Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I gather the PS5 doesn’t have some way to just send screenshots automatically to your phone’s storage or something? That’s what I want more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
True. Sony doesn't want to bother building out direct-sale infrastructure in every country, and nor should they.

Amazon, however, absolutely has the capacity to build in a system of 'Order this thing, and you'll get shipped when stock comes in, in the order you bought it.' People could have been ordering the thing months ago, and getting updated in November that they'd actually get theirs in December, or January, or whatever.

Hell, Amazon does that with other products.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

That gives people time to reconsider their $500 purchase and cancel. The system works because you won't think twice about securing an order when it is near impossible to get one.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Not going to lie, I was pretty pissed with how PS Direct was handled yesterday. Out of pure luck I decided to check and got in the queue about a minute before Wario or the other twitter posters responded to it. Just enough time to call my friend and get him into queue too. The fact that the queue cycled the two of us, and countless other people who were early only to randomly release stock after 90 minutes is insane. Why not just do a lottery at that point? I know the answer, but it was very frustrating to feel good about helping my bud only to lose out because Sony decided to jerk off for an hour.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Fedule posted:

honestly I'm a little sad at how it doens't seem as big in person as the pictures made it out to be (that's a free setup for anyone who wants to smash it home).

its not the size that matters, its how you charge it, that counts.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

a new study bible! posted:

Not going to lie, I was pretty pissed with how PS Direct was handled yesterday. Out of pure luck I decided to check and got in the queue about a minute before Wario or the other twitter posters responded to it. Just enough time to call my friend and get him into queue too. The fact that the queue cycled the two of us, and countless other people who were early only to randomly release stock after 90 minutes is insane. Why not just do a lottery at that point? I know the answer, but it was very frustrating to feel good about helping my bud only to lose out because Sony decided to jerk off for an hour.

It seems like every major retailer looked at what Best Buy did on Sunday and is now using some form of stock cycling. Sony doing that on top of the queue system is an odd choice.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Rhaka posted:

Is there any sort of strat for finding PS5s in the UK at all? I joined some discords and trackers that never dinged once, and on launch day I just got my poo poo kicked in all over the place.

There is no stock anywhere, worldwide, you basically won't be getting one this year unless you pay a scalper (dont do this).

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
As someone whose decision paralysis usually only extends to builds in RPGs, the choice between performance and fidelity in Miles Morales is the hardest videogame decision I've ever made in my life. The ray tracing looks so loving good but beating people up at 60fps is so much fun.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RichterIX posted:

As someone whose decision paralysis usually only extends to builds in RPGs, the choice between performance and fidelity in Miles Morales is the hardest videogame decision I've ever made in my life. The ray tracing looks so loving good but beating people up at 60fps is so much fun.

Just lol if you willingly choose to play Miles Morales at 30FPS. Or any game for that matter.

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

I have to admit I started out in ray-tracing mode because I didn't think the fps difference would be that noticeable, but I was very wrong.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

RichterIX posted:

I used to think this too but swinging around at 60 fps for 10 minutes ruined me and I can't touch fidelity mode anymore. It's sad because those reflections were pretty.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m gonna play everything in fidelity mode every time

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Blaming scalpers is fun and easy but likely to be just a scapegoat. The systems being hawked on Facebook or eBay or what have you are super visible so of course they draw your attention, but anecdotally on launch day a full quarter of my friends list was showing as on a PS5, and if the production numbers are anything to go by the systems sitting on some jerk's coffee table are a fraction of a percent of the run.

The demand most likely is really that high, and of course there's a whole subset of people with time and money securing second and third systems for people without one or the other or both that's handled entirely discreetly.

As an aside, some Target employees mentioned to me yesterday that they hadn't seen any PS5 shipments in more than a week and had received an internal memo that they wouldn't get any before the new year. They also mentioned that Series X shipments had been and still are coming in regularly.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Bushido Brown posted:

I used to think this too but swinging around at 60 fps for 10 minutes ruined me and I can't touch fidelity mode anymore. It's sad because those reflections were pretty.

Yeah, this is likely the way it will go for me.

On the flip side, Demon's Souls "cinematic" mode felt immediately and viscerally terrible.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The more things change the more they stay the same. The poison swamp in DeSR performed terribly when I got down to it and it wasn't until I got up out of that mire did the performance improve.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Policenaut posted:

The more things change the more they stay the same. The poison swamp in DeSR performed terribly when I got down to it and it wasn't until I got up out of that mire did the performance improve.
Were you in cinematic mode or something? I didn't notice a single frame dip in the entire game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Volte posted:

Were you in cinematic mode or something? I didn't notice a single frame dip in the entire game.

No, I've been in performance the entire time and the minute I got down there it started visibly performing worse. It's the only instance in the game that performed badly so far.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Necrothatcher posted:

Pop a USB stick in the front, go to gallery, select 'Copy to USB'.

USB stick? What is this, 2005?

