Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nephthys posted:

There are still a decent amount of enemies without Impulse Fields. A lot of bosses seem to rely on having sky-high defenses instead. I just switched my Bianca over to a Blood Wind, 1S1K build and it turns out I was underestimating how good she can be with her mobility and damage. I can basically run her forward, teleport next to the snipers, take them all out and either teleport out or get to enough cover to hide from whats left pretty consistently. I have Alisa using 1s1k as well but for some reason her attacks seem to be a bit inconsistent on what counts as a one shot.

I think I've finally got my builds into good places. I just had the extremely satisfying experience of having Leton basically solo the Skulls by freezing them all while managing to dodge all their stupid sniper poo poo.

A little late, but I've been experimenting with Bianca with 1S1K and you're right that it's a lot better when combined with her teleport (and to a lesser extent her attacks that move her). Also her Illusion spell is amazing since you can use to to basically guarantee a critical hit on anyone you want, including those blocking mega-tanks. I currently feel like she's a better caster than Sion is.

I have her as a Witch though, because why not I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Clarste posted:

A little late, but I've been experimenting with Bianca with 1S1K and you're right that it's a lot better when combined with her teleport (and to a lesser extent her attacks that move her). Also her Illusion spell is amazing since you can use to to basically guarantee a critical hit on anyone you want, including those blocking mega-tanks. I currently feel like she's a better caster than Sion is.

I have her as a Witch though, because why not I guess.

Yeah I do love Sion as a 'You die' button but he is kind of a fire and forget kinda guy in that theres not a lot of ways for him to decrease his AT. Bianca has taken his place on my regular team as she's much more my style of play. I hadn't cottoned on to how good Bianca's teleport kick was at time I last posted because I was blinded by the Big Damage attacks, but the damage is still big enough to kill the people you want to and what you really need is hit chance and mobility with her.

Ironically considering her lore reputation, I think Alisa is kind of naff in comparison. Compared to the other melee characters she is definitely the weakest and hardest to make work.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think where Alisa shines is as a Barbarian using Wildcat Engine to clean up a swarm of gunners (or frogs, or any ranged enemies). That's the moment that makes me think "yeah, that's awesome!" And it's also something that other melee characters would have a relatively difficult time doing. What I did with her was basically stack armor and HP on her and ignore block or dodge in favor of taking every hit in the face while reducing incoming damage to like 5. It gets a little scary since most of her defenses don't kick in until she's below a third, but it takes a lot to kill her and she gets 15 AT every time she takes damage.

Honestly, the hardest part is getting her into position in the first place, since she needs to be deep into enemy territory and be the only target in range for her kit to really work out.

Edit: I was just testing her in Magenta Street and I think Wildcat bugged out and doesn't proc anymore? Like, it just stopped proccing entirely across multiple missions. Hopefully restarting the game will fix it. Anger Hit in general seems to get a lot of bugs.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 3, 2020

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Today I learned after 3 billion hours of playing this game that Vindictive Spirit actually gives you control of the enemy it possesses, which isn't at all implied by its description.

Also apparently the bug I mentioned in the edit of the previous post has persisted through restarting the game and changing classes and masteries and everything else I can think of, so apparently my save file is forever cursed to not use Wildcat Engine until they release a patch to fix it, I guess.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Clarste posted:

I think where Alisa shines is as a Barbarian using Wildcat Engine to clean up a swarm of gunners (or frogs, or any ranged enemies). That's the moment that makes me think "yeah, that's awesome!" And it's also something that other melee characters would have a relatively difficult time doing. What I did with her was basically stack armor and HP on her and ignore block or dodge in favor of taking every hit in the face while reducing incoming damage to like 5. It gets a little scary since most of her defenses don't kick in until she's below a third, but it takes a lot to kill her and she gets 15 AT every time she takes damage.

Honestly, the hardest part is getting her into position in the first place, since she needs to be deep into enemy territory and be the only target in range for her kit to really work out.

Edit: I was just testing her in Magenta Street and I think Wildcat bugged out and doesn't proc anymore? Like, it just stopped proccing entirely across multiple missions. Hopefully restarting the game will fix it. Anger Hit in general seems to get a lot of bugs.

