Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

if anyone wants video evidence of how the gop is absolutely going to consider trump persona non grata on jan 20th

https://twitter.com/brahmresnik/status/1333535859153440769

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sagebrush posted:

i said back when he first got elected that we just needed someone to whisper bernie's policies in his ear and tell him that he'd be the most famous and beloved president in american history for getting them passed.

alas.

i said to a classroom full of republicans in march that trump would have one of the largest margins of victory ever if he just forced mitch to pass bernie's m4a bill. it's already there. could have called it trumpcare. he could have grifted for another four years without doing a drat thing. they thought i was insane.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

PIZZA.BAT posted:

if anyone wants video evidence of how the gop is absolutely going to consider trump persona non grata on jan 20th

https://twitter.com/brahmresnik/status/1333535859153440769

probably, yeah. the party flacks are probably trying to figure out exactly how much they can cast off trump while keeping all the trump voters. i'm not entirely sure it's a square-able circle, though.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's insane that neither one of the two parties wants to pass the single most popular policy in the nation. either one would win every election forever if they did.

yet they don't, because the democrats are professional incompetents, and the republicans are literal death cultists

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sagebrush posted:

yet they don't, because the democrats are professional incompetents, and the republicans are literal death cultists

calling them incompetent undersells that they're also corpofascist conspirators in the pockets of mega rich corporations and instead paints a picture of "oh lordy i just dont understand these politick thingymajigs, how can we ever do stuff?". they know drat well how to do stuff, see also military spending and bolstering private healthcare or making sure to pass legislation to name the latest $50 billion boondogle battleship the USS H. KISSINGER or the latest afghani embass the JOHN MCCAIN EMBASSY.

they purposely struck out legalized weed during the DNC convention from the platform, literally the most popular platform in america with like 80%+ approval for it where even bible-thumping buttfuck inbred states are legalizing it these days. they also struck out universal healthcare intentionally. they purposely do not want to govern or do anything that would upset their corporate donors and megarich 90 year old ghouls. its not incompetence, it's also death cult malice. but more 👏🏾 women 👏🏾 concentration 👏🏾 camp 👏🏾 guards

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

it's insane that neither one of the two parties wants to pass the single most popular policy in the nation. either one would win every election forever if they did.

I don't think they're incompetent, they're as much as a party of capital as the Republicans except they're okay with bringing non white people/women into the fold.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

:hmmyes:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Neither party represents the American people, their primary goal is to service the rich fuckheads that run the parties and their friends.

Their second goal is to ensure that the system stays that way.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't think they're incompetent, they're as much as a party of capital as the Republicans except they're okay with bringing non white people/women into the fold.

I think they're intentionally incompetent, which to us in the sense that we want actual change, may as well be the same as incompetent

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Xaris posted:

calling them incompetent undersells that they're also corpofascist conspirators in the pockets of mega rich corporations and instead paints a picture of "oh lordy i just dont understand these politick thingymajigs, how can we ever do stuff?". they know drat well how to do stuff, see also military spending and bolstering private healthcare or making sure to pass legislation to name the latest $50 billion boondogle battleship the USS H. KISSINGER or the latest afghani embass the JOHN MCCAIN EMBASSY.

they purposely struck out legalized weed during the DNC convention from the platform, literally the most popular platform in america with like 80%+ approval for it where even bible-thumping buttfuck inbred states are legalizing it these days. they also struck out universal healthcare intentionally. they purposely do not want to govern or do anything that would upset their corporate donors and megarich 90 year old ghouls. its not incompetence, it's also death cult malice. but more 👏🏾 women 👏🏾 concentration 👏🏾 camp 👏🏾 guards

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Xaris posted:

calling them incompetent undersells that

they're not incompetent, they're "professional incompetents."

their grift depends 100% on having the republicans around so they can point and say "well we aren't a bunch of white supremacists" and let the money pour in. if they were ever truly competent at their job -- like if they, say, ran the guy who was packing freezing outdoor stadiums in tacoma in february instead of the one who can't remember his wife's name -- they would risk actually eliminating their opposition, and might be forced to start performing more meaningful acts than inviting a few black people to the state of the union. and that doesn't sound like fun at all!

professionally incompetent.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

medicare for all who want it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

they're not incompetent, they're "professional incompetents."

their grift depends 100% on having the republicans around so they can point and say "well we aren't a bunch of white supremacists" and let the money pour in. if they were ever truly competent at their job -- like if they, say, ran the guy who was packing freezing outdoor stadiums in tacoma in february instead of the one who can't remember his wife's name -- they would risk actually eliminating their opposition, and might be forced to start performing more meaningful acts than inviting a few black people to the state of the union. and that doesn't sound like fun at all!

professionally incompetent.

yeah but “their job” is keeping that guy packing stadiums locked out

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOu16E2LTW8

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSsRrlM3tNg

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
here in nz now that labour won massively and can govern alone and no one can stop them all of a sudden they ain’t doing poo poo

nothing good will ever happen, except as a necessary evil of retaliation and thru regaining power

