Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I had saved for, rolled, and acquired Zhongli because he just looks so dapper and I wanted him to be another dps carry.

He probably still will be in abyss but in the process of getting him I went from C0->C6 on Razor, who was my previous carry. Still using him while I go through domains to get Zhongli some gear and, drat, I might need to stick with Razor when I'm just using a single party because C6 Razor absolutely rips poo poo. It's unreal.

Fortunately since Zhongli is able to provide jade shield, normal geo shields, and his burst both doing absurd damage and providing some quick CC even for big enemies, he's actually a pretty solid pairing with Razor. Razor just wants to sit in the enemy's face and left click repeatedly until they're all tiny chunks on the floor and that's a bunch of tools that let Razor do just that without worrying nearly as much about the enemies doing, well, anything.

Goes to show the Gacha has more of a say in your party composition than you do, sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Having a 20 second duration shield for Razor sounds pretty amazing. Razor comps can have extra room for odd support units so it sounds perfect for him tbh.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hey are any of these worth it?

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone talk about them.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Yeah, I meant to ask, would it be worth getting the bow for childe until I can pick venerer next battle pass?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

As I understand it crit and crit damage are the strongest stats endgame, so they do pretty well there, depending on what else you have available.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Osmosisch posted:

As I understand it crit and crit damage are the strongest stats endgame, so they do pretty well there, depending on what else you have available.

Yeah, I picked Viridescent Hunt up this BP and watched my Childe's damage basically double. Plus I'm now rocking a 63% Crit Chance which, uh, rules.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is Viridescent Hunt good for Childe over an R2 Rust due to how his crit interacts with his symbol proc? I haven't opened my battlepass yet and I'm still thinking about my choice.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MarcusSA posted:

Over a character (even constellation), no.

And for future reference as far as sword options, we get a free Refine 5 4-star sword in the Dec. 23rd event.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

They're universally pretty bad compared to blackcliff (which was in the shop last month and will probably be in the shop next month).

Mae posted:

Yeah, I meant to ask, would it be worth getting the bow for childe until I can pick venerer next battle pass?
It's not a good weapon and is only a smallish improvement over Prototype Crescent. I'd just use whatever you have laying around instead, or wait until next month.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
When you have made more money than anyone expected:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1334149308380180481

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, got a prototype claymore from Childe today, so I'll be holding onto that for 1.2 to see if the new thing ends up outclassing the Aminus.

Tae posted:

Over a character (even constellation), no.

And for future reference as far as sword options, we get a free Refine 5 4-star sword in the Dec. 23rd event.

Oh? What do we know there? This is new to me.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the royal stuff is probably not bad but it just seems like such a roundabout way to get crits vs artifacts and actual crit% weapons. though buying it as just a stopgap until a better weapon should disqualify it outright imo, since it doesn't seem like a weapon that would see much use as a handmedown to justify that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Roland Jones posted:

Well, got a prototype claymore from Childe today, so I'll be holding onto that for 1.2 to see if the new thing ends up outclassing the Aminus.

Oh? What do we know there? This is new to me.

https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/festering_fang/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

They're universally pretty bad compared to blackcliff (which was in the shop last month and will probably be in the shop next month).

Oh! I guess I didn’t pay attention that they rotated.

I don’t need any of them I was more just curious if they would be worth it.

Thanks guys!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
having never pulled qiqi, I am finally bothering with violetgrass for the first time in two months

why are you like this mihoyo

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Pitybroken by Jean on the Zhongli banner, fml.

I have totally emptied the coffers, and collected almost every easy source of primogems in the game. Looks like I get to wait ~3-6 months for my next pity at this rate, maybe I will have enough purple exp tomes to level a character up by then.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

RoboCicero posted:

Zhongli, Childe, and Jean are my 5*s. Would Childe with Bolide, Zhongli with Archaic Petra, and Jean with Viridescent Venerer work at all (and Fischl or another elemental support as the last slot)? Or should I just split him off and put him on his own team?

Reposthing this question from a few pages ago. I just want to make sure I'm not totally barking up the wrong tree here!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Scoss posted:

Pitybroken by Jean on the Zhongli banner, fml.

I have totally emptied the coffers, and collected almost every easy source of primogems in the game. Looks like I get to wait ~3-6 months for my next pity at this rate, maybe I will have enough purple exp tomes to level a character up by then.

