Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
aC, why did you vote me after I said I had a cool role?

The :psyduck: vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Well the votes on me feel opportunistic and lazy that’s why they line up with who I think is scum. Beyond that I keep seeing people saying I’ve been posting scummy but no one has bothered to actually point out how

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I made a BS case against IA in Halloween mafia when I was scum and he was town and he wasn’t this defensive, really rubbing me the wrong way

Whoa, who are you?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Oh wait, nvm lol

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Obama isnt scummy I've decided.

Bif and pig are probably scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Well the votes on me feel opportunistic and lazy that’s why they line up with who I think is scum. Beyond that I keep seeing people saying I’ve been posting scummy but no one has bothered to actually point out how

It's just like a pinging in my gut based on overall tone. It's a vibe and you have it, the way you're reacting to a little bit of pressure doesn't help.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Obama isnt scummy I've decided.

Bif and pig are probably scum.

no u

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Sand and GG look like town so far.

Pig is inscrutable and plays the same as town and scum for the most part with plays that aren't necessarily helpful, but innocuous enough as not to be scummy. Real opinion gets interspersed throughout.

However, inscrutability aside, their play seems more mischievous and insincere without specifying examples with quotes... I'll instead loosely point to the follow friends votes which I've previously defended as d1 fanfare, along with a mostly unsubstantiated bandwagon vote on bama.

Bif did the leg work for the vote and sand Obama seems more like a town on town type thing.

Imma ##vote Bif

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Why Bif though? Mostly feel and her kind of strange defense of me.

We ARE diametrically opposed no matter how much I wish it not to be the case.

Oil and Water, but it's a good level for mafia hahahah

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Idle Amalgam posted:

Bif did the leg work for the vote and sand Obama seems more like a town on town type thing.

Imma ##vote Bif

Why are you voting for Bif if this seems more like a town on town thing?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Never mind I see the word Sand now.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'll list specific bif quotes... that wont be enough but itll happen later. For now, I feel good on bif and pig for scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'll list specific bif quotes... that wont be enough but itll happen later. For now, I feel good on bif and pig for scum.

I feel good on you too bb :wink:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

CapitalistPig posted:

Never mind I see the word Sand now.

Sorry, lazily and poorly constructing arguments on my phone when I should be working...

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

CapitalistPig posted:

It's just like a pinging in my gut based on overall tone. It's a vibe and you have it, the way you're reacting to a little bit of pressure doesn't help.

Seems a bit hypocritical to rinse me for my ‘case’ and turn around and give me this poo poo

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Seems a bit hypocritical to rinse me for my ‘case’ and turn around and give me this poo poo

But it was a really lovely case.

It was really , not much of a case at all. It's like the lazy kind of cases people write out when they're scum.

Gut and playing with your instincts on day 1 is very common. Sorry it isn't satisfying to your sense of logic but I'm not going to force a big longwinded case when I'm simply voting for you on a mixture of gut feeling and a poor response to pressure.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

aC, why did you vote me after I said I had a cool role?

The :psyduck: vote

I mentioned it at the time.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
A most righteous list:

TOWN
IA, a benevolent and well-intentioned, but dangerous bamf who scum fear and town question.

Yami, yeah it was probably a slap fight. Sorry Yami

aC them not catching most jokes and me taking most everything as jokes finally clicked. They are most likely town.

GG has seemed perhaps the most sincere with quick takes and commentary that I often agreed with. Town feel

Sand seems on par to be town thus far this game. Typical mix of antagonism/contribution that I've come to expect from them.

Hal, I didnt like that earlier vote but their subsequent joking with aC seemed lighthearted enough to be town oriented.

SNG, seems about the same.

Bee, could be town but they know how to play me p easily as scum lol. So null favoring town from personal bias, but paranoid about them.

RF is null leaning town from personal bias, but I have a hard time reading them.

tremendous taste is MIA?

Referee is kinda super MIA?

Hum is super MIA?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

apostateCourier posted:

is it from softclaiming before a single vote drops on you?

(vote didn't appear to work) ##vote Idle Amalgam

I didnt understand this actually? You voted me for a softclaim you thought you picked up?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

CapitalistPig posted:

But it was a really lovely case.

It was really , not much of a case at all. It's like the lazy kind of cases people write out when they're scum.

Gut and playing with your instincts on day 1 is very common. Sorry it isn't satisfying to your sense of logic but I'm not going to force a big longwinded case when I'm simply voting for you on a mixture of gut feeling and a poor response to pressure.

Why do you think I put case in quotation marks? I was just trying to give some context to my vote for you, those posts in particular pinged me. You are acting like it’s impossible for someone to vote with their gut while giving a bit of context

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

I didnt understand this actually? You voted me for a softclaim you thought you picked up?

