Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

[/quote]

I didn't think democracy required virgin sacrifice, but sure. This guy can go right ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Sometimes faces must be dunked in the toilet.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I'm assuming that line, if it was said by anyone at all, wasn't actually said by that conservative wonk whose name is completely forgettable.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Dick Burglar posted:

I'm assuming that line, if it was said by anyone at all, wasn't actually said by that conservative wonk whose name is completely forgettable.

Pinochet

Presumably he was either riffing on or half-remembering Jefferson’s “The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

AlbieQuirky posted:

Pinochet

Presumably he was either riffing on or half-remembering Jefferson’s “The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

Right, but I'm saying that Mr. Bowtie did not actually quote Pinochet. Somebody else took a picture of him and overlaid that text to mock him.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

You think somebody would do that? I expected better from the internet.

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'

This is a bit awkward. Too early to be promoting indoor sports at this stage in the pandemic.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

I didn't think democracy required virgin sacrifice, but sure. This guy can go right ahead.
[/quote]

Guy looks like a human embodiment of a cramp that both aches AND stings all the way down.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I still think it's will menaker in deep cover.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

He reminds me of Toby Jones’s character in the first two Captain America films. Hopefully he’s not as impactful.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

CredulousAtBest posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkGiFpJC9LM

loving HELL

creeps me out so hard. the possibility of a mind to just break or be born broken

gently caress me its awful

HOLY gently caress

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=febnpRsBCcI

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Anime is like radioactive soil. Nothing good or healthy will ever grow from it. It was a mistake.

In other words: well done, it's terrible.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
nyanners is highly irony poisoned and im creeped out by her, but my friend will defend her to the death because something about nyanners speaks to her on a fundamental level

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

nyanners is highly irony poisoned and im creeped out by her, but my friend will defend her to the death because something about nyanners speaks to her on a fundamental level

:sever:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

https://acotterized.medium.com/is-the-soft-white-underbelly-exploiting-people-on-the-fringes-of-society-bd6a9337cfe0

Regarding the Whitaker video and whether the videographer’s best of intentions is healthy or safe for the subjects.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I'm guessing they're irony poisoned the same way as the fuckos in /pol/ are now ""ironic"" nazis? Can you explain? I am curious as I've heard the name (nyanners) elsewhere but I cannot stand actually observing the actual content.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Grei Skuring posted:

I'm guessing they're irony poisoned the same way as the fuckos in /pol/ are now ""ironic"" nazis? Can you explain? I am curious as I've heard the name (nyanners) elsewhere but I cannot stand actually observing the actual content.

It's second-hand irony poisoning, like with many other online personalities. When your chat spams n-word and swastikas made of emotes 24/7, you get a doze of 4chan without ever going there, and start to think it normal. It's all about simps, feet, cucks, daddies/mommies, and other memes, when it's not edgy jokes about Hitler.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Grei Skuring posted:

i mean its kind of the same phenomenon yes, but its more a description of having your sense of humor progressively warped though the rapid-fire mutation inherent to the internet

e: ^^^ Yeah, this but tankie/cspam

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

So, stupid question, but is the voice of this character a real person or is it computer-generated? It sounds way too human to be a computer, but I also don't want to believe that's a real person behind the avatar. Especially since she also apparently read/told a story that involved child rape, according to a comment on some dumb fuckin wiki about these characters.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Dick Burglar posted:

So, stupid question, but is the voice of this character a real person or is it computer-generated? It sounds way too human to be a computer, but I also don't want to believe that's a real person behind the avatar. Especially since she also apparently read/told a story that involved child rape, according to a comment on some dumb fuckin wiki about these characters.
She’s a human streamer, just hooked up to some software to have an anime character moving about tracking her movements via webcam.

I don’t watch a lot of streamers but Nyanners always seemed entirely harmless to me? A bunch of piss and cum jokes but I don’t think I’ve ever seen or heard of anything hateful. I think she was heavy into 4chan in the early days and made some meme videos which she got embarrassed about when she got older and deleted.

That being said, I just see highlight clips on YouTube sometimes so gently caress knows what unpleasantries what I’m missing.

Question Mark Mound has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Nov 27, 2020

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

https://acotterized.medium.com/is-the-soft-white-underbelly-exploiting-people-on-the-fringes-of-society-bd6a9337cfe0

Regarding the Whitaker video and whether the videographer’s best of intentions is healthy or safe for the subjects.

Got about halfway through this article, the author seems super convinced their reading of body language is incredibly valid and makes a bunch of assumptions off that.

Theres some valid points in there but I think video guy is doing good work by exposing these stories, there are many comfortable people out there that have no idea how bad peoples experiences and childhoods are, they seem to think people and either "good" or "bad" without every considering what they may have gone through.

I think the handwringing in this article does nothing to help anyone and video guy demonstrably has helped a bunch of people.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I agree with the article that the dude asking about whether their parents were related and what caused the family's disorders was really hosed, but yeah they're also definitely reaching with some of their arguments.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Is he drawing attention to marginalized people and allowing them to share, or is he monetizing their struggle for clicks? Why not both? No ethical documentarying under capitalism...

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I think this is me just being sheltered, but this video was the first time I realized how the word "uwu" is supposed to be pronounced.

It is horrible, upsetting and deeply wrong. I do not like it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Armor from a guy hit by a cannonball

https://i.imgur.com/Fd8ROL5.mp4

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Hope he's ok

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Good thing he had the vest.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
OMG!!! Prayers!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Ever after, he was known as " One Tit Juan"
j/k, he was killed

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I think this is me just being sheltered, but this video was the first time I realized how the word "uwu" is supposed to be pronounced.

It is horrible, upsetting and deeply wrong. I do not like it.

Well, technically it's not supposed to be pronounced, it's supposed to symbolize a face, but people keep learning how to make things even more terrible lol

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I don't think it counts as irony poisoning if you just like making jokes about saying "pee pee doo doo" and talking about milfs or stealing the viewers wives, or getting grand slammed in the Dennys parking lot.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

help me i don't know how to link a tiktok

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
the terfs are rapping again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?jBo2q96RuOI

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

They pulled it

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Inceltown posted:

They pulled it

My morbid curiosity has been stymied 😐

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

I was initially like, 'Who cares if she likes an overweight dude, jfc let these people live', then I scrolled down and literally screamed.