If it's any consolation, Jean's a really great and flexible character who will undoubtedly help in Abyss. And if you care about tier lists, Zhongli is currently getting trashed by everyone, lol.

RoboCicero posted:

Reposthing this question from a few pages ago. I just want to make sure I'm not totally barking up the wrong tree here!

I had this idea too. I think it's worth trying, but may end up being too cumbersome to pull off. Such is Geo.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

What's my best single target comp here? Right now I have Childe and Ning leveled and equipped as DPSs but I wonder if there's a build I can make that'll go even harder?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Pro tip: when you're on the map, you can click on your resin and it'll tell you exactly how much time you have until it's fully replenished.

It's a small thing but I've never heard anyone else mention it and I've been doing annoying resin math this whole time!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jinnigan posted:

What's my best single target comp here? Right now I have Childe and Ning leveled and equipped as DPSs but I wonder if there's a build I can make that'll go even harder?
Imo those are the right choices. Tart is weird but I'm not really bothered by his cooldowns, if you really want to always have a good auto attacker you can use him with Crescent Pike Xiangling but I prefer building pyro+ER on Xiangling given the floor 12 buff.

People talk a lot about Childe (and recently Keqing) as being inferior 5* DPS but they're still better at it than almost every 4*, with the only real contenders being Ninguang and Razor.

Are you trying to build a comp specifically for floor 12? Normally I'd put Tart/Bennett/Xiangling on a team together but floor 12 might make you want to split them up.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the real zhongli tech is his spikes are the tallest climbable player made objects so definitely the way to go if you want to find wierd ways to get outside the map in dungeons

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jinnigan posted:

Childe has great single target but you want a second competent dps for when he's waiting on his big cooldowns, so Childe+Ning on the same team is pretty good. Especially since Ning is over C2 so you can do big burst damage with the screen->burst->screen every time you swap off childe again. Her burst charges fast enough that you can probably do that every time.

For maximum turbo dps you want viridescent venerer procs to reduce enemy hydro res since Childe is pure elemental. I'd either go for Childe+Ning+Venti+Bennett or Childe+Ning+Jean+Fischl, not sure which would be better.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mailer posted:

Yeah, stuff would be different if I had a 5* healer but oof. The solution is Chong and he's magical. Bonus points for owning Oceanid in the face.

I mean, probably, but if I pulled for him I'd probably be a bit miffed. Mechanics-wise, pulling Diluc and pulling ZL is massively different. The 5* supports we've seen have been best in class at their jobs. Ditto for the 5* carries. Jean is a bit of an outlier but she fits into every team so she's definitely a 5*. Childe, in the non-C6 sense, is not there. Zhong Li is also not there.

Diluc/Klee/Keqing are a terrible baseline to have, but Mihoyo created it, so there ya go.

Jean is really good specifically becauss she can feed venti more energy to ult exactly on cooldown

Zhongli is a powerful 5* the problem is his power is in his defence, which most content you don't necessarily need

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Stormgale posted:

Jean is really good specifically becauss she can feed venti more energy to ult exactly on cooldown

Zhongli is a powerful 5* the problem is his power is in his defence, which most content you don't necessarily need

Even without venti, Jean can use the super-busted Venerer set while also fitting in your team's healer slot, which lets you be a lot more flexible with team compositions. It means you can have a good healer and the venerer damage without having to sacrifice anything from your other 3 party slots.

e:
Does anyone have any tips on farming the max-level Domain of Guyun?
It gives you two [s]fatui[s] ice mages to fight but then it has a stage modifier that blasts you for 50% of your hp if you trigger melt, so you can't use the element that actually counters cryo shields.
The 'intended' solution is to slowly chip away at their shields with electro, and the domain even gives a bonus to superconduct procs or something, but it's so slow that way.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 2, 2020

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RoboCicero posted:

I've been thinking something similar too. I'd try Childe with a two piece bolide at first and see if you can keep the shield up most of the time. If you can it would be amazing. Doing a tiny bit of testing with Klee, the Geo pillar Zhong makes just constantly pulses out pretty red crystals to fuel her shield. How practical that is in a battle where it matters is an open question.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Even without venti, Jean can use the super-busted Venerer set while also fitting in your team's healer slot, which lets you be a lot more flexible with team compositions. It means you can have a good healer and the venerer damage without having to sacrifice anything from your other 3 party slots.

e:
It gives you two fatui ice mages to fight but then it has a stage modifier that blasts you for 50% of your hp if you trigger melt, so you can't use the element that actually counters cryo shields.
The 'intended' solution is to slowly chip away at their shields with electro, and the domain even gives a bonus to superconduct procs or something, but it's so slow that way.
Electro takes cryo shields down pretty fast. It seems faster than taking down hydro, the element it's allegedly supposed to counter.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

e:
It gives you two fatui ice mages to fight but then it has a stage modifier that blasts you for 50% of your hp if you trigger melt, so you can't use the element that actually counters cryo shields.

