Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
But it's not even meta. You're over explaining it because you did it when not town

This post is like a Shrek onion I'm still peeling away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I just want town to ponder on something. Sandwolf has called two of his town reads based solely on them saying binus isn’t scum posting. GG has barely posted by then and taste had like 3 post joke phase posts with about 20 words total, does no one else find that odd?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

He then got defensive when I pressed him on it and decided I was scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I take pride in my drunkposting still being coherent if you hate words so much go play fuckin Among Us instead it's super popular right now and you can get by with just sayin "looks sus" at people like seriously who signs up for a game about communication and complains that much at game start except a giant fuckin tosser

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

IA is acting kinda scummy to me. I am probably going to double down on this Obama lunch because of the people who are coming in and lightly defending Obama without really sticking up for him like RF. IA is at least fully sticking up for Obama but I really don’t see the case at all. IA pooping out a lumpenlist on nearly every player feels kinda tonally off for D1, too.

I’m also a little suspicious of Bif but I am not going to lunch her D1 so whoever was barking up that tree would be better off waiting.

Here he is saying he’s going to double down on the case against me based on other player’s actions. Like scum have never tried to defend town in an attempt to distance themselves from a lunch

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Obama, Bif, maybe Yami

All feeling scum

Fair warning I didn’t read pages 10-16

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Bifauxnen posted:

I take pride in my drunkposting still being coherent if you hate words so much go play fuckin Among Us instead it's super popular right now and you can get by with just sayin "looks sus" at people like seriously who signs up for a game about communication and complains that much at game start except a giant fuckin tosser

Who’s this directed at?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Who’s this directed at?

Take a wild loving guess mate

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Mr. Humalong posted:

Obama, Bif, maybe Yami

All feeling scum

Are you even trying?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

I just feel like the momentum suddenly dumping out of Obama is increased suspicion that they're scum. If they were town, why would they not slowly be accumulating votes, they haven't done anything particularly townie other than call ALL the people voting him scum, so I don't know why the scum, IF OBAMA WERE TOWN, wouldn't be joining the bandwagon.

Here’s the post I really can’t stop thinking about. He’s frustrated that the push for me has lost momentum so has concocted a reason why that also means I’m scum! Couldn’t possibly be multiple reasons why all the scum aren’t voting for me! (several people hadn’t even participated properly by this point)

Seriously does no one else see how bad that post is?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Here’s the post I really can’t stop thinking about. He’s frustrated that the push for me has lost momentum so has concocted a reason why that also means I’m scum! Couldn’t possibly be multiple reasons why all the scum aren’t voting for me! (several people hadn’t even participated properly by this point)

Nope

##vote Obama

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Bifauxnen posted:

Take a wild loving guess mate

I honestly don’t know that why I’m asking? Hopefully not me, I feel like I’ve got a persecution complex at the moment

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well ok actually looking at Sandwolf's content again, instead of just how much I don't like your responses, I will concede that is not the best post from him no. I didn't mind it though since I already thought you were scum regardless of how the votes move around you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I honestly don’t know that why I’m asking? Hopefully not me, I feel like I’ve got a persecution complex at the moment

Lol no it's Squiggly whose freakin opening move this game was "ugh I don't wanna read Bif posts" cmon

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I just noticed squiggly complained about your drunk posting so I guess I’m dumb

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Man how does a forum game give me such an adrenaline rush lmao

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Bifauxnen posted:

Well ok actually looking at Sandwolf's content again, instead of just how much I don't like your responses, I will concede that is not the best post from him no. I didn't mind it though since I already thought you were scum regardless of how the votes move around you

Well hopefully if I’m lunched people will actually take my points seriously

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Man how does a forum game give me such an adrenaline rush lmao

Oooh you've caught the bug~

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Just for that ok I'll unvote you for now

It's still bugging me a lot that my RF case isn't getting as much attention

##vote RF

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

Obama, Bif, maybe Yami

All feeling scum

This feels like one of those "draw 3 names out of a hat and include a scumbo in it" kind of posts tbh.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I just want town to ponder on something. Sandwolf has called two of his town reads based solely on them saying binus isn’t scum posting. GG has barely posted by then and taste had like 3 post joke phase posts with about 20 words total, does no one else find that odd?

Hmm these are all good points.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Ok i think you’ve convinced me. I’ll ##vote sandwolf

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I just woke up and haven’t yet had coffee so I’m probably missing wherever this post is, but it’s not like Sandwolf has been shy about calling GG town the entirety of the day, from a quick skim through their history. B- is mentioned in passing but SW has certainly said more in addition:

Sandwolf posted:

Think this is where I’m at. A little worried he’s just learning from recent scumgames but I think he seemed earnest.

Sandwolf posted:

this is a weird time for this aside but I feel strongly about GG as town this game already

Sandwolf posted:

GG’s had a couple posts that offhandedly mirror what I myself had been thinking. You don’t have to agree with me but last game I let feelings like this be too nebulous. I’m not gonna vote GG today and anyone trying to push GG is suspicious to me.

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think Scumball makes these posts, these are town posts.

Sandwolf posted:

My order of preference today is, rn: Obama -> IA -> AC i guess

rough town read on taste, strong town read on GG

Sandwolf posted:

Is this the other post you’re referring to Yami? Cuz it’s not great but I see town thinking behind it.

Sandwolf posted:

This looks like someone to me who is very self-conscious, almost paranoid, about trusting the strong town voices from the FF9 game. I don’t see that as something scum would even think to feign.

Sandwolf posted:

GG is very obviously making a joke with that first point. It’s a joke, I laughed. Is it devoid of any greater point? No, he’s making a point there, which I somewhat agree with, I don’t see why you people are so insistent on painting GG as scummy when he’s very obviously town.

