Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

vacillating between a bunch of roughly interchangeable guys
yes yes totally interchangeable
(plz dont pick my guy or i will cry)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fast Luck posted:

Will we watch some of the real life season unfold before we vote on who has the best teams?

It's not entirely based on one season (hence taking future + now into consideration with team votes). Sim is mostly for that, but obviously we always look back to see who had better or worse teams than we imagined.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

yes yes totally interchangeable
(plz dont pick my guy or i will cry)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It's not entirely based on one season (hence taking future + now into consideration with team votes). Sim is mostly for that, but obviously we always look back to see who had better or worse teams than we imagined.
Yeah the vote is forward looking but also I’m just wondering, like do I get to see how KD looks before I evaluate Ice’s team? Or the rookies for that matter?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah the vote is forward looking but also I’m just wondering, like do I get to see how KD looks before I evaluate Ice’s team? Or the rookies for that matter?

We can always do the sim stuff first before asking for votes, sure

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Plzen is selecting Clint Capela, who I almost forgot about because of his injury last year but should never have dropped this far. he's going to look great next to trae next year and everyone will be like gently caress how did we forget he was good

edit:

so far

C Clint Capela
F Onyeka Okongwu
F
G Donovan Mitchell
G Kyle Lowry
B Cassius Stanley

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was wondering why he was still on the board

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
From the desk of Kraków Stonecutters assistant GM and senior minister of defense, Shimshon Draenger:

"To go with Jamal and Jaylen, we need a versatile player who we can throw out there to shut down anyone who needs shutting down, and provide some good three-point shooting to go with it. Threes and Defense, a concept I just came up with! We select OG Anunoby."

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

From the desk of Kraków Stonecutters assistant GM and senior minister of defense, Shimshon Draenger:

"To go with Jamal and Jaylen, we need a versatile player who we can throw out there to shut down anyone who needs shutting down, and provide some good three-point shooting to go with it. Threes and Defense, a concept I just came up with! We select OG Anunoby."

There are chairs being thrown at Thespians HQ tonight, OG was on our big board

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Nobody has picked my guy yet which just goes to show i am a very bad creative gm

Ontday ickpay onasjay alanciunasvay

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Deadbeat Dad posted:

We can always do the sim stuff first before asking for votes, sure
No I mean in real life! Or do we evaluate before real play begins?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fast Luck posted:

No I mean in real life! Or do we evaluate before real play begins?

I know I'm saying we can base better votes from real life play (if youre saying that)

Bloach
May 23, 2005

Bloachie Bad Azz

DeimosRising posted:

Plzen is selecting Clint Capela, who I almost forgot about because of his injury last year but should never have dropped this far. he's going to look great next to trae next year and everyone will be like gently caress how did we forget he was good

edit:

so far

C Clint Capela
F Onyeka Okongwu
F
G Donovan Mitchell
G Kyle Lowry
B Cassius Stanley

I like this mainly because of Kyle. I genuinely think he's better than Donovan and might be this season too. Donovan is one of the most pure hype stars in the league. There was a genuine 15 game stretch of the season where Clarkson matched Donovan's play. Hard to assume anything unless you plan on starting Onyeka(I like him a lot just don't trust rookie starters)
edit: i had stats that proved it but I like Deimos too much so I deleted it

kingcobweb posted:

I like where this is going too. I want to believe OG takes a big leap, I even considered picking but decided it was too hard a sell, but I think he might be looking at MIP

Bloach fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 1, 2020

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm trying to convince alansmithee to collude with me here.