Yes but i'm just saying, she's not just good for flexibility. She's part of a very strong comp as it stands.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

e:

I just use Klee to eat the shields, plus Jean's field to keep her alive. You only need to get the shield down then use whoever to finish. I use XQ and Jean to toss and then water spike the mages once their shields are down. Those are abyss mages btw.

Edit: my full comp for that one is Klee, Xingqiu, Fischl, and Jean.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 2, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tsyni posted:

I just use Klee to eat the shields, plus Jean's field to keep her alive. You only need to get the shield down then use whoever to finish. I use XQ and Jean to toss and then water spike the mages once their shields are down. Those are abyss mages btw.

Edit: my full comp for that one is Klee, Xingqiu, Fischl, and Jean.

This was my comp till I got Diona. Fischl is still way more damage but diona with sac bow lets me constantly cycle through bursts. I'm effectively immortal as long as the character doesnt get one shotted. Just swap out klee for razor when things dont play nice with fire.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

what would make for a good 3rd and 4th with Zhongli and Klee? Feeling Fischl and Xingqiu?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

No Wave posted:

Imo those are the right choices. Tart is weird but I'm not really bothered by his cooldowns, if you really want to always have a good auto attacker you can use him with Crescent Pike Xiangling but I prefer building pyro+ER on Xiangling given the floor 12 buff.

People talk a lot about Childe (and recently Keqing) as being inferior 5* DPS but they're still better at it than almost every 4*, with the only real contenders being Ninguang and Razor.

Are you trying to build a comp specifically for floor 12? Normally I'd put Tart/Bennett/Xiangling on a team together but floor 12 might make you want to split them up.

yeah, i'm really only on floor 8 but looking forward into the abyss i'm not sure how to think about building up 2 separate teams. playing around childe's cooldown in these time attacks requires a lot more thought than the entire rest of the game :V

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AAB posted:

what would make for a good 3rd and 4th with Zhongli and Klee? Feeling Fischl and Xingqiu?

That or another fire like Xianling instead of Fischl if you have her constellations that let her shred fire res that way you gain the fire bonus too. XQ is too good with Klee to not use

Fischl is nice as a carry for when you cant kill things with fire, so is phys xianling but not to that extent I think.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

my XQ has 3 constellation, so I'll go with that!

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Ah, the Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Anyone got some early reviews for Xinyan and Zong Li?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

lagidnam posted:

When you have made more money than anyone expected:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1334149308380180481

This is just the "Klee sends you random poo poo" event but with different wallpaper.

I wonder if they plan ahead a time how many primogems they give away in a patch and then divide them up among the bugs as they are fixed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Does anyone have a good video or guide on how to use Diona correctly? I really feel like I’m missing something. I have her to C6 and I dunno... just seems off.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Does anyone have a good video or guide on how to use Diona correctly? I really feel like I’m missing something. I have her to C6 and I dunno... just seems off.

this one seemed pretty good to me with a lot of demonstration of her use in Abyss in addition to general character breakdown and gearing tips

https://youtu.be/IDoOsrcwPok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Either sacrificial bow or favonious warbow + some crit from artifacts. Artifacts imo should be noblesse with Energy recharge sands and HP mainstat everything else (helm can be crit rate or healing or HP depending on which noblesse pieces you own/how she looks otherwise). There's not much to her besides holding E when it's up then pressing Q when it's up, her ascension stat being cryo damage is just a troll and her C4 is a gag.

Her healing shouldn't be lacking if she has a lot of HP. If you're really concerned about it you could go maiden beloved instead but I think she's so right for noblesse and if you're like me you'll have a lot of noblesse HP pieces from farming them for other characters.

In terms of using her C6, you'll want pyro for fat melts.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 2, 2020