I voted you because dropping that you have a neat power role in response to light pressure looks scummy as hell

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Oh obama is probably town, I didnt put them in my list, but yeah... most likely town.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

apostateCourier posted:

I voted you because dropping that you have a neat power role in response to light pressure looks scummy as hell

Oh. You misunderstood then. I was being braggadocious, because rng favored me.

I'm a boastful cretin, I figured you would have pieced this much together by now.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Bifauxnen posted:

Whoah nice catch, making a cumslip this early, dang, bad luck SNG

##vote SNG

sandnavyguy posted:

I must focus on the celibacy of the pure sand, I have no time for Tinder.

Heresy! I never slip, my feet are firmly planted on the path of towniness.

##vote bif

You must see the light of the desert. Can I interest you in temporary membership?

This feels like a bus during jokephase

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Yeah, I didn't think anyone was sincerely pressuring my first 3 posts of the game lol

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

A most righteous list:

TOWN
IA, a benevolent and well-intentioned, but dangerous bamf who scum fear and town question.

Hal, I didnt like that earlier vote but their subsequent joking with aC seemed lighthearted enough to be town oriented.

First, stop this. Every time you waste words on how oh so townie you are you're telling me you're scum.

Second, explain the hal comment. How does lighthearted joking give you any alignment read at all?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Why do you think I put case in quotation marks? I was just trying to give some context to my vote for you, those posts in particular pinged me. You are acting like it’s impossible for someone to vote with their gut while giving a bit of context

Nah it's the way you're doing it. It's clumsy and manufactured.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

CapitalistPig posted:

Nah it's the way you're doing it. It's clumsy and manufactured.

That’s your opinion pig man, I think the current push to lunch me is manufactured

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

A most righteous list:

TOWN
Referee is kinda super MIA?

Hum is super MIA?

They said they wouldn't be back until listed game start and it's still morning of that day.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Which you would know if you read their game posts. Well, posts in the sense that there are two, one each.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

That’s your opinion pig man, I think the current push to lunch me is manufactured

Yes, that is my opinion. Congratulations on understand what opinions are.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

apostateCourier posted:

First, stop this. Every time you waste words on how oh so townie you are you're telling me you're scum.

Second, explain the hal comment. How does lighthearted joking give you any alignment read at all?

No, I play how I want, when I want, where I want. I'll waste as many words as I want singing praises of myself, so deal with it.

Regarding Hal, while it isn't helpful to you, we aren't at a point yet where it is crucial to be completely serious about anything going on right now and I attribute lighthearted joking more as a positive to null behavior if it isnt actually being used to dissuade you from a course of action or manipulate. Hal seemed to be being cheeky with you, and the result of it wasnt him trying to manipulate you, but just being a troll. At least... that's how I perceived it.

He's lower on the list too and I didn't make it completely clear, but the alignment scale is town top - scummier bottom

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

apostateCourier posted:

Which you would know if you read their game posts. Well, posts in the sense that there are two, one each.

Lmao aren't you in a tizzy

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Yes I knew hum would return, I remarked about them catching up on 300 (now like 400) posts lol

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

No, I play how I want, when I want, where I want. I'll waste as many words as I want singing praises of myself, so deal with it.

Regarding Hal, while it isn't helpful to you, we aren't at a point yet where it is crucial to be completely serious about anything going on right now and I attribute lighthearted joking more as a positive to null behavior if it isnt actually being used to dissuade you from a course of action or manipulate. Hal seemed to be being cheeky with you, and the result of it wasnt him trying to manipulate you, but just being a troll. At least... that's how I perceived it.

He's lower on the list too and I didn't make it completely clear, but the alignment scale is town top - scummier bottom

So your scummiest reads are the people who haven't posted yet because of schedule problems. Do I have that right?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Hmmm I can see how that can come off that way. Sorry for my lack of clarity again.

MIA is kind of implied null to scummier imo.

It's not an indictment day 1, but this many posts in, hum aside, it's curious.

Now regarding ref and taste. If they said they'd be back, I did miss that.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
If they didn't tho, then yes... scummier for sure.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't like this [/b]##Vote ObamaAkbar.[/b]

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Well I don’t like you buddy
I find it odd that Obama intentionally added a slash in front of gg’s vote to ensure that he wouldn’t accidentally self vote. Even though the vote was contained in a quote and wouldn’t have counted as a vote anyway. someone was worried about being put at -7 :ohdear:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Take a couple seconds to read ref then you tell me.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Again, not an indictment and I'd rather vote scummy content I thought I picked up from bif and pig who arent on the list because I've already loosely cased them before the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

This feels like a bus during jokephase

Imo any votes prior to a serious case are null at best. But nope my awkward cringe jokes are town once more.