Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the "most spread happens at home!" brainworms spread faster than the virus itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

snoo posted:

please consume

No living! just consume

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
podcasting is an exemption for the LA stay at home order too, for some reason. seems like that is something that could be done remotely fairly well.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

snoo posted:

please consume

low prices, friend!

fermun posted:

podcasting is an exemption for the LA stay at home order too, for some reason. seems like that is something that could be done remotely fairly well.

oh thank god. at least uhh yeah dude is safe

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Steve Yun posted:

Does this mean I can't walk to visit a friend, but I'm allowed to go to TJ Maxx between 5AM and 10PM to buy a winemom picture frame?

Pretty sure that's the entire point of these orders, yes.

It's honestly staggering how flagrantly city/state officials are twisting contact tracing data to promote consumption. We've reached the point where the government is openly saying (not even implying!) that it's safer to be at a bar, school, or store than it is to remain in your own home.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

snoo posted:

please consume

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Crazypoops posted:

No living! just consume

Please, I can only push it up my rear end so much...

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Taintrunner posted:

low prices, friend!

who was it that wanted this to be a greeting? i s2g it was some economist or maybe a president??

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

this is never going to be over and when the dust settles every one of my close friends will either be dead or have fled the country :smith:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Pharmaskittle posted:

why would i worry about outward leaks

crack ping

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

For real though, this country has completely collapsed and if there is any avenue for you to flee, do so.

For the rest of us,

hahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Crazypoops posted:

For real though, this country has completely collapsed and if there is any avenue for you to flee, do so.

For the rest of us,

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

see u in the prime mines

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

The Australian government doesn't seem entirely confident in the new vaccines:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-03/covid-vaccine-australia-uk-when-get-it/12946148

The Australian government can afford to be patient with the virus quite under control there iirc

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

snoo posted:

probably some fuckin promotional poo poo for a netflix series or the next mcdonalds burger

I hate that we're so accustomed to being constantly saturated with advertisements that whenever we encounter something new and unusual, our immediate kneejerk reaction is not wonder or curiousity but "who the gently caress is trying to sell me something now?"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Yeah unfortunately even my relatives, who are 1st gen immigrants who believed in the American dream, are seriously discussing with our family on how to purchase property in Malaysia as they are seriously considering moving back, Biden win notwithstanding (they were originally only considering it if Trump won but now they also got radicalized)

Which means only my 80+ yo uncle in San Francisco who everyone in the extended family talks about in hushed terms (based on his Instagram stories, spoilers : into twinks) is stuck there I have no idea how he is handling it but I assume he has a strapping young hunk taking care of him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

fermun posted:

weird, every podcast I listen to (LA or otherwise) has been remote since early April at the latest. who is doing in person podcasts still

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
LOL my friend in Melbourne was sending her condolences and encouragements to me until I read through the LA City order and found the exemptions and now she's yelling THAT"S NOT HOW YOU LOCKDOWN

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Steve Yun posted:

LOL my friend in Melbourne was sending her condolences and encouragements to me until I read through the LA City order and found the exemptions and now she's yelling THAT"S NOT HOW YOU LOCKDOWN

Hahahahaha

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Yeah unfortunately even my relatives, who are 1st gen immigrants who believed in the American dream, are seriously discussing with our family on how to purchase property in Malaysia as they are seriously considering moving back, Biden win notwithstanding (they were originally only considering it if Trump won but now they also got radicalized)

Which means only my 80+ yo uncle in San Francisco who everyone in the extended family talks about in hushed terms (based on his Instagram stories, spoilers : into twinks) is stuck there I have no idea how he is handling it but I assume he has a strapping young hunk taking care of him

SF where people at least wear masks :shrug:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

hahaha i just saw the Para V Exceptions, LA is gonna be destroyed

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Strong Sauce posted:

SF where people at least wear masks :shrug:

oh yeah, i think that's how it's working out for him. my relatives in Missouri are going stir crazy (they have converted the garage into the "sanitization zone" where they put everything delivered or purchased in there with the UV light on full blast for hours), one kid started dating some boy through zoom and was planning to go meet him physically behind her mum's back until she discovers the boy's bro has covid through track practice, and the boy's mum's attitude towards covid is "well, if I die, it will just be me who suffers so it's ok". I'm jumping the gun in assuming this relationship won't last the pandemic.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

My new hobby is watching commercials get ever increasingly bleak and laughing manically like a super villan

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

raturkey

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

lol yeah I tried being a good citizen for the first while, but after a year of no mandates, restrictions, or public compliance where I live, I'm just taking care of myself now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

why would i worry about outward leaks

lol at anybody who saw how poo poo was going down and thinks causing cases was in their control. as long as I don't get it, i won't spread it :smugdon:

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

OH MY GOD

There are so many exemptions in the LA City order I can't even tell what's different from the previous rules

Non-essential retail allowed from 5AM to 10PM

Parks and trails open

But no biking or walking unless you're going to one of the exempted activities in Section V

Does this mean I can't walk to visit a friend, but I'm allowed to go to TJ Maxx between 5AM and 10PM to buy a winemom picture frame?

https://www.lamayor.org/sites/g/files/wph446/f/page/file/20201202%20Mayor%20Public%20Order%20Targeted%20SAH%20Order_1.pdf

It's so loving dumb

Almost no business is going to survive operating if they're limited at 50% capacity, let alone 20%, I have no goddamn idea why politicians cannot loving understand this

*looks up the LA mayor*

Oh Jesus gently caress he has a Ph.D. in economics. LA is doomed :rip:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

The Australian government can afford to be patient with the virus quite under control there iirc

tbf attempting to do mass vaccine distribution while the healthcare system is overwhelmed and we're allowing uncontrolled spread across the entire country is not exactly a wise strategy

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

snake and bake posted:

It's so loving dumb

Almost no business is going to survive operating if they're limited at 50% capacity, let alone 20%, I have no goddamn idea why politicians cannot loving understand this

*looks up the LA mayor*

Oh Jesus gently caress he has a Ph.D. in economics. LA is doomed :rip:

Lol might as well be a astrology cert

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Australian Open tennis is going ahead in February but every tennis star is gonna have to quarantine for 14 days. But then they can also leave for 5 hours per day???

I live right next to the courts. Can't wait to get covid from Serena Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXEQ3nsfST0

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

Crazypoops posted:

For the rest of us,

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

wrap it up fartailures

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Crazypoops posted:

For the rest of us,

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Big fart isn't very happy with me; don't worry, i'll keep outgassing that garbage

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

wrap it up fartailures

They're just covering up that it's ONLY spread by farts

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Pharmaskittle posted:

lol yeah I tried being a good citizen for the first while, but after a year of no mandates, restrictions, or public compliance where I live, I'm just taking care of myself now

It's not even about that, it's the confidence that outward leaks don't also imply inward leaks. The insanity of not doing exactly what the safety manual says plus doing every both tests it recommends every time, if a mistake means COVID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I take it that I can rip rear end wherever without fear.