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL that sucks

are you sure Nancy Pelosi isn’t your PM?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol nah jacinda is OK but it just highlights how bad even "good" political parties are

and in order to secure huge votes, our primary left leaning party has had to centralise

our property prices are mad. this came out today:

Median house prices across New Zealand increased by 19.8% from $605,000 in October 2019 to a new record median high of $725,000 in October 2020; and up from $689,000 in September this year (a 5.2% lift) according to the latest data from the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (REINZ)

1/4 mil across the whole country is alot, for a country with quite low average wages etc.

when I grew up, homelessness basically didnt exist in christchurch. it was an american thing. now .. its not so different to the US

and we are the ONLY country in the whole OECD without a capital gains tax. literally the best investment in nz is property every time. if you gained 19% on a house in a year in nz, and you sold it how much tax would you pay? LOL

just some moaning. the property crisis is destroying the country because fuckin people with poor wages and earning potential are just hosed over with rental prices

I know this is the same as a lot of places but gently caress.. we have a majority "left" government and what are they gon do about it? probably buy more of their own property.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yeah new zealand has become en vogue with the wealthy over the past decade so it doesn’t surprise me.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Atrios/status/1333384854008967168

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

echinopsis posted:

lol nah jacinda is OK but it just highlights how bad even "good" political parties are

and in order to secure huge votes, our primary left leaning party has had to centralise

our property prices are mad. this came out today:

Median house prices across New Zealand increased by 19.8% from $605,000 in October 2019 to a new record median high of $725,000 in October 2020; and up from $689,000 in September this year (a 5.2% lift) according to the latest data from the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (REINZ)

1/4 mil across the whole country is alot, for a country with quite low average wages etc.

when I grew up, homelessness basically didnt exist in christchurch. it was an american thing. now .. its not so different to the US

and we are the ONLY country in the whole OECD without a capital gains tax. literally the best investment in nz is property every time. if you gained 19% on a house in a year in nz, and you sold it how much tax would you pay? LOL

just some moaning. the property crisis is destroying the country because fuckin people with poor wages and earning potential are just hosed over with rental prices

I know this is the same as a lot of places but gently caress.. we have a majority "left" government and what are they gon do about it? probably buy more of their own property.

Turns out that permitting an economy based largely around arbitrage of basic human needs creates mass suffering, who knew?

So many houses in my neighborhood that a working class person would have bought and built equity with have been snapped up over the past few years by investors for next to nothing and turned out to rent for $1500-2K+, it literally takes me two minutes to pull a rent listing up and find one.

The drywall guy who'd have bought a fixer-upper in a blue collar neighborhood here for $100K, fixed it up, built up some equity, and raised a family there gets hosed over now because an investment firm buys that house for $100K and rents it back to him for half of his monthly net. It's vile.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Turns out that permitting an economy based largely around arbitrage of basic human needs creates mass suffering, who knew?

So many houses in my neighborhood that a working class person would have bought and built equity with have been snapped up over the past few years by investors for next to nothing and turned out to rent for $1500-2K+, it literally takes me two minutes to pull a rent listing up and find one.

The drywall guy who'd have bought a fixer-upper in a blue collar neighborhood here for $100K, fixed it up, built up some equity, and raised a family there gets hosed over now because an investment firm buys that house for $100K and rents it back to him for half of his monthly net. It's vile.

https://twitter.com/Astromarine/status/1332396738053804033

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

It was only a matter of time.
https://twitter.com/ProfAbelMendez/status/1333746829574496259

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

for england, james?

Apr 7, 2003

My wife's employer is making her go in all next week in case any attorneys need support staff. what a load of poo poo.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife's employer is making her go in all next week in case any attorneys need support staff. what a load of poo poo.

herp a derp.

Apr 7, 2003

If she doesn't go in, one of her subordinates will have to. Since we don't have kids, we figure it's better for her to risk herself than one of them.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
that's a very decent thing to do

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/TrishaThadani/status/1333530518579802118

worst city in america

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

hmmm, but not in owner occupied homes? gee, whay might that be?????????

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

hobbesmaster posted:

for england, james?

no, for memes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

President Beep posted:

nobody hates poor people more than rich liberals do

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
word on the street is that curry makes a house smell like curry for eons

is weed the same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I never really enjoy the smell of someone who has been cooking food recently, and has like come into the pharmacy for example. onions or steak..

and people who have been cooking strong curry like foods.. you can tell

it’s not a gross smell, but ugh lmao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

echinopsis posted:

is weed the same

cool. waiting for SF to pass an ordinance prohibiting "ethnic" foods in rentals then too.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tbh i’m surprised it doesn’t exist already

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

is weed the same

no, weed smoke doesn't stink things up 1% as bad as tobacco smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i pray to god that any and all people who desire to can buy their own property so they can do whatever they gently caress they want with it

in nz we banned smoking in almost everywhere lol

you can’t even smoke in your own car by yourself