If you don't pick my first choice, I won't take your second choice?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Everyone please understand that _____ ______'s second cousin has indicated _____ will not take the court for any team other than East Berlin

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 1, 2020

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Please stop name dropping people!! (until drafted)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Everyone please understand that _____ ______'s second cousin has indicated _____ will not take the court for any team other than East Berlin

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Nobody has picked my guy yet which just goes to show i am a very bad creative gm

Ontday ickpay onasjay alanciunasvay

He was scratched from my big board after I got Adams, but he was up there.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'll grab Kelly Oubre jr.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Damnit

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Also to finish up my rookie pick, as I mentioned before they kinda all suck so I'll stick with getting name talent and pick Jay Scrub(b)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Varna selects Spencer Dinwiddie

With the fist pick in the next round, Varna selects Eric Bledsoe.

alansmithee is back on the clock at 8 am eastern

Varna so far:

Frontcourt;
Sabonis
Siakam

Backcourt:
Dinwiddie
Bledsoe

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

tadashi posted:

Varna so far:

Frontcourt;
Sabonis
Siakam

Backcourt:
Dinwiddie
Bledsoe

I was hopping Dinwiddie would fall. Dang.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Bloach posted:

I like this mainly because of Kyle. I genuinely think he's better than Donovan and might be this season too. Donovan is one of the most pure hype stars in the league. There was a genuine 15 game stretch of the season where Clarkson matched Donovan's play. Hard to assume anything unless you plan on starting Onyeka(I like him a lot just don't trust rookie starters)
edit: i had stats that proved it but I like Deimos too much so I deleted it

Nah it's fine, I actually agree. Donovan and Jamal haven't had anywhere near the production their reputations would suggest, but they're both exciting young athletic guards so it's easy to see where the hype comes from. What i'm counting on here is that Donovan played much, much better when Conley was healthy and settled into their system. He's a shooting guard through and through, and needs to be sharing ball handling duties and to have shooters to kick to because that's the main way he's going to distribute. Lowry is a multiple tier upgrade over Conley the last couple seasons, but now i need to get those other shooters around them. That's why i was interested in guys like covington and warren. Spoilered because i mentioned someone who hasn't been picked.

And I agree on Onyeka too. As I'm catching up on the rookies this year I think he may be the one I'm most excited about but it will take a little time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeimosRising posted:

Spoilered because i mentioned someone who hasn't been picked.

lol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

the law is the law, friend

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeimosRising posted:

the law is the law, friend

spoilering a namedrop doesn't mean you didn't namedrop lol

nobody in this thread is going to not click on that

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't want to be spoiled I'm an innocent lamb

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

I'll grab Derrick White

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

IcePhoenix posted:

I’m not responsible for your sins

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

If you're not aware that the person in the spoiler exists, you are probably out of your league, though.

:lol:

Fast Luck posted:

I don't want to be spoiled I'm an innocent lamb

:stare:

Quizzlefish posted:

I was hopping Dinwiddie would fall. Dang.

I think he fits my position-less team much better than he's fit elsewhere so everyone made the right choice by letting me get him.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 1, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

If you're not aware that the person in the spoiler exists, you are probably out of your league, though.

fair but I wouldn't be shocked if people jut forgot about him

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

IcePhoenix posted:

fair but I wouldn't be shocked if people jut forgot about him

I definitely did not forget about him, he was right at the top of my list for my next pick

So was Bledsoe, actually

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Everyone knows he exists, but the entire point of this game is to identify what the other GMs are undervaluing/missing and name dropping dudes, especially in the context of what you can do directly harms literally everyone's ability to do that.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Everyone knows he exists, but the entire point of this game is to identify what the other GMs are undervaluing/missing and name dropping dudes, especially in the context of what you can do directly harms literally everyone's ability to do that.

Even if you don't want that guy, it might remind you of someone else the rest of is are forgetting

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
As someone completely innocent of the crimes being discussed itt im shaking my head in real disappointment right now
Tampering is BAD

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If none of us click the spoiler text it will be fine. Then once the player gets drafted Deimos can let us know it's safe to click.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Fast Luck posted:

If none of us click the spoiler text it will be fine. Then once the player gets drafted Deimos can let us know it's safe to click.

precisely! have some self control. and punkin can explain his extremely complex code farther back when that player is chosen

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I not only clicked the spoiler text but it reminded me of someone I forgot about so ty if it gets to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloach
May 23, 2005

Bloachie Bad Azz

tadashi posted:

Varna so far:

Frontcourt;
Sabonis
Siakam

Backcourt:
Dinwiddie
Bledsoe

Another fun team I'm not sure Dinwiddie is even needed tho, I think Sabonis and Siakam is enough of a scoring punch