Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

bees x1000 posted:

I'm here to say 13 Sentinels is really really freakin' good so far, like top 10 game I've ever played good, and y'all should buy it while it's on sale.

I love the Japanese visual novel-like games with bizarre or unique scifi stories (zero escape series, ai the somnium files, stein;s gate, dangan ronpa) and 13 sentinels is among them for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Where can I see when games are leaving ps now? I feel like I saw that hitman is leaving but now I can’t find when.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

SubponticatePoster posted:

Mountain. It's not too late for me to do it tonight if you want, otherwise just let me know when during the weekend.

Okay, I'm PST, maybe sometime later tonight? I think we're already psn friends from the veegy stream but I can't be sure.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

the ailing loran dungeon is loving me up bad. i cant wait to get my poo poo fully torn up by depth 5 later on.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
A year ago or so Japanese PS4s (all PS4s?) were updated to allow switching X to accept and circle to cancel. Since the PS5 is like that anyway I decided to give that mode a try. I’ve used Xbox controllers for a long time too so it shouldn’t be too weird...right?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want to play Control right now, but as soon as I start playing, my fan starts up at maximum and i can barely hear the game, or anything else as it sounds like a power drill. The thing is, the ps4 isn't hot, it isn't blowing hot air out the back, like my PC does, its just as soon as I start the game its 0-60 time. I've looked around and i've cleaned all my vents, but the only solution seems to crack it open and replace the thermal paste, but that seems to be pretty extreme to me.

I had a similar problem with HZD but only during fights. If i was just running across the desert picking flowers it was at its normal level, but this is straight from loading. If I pause the game it gets quiet but as soon as i unpause, zoom!

Yakuza 0 gave me no issues though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

twistedmentat posted:

I want to play Control right now, but as soon as I start playing, my fan starts up at maximum and i can barely hear the game, or anything else as it sounds like a power drill. The thing is, the ps4 isn't hot, it isn't blowing hot air out the back, like my PC does, its just as soon as I start the game its 0-60 time. I've looked around and i've cleaned all my vents, but the only solution seems to crack it open and replace the thermal paste, but that seems to be pretty extreme to me.

I had a similar problem with HZD but only during fights. If i was just running across the desert picking flowers it was at its normal level, but this is straight from loading. If I pause the game it gets quiet but as soon as i unpause, zoom!

Well yeah, Control is one of the most graphically demanding games on the PS4, and Y0 is a port of a PS3 game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

twistedmentat posted:

I want to play Control right now, but as soon as I start playing, my fan starts up at maximum and i can barely hear the game, or anything else as it sounds like a power drill.

This was the case for me. I solved it by using headphones lol

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Me too. Basically all AAA games.

Not Sakuna though! I’ve been playing just that all week. Such a nice game. I’ve confirmed that at least it follows the system switch of X and O.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well yeah, Control is one of the most graphically demanding games on the PS4, and Y0 is a port of a PS3 game.

I could believe that if it was during combat or big sequences, but its doing it even when i'm standing around in an empty room.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I might end up doing that. I have a pair of old computer speakers hooked up to my tv because its internal speakers are garbage. They have a headphone jack built into it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

twistedmentat posted:

I could believe that if it was during combat or big sequences, but its doing it even when i'm standing around in an empty room.
I think that most of the graphical load is coming from the subtle lighting and reflection stuff, rather than anything related to combat.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

more bloodborne videos nobody asked for!

blood starved beast was easily my least favorite and most challenging boss in the main game, maybe darkbeast caarl comes close but i was able to gently caress off for a long time and come back and whomp on him later. BSB was "essential" (as far as i knew at that point into the game) and i was only ever able to beat it bc it glitched out and never spawned its poison phase, plus i think it ran into a wall a bunch.

but chalice blood starved beast? god drat it. here's my, like, 7th attempt where i got it down to maybe one or two hits left but got panicy and hosed up right as i could have achieved victory had i maintained my cool and played a little smarter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDFuM_7wgAw

and here's a short (15s) clip of a wolf attacking me through the floor and then clipping right through the floor and appearing out of nowhere. it's a minor offense, and i know the game engine is kinda whacky, but this is probably the craziest glitch i've ever seen in a finished game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tBpTdDhzXI

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

bees x1000 posted:

I'm here to say 13 Sentinels is really really freakin' good so far, like top 10 game I've ever played good, and y'all should buy it while it's on sale.

I dunno if I'd put it in my top 10 but at 50%ish completion it is a real wild ride and very enjoyable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

:psyduck: I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone reading posts like this. My PS4 Slim is loud as I turn it on but then it quiets down so 'loud enough that I can barely hear the game or anything else' is totally wild to me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have a launch PS4 and when it's struggling it's basically as loud as... a microwave oven I guess?