Edit: Holy poo poo this lightning research mission in Spider-Man is so loving bad. Why the gently caress do the stations I've already done stay highlighted on the map? I can't loving find the last god drat ones I haven't done

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 26, 2020

Feb 2, 2005
You got your PS5 in an airtight container or something? All of the valley ran absolutely perfectly for me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

No it's in an entertainment unit slot with an open back and space all around it. Also sorry it was the swamp-y area underneath the Tower of Latria not the actual Valley of Defilement.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Just lol if you willingly choose to play Miles Morales at 30FPS. Or any game for that matter.

lol

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

RichterIX posted:

Gimmie the option for fidelity 1080p-60hz.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hopefully the PS5 won’t be like the Wii and have people lining up at store openings like a year after release.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

TheCenturion posted:

Gimmie the option for fidelity 1080p-60hz.
Not saying it can't happen, but I'm pretty sure the raytraced reflections are already computed at a much lower resolution than the screen is drawn at, so the barrier to 60fps may not just be in the raw number of pixels.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bad Parenting posted:

I'm in the UK and I could have sworn I saw an 'upgrade to ultimate edition' option on the title screen of miles yesterday, I'll check when I fire it up again later

I found it! I was expecting something on the store itself rather than from inside the game, but either way thanks for the tip.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Is it actually possible to create a Party by yourself or am I going to have to actually seriously create an alt account just for the sake of media sharing?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Pro-tip for anyone with a PS5 that wants to use PSVR:

Provided that you've got the adaptor for the PS4 camera, with just makes it a regular USB-A plug, you can plug both that and the other USB plug into a hub, so you only need to use one of the two USB ports on the back of the PS5. This was extremely useful for me as it's impossible to have an external HDD/SSD for PS4 games if both of those rear ports are being used by PSVR - and the PS5 does not let you use an external drive connected via a hub or on either of the USB-A/USB-C ports on the front of the console.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'd use my son's account but I can't create one because everyone I try they say I have to verify my email but there is no verification email

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Also: What has happened to the "upload/download save data" button in the Options menu for games in your dashboard?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Fedule posted:

Is it actually possible to create a Party by yourself or am I going to have to actually seriously create an alt account just for the sake of media sharing?

So I don't have my PS5 yet so I haven't been able to dig into it, but you should be able to upload to Twitter and/or Facebook if you don't have a thumb drive kicking around anywhere. That was an option on the PS4 and it'd be dumb to remove it on the PS5.

Fake Edit: In fact, I just confirmed this was still an option via this link. You can upload it to your socials, then download it on your phone or whatever. My Twitter account is 100% only for screenshots and following Wario64.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Soysaucebeast posted:

So I don't have my PS5 yet so I haven't been able to dig into it, but you should be able to upload to Twitter and/or Facebook if you don't have a thumb drive kicking around anywhere. That was an option on the PS4 and it'd be dumb to remove it on the PS5.

Fake Edit: In fact, I just confirmed this was still an option via this link. You can upload it to your socials, then download it on your phone or whatever. My Twitter account is 100% only for screenshots and following Wario64.

I remain keenly aware that Twitter is the most expedient and functional option for sharing PS4/5 screenshots and videos. I hate it. I want to be able to grab stuff to my phone as directly as possible with ideally no intermediate step. PSN used to allow this, by publishing to activities with an audience of No One. It was optimal-ish. But now we don't have that and it's parties, socials or nothing, and honesty pushing video to twitter is suboptimal to begin with.

Incredibly, the optimal choice is now to create a Party with an alt account and publish to that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I sure do wish more games had UI scaling in their accessibility options because the switch to HD was an exercise in eyestrain but 4K is next loving level

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's so dumb that Sony doesn't at least let you connect a third-party service that's actually for storage, like dropbox or google drive. Maybe I want to export a capture from my PS5 for a reason other than posting a badly compressed version of it to twitter??

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

I drove by a GameStop on the way to the girlfriends parents house and saw a tent pitched with a nerd inside. Gotta admire that level of determination.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

WalletBeef posted:

I drove by a GameStop on the way to the girlfriends parents house and saw a tent pitched with a nerd inside. Gotta admire that level of determination.

Apparently every GameStop is getting 2 for BF.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Moderately OK game GreedFall is coming to PS5 with more content.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Fedule posted:

I remain keenly aware that Twitter is the most expedient and functional option for sharing PS4/5 screenshots and videos. I hate it. I want to be able to grab stuff to my phone as directly as possible with ideally no intermediate step. PSN used to allow this, by publishing to activities with an audience of No One. It was optimal-ish. But now we don't have that and it's parties, socials or nothing, and honesty pushing video to twitter is suboptimal to begin with.

Incredibly, the optimal choice is now to create a Party with an alt account and publish to that.

Eh, that's fair. Yea, if you don't want to use Facebook or Twitter, and aren't able to plug a thumb drive into the console, then making a group is really your only other option. It might be worth it to make a party with other goons having the same issue instead of everyone just making alt accounts, but that could just be me liking to see other people's screenshots. You know what works best for you more than I do.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Apparently every GameStop is getting 2 for BF.

I'm still convinced that when they said two consoles minimum per location, they meant 2-3 consoles. It's going to be a clusterfuck I think. But goonspeed to all y'all still fighting the good fight.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Im glad the L2/R2 triggers were not a thing during Kojimas career at Konami.

Imagine resisting electric torture in MGS 1, or the microwave tunnel in 4.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Flayer posted:

I'm loving how good the PS4 is at remote playing the PS5. It's almost like I've got two PS5s. Maybe it's just a scheme to get us all to hang on to our PS4s for as long as possible to keep the retail price up.

Long shot question here, but with this kind of setup, are you able to stream to youtube or twitch or whatever while remote playing? It's not possible for the PS4, so I don't hold out a lot of hope, but maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

As someone who enjoyed and completed this game you couldn’t pay my to play it again.