Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Uh. I only just considered the parallels between bloodletting beast/guardian ape...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Aidan_702 posted:

oof that's the worst one yet. You'd think they'd put in something good for Christmas...like....Fortnite christmas edition

Just Cause 4 is really good though.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Oscar Wild posted:

I dont think the dialogue mattered much, the script was a series of half baked ideas. Whenever I hear people liked Control I keep thinking maybe I should replay but my backlog is filled with too many good games to go sifting through written vomit to see if there is anything interesting that is followed to resolution.

My backlog is long and I keep buying 70+ hour RPGs for some reason. I play games for about 2 hours max per day so the PS 6 will probably be out before I complete the games I own. I'm sure my wife has considered getting me a PS5 for Christmas and I secretly hope she couldn't find one, or decided on something else because the last thing I need is to be tempted to start buying new games on a new system.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

me your dad posted:

My backlog is long and I keep buying 70+ hour RPGs for some reason. I play games for about 2 hours max per day so the PS 6 will probably be out before I complete the games I own. I'm sure my wife has considered getting me a PS5 for Christmas and I secretly hope she couldn't find one, or decided on something else because the last thing I need is to be tempted to start buying new games on a new system.

Lol 'new' games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Luckily there's no PS5 games yet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ever heard of astroboy???!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's absolutely crazy how much quieter the PS4 Pro is with an SSD inside instead of the HDD. I bought an enclosure and turned the old HDD into a drive for Plex. The UI is wayyyy faster with an SSD in and games definitely load a bit quicker, I noticed it straight away with Fallout 4. I know it seems a bit crazy to do this now that the PS5 is out but I think I'll be using the 4 for a while yet, there's a few PS4 games I still want to play and nothing on the 5 is really enticing yet.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Quantum of Phallus posted:

ever heard of astroboy???!!

I wish there was an Astroboy PS5 game.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
There's a free SHMUP called Is It Wrong to Try to Shoot Em Up Girls in a Dungeon and if you can handle the anime it's really fun

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
What if you cant handle anime

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

What if you cant handle anime

then you bought the wrong d*ng console :getin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yes, it is wrong

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

lmao

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Well what is the right dong console??

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Skrill.exe posted:

Well what is the right dong console??

The wii. It has two different shaped dongs for you to swing around.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Or PSVR, where you have two identical dongs that look even more like dongs than the wiimote does

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
thankfully, theres no anime on ps5.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Vikar Jerome posted:

yet

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The PS5 will have photorealistic anime

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

haptic anime

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I do want to try defiled Amy again but I think anor londo is calling me :3: there is always tomorrow!

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

sony's gonna acquire crunchyroll now, you jinxed it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

haveblue posted:

it already does?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Demon's Souls is already on PS5

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg live https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Demon's Souls is already on PS5
Touch the demon inside me :biglips:

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

me your dad posted:

Nobody ever really finishes their backlog

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

PlushCow posted:

Can you ever truly "beat" a game :thunkher:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Whoops I think i just killed a pregnant lady

https://twitter.com/fridgecorn/status/1333507243866722305?s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Can you ever truly "beat" a game :thunkher:

I hit my copy of Alien Colonial Marines with a mallet if that counts

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PlushCow posted:

Not true. I played every single game i had for my ps3. Oh you mean finished. Yea.

Yea but she was throwing blood at you.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Augus posted:

it already does?

Why is this deranged old man vagrant on the ps5

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Morpheus posted:

please stop praying for my grandpa!!!

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Szurumbur posted:

Hello PS4 thread. I've a question: I have XCom 2, without any DLC, I managed to finish the game once, I was thinking of playing it again (it was a long time ago, and I'd like to try for the Platinum, and maybe actually but the DLC and play with that). My question is: how is the performance now? When I played last (about a year or so ago) it was terrible, and worse the further you were into the game - so much that I thought the game crashed in the endgame, so long was the waiting for my turn/changing screens. I hear the War of the Chosen pack improved the stability on the PC, but is it the same on PS4? There are reports that PS5 doesn't improve much in the loading time aspect also, so I'm doubtful anone worked on the game in the meantime, but maybe?

Thanks for your time:)

Apparently the secret is to always be deleting all the after mission photos and poo poo it accumulates, even if you are not manually taking any mission photos. Scoop on the internet is that helps. That's not a real answer but I couldn't find one either so I ended up playing through on PC, never tried the DLC on ps4.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Morpheus posted:

this party's gettin crazy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg is officially part of the Great Club Gang

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Veeg is officially part of the Great Club Gang

Warms the cockles of my heart

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Great club go bonk

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Eeeeee! I am so stoked for you!! :D well done!!

Also a very productive dark souls game session today!! We beat Ornstein and Smough with the Dark Souls Squad!

Then I beat Havel and Lautrec. Discovered two wonderful rings that now allow me to medium roll with black iron set on AND wield the great club which is a fantastic bashing weapon!

Also got stuck on a pig in a corridor for way too long. In fact all the deaths from doing Ornstein & Smough, Havel and Lautrec are less than the amount of deaths I had to this one pig in a corridor.

Pig in a corridor is my true nemesis.

What a great and wonderful game this is! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Y'all let him consume the firekeepers soul.

Lol.