Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Are you a bad enough dude to HODL???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
[Extreme bitcoiner voice] invest bitcoin with the world’s best trading platform and get double of your investment deposit after 5 hours ,it is simple all you need to do is to invest and we will make the profit for you. Btcexcelinvest.com easy, secured and trusted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_o2Ny735Yo

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Seems legit.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

President of Australia wouldn't lie to you.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

EorayMel posted:

[Extreme bitcoiner voice] invest bitcoin with the world’s best trading platform and get double of your investment deposit after 5 hours ,it is simple all you need to do is to invest and we will make the profit for you. Btcexcelinvest.com easy, secured and trusted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_o2Ny735Yo

I trust any Australian / South African with a non-euclidean office space

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Somfin posted:

I trust any Australian / South African with a non-euclidean office space

I don't think that account name is the guys real name

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Oh hey this thread. Is there anyone left who unironically supports Bitcoin in the thread or has the passage of time claimed them all?

Seraph should be regging any minute now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bronze Fonz posted:

Seraph should be regging any minute now.

There are two options.

1 - he will claim he cashed out at the peak and kept all 3.5 million.

2 - he will hodl it all the way down until his 3.5 million is gone and maybe a good portion of the $600,000 he threw away on arrogance.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Ad by Khad posted:

you're not wrong, but i dont care enough about crypto to have any ironclad example to link here

at least someone found a successful hustle via bitcoin

the painful bit is doing the reading, and now i am HONOUR BOUND to track down old dumb Canadian buttcoinery

the last couple of days' crypto dumbassery have been sufficiently wearying that i came to SA to look at the anti-neo-nazi threads to relax. "what have those wacky scamps been up to now!!"

oh! shill content? I have paperback copies of the new book here next to me, if you want a copy signed by the author i can do those check the blog

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Love the avatar

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

xtal posted:

Love the avatar

there's some guy who loves the leslie nielsen avatar, maybe they'll be back along lately

i'm mostly delighted that someone spent bitcoins on it

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

the only hint I can give you towards a precise timeline is it was about a year after reports started coming out that RBC and CIBC would straight up close your account if they got wind you were doing crypto poo poo, and confiscate your money - this was pretty early on in the whole btc thing

I don't know if closing your account still occurs but I still make bitcoin jokes when I go in for those "financial checkups" they have me come in for to attempt to sell me finance products and the cringe on Mary's face is absolute gold every single time

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

divabot posted:

Ask me about how I've been calling Bitcoin a bubble and a scam for over 5 years, meanwhile it has gone from $240 to $18,000 in the time since I registered on this forum. I make my living being perpetually wrong about everything. In any other realm I'd be a laughing stock.

Someone spent $$ in the hopes they could convince you that you are wrong. When you do massive amounts of research and are about as knowledgeable as anyone on the planet about the subject matter. But because they are so focused on making $$ at any cost, they are right. It's really sad.

That $10 they wasted could have been used to buy more BTC. Talk about a self own.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

In every other realm you'd be a laughing stock. As opposed to this realm we live in, where bitcoin is the laughing stock.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

divabot posted:

there's some guy who loves the leslie nielsen avatar, maybe they'll be back along lately

i'm mostly delighted that someone spent bitcoins on it

who the gently caress is scraeming "hodl" at my house. show yourself, pervert. i will never hodl

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

In every other realm you'd be a laughing stock. As opposed to this realm we live in, where bitcoin is the laughing stock.

As the price goes down the stock of laffs goes up.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

orange juche posted:

As the price goes down the stock of laffs goes up.

the laffcoin mines will never run dry

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Puppy Time posted:

Bipolar isn't a personality disorder it's just your bog standard mood disorder.

But yeah just him and chart guy. I think most bitcoin fans have better things to do than try to convince the crowd of hecklers that no, really, it's great, why are you throwing rotten fruit at me when I'm right?!

E: This is not to say that those guys are right just that most of the guys who are not right are also not weirdly obsessive about converting the atheists who just want to laugh at them.

can he not have both

he says his bipolar is managed so if that's true then all that's left is he's just a twat

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Stefan Prodan posted:

can he not have both

he says his bipolar is managed so if that's true then all that's left is he's just a twat

The worst part of schizophrenia was the lack of conversation after my meds kick in. Gets lonely.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-price-continues-falling-losing-17k-in-biggest-crash-since-march

Cointelegraph is posting from the loving future "loses 17k in biggest crash since March"

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The two idiots will be back after the crash

They never post when number goes down

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Waltzing Along posted:

Someone spent $$ in the hopes they could convince you that you are wrong. When you do massive amounts of research and are about as knowledgeable as anyone on the planet about the subject matter. But because they are so focused on making $$ at any cost, they are right. It's really sad.

