Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
:siren: I have made the final chalice dungeon :siren:

But it will have to wait because I have literally been playing all day even though I wasnt really planning on doing so and lady corn's patience has run out :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So I potentially have to buy all the weapons a second time?

Also did defiled hotdog on my second go. Thank you saw cleaver with bolt paper to the head while wearing the charred ash set! Now for the big daddy. I am fully aware who I am about to run into :smith:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's been some time but I don't think the game considers NG+ a different playthrough. That would only be if you started a new character entirely. As long as your current character gets all the weapons the trophy should pop.

I think!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Also did defiled hotdog on my second go. Thank you saw cleaver with bolt paper to the head while wearing the charred ash set! Now for the big daddy. I am fully aware who I am about to run into :smith:

Wow that's impressive! Took me like maybe 20 tries to get hotdog. Had much less trouble with defiled amy actually!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The end sequence of Bugsnax is... really something :staredog:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Well I have died three times to defiled Amy. First was I walked in and saw him then he jumped and landed on me and one shot me. Which was hilariously unfair but I was expecting it to be tough.

Second time I ran in started smacking his crotch like wild and got him down to 75% health and then got picked up and died.

And third time something similar :) it is tough and I think I would be doing better if I had not been carried for the non chalice dungeon Amy fight! :D

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

haveblue posted:

When I started playing it, I definitely wasn't expecting THAT as the finale lemme tell you.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm pretty sure you have to get every single standard game weapon [[in one playthrough]] , so weapons that were in your inventory from the last playthrough may not necessarily pop the trophy. This means you may have to experiment with re-purchasing a few weapons at the messenger bath until the trophy pops.

and the Cannon from Forbidden Woods

There are not one but two cannons in Bloodborne?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JollyBoyJohn posted:

There are not one but two cannons in Bloodborne?

There's only ONE cannon, brah :grin: ya get ma drift?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ok defined amy has got me stuck for the moment. I am a little tired so I think my reactions are slowing down. I will come back to them like I came back to Rom :). Guillermo s once I return (maybe tomorrow or I will steam dark souls tomorrow night instead) I will let you know and you can chalice lmao around with me if I get tilted :D

Right now I am getting more and more confident and proud in my ability to do this game. It whips so much!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Good job Veeg.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

VideoGames posted:

I am level 202. 60 vit, 42 end, 52 str, 50 dex.

fridge corn posted:

Hah lol I thought I was over leveled but I'm lvl176 with 50vit, 25end, 50str, 50dex, 7blt, 44arc. Been using Ludwigs holy blade the entire game but since I've started leveling arcane I've kinda switched to the holy moonlight sword

:-o holy poo poo. imma equip three moon runes and go through more of the main ng+ to level up. i didn't realize i was so behind in level for tackling the dungeons

also VG, i got the weapons trophy very early in my ng+ by just buying the stuff i missed from my first playthrough and the beast claws from the dungeon.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

:-o holy poo poo. imma equip three moon runes and go through more of the main ng+ to level up. i didn't realize i was so behind in level for tackling the dungeons

also VG, i got the weapons trophy very early in my ng+ by just buying the stuff i missed from my first playthrough and the beast claws from the dungeon.

Yeah, I suppose the chalices were a bit harder since for some reason I refused to level up beyond 100, dunno why

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

VideoGames posted:

Not really, though they’re fun to collect! The alternate weapons just have different rune slots.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Augus posted:

Control is a very cool game but much like FEAR it was very clearly designed as a high-end PC game first and even after being heavily downgraded graphically it still makes consoles cry in agony

The PS5 upgrade was delayed til next year but I’m curious how the game holds up using the backwards compatibility mode

I played it when I had PS Now but before I replaced my thermal paste and it was too loud to hear dialogue. I'd like to revisit the game but I'm still wary.

Another game my system can't take even after cleaning and thermal paste replacement is Until Dawn. It sends my fan into overdrive.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think Until Dawn was just badly coded tbh, it made the fans on my brand new playstation go insane. It’s an excellent game!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

it's those ultra high detail pause screen closeups isn't it

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
If you're at the point where you don't give a poo poo about levels (anything over 150 for coop), then level ARC. Unlike other stats ARC scales all the way to 99. Defiled Amy bothering you? Kill him with 3 Executioner's Gloves to the head, a visceral, and one more blast from the gloves. Do it quick enough and he doesn't have time to rip off his arms or jump. I had more trouble with regular chalice Rom due to spiders, and that took me 3 tries.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

me your dad posted:

I played it when I had PS Now but before I replaced my thermal paste and it was too loud to hear dialogue. I'd like to revisit the game but I'm still wary.

Another game my system can't take even after cleaning and thermal paste replacement is Until Dawn. It sends my fan into overdrive.

I dont think the dialogue mattered much, the script was a series of half baked ideas. Whenever I hear people liked Control I keep thinking maybe I should replay but my backlog is filled with too many good games to go sifting through written vomit to see if there is anything interesting that is followed to resolution.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, I suppose the chalices were a bit harder since for some reason I refused to level up beyond 100, dunno why
The password system to circumnavigate level disparity wasn't there at launch I don't think, so outleveling people did interfere with co-op, it was an old Souls wisdom thing. I want to say that was added when the co-op covenant stuff was added, possibly around the release of Old Hunters?