Well you've convinced me to try out Barbarian. I was pretty wary of losing control over her and getting overextended but right now White Knight just doesn't contribute, racks up AT like crazy and dies too easily. It'll be fun to be the one barely getting scratched through Final Resistance for once.

That bug sounds nasty, hope I don't get it or it gets patched out soon.

Clarste posted:

Today I learned after 3 billion hours of playing this game that Vindictive Spirit actually gives you control of the enemy it possesses, which isn't at all implied by its description.

Also apparently the bug I mentioned in the edit of the previous post has persisted through restarting the game and changing classes and masteries and everything else I can think of, so apparently my save file is forever cursed to not use Wildcat Engine until they release a patch to fix it, I guess.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Hellgate on Witch is really good. I've never even tried out White Mage because of how great Witch Anne is. I've had her win me entire missions just by strategically dying and giving me control over half the Skulls or some of the better Draki's. Turning off Skull Crashers armor and running him into snipers was a great feeling, or getting to have my own Fire Support squad.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
You know everyone complains about the Skulls but the most absolute bullshit enemy has to be the mother yasha in mission 47.

As to impulse fields making one shot one kill obsolete idk I disagree, save for white tigers it really only feels like maybe one in 4 enemies have it, I dont think any of the draki have it and aforementioned mission 47 only some of the frogs have it and it makes tackling the spider nest in that mission bearable because lol dealing with 50 re spawning enemies without it, some enemies instead have sky high defense but my sion does like 6k damage if an enemy blocks his attack soooo...

edit: that said I do not put one shot one kill and catharsis on everyone, mainly Heixing and Scion and Bianca other characters I might sometimes swap it in oh and Ray figuring hey she might get lucky with her aoes.

For special attacks depends on the attack, any attack that hits multiple times is automatically good and worth using if you are concerned about blocks and impulse fields. Irene I use her multi hit and her aoe alot one the rare instances she gets a normal turn, her ranged kick is meh but the addition of synergies is really good because it does let her responsive attack friends attackers with the kick. With scion I never use his basic punch, like I cant remember the last time I did, and between magical accelerator and archmages staff his turn delay is non existent. Similarly with say Leton I pretty much am only bringing him for his ability to freeze so the basic attack is basically just for mopping up

SpRahl fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 4, 2020

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

You can always just switch up builds for different stages. I kinda default to a blood wind build on Bianca just so I never have to care about enemy block rate and cuz there's a bunch of AT reduction in it as well. I have a 1s1k one I might use for beasts if i feel like it but I usually just use Albus for taking out a bunch of them at once. Especially since challenge mode loves to throw second heart on them to screw up 1s1k and that basically doesn't affect Albus cuz he'll just steal his turn back anyway.

I need to figure out what I'm gonna do w/ Sion though. He kinda gets buried in the turn order as a battle mage but that might change when I finally get a draki w/ violentness to replace my current queen as the main tank. I might play around with that lightning buff cuz I think I remember it making him immune to delays.

The yashas in 47 are the worst though. Last thing you want to do is hit them and not kill them cuz then you gotta deal with final resistance if they ever decide to stop dodging all your attacks.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

lil baby anime posted:

The yashas in 47 are the worst though. Last thing you want to do is hit them and not kill them cuz then you gotta deal with final resistance if they ever decide to stop dodging all your attacks.

The ash covered yasha monarch has 2nd and 3rd hearts, impulse fields final resistance, plus whatetever that ability is called that gives you a turn immediately if your health goes below a certain percent, and every time a yasha dies in its sight (next to a respawning yasha nest) it gains 40 time units, and its over charge (which it gains sp when it takes damage too) causes it to just gently caress off onto the ceiling for 3 turns then it grabs someone and aoes them into your party, and to top it off the entire map is covered in spider webs.
Closest match I have had in a long time came to that only Albus and Ray were left alive.

SpRahl fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 5, 2020

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The best person to deal with the spiders imo is Kylie, since she can auto-kill the little ones for free with her reactive protocol and her Attack Protocol tears through Impulse Fields, etc. I send her into that room solo because bringing anyone else is a liability. Barbarian Alisa is another decent choice since she's immune to all their status effects, including the cocoon. Her hit rate's not the best until she starts stacking those Lunacy buffs though.