That $10 they wasted could have been used to buy more BTC. Talk about a self own.
What blows my mind with these weirdos is not so much that they want to say "I'm right, you're wrong." That would be stupid but it is understandable. Instead there is this strange but seemingly universal narrative of, "if only you hadn't talked poo poo, perhaps you too could have become rich... but you missed your chance, and now you are upset..." It's like they have to mock up this diorama of theoretical emotional reactions of internet strangers to get off.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

can he not have both

Or the simpler assumption: he thinks it's managed and doesn't notice that he's manic as hell because you don't register a problem when you feel loving awesome!!!!!

I mean it's certainly common enough to have both but I don't feel like anything so far has been out of line with what would be associated with a manic episode. (Admittedly I am not an expert on psychological or psychiatric disorders.)

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Puppy Time posted:

Or the simpler assumption: he thinks it's managed and doesn't notice that he's manic as hell because you don't register a problem when you feel loving awesome!!!!!

I mean it's certainly common enough to have both but I don't feel like anything so far has been out of line with what would be associated with a manic episode. (Admittedly I am not an expert on psychological or psychiatric disorders.)

It's almost impossible to tell when you are having a manic episode unless you have a trusted friend who can call you out. Coping with bipolar DEMANDS a ton of self reflection if one is to survive.

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica
Last night as I was reflecting on everything I have to be grateful for, I thought for a bit about these forums, and how I've treated you all here.

Stefan Prodan posted:

can he not have both

You know what Stefan, you're absolutely right, I've been a real twat for a long time here, and I'm sorry. So have many of you of course, but in most cases I started it, and besides, two wrongs don't make a right. From here on out, I'm going to do my best to not punch down at people who (ostensibly) may have less than me, whether it's intelligence, money, whatever. It doesn't matter, it's a shithead thing to do, a sure sign of a petty bitter man, and for someone who has so much to be thankful for, there is no excuse. It's no wonder so many of you think I have some sort of miserable life when I've been behaving this way for so long.

The truth is I lead a full and happy life, and I need to examine why this particular place on the internet so often brings out the worst in me. I want so badly to follow Literally a Bird's example and let it bring out the best in me.

For those who celebrate it, I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving! Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day!

aReasonableMan fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 27, 2020

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

aReasonableMan posted:

Last night as I was reflecting on everything I have to be grateful for, I thought for a bit about these forums, and how I've treated you all here.

You know what Stefan, you're absolutely right, I've been a real twat for a long time here, and I'm sorry. So have many of you of course, but in most cases I started it, and besides, two wrongs don't make a right. From here on out, I'm going to do my best to not punch down at people who (ostensibly) may have less than me, whether it's intelligence, money, whatever. It doesn't matter, it's a shithead thing to do, a sure sign of a petty bitter man, and for someone who has so much to be thankful for, there is no excuse. It's no wonder so many of you think I have some sort of miserable life when I've been behaving this way for so long.

The truth is I lead a full and happy life, and I need to examine why this particular place on the internet so often brings out the worst in me. I want so badly to follow Literally a Bird's example and let it bring out the best in me.

For those who celebrate it, I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving! Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day!

I want to frame this post

"You guys are saying I have a mood disorder and you know what I've been a dick, so have you of course, but anyway I'm not going to punch down on you stupid poors. It would be beneath me to act in such a manner toward those so much less fortunate than I. I am simply so great there is no reason for me to have acted that way toward those less wealthy and poorer than I. I am extremely happy and don't know why you bring this out of me."

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 27, 2020

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I want to frame this post

"You guys are saying I have a mood disorder and you know what I've been a dick, so have you of course, but anyway I'm not going to punch down on you stupid poors. It would be beneath me to act in such a manner toward those so much less fortunate than I. I am simply so great there is no reason for me to have acted that way toward those less wealthy and poorer than I. I am extremely happy and don't know why you bring this out of me."
I put the words 'ostensibly' and 'may' there for a reason. Perception is not always the same as reality. I am obviously not so great, just based on the way I behave here alone. I have a long way to go, and a lot of work to do on myself. I think part of the reason I keep posting here is because I want to prove to myself that I can behave anonymously online the same way I behave IRL. The divide between who I am and how I come across here bothers me. The constant antagonism from both sides isn't helping anything, btw. I think that's why I can post for months or years on alt accounts without issue here, but the minute I'm revealed to be Seraph everything goes to poo poo. My real philosophy in life is something close to:

“The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it.”
― David W. Orr, Ecological Literacy: Educating Our Children for a Sustainable World

and

“Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God drat it, you've got to be kind.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Yet here, I came across like a totally self-absorbed, petty pompous rear end in a top hat much of the time. I will not be satisfied until that behavior comes to a close. You can help, if you want, by not being so antagonistic.

aReasonableMan fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 27, 2020

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

aReasonableMan posted:

I put the words 'ostensibly' and 'may' there for a reason. Perception is not always the same as reality. I am obviously not so great, just based on the way I behave here alone. I have a long way to go, and a lot of work to do on myself. I think part of the reason I keep posting here is because I want to prove to myself that I can behave anonymously online the same way I behave IRL. The divide between who I am and how I come across here bothers me. The constant antagonism from both sides isn't helping anything, btw. I think that's why I can post for months or years on alt accounts without issue here, but the minute I'm revealed to be Seraph everything goes to poo poo. My real philosophy in life is something close to:

“The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it.”
― David W. Orr, Ecological Literacy: Educating Our Children for a Sustainable World

and

“Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God drat it, you've got to be kind.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Yet here, I came across like a totally self-absorbed, petty pompous rear end in a top hat much of the time. I will not be satisfied until that behavior comes to a close. You can help, if you want, by not being so antagonistic.

