Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The Hambulance posted:

Arkhamina and Rdevz wanted that incursion gone, and as I recall most of the active Theta people did as well. poo poo had to go away. I think this was before caps could take gates, so stuff could jump out of JU- but not back in, and that was a problem.

Joe Barbarian wasn't in charge of the incursion sig at the time. Whoever I dealt with was pretty pissed that they couldn't farm it, but I just remember telling him "The Direkktorate wants it gone, it's getting killed as fast as possible." Whoever I spoke with was pretty cordial and seemed to understand. Though they were EXTREMELY pissed when the Kundalini was nationalized and we took Main Fleet to kill it in I30. They wanted that Revenant BPC (which didn't drop).

gently caress incursions. Incursion runners are the worst and should be :commissar:

:P

Nationalization is the price you pay for the protective embrace of Imperium CFC Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Good luck delayed heart surgery goon

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

at this point when the war is over incursions may be a relatively stable income stream lol

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I ran incursions with the sig not long after we moved to delve. we were using npc corp alts flying machariels and doing it in LS.

after our group did a couple of slow clears and got chewed out by some psycho fc, i extracted my skills and sold the mach and thats the story of how i made my carrier pilot.

i joined the edencom fleet discord the other day and that guys alt is now running edencom poo poo and is just as insufferable. only now he also RPs

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Otacon posted:

I vaguely remember the drama about this headshot. Plaid Rabbit was the sig leader at the time.

Plaid Rabbit! I couldn't remember that name to save my life. I kind of felt bad for him when that went down. He came across like he was just trying to do right by his guys. Incursions really were "their thing" after all. It just affected critical infrastructure and had to be eradicated.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

at this point when the war is over incursions may be a relatively stable income stream lol

:commissar:

:v:

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Good luck delayed heart surgery goon

:emptyquote:

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
I remember taking an interest in the incursion sig, and then for some reason immediately losing interest shortly after joining. Suddenly the memories are flooding back.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I thought about joining the sig 2 or 3 years ago when Joe Barbarian was leading it then i heard about his constant meltdowns and decided to pass.

Ppl, if you lead a sig, fleets or whatever and you find yourself screaming often, step back take a chill pill and buy a stressball. This is not just for John "gently caress yo jobs" hartley

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
I ran Incursions back when Vily led them. TEST made them awful though. Stole our doctrine and then became the biggest shitlers about fits. gently caress them for ruining a good thing. We used to make 600m an hour easy. Used faction / deadspace fit Legions and Guardians.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i dont remember who led incursion squad when i joined it in like 2018/2019 but i remember it was a girl who FC'd it

or at least who did a lot of the communicating

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

mittens is a WWE heel except the heel wins a lot and the crowd gets more and more worked up

That's unironically the correct way to LARP a non-NPC villain. In fact, we do use wrestling terminology (gimmick, heel, etc).

Eve at the coalition level is a space LARP, except some nerds are in denial about it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

mittens is a WWE heel except the heel wins a lot and the crowd gets more and more worked up

I mean we won an AT round by sticking mittens in a brick tanked ship and baited them on a free mittani kill.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I enjoyed watching a Brave Sir PanFam Eagle fleet come into 1DQ this afternoon, and almost immediately bravely ran away as soon as people started to undock.

Surgical. Methodical.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

CainFortea posted:

I mean we won an AT round by sticking mittens in a brick tanked ship and baited them on a free mittani kill.

link?

ZombieLenin posted:

I enjoyed watching a Brave Sir PanFam Eagle fleet come into 1DQ this afternoon, and almost immediately bravely ran away as soon as people started to undock.

Surgical. Methodical.

The problem isnt the 100 fleets that run away from content. Its the 8pm EST formups of 10000 pubbies. At least thats what I think happened the other night when we didnt just sacrifice ourselves and reinforced their poo poo in t5z instead.

Something that kinda annoys me is listening to goons bitch about being outnumbered. As though goons have not for years criticized these same alliances tryharding with their 200 hac fleet to go get friends and stop bitching about being blobbed. Now that theyve done so... I mean, the moral victory is that everyone is appropriating our methods. We were right all along. or something

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 1, 2020

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

The Hambulance posted:

Plaid Rabbit! I couldn't remember that name to save my life. I kind of felt bad for him when that went down. He came across like he was just trying to do right by his guys. Incursions really were "their thing" after all. It just affected critical infrastructure and had to be eradicated.

He's a good guy, and was definitely looking out for the sig. He got so busy with real life that... certain people... ended up pushing him out and causing a lot of grief.

Dalael posted:

I thought about joining the sig 2 or 3 years ago when Joe Barbarian was leading it then i heard about his constant meltdowns and decided to pass.

Ppl, if you lead a sig, fleets or whatever and you find yourself screaming often, step back take a chill pill and buy a stressball. This is not just for John "gently caress yo jobs" hartley

He was way too abrasive, with a "my way or the highway" attitude. If anyone questioned anything, he would flip and rage out on comms. If you had some skill and generally knew what you were doing he would be easier on you, but he loved making GBS threads on people for the tiniest fuckups. Many people who quit running with us cited him as the reason.

