going to invest all my inherited wealth into the digital darling of all broke-brained libertarians that's fuelled with dead pandas and international crime. And that, my friends, is how you defeat capital.

I know that the userbase of this site that I desperately, desperately want to be part of all hates capitalism, so I'm going to pretend that my speculative investment gambling with my inheritance is actually a step toward fighting capitalism despite not knowing what the word actually means

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
So before seraph comes back I want to get this straight

1.) Bitcoin is good because when Fiat currency collapses it will have value
2.) It will have value because it is global, and any specific fiat currency collapsing won't affect a global cryptocurrency
3.) In this hypothetical local collapse this global cryptocurrency will become adopted as opposed to any of these stable global fiat currencies because ????

So it seems like the only point where people would mass adopt Cryptocurrency would be if the entire concept of fiat currency collapsed, worldwide. People would choose digital gambling tokens as units of exchange instead of food, metals, raw materials or natural resources for some reason.

I get that he has made money. I personally have made money gambling on crypto. That does not mean that cryptocurrency is good or will ever have a point.

Seraph since you are definitely reading this you should probably stick to gloating about how much money you made to rub it in the faces of those who doubted you/crypto instead of trying to pretend like Bitcoins are actually worthwhile.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wait, all I have to do is install the entire financial history onto my computer before I can start banking? Well, let me see...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010