Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I really hope prego means "you're welcome" because that's what I just answered to an Italian guy.

"eyyy gabagool" always works too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Whenever I'm at an Italian joint I just speak to the waitstaff using nothing but Mario 64 voice clips, seems to work alright

> Sir how was your meal
https://www.mariomayhem.com/downloads/sounds/mario_64_sound_effects/mario-scream.WAV

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cold on a Cob posted:

yep

if ya got kids do them and yourself a favour and buy a house in the Great Lakes region now

there's nowhere to run really

the great lakes region is expected to have greatly increased flooding and if the trade winds continue to weaken will also become (much more of) a frozen moonscape

pacific northwest might be a good bet, assuming the cascadia fault doesn't wreck the place up

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

there's nowhere to run really

the great lakes region is expected to have greatly increased flooding and if the trade winds continue to weaken will also become (much more of) a frozen moonscape

pacific northwest might be a good bet, assuming the cascadia fault doesn't wreck the place up

yeah, we're finally hitting a progress trap we can't get away from fully but some areas will be better than others

don't buy waterfront property though, that's for sure

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cold on a Cob posted:

don't buy waterfront property though, that's for sure

well, not in florida that's for sure

hilly, higher elevation coastal places like portland maine should be fine

(most of the east coast is hosed tho)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the gta already has a shitload of flooding problems, can't wait to see what climate change does to make it worse

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

still waiting on the fault to slip and cause another tsunami wiping out half the west coast

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

They'll be islands tho. So buy a boat too.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
still chuckling at Bluetooth pussy thermometer

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

kitten emergency posted:

I'm still chuckling at the idea it uses an open-enough format to allow transfer of data to three apps rather than Withing's bespoke one.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

TCP/IP

(Temperature Collecting Probe/ Inside Pussy)

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

kitten emergency posted:

its a shame usernames are limited to 18 char

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PokeJoe posted:

TCP/IP

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

btpt works though the joke is probably unrecognized outside the thread.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

PokeJoe posted:

TCP/IP

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I guess I could make bt pussy probe and the pic work

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

BTPPInMyKnickers

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lollin at all the losers with <= 18 char usernames

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

communities of practice

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PokeJoe posted:

TCP/IP

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
this week has been horrible. I've been getting paged in the middle of the night (and day) constantly.

It's been a disaster preparing for my big migration tomorrow. All the dev environments where I tested this environment were relatively painless to set up but jesus christ everything went wrong this week in preparing. Insane bullshit issues the whole way.

I have no idea what kind of insane subtle differences I'm going to find in prod that aren't present in any of the dev environments.

I'm as prepared as I'm going to be ahead of time now. Doesn't make me feel better about it though.

spinnaker has been broken for days and nobody knows how to fix it and the team I keep telling to revert their breaking changes isn't doing it, or does it and then reapplies later to break it again. datascience wants to run airflow in kubernetes and apparently has quarterly commitments to do this despite just bringing it up like last week (????). everything is bad

that stupid team with their fancy glorified regex compiler that needs to enable horizontal pod autoscaling because for the last 24 months they've just instead let 96 c5.2xls sit at 3% load for 23 hours a day wasting a few hundo grand still isn't doing it despite me explicitly having a meeting yesterday where i did all the work for them and told them to press the merge PR button. maybe they didn't because spinnaker was broken idfk i didn't have time to even check up on that.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 3, 2020

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
dang that sounds like a shitload of people involved.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

President Beep posted:

dang that sounds like a shitload of people involved.

there is going to be 10 people looking at me sharing my screen in a zoom call as I copy paste commands and script executions out of a runbook that I wrote. Will take somewhere between 1-3 hours.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Methanar posted:

there is going to be 10 people looking at me sharing my screen in a zoom call as I copy paste commands and script executions out of a runbook that I wrote. Will take somewhere between 1-3 hours.

do you expect them to micromanage you or will they have the decency to shut the gently caress up while you do it?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Midjack posted:

do you expect them to micromanage you or will they have the decency to shut the gently caress up while you do it?

the context is computer touching

search your feelings

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Midjack posted:

Everybody has been good about radio silence and just doing their part when I call it out from the runbook in the two trial runs in the dev environments so far.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

the context is computer touching

search your feelings

yeah i know, that's the good thing about doing heavy infrastructure work in the middle of the night. most dipshit bossmasters won't stay up in the middle of the night to watch you janitor command lines.

Methanar posted:

Everybody has been good about radio silence and just doing their part when I call it out from the runbook in the two trial runs in the dev environments so far.

good.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
at least you don’t have aids

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

echinopsis posted:

at least you don’t have aids

idk sounds like some help would be appreciated

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

President Beep posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my dinner was like 60% brussels sprouts tonight and boy am i farting a whole lot about it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

my dinner was like 60% brussels sprouts tonight and boy am i farting a whole lot about it

same but a whole pound of baby asparagus and boy am i peeing funny about it :yum:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my wife and i split an avocado and a banana for breakfast and i feel normal

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

i made deep fried brussel sprouts for turkey day and god drat are those good

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
normally when roasting them i cut them in half and toss them in oil and salt, but if i've got the time, roasting them whole is soooo good they end up almost creamy in the middle

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
do you just do it at a little lower temp or what? brussels sprouts are the single item that has moved farthest on the hated to eat to massively enjoy spectrum for me.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
yeah after trimming the bottoms and removing any loose or discolored outer leaves

normally i do halved sprouts at 425 for about half an hour, for whole it's 400 for more like 40-45 minutes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

i read a lot of words that gave the impression that’s he’s a smart and skilled and talented and under huge stress and thought a tasteless unhelpful joke would be worthless addition hence why i posted

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

reminder

Kazinsal posted:

methanar you got threadbanned from other places on SA for making their threads your weird incel depression journal

gently caress off out of this one as well you creepy racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i reckon dudes ok

but don’t forget there’s a sad chat thread if u need it