Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

all the newer episodes of primal are on adult swim dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Roosevelt posted:

the third one was pretty dumb. towards the end, while trying to save gotham from anarchy, mr. batman found time all by himself to set up a giant pyrotechnic bat signal display on the side of a skyscraper

this was less insane to me than him getting out of the prison and back to Gotham with no money or ID only to find all his gear completely unmolested. like, why wouldn't Bane or Talia go wreck up his poo poo, or better yet use it for their own purposes

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Roosevelt posted:

the third one was pretty dumb. towards the end, while trying to save gotham from anarchy, mr. batman found time all by himself to set up a giant pyrotechnic bat signal display on the side of a skyscraper

he probably used some secret waynetech pocket flamethrower meant for signaling CIA agents in south vietnam. it was left in applied sciences because it has a tendency to burn whole villages down

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Roosevelt posted:

all the newer episodes of primal are on adult swim dot com
:tipshat:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
finally got around to watching the deadwood movie. fanservicey as they come, sure. dialogue’s as shakespearean/overwrought as ever but drat. what a great show it was.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

in other media news, theatre-destroyer TENET has leaked through a crack in a wall and is now on """Early Release"""

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what does that mean

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you want to watch tenet on pir8 you can get the actual film now instead of a lovely cam rip

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh ok I thought it was like a new Disney Plus tier or something

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

My favorite part of batman begins is the scene where Alfred explains to Bruce that his great grandfather was part of the underground railroad and rescued slaves. Like a rich person wouldn't own slaves, and be the first person to turn them in.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well presumably Gotham is mid Atlantic so while the I doubt the logistics would work out the guy probably didn't own slaves

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
travis touchdown is way better than deadpool and there should be a no more heroes anime

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
put travis touchdown in the next mortal kombat game

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if nintendo smash brothers can have the solid snake, mortal kombat should get travis touchdown

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

if nintendo smash brothers can have the solid snake, mortal kombat should get travis touchdown

no, mortal kombat gets rambo, the terminator, robocop, and other stupid publicity stunts

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

no, mortal kombat gets rambo, the terminator, robocop, and other stupid publicity stunts

yeah travis would be perfect

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i like comic books like any middle-aged manchild but tbqh i'm pretty sick of superhero movies (yes i know there are non-superhero comics and poo poo save your bits)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

if mortal kombat wanted to get serious with its dumb character inserts, they would do jackie chan and he could do insane combo reversals and could like kick chairs at the other player's shins and throw boiling water in their face

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
travis touchdown in mortal kombat 2025 sign my petion.org

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

indigi posted:

well presumably Gotham is mid Atlantic so while the I doubt the logistics would work out the guy probably didn't own slaves

poo poo, maryland was a slave state, and hamilton’s wife’s family owned slaves (not in ny obvs)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

indigi posted:

gotham city is canonically in new jersey.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

indigi posted:

the third one is an absolute mess as a story but worth watching imo just for Hardy’s performance as Bane, the first action set piece (which you’ve probably already seen), and Tom Lennon as Bruce Wayne’s doctor

did u kno that bane was supposed to be occupy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
tamsyn muir really packed a lot of teen slang into a 10,000 year old society huh

also lol

quote:

Silas took an infuriatingly long drink of water. The pallid column of his throat moved. “They died on the way back to their home planet,” he said, wiping his mouth. “Their shuttle exploded. Curious,

quote:

“Oh, nonsense!” said Harrow languorously. “She’s a genius. With the proper motivation, Griddle could wield two swords in each hand and one in her mouth. While we were developing common sense, she studied the blade. Am I right, Griddle?”

dialogue also includes multiple uses of "that's what she said" and there were some other ones i forget that were jarring as well, don't think i'll be going back for harrow the ninth

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

did u kno that bane was supposed to be occupy

in retrospect it was not a good sign when they tried to shoot b-roll at actual ows

they gave up after the call leaked

not b-roll but actual bane/batman fight lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tamsyn muir really packed a lot of teen slang into a 10,000 year old society huh

also lol

dialogue also includes multiple uses of "that's what she said" and there were some other ones i forget that were jarring as well, don't think i'll be going back for harrow the ninth

this reads like ready prequel one

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Agile Vector posted:

this reads like ready prequel one

lol i should not have googled "references" for these books

apparently this legit from the sequel

quote:

“It is a drawing of the letter S,” said the deep, solemn voice from over her shoulder, and she realized she had stopped midstride. “The letter in question is constructed from six short marks stacked vertically three by three. There are two triangles on the top and bottom, which, along with some diagonal strokes, form a calligraphic S.”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yes, it’s legit. also at the emotional climax of the whole thing somebody drops a “hi _________, I’m dad”

I liked them anyway but yeah tone it down

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Moore, Ennis, Gaiman, and co were the best and worst thing to happen to comics in the 90s.

The Sandman is the only comic I've managed to read more than a couple of pages of. I actually enjoyed the art and the weird comic book dialogue wasn't quite as off-putting as normal

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I still don't understand how they select words to bold in comics though

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

indigi posted:

might have been illegal where he lived but that doesn't mean anything

Wayne senior, like all rich people past and present, definitely held stocks in slave ventures.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I enjoyed the Ninth books because they were so ridiculously online, it was a new thing in my book-reading experience. Wish the author had replied to this though; they are not much of a regular Twitter user:

https://twitter.com/nonemorenegativ/status/1292452571836284930

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Cas Anvar got dumped from season 6 of The Expanse.

a friend looks exactly like him which is a bit unfortunate

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

indigi posted:

oh ok I thought it was like a new Disney Plus tier or something

T3n3T - R1pp3d by M1ck3y xvid high qual

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

indigi posted:

rich mid atlantic people still own slaves now

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I haven't watched many MCU movies (Howard The Duck and the Dr. Magic one plus the one where Spiderman is a jerk and dances and the 1 or 2 Spidersman before that) but goddamn is the CGI sterile.

Like, watch Clockwork Orange: when Alex is kicking the bum you loving feel the ribs cracking. But none of the action feels real in any of the movies BVMW watches because it's not only obviously false but that this falseness is actively used by the director transparently.

Like it's some sort of horrible twisting of the verfremdungseffekt where it's instead being used to exculpate the viewer from the moral responsibility of the violence they watch?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Borat Voice My Verfremdungseffekt

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

It's because they want a pg rating. You can't have Tony stark detonating goons heads and captain America shattering the jaw of people with one punch like you should.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

It's because they want a pg rating. You can't have Tony stark detonating goons heads and captain America shattering the jaw of people with one punch like you should.

I thought PG-13* was an abomination but it turns out the real problem was capitalism?

*: PG-13 is, however, a loving abomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

I thought PG-13* was an abomination but it turns out the real problem was capitalism?

*: PG-13 is, however, a loving abomination.

yeah maybe pg is the wrong description for the US. In the UK pg is basically anything under the age of 12 if the parent is happy with it. Like I think you can say poo poo once and imply sex or something. James bond was always a pg I think.

I think the fifth element was a pg on release as well which was a bit lol because that had boobs in it