I think once you are revealed to be Seraph84 people have a problem with stuff like this

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica

I think once you are revealed to be Seraph84 people have a problem with stuff like this

Yeah, that was pretty bad, no question about it. It was also a long time ago, and it was a post informed by the recency effect of having read a book called Sex at Dawn that shifted my entire worldview.

That said, was it perma worthy? I wasn't perma'd for it, and you have people literally doxxing other posters without getting perma'd. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3947105&pagenumber=49&perpage=40#post510184371.

It has always seemed to me like I never got fair treatment in terms of my permaban. I maintain that to this day.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

aReasonableMan fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 27, 2020

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Then you should read Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain: Bitcoin, Blockchain, Ethereum & Smart Contracts. It might shift your entire worldview!
https://www.amazon.com/Attack-50-Foot-Blockchain-Contracts-ebook/dp/B073CPP581

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

orange juche posted:

I can't understand it if the time axis isn't logarithmic
lmao

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

aReasonableMan posted:

Yeah, that was pretty bad, no question about it. It was also a long time ago, and it was a post informed by the recency effect of having read a book called Sex at Dawn that shifted my entire worldview.

That said, was it perma worthy? I wasn't perma'd for it, and you have people literally doxxing other posters without getting perma'd. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3947105&pagenumber=49&perpage=40#post510184371.

It has always seemed to me like I never got fair treatment in terms of my permaban. I maintain that to this day.

:byewhore:

Seraph84 posted:

Could you please define"minors" for me - is there a specific age, fellow denizen of the world wide web?

I hope Endevour is the next concept sale, I am itching for my next ship fix.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

aReasonableMan posted:

I don't mean to give you ideas but if you made another account and didn't act like an idiot people probably wouldn't even notice

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

aReasonableMan posted:

I mean, if thin skinned admins here can permaban hundreds of people for no reason then you can definitely be permabanned for trying to "um actually" the age of consent by arguing that infants are fertile.

I know you came here from Star Citizen, which is why you are such a crazy person, but if you claim to understand this forum you'd realize you are permabanned for a reason would stop these giant embarrassing meltdowns

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica

xtal posted:

I don't mean to give you ideas but if you made another account and didn't act like an idiot people probably wouldn't even notice
Tried that, even used a VPN, new email, etc. I had no problems for awhile, and generally got along fine. Eventually, the admins figured out it was me, probably based on posting style / backend user metrics / etc.

I would love to leave the Seraph persona behind and just be part of this community anonymously, but it seems my only viable option is to appeal to the admin team's sense of justice and/or reason.

aReasonableMan fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 27, 2020

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

aReasonableMan posted:

Tried that, even used a VPN, new email, etc. I had no problems for awhile, and generally got along fine. Eventually, the admins figured out it was me, probably based on posting style / backend user metrics / etc.

And then you dared an admin to look up your IP after having writing a novel in QCS that getting probed for a week in gbs for letting the mask slip was utter bullshit :dings:

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica
Wrong account, I didn't even have a VPN for that one and had used the same email I always do. I'm talking about CumAllYeFaithful. Also Burt Sexual sucks and that week probe was a bad and biased call.

I mean, if thin skinned admins here can permaban hundreds of people for no reason then you can definitely be permabanned for trying to "um actually" the age of consent by arguing that infants are fertile.
So you acknowledge that authority is flawed and sometimes makes poor/unfair decisions, but think examples of said unfair bans are somehow justification for what I argue is an unfair permaban? Not a strong argument, tbh.

aReasonableMan fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 27, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nessus posted:

What blows my mind with these weirdos is not so much that they want to say "I'm right, you're wrong." That would be stupid but it is understandable. Instead there is this strange but seemingly universal narrative of, "if only you hadn't talked poo poo, perhaps you too could have become rich... but you missed your chance, and now you are upset..." It's like they have to mock up this diorama of theoretical emotional reactions of internet strangers to get off.

Reminds me of people in MLM scams who are often trained to construct narratives about why people try to talk them out of it, usually along those similar lines about how they're actually jealous, sour grapes, too afraid of success, etc

In general any narrative that goes 'They actually know we're right and they're wrong, and that makes them so mad' is laffo and a sign of someone who's on track to a helluva implosion

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
vpn doesn't help if you use the same credit card every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica

ymgve posted:

vpn doesn't help if you use the same credit card every time
Not even Jeffrey can see credit card info, per Jeffrey himself in QCS awhile back. It's handled by a third-party processor, not by Something Awful. On this matter I take him at his word.