I think so anyway. Could be misremembering.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ShoogaSlim posted:

You can very comfortably beat the chalice dungeons between BL80-100, they are dramatically farther past the point most people even bother leveling.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Bust Rodd posted:

You can very comfortably beat the chalice dungeons between BL80-100, they are dramatically farther past the point most people even bother leveling.

i'm pretty proud of how far I've gotten so far, but chalice abhorrent beast feels basically impossible for me with how little damage i get in when i have even half a second to attack. i could probably squeak by with enough poison knives and patience, but i have to play through the entire game at least once for a trophy so i might as well come back when im stronger.

tldr i did not git gud enough yet :/

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Ok defined amy has got me stuck for the moment. I am a little tired so I think my reactions are slowing down. I will come back to them like I came back to Rom :). Guillermo s once I return (maybe tomorrow or I will steam dark souls tomorrow night instead) I will let you know and you can chalice lmao around with me if I get tilted :D

Right now I am getting more and more confident and proud in my ability to do this game. It whips so much!

Oh, I'll be available all monday evening. I'm playing some Demon's Souls on my PS3 but can be around on Bloodborne and switch characters whenever you need a hand. The cursed chalice is a challenge and bosses are easier with an arcane or bloodtinge build.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cubicle gangster posted:

So does the controller!

Being able to switch from speaker output to headphones by simply plugging a set into the controller without having to move or do anything else is one of my favourite things I couldn't do last gen.

Holy poo poo I forgot about that, next time I'm playing ill plug my real nice jbl headset in.

Also I wanted to see if this is certainly a issue with just Control or its any other recent demanding game but my choices are ac origins, God of war or Yakuza 6.

I mean I do have Jedi fallen order coming but it probably won't be here for a week.

I should give BB another go, but I'm right befire the old ynarnham boss fight and I have like 2 bullets left and only a handful of bloodvials so I can't just blood bullet my way to beating the witch. The funny thing is I was struggling with the game using the saw blade and spear but then I was told the cane functions like a straight sword in dark souls and I started to do much better.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The new Playstation web store is awful, but I checked on console too - it looks like EA is (has been?) delisting older sports titles for purchase. I checked with Madden and NHL and anything prior to 21 can't be directly purchased unless you already owned it or subscribe to EA Play.

Blah blah sports games, but this is dumb.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Which is that chalice dungeon they found recentish that had a monster/boss strolling around in one of the deep layers that turned out to be a cut monster no one knew existed, this was without hacking the dungeon

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

VideoGames has proven that every poster's username is 100% based on their most notable trait

:(

oh well,....poo poo

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

haveblue posted:

I have one more character to return to Snaxburg, so I think I'm approaching the end of the game...I'll be bummed when this game is over! I'm loving it so much, particularly as a sort of spiritual sequel to Ape Escape.

"Bunger bunger bunger bunger..."

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

Got to microlash or whatever his name is and for the first time since ds2, i saw my weapon break.

There's no harm in looking up how to cheese Micolash (and the cheese is REALLY easy), that's by far my contender for "most annoying/tedious boss fight."

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is delightful so far! I'm all in for Ichiban's wild ride. Just a really engrossing fun story so far.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Heavy Metal posted:

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is delightful so far! I'm all in for Ichiban's wild ride. Just a really engrossing fun story so far.

I've only played 0, and have Kiwami, but could i grab Like a Dragon any not be lost? I mean, its Yakuza, everythings bonkers and know Kiyruu is not involved at all.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Heavy Metal posted:

I normally feel a little guilt buying new games at full price (especially with the current sales) but every single little detail in this game makes me smile when it isn't twisting my guts. I'm only up to Chapter 3 but Ichiban and his party are really likeable, and I love that his Dragon Quest fandom wasn't just a throwaway nod to the combat system change (which rules) but actually informs the reason he does things and the way he genuinely sees the world.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

twistedmentat posted:

I've only played 0, and have Kiwami, but could i grab Like a Dragon any not be lost? I mean, its Yakuza, everythings bonkers and know Kiyruu is not involved at all.

Yeah, pretty much. There's a callback or two to Y6 and Y5 but everything's pretty contained.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

oh well,....poo poo

But you are a kirby superstar! :D

Guillermus posted:

Oh, I'll be available all monday evening. I'm playing some Demon's Souls on my PS3 but can be around on Bloodborne and switch characters whenever you need a hand. The cursed chalice is a challenge and bosses are easier with an arcane or bloodtinge build.

Awesome! I may go back to Dark Souls as I am intrigued about where to go with that and I do not wish to burn out in Bloodborne. Plus I have to up my dark souls parry game!! :3:

Ahh so many great games to play at the moment :)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, pretty much. There's a callback or two to Y6 and Y5 but everything's pretty contained.

That's cool. It looks so bonkers, even for a Yakuza game and honestly, the combat reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics which is basically my favorite PS1 and FF game ever. I may have to keep a look out in case it goes on sale over xmas or boxing day.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Hello PS4 thread. I've a question: I have XCom 2, without any DLC, I managed to finish the game once, I was thinking of playing it again (it was a long time ago, and I'd like to try for the Platinum, and maybe actually but the DLC and play with that). My question is: how is the performance now? When I played last (about a year or so ago) it was terrible, and worse the further you were into the game - so much that I thought the game crashed in the endgame, so long was the waiting for my turn/changing screens. I hear the War of the Chosen pack improved the stability on the PC, but is it the same on PS4? There are reports that PS5 doesn't improve much in the loading time aspect also, so I'm doubtful anone worked on the game in the meantime, but maybe?

Thanks for your time:)

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 30, 2020

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ahhh headless bloodletting beast is tough. I got him real close but got one shotted by the snake attack only to realise I didnt even have any hp or stamina plus runes equipped oops!!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fridge corn posted:

Ahhh headless bloodletting beast is tough. I got him real close but got one shotted by the snake attack only to realise I didnt even have any hp or stamina plus runes equipped oops!!!

If I remember correctly Gasconge's armor is good in that fight?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

That's a hard fight, and the snake attack is terrifying imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm taking a break from bloodborne today. I feel burnt out from my marathon session yesterday