Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I got my Demons Souls platinum so I'm playing the Destroy All Humans remake on my 5. Its a very well done, faithful remake of the original and the voice actors still got it for that new stage. I dont wanna get too involved in stuff given that Cyberpunk is coming soon so I'm just blasting through short games in the meantime. My work just got a bunch of copies of Punk and man theres a lot in that package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

PantsBandit posted:

It's not really that complex. It's not like you really need to worry THAT much about what armor or weapon you have beyond upgrading to the next tier from time to time. There are a couple gimmick bosses that benefit from having a particular resistance, but mostly you can just slap monsters around and do fine.

Getting my foot in the door to make some master rank gear has been a little harder on my own without a squad. I feel quite weak atm and it's a bit embarrassing when the kanji names show up for my SOS and end up carrying my rear end so completely.

Though I did manage to do finally succeed at the Behemoth hunt with just one other dude, felt pretty good after falling prey to so many Ecliptic Meteor team wipes. I think that quest is a bit bullshit, tbh, one time I got killed by Ecliptic Meteor while sitting in one of my field camps...which is just straight up bad programming.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GreenNight posted:

Ugh Yakuza 7. Got my rear end handed to me by a boss towards the late game and online says I need to grind up another 10 levels before trying again. I'm finding it hard to find the motivation.

Literally every game is Dark Souls, either play smarter or go grind 40 levels, this isn't any different.

Perhaps consider using more buffs or debuff attacks or setting them on fire if possible?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah that boss is a massive difficulty spike and while you can 'play smarter' it still involves having the correct jobs levelled appropriately otherwise you brute force it with character level.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imhotep posted:

The reviews seem good, generally? But also, isn’t BotW like, sort of ripping off all the open world games Ubisoft and every other Western dev put out, but like, fun? Or maybe I’m assuming they did, but didn’t play them really, so they just copied the general template but made it their own thing, cause I also haven’t and that’s my impression.

I would say BOTW has practically nothing in common with those games except it being in an open world.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

BoTW absolutely takes cues from Ubisoft open world games. The BoTW devs just has the good sense to use 90% less towers and map markers than they do.

The last Assassin's Creed I tried to play was Origins and the amount of icons/map makers was overwhelming. Then it kept throwing mechanics at me and I just gave up. BoTW was refreshing for how much, for a lack of better words, breathing room it had.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah that boss is a massive difficulty spike and while you can 'play smarter' it still involves having the correct jobs levelled appropriately otherwise you brute force it with character level.

:eek: It's just a level-check boss and there is no outsmarting them? Oh no!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
In Yakuza Zero, do the bonuses you've unlocked in legend style (besides health) still apply even when you turn it off?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

In Yakuza Zero, do the bonuses you've unlocked in legend style (besides health) still apply even when you turn it off?

Yes, there're videos about people at Lv. 100 in legend style melting Mr. Shakedown's health bar in 20 seconds using other styles so it definitely works.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
lmao that monster hunter movie is getting banned in china.

turns out theres a region specific racial slur near the start of the movie and then the whole thing is filled with racial stereotypes, and the whole thing was made to make massive money in china too, they were gonna remove the slur scene but now all showings are getting canceled and it looks like its a full on ban.

also i just realized, its back to normal over there, huh, having movie showings and all. :negative:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drat. I hope Paul W.S Anderson still gets to do his Bloodborne adaptation where a squad of US Marines led by Milla Yoyovich finds themselves trapped in a time warp...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

drat. I hope Paul W.S Anderson still gets to do his Bloodborne adaptation where a squad of US Marines led by Milla Yoyovich finds themselves trapped in a time warp...

Would watch

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
lady milla of the astrobot tower

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Please do not give that guy ideas!!

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

This would have never happened under Uwe Boll's leadership.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Broke: Paul Thomas Anderson adapting Bloodborne in meticulously faithful detail to the source

Woke: Paul WS Anderson setting Bloodborne: The Movie in 2050 California

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Broke: Paul Thomas Anderson adapting Bloodborne in meticulously faithful detail to the source

Woke: Paul WS Anderson setting Bloodborne: The Movie in 2050 California

Broke: Videogames mind

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bespoke: Poul William Anderson rising from the grave and penning a Hugo-winning sci-fi short set in the Bloodborne universe

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cleric Beast: Look at these knees.

"What kind of knees are those?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsi6FOMLaCo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That aint me, that meeeh, I ain't no fortunate son nahhh♬ *military choppers fly across the screen*

We cut to a scene inside of the chopper

Private White: I'm tired of all of these routine exercises sarge. I'm ready to see some real action.

Sergeant Jones: "you'll see action soon enough private. Just like I saw some private action with your mom last night" *sergeant Jones laughs and high fives Admiral Jovovich*

Pilot: This aint no time for jokes. Something isn't right Sergeant. There are projectiles heading straight for us!