To make a point: I did this with both Ceyton and Rhjamiz in FF9 mafia - I was correct on both accounts.

Feel free to disagree with me but you won’t be convincing me to think GG is scum.

I’ll have to go looking for the Taste piece again because I didn’t see that one either, but I disagree that whatever read Sandwolf has on GG has anything to do with B- based on the above.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Obama looking much better today after reading recent posts. I feel like they stopped getting defensive and omgusy and are actually looking at the game in a constructive way. ##unvote

I am gonna go back and take a look at a few people I have suspicions about and will report back.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m gone for the next few hours, should be back around noon Pacific.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

Just for that ok I'll unvote you for now

It's still bugging me a lot that my RF case isn't getting as much attention

##vote RF

:thunk:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

So I just re-read Obama and his posting feels more like newbie self conscious than scum self conscious to me.

Is votefinder accurate in that they only played 10 games, 9 of which where 7-9 years ago?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yami Fenrir posted:

So I just re-read Obama and his posting feels more like newbie self conscious than scum self conscious to me.

Is votefinder accurate in that they only played 10 games, 9 of which where 7-9 years ago?

Mostly, I’ve played 3 games recently though not 1.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Hello folks I don't want to clog up the thread a lot more but for meta purposes, since I am town this game I need to get in some drunkposting while I can cause I had a big run once of only doing it while I was scum or SK and I really gotta balance the scales

SUCK A gently caress SQUIGGLY

ok that might do for now

##vote bif what the gently caress is this scummy as gently caress post

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

Obama looking much better today after reading recent posts. I feel like they stopped getting defensive and omgusy and are actually looking at the game in a constructive way. ##unvote

I am gonna go back and take a look at a few people I have suspicions about and will report back.

strong disagree, it's very obvious to me Akbar got a pep-talk in scumchat. For example: he apologizes for being so OMGUS-y, and aww y'know, he gets why that's scummy now, really!

So he follows it up by throwing mud at me, who has been accusing him of scum most of the game, and I truly don't know why or how he's calling me scum. He even said it was mostly gut lol

b-minus1 posted:

Ok i think you’ve convinced me. I’ll ##vote sandwolf

like, great work binus, really top stuff

so weird to me that someone get's to -4 on D1, carries heat for a couple days, and then here, on deadline day, will slip the noose

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

apostateCourier posted:

Morning lol AC it is literally exactly what it says on the tin

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

apostateCourier posted:

anyone trying to make Bif happen needs to reexamine themselves. Bif isn't happening today, short of Bif scumclaiming. She's a high content poster who keeps the game running and, much like myself when I am scum, the longer you keep her around the harder her scumgame is to play

her DRUNKENLY referring to her own meta is not a fuckin' slam dunk jfc

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

he almost just won as scum were it not for a town with a vig and a wild hair up their rear end, this newbie argument doesn't hold weight anymore

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

he almost just won as scum were it not for a town with a vig and a wild hair up their rear end, this newbie argument doesn't hold weight anymore

Which game is that?

I've been on a long hiatus and FF9 is the last game I've played in like, a year.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Referee posted:

I just woke up and haven’t yet had coffee so I’m probably missing wherever this post is, but it’s not like Sandwolf has been shy about calling GG town the entirety of the day, from a quick skim through their history. B- is mentioned in passing but SW has certainly said more in addition:

I’ll have to go looking for the Taste piece again because I didn’t see that one either, but I disagree that whatever read Sandwolf has on GG has anything to do with B- based on the above.

also, part of Akbar's case on me, some sort of contrived connection to binus? is just bullshit, it's just false. on binus himself I have a neutral read on

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Which game is that?

I've been on a long hiatus and FF9 is the last game I've played in like, a year.

bring yer own halloween costume by Cena

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf please tell me you aren't scum this town is gonna need so much help when I'm gone one way or the other

And yeah I'm getting suspicious of AC some more again cause it feels like she laid low then ignored all my reams of content in between until she could find a post that'd give her enough excuse to vote me. And ironically it's not even one where I'm not making loads of subtle gut reads or sarcastic implications, but literally saying exactly what I am doing and that's the one she doesn't understand what's up with it?

The fact that I'm getting this much pushback makes me feel pretty good about my reads though when I'm wrong scum love to let me lead the way

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Sandwolf please tell me you aren't scum this town is gonna need so much help when I'm gone one way or the other

And yeah I'm getting suspicious of AC some more again cause it feels like she laid low then ignored all my reams of content in between until she could find a post that'd give her enough excuse to vote me. And ironically it's not even one where I'm not making loads of subtle gut reads or sarcastic implications, but literally saying exactly what I am doing and that's the one she doesn't understand what's up with it?

The fact that I'm getting this much pushback makes me feel pretty good about my reads though when I'm wrong scum love to let me lead the way

I am town, and I see a case on AC, but I'm not so interested in doing AC today

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

And yeah I'm getting suspicious of AC some more again cause it feels like she laid low then ignored all my reams of content in between until she could find a post that'd give her enough excuse to vote me. And ironically it's not even one where I'm not making loads of subtle gut reads or sarcastic implications,

Fix my double negative there thanks I've only had like three and a half hours sleep

Also I agree on Obama overall, Sandwolf. Obama has had some better sounding posts (the adrenaline one inspired me to just look elsewhere and think for a while cause that is so "my brain on town"), but that isn't enough to exonerate him yet imo. I also think he's quite possibly just regrouped and changed his method of attack. And it wasn't coming off well to me at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

I am town, and I see a case on AC, but I'm not so interested in doing AC today

Yeah RF Squigs or Obama would be fine for today