Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Football Outsiders has Pittsburgh finishing the season 16-0 in only 15.7% of simulations (that was before today's win). Yet, the odds of them winning each individual game on their schedule are pretty good.

Week 13 vs. Washington: 84%

Week 14 at Buffalo: 59%

Week 15 at Cincinnati: 88%

Week 16 vs. Indianapolis: 66%

Week 17 at Cleveland: 71%

The site rated all 14 teams that have been 10-0 since 1985 and had the Steelers 10th.

Do you believe? Will Pittsburgh achieve a perfect season? If so, will you consider it as great or even greater than the Miami Dolphins' 14-0 season in '72?

I have the Steelers losing to Buffalo 21-17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geezersteez
Dec 10, 2004
from now till infinity
Buffalo is definitely going to be a tough match for them. At times they - especially the offense - seem to play almost haphazardly. A lot of dropped balls vs Baltimore today, questionable play calling at times in the 4th quarter, and not the best clock management.

Were they that lackadaisical because it was a depleted Baltimore team? Yet they still just squeaked by....

I know they’re capable of a much higher level of play, but I hope the coaches get together and make adjustments and conceive a real plan against Buffalo.

I’m far from some traditionalist that espouses the need for a run game. I love a lot of what they’re doing, but let’s be real... there are just times you need to be able to run the ball in the NFL... especially someone that can punch it up the middle a la Bettis in the Steelers case. I’m tired of all these whimpy little backs, from Parker all the way to Snell; the only real exception I can think of was La’Veon Bell.

All this being said. The rest of the schedule isn’t especially easy. They can win them all, but Buffalo? Buffalo is definitely going to be the test.

I say if they beat Buffalo, they’ll win the rest.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Wtf

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I hope the browns beat them because gently caress the steelers

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

No. 19-0

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Also something is telling me the Steelers lose to the Colts. Regular season and playoffs.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

it depends on if the fedex field turf monster + the dirty washington dline claims another victim

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BrownThunder posted:

Also something is telling me the Steelers lose to the Colts. Regular season and playoffs.

Rivers Revenge

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Any of these teams could beat the Steelers. It was only a matter of time before drops sunk their young WR based offense and it happened against the Ravens. It could happen again at any time. Losing Dupree was a severe blow and they have a modest COVID list that makes the Washington game a legit problem. After so many weeks of "trap" games the Washington game doesn't even look like a trap to me, they are a functional team currently and nothing in the month of November really indicated the Steelers could handle that kind of challenge.

Anyway the only game where the Steelers are better than 50/50 looking forward is the Bengals game. I don't know how they win a playoff game unless there is a playoff team that is worse than half the Ravens.

Edit: football team

Moxie fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 3, 2020

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
ahem... gently caress the steelers. thank you

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
They have had an easy schedule and a they have a number of games where they've barely beaten bad teams. I don't see them winning out, particularly if their COVID cases continue to rise. The Bengals are the only gimmie left on their schedule.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

No, one of the games will end up cancelled due to COVID, leaving the Steelers at 15-0.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They’ll lose to the Washington Football Team

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The funniest outcome is 16-0 and then bounced in the first playoff game, but I give the bills decent odds.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yes

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Probably.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
As long as they get smashed in the playoffs I don’t care.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

il serpente cosmico posted:

They have had an easy schedule and a they have a number of games where they've barely beaten bad teams. I don't see them winning out, particularly if their COVID cases continue to rise. The Bengals are the only gimmie left on their schedule.

Quoting for when they go 15-1 and the loss is to the Bengals

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

If they're 14-0 after Cincinnati isn't there a very real chance they rest starters and drop games? I don't think 16-0 is going to happen.

The only silver lining to a 19-0 Steelers would be rubbing it in the faces of Pats fans.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I want the Steelers to go 19-0 because it will destroy any semblance of specialty the Patriots have.

Also it will break a lot of Pats and Ravens posters minds. Which will be amusing.

Alternatively.

The Steelers go 18-1 and lose to the winner of the NFCE in the SB who will have like a 5-11 record

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Quiet Feet posted:

If they're 14-0 after Cincinnati isn't there a very real chance they rest starters and drop games? I don't think 16-0 is going to happen.

The only silver lining to a 19-0 Steelers would be rubbing it in the faces of Pats fans.

Probably gonna have to play starters in week 17 to keep the 1 seed, regardless of whether they're still undefeated.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I'd rather they didn't, OP. The Killer Bees era soured me on chasing stats/records. The only thing that matters is a championship, and I feel like a perfect regular season us a bad augury for winning it all

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

D-LINK posted:

I'd rather they didn't, OP. The Killer Bees era soured me on chasing stats/records. The only thing that matters is a championship, and I feel like a perfect regular season us a bad augury for winning it all

loving 2020 owes us something special (although it would be 2021 by the time 19-0 would be fully accomplished).

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I can see them winning out and then getting embarrassed by the Dolphins/Colts round 2.

Fitzmagic/Rivers out-dueling Ben would just be pure :laffo:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

I can see them winning out and then getting embarrassed by the Dolphins/Colts round 2.

Fitzmagic/Rivers out-dueling Ben would just be pure :laffo:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has never beaten the Steelers in his 16 year career.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

D-LINK posted:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has never beaten the Steelers in his 16 year career.

So he's due?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Probably not. Dupree being out hurts, but it's pretty unlikely for any good-but-not-great team to run off 5 straight in the nfl under any circumstance.

This particular steelers team going 19-0 would be hilarious, as would them losing the super bowl to an NFC East team. But God is unlikely to give us anything that entertaining.

Maybe '16-0 and fall apart in the first playoff game' is in play, but it feels more like a ho-hum '14-2 and lose the AFC Championship game' season to me. Which, to be fair, is a lot better than I expected from them this year.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

I enjoyed the last playoff game with the Dolphins

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BrownThunder posted:

I enjoyed the last playoff game with the Dolphins

nice victory lap on beating our not top ten backup qb :colbert:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Ehud posted:

nice victory lap on beating our not top ten backup qb :colbert:

Not a victory lap! If I were enjoying this over and over, that would be a victory lap.

over and over and over and over

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
extremely likely, the Steelers are a legendary franchise and HYPER talented this season. they have the best coaches in the association, and Big Ben is possibly the GOAT. they will not only go 16-0, but 19-0

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Matt Moore is on the Chiefs practice squad :psyberger:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If the Steelers finish the regular season undefeated and end up winning the Super Bowl I hope their hats say "COVID 19-0"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nice try. their hats will never stop saying make america great again

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Better Than You posted:

If the Steelers finish the regular season undefeated and end up winning the Super Bowl I hope their hats say "COVID 19-0"

Beautiful!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

With how lovely the Steelers have played against the Ravens practice squad and the Dallas Cowboys led by Garret Gilbert, they are going to lose. I think the Football Team had their number, and Alex Smith is the best QB in the NFCE.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

nice try. their hats will never stop saying make america great again
lmao

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

With how lovely the Steelers have played against the Ravens practice squad and the Dallas Cowboys led by Garret Gilbert, they are going to lose. I think the Football Team had their number, and Alex Smith is the best QB in the NFCE.

Man, I'm not sure if you realize this, but the Raven's season was on the line yesterday. With that loss, they cannot win the division AND they're now two full games behind the Browns. Their chance of a wildcard now depends on the whichever of the Colts or Titans fucks up and doesn't win the AFCS and the Browns. That's a lot that has go right for a team who has lost 4 of 5 now and still might not have Lamar Jackson back against Dallas.

The Ravens played with the desperation the situation called for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If the refs have anything to say about it.