Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Crap, well at least it’s going out while it’s ahead. Hopefully we’ll get a decent finale out of this at the very least.

Anyway, we’ve still got the Darkwing Duck reboot to look forward to (though it’s being made by a different team and there’s a possibility it might not follow the story this show set up for those characters).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Xelkelvos posted:

Is there merch for it because there should be.

Honestly I rarely see merch for non-little kid shows anymore.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

https://twitter.com/FrankAngones/status/1334294745418383361?s=19

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And on the subject of reboots I’d kind of like to see a Goof Troop revival in this style. Though in that case I seem to remember the movies being better than the show itself but I’m sure they could salvage it.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 3, 2020

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dammit, we never got an episode where we flashed back to Scrooge's adventure with Teddy Roosevelt.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Dammit, we never got an episode where we flashed back to Scrooge's adventure with Teddy Roosevelt.

Well to be fair the season’s not over yet (not sure how many episodes we’ve got left though).

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Nerdietalk posted:

Genuinely really upset in a way I haven't been about a lot of cancellations.

The show's so good and there's so much more ground they could cover. God drat is this disappointing.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I think they could have gotten another season just out of letting their giant, delightful cast bounce off each other.

God, I am going to miss Glomgold.

I thought about something messed up about the Christmas episode Bouncer Beagle made the nice list, but Scrooge gave him coal anyway. Since he was awake when Scrooge and Webby left, he probably opened it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We needed more Donald and Daisy.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
This show is literally one of the two things that keeps me going a lot of the time. I'm crushed.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Bleck posted:

This show is literally one of the two things that keeps me going a lot of the time. I'm crushed.

I'm with ya. Rough year and this show has been one of the ones keeping me light. To borrow from Star Trek II, let us hope there are always possibilities.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Tch, and I thought Disney had gotten over their 65 episode policy. As I recall, that's also what killed Gargoyles (although since Weisman had left long before it stopped I guess that didn't really matter) and also why Kim Possible's eventual fourth season was such a big deal; I'd thought that Star vs was a signal that they'd worked something out.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Argue posted:

I'd thought that Star vs was a signal that they'd worked something out.

If anything that probably made them think they were vindicated about three seasons max.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Came up I think in the other thread that Star Vs and Rebels apparently underperformed in their fourth seasons, combined with having to give the crew a pay rise.

Hopefully they're not done with this universe, at least. Kinda funny that Disney seems to be doing the shared universe thing more successfully with Star Wars now. I still say we're overdue for a Kim Possible/Phineas and Ferb crossover.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Came up I think in the other thread that Star Vs and Rebels apparently underperformed in their fourth seasons, combined with having to give the crew a pay rise.

Hopefully they're not done with this universe, at least. Kinda funny that Disney seems to be doing the shared universe thing more successfully with Star Wars now. I still say we're overdue for a Kim Possible/Phineas and Ferb crossover.

Technically that already happened, albeit in an incredibly obscure and semi-accidental fashion

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This Ducktales deserves to do a movie more than the original did, so hopefully that gets to happen.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New movie that leads into a spinoff that follows the boys, Donald, and Della in their new place guest starring Scrooge and Webby and others.

Alternatively: Agents of S.H.U.S.H.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

eat the lotus of fanfiction and let the story be the whirlwind poly romance between della/penny/owlson with the background of scrooge being forced to donate his wealth to the global south.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
sadly fanfiction does not really help when we’re talking about a medium shift from a tv show to some guy’s horny ramblings on ao3

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

not with that attitude.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do we have any idea how many episodes we have left to go now in regards to Season 3?

Also once the show wraps I hope they don’t just toss this version of Della (or any of the characters really) under the rug and instead continue to have them cameo in other Disney related things.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 3, 2020

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Larryb posted:

Also once the show wraps I hope they don’t just toss this version of Della (or any of the characters really) under the rug and instead continue to have them cameo in other Disney related things.

I want the new voices to be the general canon so bad, especially the triplets.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

I want the new voices to be the general canon so bad, especially the triplets.

