Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
texas is america writ small. points of light and costco surrounded by rural darkness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They got peppermint bark stocked yet? Got it for the first time last year and mourned when it went away.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Eltoasto posted:

peppermint bark

i said 'GAHHHH' out loud when these words hit my braincells. stuff is crack.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Bum the Sad posted:

Oh God a valley person. Stay out of 210!

Seriously though, the Valley life path is either 210 or 512 if you don't leave the 956. Let me know when y'all figure out proper tacos. You're almost there

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it

KakerMix posted:

A bidet is like infinite, renewable wipes, with no added waste. If we're in a mafia then wipe users are the lackies.

I actually want one but haven't been able to convince myself to pull the trigger since I live in an apartment. I yearn for the soothing embrace of a pre-warmed seat and a tiny mechanical water spout with a remote control.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

caedwalla posted:

I actually want one but haven't been able to convince myself to pull the trigger since I live in an apartment. I yearn for the soothing embrace of a pre-warmed seat and a tiny mechanical water spout with a remote control.

I'm waiting for one that is homekit enabled so I can tell siri to prepare my throne and it warms it up and starts displaying LED patterns like it's a helicopter landing pad

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

caedwalla posted:

I have a bidet in my Amazon shopping cart to order when I get back home to my apartment next week. The hookup to the water line looks easy enough and doesn't harm anything. I thought long and hard about getting one that does warm water but I'd have to drill a hole in the cabinet beneath the sink and it'd look pretty ugly. I might look harder for one with a battery-powered heated seat but I'll honestly just be happy to have a bidet again.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

I have a bidet in my Amazon shopping cart to order when I get back home to my apartment next week. The hookup to the water line looks easy enough and doesn't harm anything. I thought long and hard about getting one that does warm water but I'd have to drill a hole in the cabinet beneath the sink and it'd look pretty ugly. I might look harder for one with a battery-powered heated seat but I'll honestly just be happy to have a bidet again.

Most warm water ones will heat their own reservoir of water or run it through a heat exchanger (the latter are more in the $600 range)

I moved into a new house so right now mine is plugged into an outlet across the bathroom with a big ol' extension cord. Worth it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
More Amazon shopping for me then :v:

I don't know if I'll find any of that fancy stuff for <$75, which is already more than I want to spend but I'll go that high for sexycool features.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Just a basic cold bidet is lightyears ahead of TP wiping as far as that sparkling clean b hole feeling goes.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

I got a cheapie as an experiment. I really thought I'd have an opinion about the lack of warm water on my b-hole.... but to be honest, it isn't a problem. It isn't SHOCKINGLY cold or anything. You're using the water that's already been room temperature in the last several feet of plumbing. It's really fine. I love it but I don't think I'll upgrade it.

I feel barbaric now when I use a non-bidet toilet, using handfuls of paper like some kind of caveman.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I feel like it's not worth getting an unpowered bidet that has a hot water line. Because the hot water is going to be cold for the hundred feet or so of pipe between the toilet and the hot water heater you're going to have to run it for a while before you get any hot or warm water coming out. You'll also want to mark on the knobs where it should be to be a comfortable temperature since if you make it too hot you're just blasting uncomfortably or dangerously hot water right into your butthole.

I personally have one that has both the hot and cold water lines into it and I basically never use the hot water. It's just not worth the trouble.

Now, a powered bidet that can heat its own water to the perfect temperature would probably be worth it. But I don't have a outlet near the toilet that could do that.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Looks like Costco is getting into the grow lamp business, even having a discount for Black Friday:

https://www.costco.com/ge-40w-24%22-led-grow-light-fixture-for-indoor-plants%2c-balanced-full-spectrum.product.100529904.html

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

binge crotching posted:

Looks like Costco is getting into the grow lamp business, even having a discount for Black Friday:

https://www.costco.com/ge-40w-24%22-led-grow-light-fixture-for-indoor-plants%2c-balanced-full-spectrum.product.100529904.html

Many years ago I had a visit from a friendly police officer who wanted to take a look at the big tomato plant I had in my kitchen, in front of the window, with the grow lamp. He must have been REALLY interested in the growing of indoor winter tomatoes. I love sharing my hobbies!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

priznat posted:

I searched for those coated cookies but we don’t have em here I guess. Extremely sad. :sigh:

I found them in the middle of the holiday chocolate display and not near the usual cookie stuff. On a related note, I have yet to find the peanut butter cup mix nor the s'mores things