Then again, from hearing his reasoning years ago, when you have 10 ships on field with a combined fleet value of 30-40b, the stakes were pretty high and warranted extra caution... but still, most of us are playing a game - to have fun - not be yelled at by turbospergs.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

My memory was playing tricks on me.

It was a bluff. They assumed we'd field a brick tanked mittens and actually it was a glass cannon.

https://kotaku.com/annual-eve-online-tournament-kicks-off-with-a-daring-bl-1827978424

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
DCG as you know we're kinda broke and, im currently trying to train into a battlecruiser and I know there not the easiest things to get into, I already have all the skillbooks injected, and in the training quee. I just need a loan to get the injectors required to fly one.

I can repay you once I rat & get my dank ticks , Hopefully me and "you" can come to an agreement.

I will also pay interest, for how long it takes to repay you.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i dont remember who led incursion squad when i joined it in like 2018/2019 but i remember it was a girl who FC'd it

or at least who did a lot of the communicating

Amariah Kai. I told her she needed a fax alt named Caldaria or Minmataria.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ZombieLenin posted:

Surgical. Methodical.

Were they accompanied by their favorite minstrels?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Xolve posted:

Were they accompanied by their favorite minstrels?

i literally stumbled upon a panfam stream of them, test, brave, and nc sitting as four blue balls hanging around some dying goon sotiyo.

War is hell. War is gently caress drat rear end poo poo piss hell.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

btw during that stream i asked why they haven't dropped supers on 1dq and was unironically told it's because they need cynos.

:thunk:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Baculus posted:

btw during that stream i asked why they haven't dropped supers on 1dq and was unironically told it's because they need cynos.

:thunk:

Is it no longer a thing for every capital pilot to have at least a couple cyno alts?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

RFC2324 posted:

Is it no longer a thing for every capital pilot to have at least a couple cyno alts?

I think they meant "they need for the system to not be cynojammed." Despite staging 1 jump away.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I think they meant "they need for the system to not be cynojammed." Despite staging 1 jump away.

Awww, thats way less funny

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Why don't they just assault the jump point with their overwhelming force of capitals? Surely even the defenders couldn't chew through 3x their weight in titans before hardeners could come on.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

Why don't they just assault the jump point with their overwhelming force of capitals? Surely even the defenders couldn't chew through 3x their weight in titans before hardeners could come on.

My God you're right if they come through the gate with their supercap fleet we're hosed!

Please Querious Goose don't tell Vily or PGL :ohdear:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I keep forgetting that caps can use gates now.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I ain't afraid of no supercops, whatever they are

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I see your supercap, and raise you a RoboCap

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

RFC2324 posted:

I see your supercap, and raise you a RoboCap

Aren't all those in the southeast regions?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Aren't all those in the southeast regions?

northeast but yeah

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

They got pimp gear tho, I bet

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Their alliance wallet just got dinged for 1T+ so they might have to make payments on said pimp gear

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Floppychop posted:

I keep forgetting that caps can use gates now.

A dread or carrier can go through a gate?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

Their alliance wallet just got dinged for 1T+ so they might have to make payments on said pimp gear

What happened? I'm so out of the loop tucked away krabbing

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

rocketrobot posted:

A dread or carrier can go through a gate?

Both. Also titans and supercarriers.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
AIUI it was from a clawback from banned bots. However, since this is not their first rodeo, they can just ignore the wallet and transfer ownerships around to avoid having to pay it down.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Z the IVth posted:

They are terrified of loss. They refuse to engage in any situation that is even remotely risky for them. Despite having a 3:1 numbers advantage and bot money from FRT/AoM. A lot of it has to do with TEST. We've stated that, if an all-out titan brawl happens, that we would primary TEST first. That way, even if we died horribly, we'd ruin their ability to persist as a first-rate 0.0 alliance by castrating their fleet. This has made them extremely cautious about engagements.

Problem is, their abundance of caution has forced them to become "defenders." They are only willing to engage our keepstars under cover of a friendly cyno jammer. To do this, they have to defend any given system for 35 days. This is extremely beneficial to us, because fozziesov overwhelmingly favors attackers. Not only that, but because of the vagaries of this trash sov system, you only count as a "defender" if you are in the alliance who owns the sov structure in question. This affords us a huge amount of flexibility in defense of our region, because we don't actually have to defend it in the traditional sense and suffer the penalties that the defender gets in fozziesov.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Jazzzzz posted:

Negwallets are the least effective punishment there is. They'll just abandon the corporation in question and start a new one, allowing them to ignore the negwallet.

Now, if transferring a structure had a 100 isk cost associated with it...

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Both. Also titans and supercarriers.

Well what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Negwallets are the least effective punishment there is. They'll just abandon the corporation in question and start a new one, allowing them to ignore the negwallet.

Now, if transferring a structure had a 100 isk cost associated with it...

Maybe CCP just shouldn't allow structures to be transferred if you have a neg wallet.