As I mentioned earlier it also puts out enough heat that it significantly warms the room up in these winter months

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Failboattootoot posted:

I dunno if I'd put it in my top 10 but at 50%ish completion it is a real wild ride and very enjoyable.
I like it so much more than other Vanillaware games it’s nuts. I want to like the others but they all get annoying as hell eventually. The only other one of them I finished is Muramasa but even it wore out its welcome towards the end.

I was hooked on 13S from the first minute until the last.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I have met with the watchdog of the old lords and I do not like it!! Can get him down to half health pretty easily but then he does this pounce attack that one shots me and I cant figure out how to dodge it!! Is it worth summoning the npc hunters (I think theres two?) Or do they hinder more than help?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

fridge corn posted:

I have met with the watchdog of the old lords and I do not like it!! Can get him down to half health pretty easily but then he does this pounce attack that one shots me and I cant figure out how to dodge it!! Is it worth summoning the npc hunters (I think theres two?) Or do they hinder more than help?

They die easily and the boss gets HP boost so I wouldnt recommend it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

fridge corn posted:

I have met with the watchdog of the old lords and I do not like it!!

i just met chalice abhorrent beast, and you're going to like that even less. this is without a doubt the most annoying boss in the game so far.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have a launch PS4 and when it's struggling it's basically as loud as... a microwave oven I guess?

As I mentioned earlier it also puts out enough heat that it significantly warms the room up in these winter months

I'm very scared of the coming 40° planetwide temperature increase as PS5s start making their way across the planet in the coming years.

fridge corn posted:

I'm so tired that I took this as a weird praising description of the new Watchdogs game

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I'm very scared of the coming 40° planetwide temperature increase as PS5s start making their way across the planet in the coming years.

The PS5 are relatively cool and quiet, especially compared to a PS4. If they fix the disc spinning up hourly, I would barely notice its there other than it being a monolith

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The undead giant, the pthuermian descendent, the keeper of the old lords and the watchdog did not give me any trouble at all. It makes me feel almost as if I have not done them yet, but there is video saved to the PS4 of me doing them. Very weird.

going to give Rom another go later.

Will probably stream some dark souls adventuring much later too :) For now I need to figure out what weapons I am missing! :D

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

The undead giant, the pthuermian descendent, the keeper of the old lords and the watchdog did not give me any trouble at all. It makes me feel almost as if I have not done them yet, but there is video saved to the PS4 of me doing them. Very weird.

Will probably stream some dark souls adventuring much later too :) For now I need to figure out what weapons I am missing! :D

I'm talking about the defiled version of watchdog :(

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Got to microlash or whatever his name is and for the first time since ds2, i saw my weapon break.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

fridge corn posted:

I think you can shoot him as he charges you.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I think it's harder with any kind of summoning because it makes the fight far more unpredictable while also raising the health. Defiled Hotdog is an exercise in patience and precision. One of my favorite fights in all of FROM.

VideoGames posted:

There's another Undead Giant and another Watchdog, and they are both pretty hard fights.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I'm talking about the defiled version of watchdog :(

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

There's another Undead Giant and another Watchdog, and they are both pretty hard fights.

Phew! Also not phew but also phew :D
Was starting to think I was forgetting things.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I got him down to a sliver of health and was bossing it until I got stuck against a wall, the camera went crazy and I got pancaked :(

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Chiming in that I also loved 13 Sentinels. Had no idea what to expect, went in completely blind and drat, was just impressed as all hell. Excellent story, unique battles, had a lot of fun blazing through the game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I got him down to a sliver of health and was bossing it until I got stuck against a wall, the camera went crazy and I got pancaked :(

Honestly, sounds like it's only a matter of time for ya. It's a great fight...and I don't envy you having to move on to Defiled Amy :cry:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Will probably stream some dark souls adventuring much later too :)

"I shall partake"

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I did it. I got that fiery bastard.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

how long is 13 sentinels?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Took me about 25 hours to get the platinum, I played all the strategy stages on normal which is very easy though.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ok. Only have six trophies to get to plat. Two of them are the other two endings I have yet to get. That is doable. Three are weapons and tools. That is doable. Last one is a boss in a chalice dungeon.

Oh my word. This is doable!! :D

ufarn
May 30, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Ok. Only have six trophies to get to plat. Two of them are the other two endings I have yet to get. That is doable. Three are weapons and tools. That is doable. Last one is a boss in a chalice dungeon.

Oh my word. This is doable!! :D
You can save scum the endings and NG weapon on a PS4 so you don't have to run through the game more times fwiw.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Rom done first time back :)))))

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Look at this MF absolutely crushin it

e: THESE MFS. all of you

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VG, I'm racing you to the bloodborne plat. About to start taking on defiled amy now ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

VideoGames has proven that every poster's username is 100% based on their most notable trait

:(