Plus with Russi Taylor dead this seems like the perfect time to officially switch things over (I’m still not entirely sure why Tennant didn’t voice Scrooge in Kingdom Hearts 3).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Larryb posted:

Plus with Russi Taylor dead this seems like the perfect time to officially switch things over (I’m still not entirely sure why Tennant didn’t voice Scrooge in Kingdom Hearts 3).

Depending on how long KH3 was in development it might have been already recorded. Plus, Scrooge in that is clearly based more on the classic shorts/original DuckTales design, along with the triplets, so keeps it consistent.

For the demoralised, at least keep in mind it could be worse; I've seen enough shows completely run out of things to do and having explored every combination of characters and had them complete their arcs and turn into caricatures of themselves while making ever more cringeworthy pop culture references just outdated enough that everyone's already sick of them, and someone ends up marrying Weird Al.

Though I do wonder who the apparently obligatory last-second lesbian kiss is going to be with.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 3, 2020

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

There is a Darkwing Duck show coming out, so we’ll all just transition smoothly to posting about those cartoon ducks.

And in a few years, we’ll move on to the Quack Pack reboot. Or the Mighty Ducks reboot.

*wails of anguish intensify*

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Christmas episode hot take: Scrooge's idea to give poor people free heating material was far more kind and thoughtful than Santa's obsession with giving out toys and had he been giving out heating oil instead of coal (which nobody uses) he'd be 100% in the right.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

readingatwork posted:

Christmas episode hot take: Scrooge's idea to give poor people free heating material was far more kind and thoughtful than Santa's obsession with giving out toys and had he been giving out heating oil instead he'd be 100% in the right.

This post is designed to frustrate me. I can't watch the episode because amazon hosed up and maybe this is all covered there.

But Saint Nicholas, when he was alive, gave coal to poor families. To heat their homes. That's why he was a saint. And that's where the tradition of Santa giving coal to bad kids comes from.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ikanreed posted:

This post is designed to frustrate me. I can't watch the episode because amazon hosed up and maybe this is all covered there.

But Saint Nicholas, when he was alive, gave coal to poor families. To heat their homes. That's why he was a saint. And that's where the tradition of Santa giving coal to bad kids comes from.

Out of curiosity, how exactly did getting coal turn into a bad thing in that case?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

readingatwork posted:

Christmas episode hot take: Scrooge's idea to give poor people free heating material was far more kind and thoughtful than Santa's obsession with giving out toys and had he been giving out heating oil instead of coal (which nobody uses) he'd be 100% in the right.

Scrooge was billing everyone for the coal, all the presents included an invoice.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i would simply make the toys out of coal, dual purpose

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, how exactly did getting coal turn into a bad thing in that case?

To put it in more modern terms, there's a certain level of poverty+self awareness where you'd feel like a winner if your sister got useless toys and you got nice warm socks, but it does not include most children.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Usually you don't include an invoice. E;fb

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

Scrooge was billing everyone for the coal, all the presents included an invoice.

Was he doing that post-flashback? Past Scrooge was clearly in the wrong but I don’t remembered him billing that little girl towards the end.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
A little girl who NEEDED SOME loving COAL FOR WARMTH GOD DAMNIT! :argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

readingatwork posted:

Was he doing that post-flashback? Past Scrooge was clearly in the wrong but I don’t remembered him billing that little girl towards the end.
He might not've charged Jennifer, but everyone else who opened a present found an invoice in it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ikanreed posted:

Scrooge wasn't giving people coal to punish them, he was absolutely doing it because he thought that something that could warm homes was superior than a toy.

He was also invoicing them because he's Scrooge.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

readingatwork posted:

When you're pitching a product, you don't pitch the payment method until after you convinced them to buy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The whole joke is that Scrooge thinks it's still 1890 and people heat their houses with coal stoves.

He'd be better off just topping off everyone's heating oil tanks and charging them later.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i simply live in an apartment and use blankets to avoid turning on my sketchy electric heater

scrooge should have been giving out tiny solar panels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I think another episode where the moral is “Scrooge needs to stop being a greedy rear end in a top hat“ was a waste. Especially since it was last year’s Christmas episode. But then again, it’s 90% of all Christmas episodes in all television. You just have to stop being a bad person and let Christmas turn you into a good person