Sergeant Jones: GOD-DAMMIT pilot! Pull a 180 flippy flop. Stat!

Pilot: I...can't Sarge. I've never seen anything like this. There are giant blue orbs headed straight for our M.O. !

Sergeant Jones: Go go go go go

*an explosion explodes* Cut scene

♫ Some folks were born, born to raise the flag... ♫ *music slowly fades and turns into deaf person noises. We are now on the ground. Pieces of chopper are all over the place. Sergeant Jones stumbles around the rubble covered in black stuff. Admiral Joyovitvh desperately tries to revive Private White. His hand and penis are blown off tho.*

Admiral Joyovitch: GOD-DAMMIT soldier! You aint dying me today!

Private White: Glurbdgddgd

Admiral Joyovitch: no no no no no no! GOD-DAMMIT! How could this happen, Jones?!

Sergeant Jones: Um, Maa'm... I think we have bigger problems. *dubstep bass drop*

*The whole squad slowly turns around, over the horizon a giant Chihuahua appears. Cue epic music with a vaguely middle eastern sounding lady going huaghhhahahahhh*

...Based on the video game that took over 27 years to make. Paul W.S. proudly presents...THE LAST GUARDIAN

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
All this talk about a Paul Anderson Bloodborne and I’m over hear dreaming of Wes Anderson’s Bloodborne

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Billy Murray as Gehrman

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

You know Bloodborne has a lot in common with the films of Wes Anderson... both seemingly take 12 hours to finish!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

You know Bloodborne has a lot in common with the films of Wes Anderson... both seemingly take 12 hours to finish!

lmfao

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I spent all of high school and college convinced that The Royal Tennenbaums was the best movie anyone ever made and that Wes Anderson was a perfect twee genius and then Darjeeling Limited came out and I was like “instead of continuing to follow this career I’m just gonna watch Rushmore and TRT every year for the rest of my life and call it a wrap.”

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Moonrise Kingdom and Grand Budapest Hotel are amazing!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Darjeeling marked the end of his “make the same movie again and again with diminishing returns” period and everything he’s done since has been better with the exception of Isle of Dogs which I’m not a fan of at all

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I liked Brad Pitt's Isle of Dags more

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Is there a streets of rage thread or a good resource you guys use? I don't play many fighting games and am struggling a bit to get to grips with enemy types, mechanics etc. but really like the game and am willing to read up on stuff to git gud okayish.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hopper posted:

Is there a streets of rage thread or a good resource you guys use? I don't play many fighting games and am struggling a bit to get to grips with enemy types, mechanics etc. but really like the game and am willing to read up on stuff to git gud okayish.

IMHO it's best to just watch some youtubes of a really skilled player with whatever character you want to learn. Look up something like "S-Rank Arcade Mania Adam" or whoever and see what they do. From there you'll start to pick up on techniques like stagger loops, how to extend your combos, when to use your defensive specials, how to stack enemies on top of each other, how to keep an OOTW chain going, and dealing with all the various stage hazards. People love to post infinite combos in Boss Rush mode but those are somewhat impractical for the actual act of playing the game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Pathless platinum. Them's some big skeletons.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I've been cranking out some of these Iceborne monsters alone and it's tough, so I be jammin on that SOS flare. Man, I sure would like to put together a crew youknawhamsayin?

Also, nuDeS, banging out the first tier bosses for each world. I think I'm playing this one as slow as possible.

I finally got to the fishworld in Spelunky 2, and then I started watching streamers play the game and was immediately humbled.
I've got IB Beanp0, I'm happy to hunt mons any time. I'm same though, I'll give something a couple of tries, get my poo poo wrecked (gently caress you Alatreon), and then SOS hoping for some nice 999/999 person to come in and wipe floor for me.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

:drat:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bust rodd, is that you going viral on twitter. I half remember you linking your twitter for bb arcane build vids but i swear i just saw your twitter in the wild.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I sincerely doubt I am going viral anywhere for any reason, because my tweets are extremely mediocre. Here’s one from this morning that had me chucklin’

https://twitter.com/prettyuglyart/status/1335230837554601986?s=21

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

I sincerely doubt I am going viral anywhere for any reason, because my tweets are extremely mediocre. Here’s one from this morning that had me chucklin’

https://twitter.com/prettyuglyart/status/1335230837554601986?s=21

Well one of em got nearly 2000 likes last i saw lol.

I was gonna reply to that one but forgot how to send voice clips, but i can say rear end just fine!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo I just checked and you’re right lmao! I’m part of the discourse lmao how bizarre. I was tweeting about fatness and I guess I got heated

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

viral rodd bust

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Ppl in the uk say rear end all the time probably because they watch too much keeping up with the Kardashians or something idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“Eating arse” doesn’t sound quite as romantic tbh