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco is open today. If you dare. :twisted:

e: looking at the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX speakers. $50bux off right now.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 27, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Drove by my costco and saw that it was actually kinda quiet, so I quickly picked up.another case of those vold brew cans. And a dog.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's totally dead here. People are probably at the places actually having sales

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

pnumoman posted:

I found them in the middle of the holiday chocolate display and not near the usual cookie stuff. On a related note, I have yet to find the peanut butter cup mix nor the s'mores things

Yeah I searched there too where the shortbread tins are etc and no dice. Must be regional. Oh well probably for the best (of my health)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Costco is open today. If you dare. :twisted:

gently caress no.

edit:

Gaius Marius posted:

It's totally dead here. People are probably at the places actually having sales

Is Costco not doing much for black friday?

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Just got back from Costco. It wasn't as bad as a normal day. No lines or anything outside. Also, $8 off the $12 packs of pork loins is insane.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
is The Ham on sale yet? $100 is pretty steep for a novelty but I could probably be persuaded at $50

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I like to get a bonus turkey sometimes at costco after thanksgiving because theyre like 5 bucks

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Is Costco not doing much for black friday?

They usually don’t.

Most of what they have on sale has been for a week as well.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's actually good that they aren't jumping on the craziness bandwagon.

I would expect nothing less from Costco.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Eltoasto posted:

They got peppermint bark stocked yet? Got it for the first time last year and mourned when it went away.

Dunno, but they have these Haagen Dazs peppermint bark ice cream bars that are amazing, and they're already discounted so they're less than 1$/pc. Highly recommend.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

priznat posted:

Yeah I searched there too where the shortbread tins are etc and no dice. Must be regional. Oh well probably for the best (of my health)

Ah. Yeah on the health front, they are addicting

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Nitrousoxide posted:

You'll also want to mark on the knobs where it should be to be a comfortable temperature since if you make it too hot you're just blasting uncomfortably or dangerously hot water right into your butthole.

Nah that is the point.

A new Costco opened up in my town, I may try and go there to browse and see if there is anything different or new. It has a gas station that I will stay away from on weekends.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Trip report: it had the exactly same stuff as the old one across town. I bought a new blanket for my couch.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

new cost co same as the old cost co

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i moved and the new stco has those grillos pickles

pretty good!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Went to the co today 30 minutes after opening and they were almost out of TP. I just want to wipe my rear end, why does it have to be so hard.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Jesus God I just bought 14 pounds of prime beef top round for $7.39/pound after discount. Plus the pork loin.

I love you so much Costco.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The rack of pork is here again, get one.

Are the Christmas trees here yet?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Pershing posted:

Jesus God I just bought 14 pounds of prime beef top round for $7.39/pound after discount. Plus the pork loin.

I love you so much Costco.

Yes! I just came here to post about this. Whole pork loin is $8 off per pkg (so a typical one is $4) and whole ny prime loin is $25 off. I think that sale ends on the 30th.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Olanphonia posted:

Yes! I just came here to post about this. Whole pork loin is $8 off per pkg (so a typical one is $4) and whole ny prime loin is $25 off. I think that sale ends on the 30th.

It's the first time I've ever doorbusted Costco. Showed up bright and early, just in the time I was grabbing other stuff half that beef disappeared!

Later on me and Mrs. Pershing will break out the vacuum sealer and the good carving knife and go to town.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pershing posted:

It's the first time I've ever doorbusted Costco. Showed up bright and early, just in the time I was grabbing other stuff half that beef disappeared!

Later on me and Mrs. Pershing will break out the vacuum sealer and the good carving knife and go to town.

But on the bright side Mrs. Pershing is planning on sending a lot of what she'll be calling "Pershing Jerky" to friends and family this year?

:ohdear:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Whooping Crabs posted:

I just want to wipe my rear end, why does it have to be so hard.

May I recommend some more fiber?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Costco in Detroit has some decent liquor optios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

The rack of pork is here again, get one.

Are the Christmas trees here yet?

Costco doesn't sell trees here in Oregon, probably because it's hard to offer a better deal than you can get on almost any street corner.

When I was a kid on the east coast, IKEA came to town and they started offering ridiculously cheap trees AND would take them back for recycling AND would give you like a $10 IKEA coupon. It wasn't enough to tempt my family, but then again I only knew one family whose tree didn't live in a box in the garage.