Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Around what level should you be when you attempt the Old Hunters DLC in blood borne? I mean I already ran in there for the whirligig saw but where should I be when I try it for real?

When the Old Hunters originally came out I had just entered NG+ so it was BRUTAL. I’m interested in trying it out at a more reasonable difficulty..

it should be the last thing you do before beating the game tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Augus posted:

it should be the last thing you do before beating the game tbqh

Agreed. It was significantly more difficult in every way than anything in the base game. Regular mobs are incredibly dangerous and the bosses are on another level entirely.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Around what level should you be when you attempt the Old Hunters DLC in blood borne? I mean I already ran in there for the whirligig saw but where should I be when I try it for real?

When the Old Hunters originally came out I had just entered NG+ so it was BRUTAL. I’m interested in trying it out at a more reasonable difficulty..

If you're particularly eager to do it, level 60 is about the lowest that it's reasonable. But waiting until you do everything else in the game also works (so probably 80+). It's the hardest non Chalice stuff in the game.

Just don't accidentally trigger an ending!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Do it before the final boss imo

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Somewhere between level 60 to 90. Probably on the higher end of that scale.

Main story (minus last boss) > DLC > Chalice Dungeons > Last boss.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Which is, incidentally, about the level range you should be at by the time you fight Rom.

Higher level/going there later will make it easier, of course, but that's what I'd call the earliest point by which it starts becoming survivable.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Simone Magus posted:

There isn't even a thread for Bugsnax. I feel like everyone burned out while it was still just a meme and nobody's actually playing it and it's really really good :(

It was wonderful and I loved it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It was wonderful and I loved it too but there's just not a lot to talk about there (ironically). The story and gameplay are pretty straightforward and it doesn't have multiplayer or a ton of optional content or anything else that would give it a long tail.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

haveblue posted:

It was wonderful and I loved it too but there's just not a lot to talk about there (ironically). The story and gameplay are pretty straightforward and it doesn't have multiplayer or a ton of optional content or anything else that would give it a long tail.

VaatiVidya: A Quick Summary of Bugsnax Lore (2:08:55)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I did appreciate that the trophy for completing all the character interviews is actually named "Talkin' Bout Bugsnax" though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

dantheman650 posted:

Agreed. It was significantly more difficult in every way than anything in the base game. Regular mobs are incredibly dangerous and the bosses are on another level entirely.

I thought it was a lot easier and the weapons made most of the base game almost trivial tbh

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
loving lol how broken is this game on pre-patch

https://twitter.com/GameLeaksRumors/status/1334219584543608834

edit:oh wait, i think thats the install, just realized its ps5 and it shows you the install progress in the download tab now, since theres no time remaining, its coping from disc. the blueness of his loving monitor threw me off, because that menu is actually grey lol

edit2: or not, dude confirmed the download. may or may not be the ps5 enhanced stuff rather than the actual day 1 patch.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 2, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Memories of putting Witcher 3 in and it downloading a 50gb patch before I had proper broadband :allears:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Memories of putting Witcher 3 in and it downloading a 50gb patch before I had proper broadband :allears:

og xbox one copies are in the wild... we're almost at the promised land.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

og xbox one copies are in the wild... we're almost at the promised land.

omg

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

edit:oh wait, i think thats the install, just realized its ps5 and it shows you the install progress in the download tab now, since theres no time remaining, its coping from disc. the blueness of his loving monitor threw me off, because that menu is actually grey lol

edit2: or not, dude confirmed the download. may or may not be the ps5 enhanced stuff rather than the actual day 1 patch.
I don't think there are any next-gen enhancements until January or something. Just CDPR things, probably.

Hopefully digital owners will download the patched version. Wonder how the XSX preloading feature will work for CP2077, too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IIRC the plan is that at launch it will not support next-gen, shortly after launch there will be a bare minimum next-gen upgrade that boosts resolution and frame rate, and some time later there will be a "true" next-gen upgrade that introduces stuff like ray tracing.

Digital copies will download whatever was the latest version at the time of download, if the patch is already live then digital downloads started now should be up to date.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ufarn posted:

I don't think there are any next-gen enhancements until January or something. Just CDPR things, probably.

Hopefully digital owners will download the patched version. Wonder how the XSX preloading feature will work for CP2077, too.

no theres is next gen enhancements on day 1, and then the actual full next gen stuff with raytracing and all that is "sometime in 2021"

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
How’s the new Spider-Man on ps4 pro? I don’t feel like getting a ps5 yet.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Rolo posted:

Runs really good and you get the ps5 version for free and can transfer saves.

The worst knock against it is that it's rather a short game and you can 100% it (including ng+ for trophies) in under 16 hours probably.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What's going on with Cyberpunk pre-orders through PSN? I went to it in my Library, there's a download button so I pressed it but it just went back to the page with the download button and didn't start downloading anything.

Usually with pre-orders, there's a countdown page and you can enable Auto-Download and it'll give you an expected download date. I pressed the three dots next to the Download button and there's a countdown page, so I pressed that and it briefly loads a countdown page before going back to the page with the Download button.

Seems broken!

Rolo posted:

Some frame drops in areas with a lot going on, but otherwise I played through the whole thing with no problem. Obviously it would be better with the almost non-existent loads of the PS5 version but it's not like the PS4 version is broken or anything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds like what happened with the Cold Steel 4 preorders so I would be prepared for it to not work until someone figures out what went wrong, which took about 36 hours after it was supposed to unlock for that rip.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

FF7R shipped in nearly flawless condition with no patch for 6 months, and yet the people demanded yet more eurojank

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

FF7R shipped in nearly flawless condition with no patch for 6 months, and yet the people demanded yet more eurojank

Interesting because the "can't wear the Wall Market dresses in combat and also give Barrett the sailor suit" bug and the "Cloud never returned Jessie's advances" bug were not only egregious but still have yet to be patched??

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sakurazuka posted:

Sounds like what happened with the Cold Steel 4 preorders so I would be prepared for it to not work until someone figures out what went wrong, which took about 36 hours after it was supposed to unlock for that rip.
Well that's not as bad as it could be.

The size hasn't been announced yet, has it? (The game size, not the patch size.) I'm expecting it to be huge, so I wanted it to start downloading as early as possible.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Size doesn't really tell you anything, especially if it's sound files. Rainbow just had a 64 gb patch, so it's just whatever.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5miZjCNdJpA

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Omg it’s real

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Broken Eurojank>>>>>>>>>>perfect JRPG

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

100% agree

Give me Boiling Point: Road to Hell over Chrono Trigger any day

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Chrono Trigger isn’t the perfect RPG.

It’s a game about positioning where you can’t control your party

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The perfect JRPG is now FF7 Remake, wrap it Chronoailures

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i'd sacrifice every last one of you to kos, or as some say, kosm, for a new chrono trigger/remake. hell, i'd do it for just acknowledgement from square that it exists. :colbert:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Chrono trigger remake is the first thing that came to mind when I started up DQXI

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

veni veni veni posted:

let the anime into your soul

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fridge corn posted:

Chrono trigger remake is the first thing that came to mind when I started up DQXI

Even CT had more interesting combat than that. Not by much mind you but still.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't hate all anime. Just 99.99% of it.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 3, 2020

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

veni veni veni posted:

I don't hate all anime. Just 99.99% of it.

I feel the same way about your posts:grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You should have bought my Posts of the Year Edition with all of the DLC.