Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
Ricochet is only good at drawing scabs and scabies. Nobody cares about that turd and he's gonna die in WWE doing rest holds from here unto eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

TheKingslayer posted:

Ricochet seems like an incredible slam dunk to draw in kids of a certain age. He doesn't have to cut cool promos, he just has to look cool, and do badass spots.

He's like a friendly Neville. A friendly Neville who can't cut promos.

Guys, they had Neville at one point, and did the exact same poo poo with him, only Neville wouldn't have any of it.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

why is jeff hardy on the d-show :cripes:

You're right, he should be on the ABV-Show

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/cezar-bononi-says-wwe-wouldn-t-help-him-green-card-was-making-600-week-nxt

quote:

Cezar Bononi was signed by WWE in October 2015, causing a major shift in his life as a Brazilian living in Orlando. Bononi had to adapt to the new lifestyle and surroundings, and wasn't exactly making enough money on his WWE developmental deal to live the life he had in Brazil.

"It was hard to adapt, really hard to adapt. It was just me and my wife, nobody close. Everybody told us, 'Don't get close to Brazilians, they're going to scam you,' and we believed that, even though we didn't need to work with Brazilians, so there was no way we could get scammed. We believed it. That was a mistake we did because we were feeling alone and did not have money to do anything. It took me two and a half years to go to an amusement park, living in Orlando because money was so short. it took a long time for them to help me out a little bit. 'Hey, here's a raise.' It took me almost two years. I was getting $600 (a week) for like six months and when I finally got paid off, it felt like a raise because I was getting $750. 'Oh good, I can buy a TV, but I cannot get cable.' It was hard at the beginning, but it helped build my character even more," he said.

Though Bononi was named "Future Star of NXT" at the 2017 NXT Year-End Awards, he never became a featured player on television and was released this past April. It put Bononi at a crossroads because his release nearly cost him his life in America.

"I have 30 days to decide if I go back to Brazil or if I try to apply for a different Visa to stay. I don't want to go back to Brazil. I'm asking God, 'what do I do?' I got the message, 'knock on doors.' The door that opens, you get in. I called my attorney about different possibilities to see what we were going to do. I had talked to WWE before about applying for a green card and they never wanted to help me out with that, they said my casework was not strong enough and that it was better for me to stay on a P1 Visa, which meant my wife could not work anyplace and I could only work for WWE. If they fire me, I have to go back to Brazil. There was interest for them to have me on that instead of a green card. I called this attorney and he gave me two options; get a B2 Visa, which is for 'exceptional abilities,' which applied [to me] because of sports and arts or I could apply for a Student Visa, then I would have to study English and stay and work part-time. Of course, I didn't want that. I went for the B2, but there is one problem; the B2 is closed so we couldn't apply for it and we don't know when it's going to open. I'm waiting two or three days, I wake up, see an e-mail from my attorney and the B2 is open," he said on Dan Matha's Spark in the Dark.

Bononi went on to say that his wife told him she was pregnant the same day he got the news regarding the B2 Visa.

Didn’t know anybody was living the EVOLVE life in NXT.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Rarity posted:

Main roster and NXT have already hit their quota

The crazy thing is so hasn't AEW so this poo poo isn't even working. If they really wanted to hurt AEW they'd let these guys go and watch Big Biceps Tony overspend his company into the red.
(I mean I'm with Tony in that I want half of wrestling to be All Elite but still there are practical concerns).

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

They were paying him $600 loving dollars a week?!?!

Burn this loving shithole abusive company to the ground.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bet they refused to help with the green card cause it kept him more reliant on the company as well

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rarity posted:

Bet they refused to help with the green card cause it kept him more reliant on the company as well

It’s this.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's like those stories of people who come to the US but end up in really abusive jobs at like a nail salon except you know, it's a company worth billions and with TV contacts.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

He actually says this, and it's no different than Vince urging his guys to buy houses so they're locked into having to make payments and committing to staying local.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
NXT UK probably had the best WWE match all year.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

is pepsi ok posted:

They were paying him $600 loving dollars a week?!?!

Burn this loving shithole abusive company to the ground.

Complete loving scumbags (And yeah, the visa stuff was absolutely to keep him reliant on them)

Any time I've seen him in AEW on Dark, I've felt like Cezar has *something* going for him but I can't pinpoint it. Either way, I hope he does well and that he and his family are doing better now.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

KungFu Grip posted:

NXT UK probably had the best WWE match all year.

The second best match of the year was in January or February, because someone could’ve watched it live.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sami zayn has started a new crowdfunding campaign to open a mobile clinic for wwe performance center workers

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ozymandius1024 posted:

Complete loving scumbags (And yeah, the visa stuff was absolutely to keep him reliant on them)

Any time I've seen him in AEW on Dark, I've felt like Cezar has *something* going for him but I can't pinpoint it. Either way, I hope he does well and that he and his family are doing better now.

He's got presence. Used right he could be a real asset for someone (I'm very fond of AEW hiring more Oafs, I also think he'd do well in Japan)

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

Wasn't there the story about the Florida realtor that they get all the developmental people to use so they end tied to a giant mortgage in Florida?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
its friday im ready for the head of the gable ah yessir

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Wwe pays 500$ per appearance, so an extra hundo to train at the performance center all week

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Cavauro posted:

sami zayn has started a new crowdfunding campaign to open a mobile clinic for wwe performance center workers

all those skills he picked up running an orphanage coming in useful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I feel like WWE is forever only a week away from declaring the wrestlers will only get paid in company scrip.... and the wrestlers all rolling over and taking it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

You work 16 matches and whadaya get?
A three minute loss airing on Main Event
You tear up your contract and head to the street
But Vince has you in a five year no-compete

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I feel like WWE is forever only a week away from declaring the wrestlers will only get paid in company scrip.... and the wrestlers all rolling over and taking it.

only 125 WWE funbux buys you a cornhole board with Triple H's face on it. if you get enough positive customer comments to get 1000 funbux, you can buy a two person karaoke system!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The passion for wrestling you get working for Sports Entertainment U

https://twitter.com/AustinCreedWins/status/1332455441566208004?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

its friday im ready for the head of the gable ah yessir

Also this is an extremely cursed image.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ICR posted:

I forgot, was the Greatest Match of All Time this year? I heard it was pretty OK.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

ICR posted:

Has anyone replied "Nothing at the company you work for"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wezlar posted:

Has anyone replied "Nothing at the company you work for"

No because they’d be wrong !!!

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Lamuella posted:

Lmbo

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The next frontier has to be taking the value of each meal at catering out of their downside

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Good poo poo.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Ricochet’s ceiling is basically Saturday Morning Slam

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sigma posted:

This reminds me of a quip from the discord

Perfect summary

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Reality Protester posted:

Wwe pays 500$ per appearance, so an extra hundo to train at the performance center all week

all while having to pay a bunch of expenses that would have to be paid by your employer if you were an actual employee. has anyone ever detailed the expenses that wwe employees have to incur to do their jobs (travel, outfits, et)?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sigma posted:

Nah Saturday Morning Slam was actually fun so he would’ve had no reason to be there.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

cauliflower jones posted:

all while having to pay a bunch of expenses that would have to be paid by your employer if you were an actual employee. has anyone ever detailed the expenses that wwe employees have to incur to do their jobs (travel, outfits, et)?

Imagine all the upkeep costs for the women with hair and makeup and tanning

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bayleyfoxinterview.mov

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Bayleyfoxinterview.mov

Seriously. The interviewer's horror at learning what the wrestlers have to pay for and arrange themselves, and her reaction to Bayley going,"Well they can't pay for ALL of us!" with,"YES THEY CAN!" and offering to get her in touch with a Union Rep. It was incredible.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

He's like a friendly Neville. A friendly Neville who can't cut promos.

Guys, they had Neville at one point, and did the exact same poo poo with him, only Neville wouldn't have any of it.

They even gave Ricochet a cape like Neville had in his early main roster run. Remember when they said they already had one flippy guy and didn't hire Ricochet? Now they're just sliding him into the old guy's bad gimmick.

poo poo... they even had Ricochet calling himself a super hero sort of like how they wanted Neville to be Mighty Mouse. Jeeeesus.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown Results 11/27:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Jey Uso opened the show to talk about Roman beating Drew McIntyre at Survivor Series. Roman Reigns interrupted to complain that he didn't ask for Jey's help at Survivor Series, and told him to go home.
  • Otis was coming to the ring for a match against Baron Corbin when Jey Uso assaulted him with a chair and just went ham on him with it.
  • Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode called out Smackdown Tag Team Champions The Street Profits.
  • Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode defeated The Street Profits in a non-title match.
  • Rey Mysterio, his large adult family and Buddy Murphy were interviewed backstage. Baron Corbin came and talked poo poo to them.
  • A video recap of the Undertaker's career aired.
  • Sami Zayn complained about having to defend his Intercontinental Title the day after a National Holiday that also overlooks the massacre of the Native American population. Preach Sami.
  • Sami Zayn (C) defeated Daniel Bryan by count-out to retain the Intercontinental Title after running Bryan backstage then racing back to the ring to beat the 10-Count.
  • Backstage, Bryan's failure to get back was explained by the fact he was getting his rear end beat by Jey Uso. Kevin Owens chased him off.
  • Jey was telling Roman backstage that he was doing as Roman instructed and getting the Smackdown roster to fear them. Kevin Owens showed up and talked poo poo to Roman, and Roman told Jey to "fix" the issue of Owens not being scared of Roman.
  • Bianca Belair defeated Nattie Neidhart in a singles match. Bayley was on guest commentary and got accidentally punched by Bianca and knocked out of the ring when she tried to interfere. Postmatch, Bayley turned to Michael Cole and yelled,"DID YOU PLAN THIS!?!"
  • Murphy defeated Baron Corbin in a singles match after the face Murphy was helped by the face Mysterios to valiantly cheat to defeat the heel Corbin. The heel Corbin cut a promo cowardly declaring that he wanted a one-on-one match and promising he'd be prepared for the heroic interference by the brave faces next week.
  • Apollo Crews and BIG E were hanging out back together rather than BIG E getting a singles push. Sami Zayn showed up talking poo poo about beating Daniel Bryan in 10 seconds, so BIG E shook his hand, crushing it for 10 seconds.
  • Billie Kay wheeled in on a chair to give her resume her Corey Graves and Michael Cole, talking up her "extensive background in talking".
  • Carmella did an interview backstage talking poo poo to Smackdown Women's Champion Sasha Banks. Sasha used Carmella's inability to see past the invisible barrier of the camera frame to walk right up to her and toss a glass of champagne in her face.
  • Kevin Owens defeated Jey Uso by disqualification when Jey assaulted him with a chair. Owens managed to hit Jey with a Stunner to avoid further damage, then assaulted Jey with a chair of his own while screaming down the camera to Roman watching backstage.
  • Owens continued to call out Roman as the show ended, literally sitting at the head of a table and reminding him that he talked a big game re: his family but was nowhere to be seen when one was being assaulted. Roman was fuming backstage but made no move to confront Owens.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode called out Smackdown Tag Team Champions The Street Profits.
Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode defeated The Street Profits in a non-title match.

loving lol