Also the good news is that the Wildcat Engine bug was fixed randomly in the middle of another battle.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Dec 5, 2020

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I've been opening up that room by running Sweeper Heixing to the lower ground just in front of the room and the slapping him with an Awaken from either Rey or Kylie and throwing out the big rear end sweep aoe from still stance. It gets about a 70-80% chance on the small spiders and clears most of the eggs apart from the ones in the back. Afterwards Close Suppressive Fire gets the small ones that invariably come rushing out of the door.

It also helpfully kinda draws the big Yasha and Queen out of that room and into the waterway. Everything else that gets aggroed kinda clogs up the hallway and just throwing a blocker like Irene or Bianca there keeps them busy.

Also gently caress the Golden frog. That things does something similar to the Yasha Queen where he'll res himself when he dies and then teleport to your backline and drop a lightning aoe.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I understand that the enemies need their own gimmicks since the player can get bonkers amount of power but 47V is so tedious I did it once and never bothered again.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

SpRahl posted:

You know everyone complains about the Skulls but the most absolute bullshit enemy has to be the mother yasha in mission 47.

God loving dammit yes. That thing is insane, worse than Skull Crasher for sure. I managed to beat it but only because it got into a duel with Irene with Giselle covering them and it became two immortals punching each other over and over again while tiny spiders ran up to die and Giselle whittled the thing down. I didn't even know Giselle could whittle, it was so bizarre.

Also I can confirm that Barbarian Alisa is very good. More than other builds I think you need to get all the right mastery sets to allow it to shine and you need to be careful that she isn't one-shot but the more damage she takes the closer to invincibility she gets and the more damage she does. I needed to take off good gear that had dodge on it because not getting hit ironically screws you over with that build. I didn't go down the Rampage route, I decided to use Encourage instead to keep control over her. The Cry of the Wrath set makes it free to use and gives you max rage for 3 turns with a 3 turn cooldown so its always up which is all you need to keep her going so its perfect.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I dunno, the spiders can be annoying but once you figure out how they work they're way less dangerous than the Skulls and friends. I don't find it even half as hard as the 46 mission, although admittedly most of my time on Magenta Street is spent trying out new builds where I run headfirst into the Skulls to see what happens.

Edit: Also, Bianca can turn off Final Guard with Illusion, if you need to. Honestly I didn't even notice that the spider had it though.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 5, 2020

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Okay, wow, I finally gave in and made Irene a Battle Mage and it's almost insulting how easy it is to make her a self-sustaining super-tank just by equipping every single battle mage mastery without thinking at all. I really feel like by contrast Martial Artist is hyper-focused on melee counterattacks and isn't even as good at that because it can't heal at all. Like, you could just take every single Martial Artist skill or set bonus that says it applies to adjacent enemies (extra block, hit, etc) and just remove that tag and I'm still not sure that'd be as good as Battle Mage at sitting in the middle of a bunch of enemies and counterattacking. But it'd be a good start.

That said, I guess they seem to have realized that, since they added another side to the class with the whole Stun synergy thing, except for the fact that every single enemy you might want to use those stuns on is immune to stun. Maybe the class works better for Leton because he can freeze things or whatever, but I feel like it needs a revamp or some major buffs.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Clarste posted:

I dunno, the spiders can be annoying but once you figure out how they work they're way less dangerous than the Skulls and friends. I don't find it even half as hard as the 46 mission, although admittedly most of my time on Magenta Street is spent trying out new builds where I run headfirst into the Skulls to see what happens.

Edit: Also, Bianca can turn off Final Guard with Illusion, if you need to. Honestly I didn't even notice that the spider had it though.

The spiders in general are fine but as an individual unit the Yasha queen seems way more insane than most of the skull bosses. If you prepare for the spider room its a cakewalk but like Im confident and I have just yoloed the skullz, the scenario I mentioned earlier I accidentally walked a bit to close to the spider room triggered them with neither Kylie in position or with like a Heixing room sweep ready to go so the spiders marched out and got killed one by one by Irene, which made the Queen a problem because I never got a chance to attack it because every spider Irene squashed gave it 40 time units and then if I did get a chance to attack it I hit it it comes back to life and immediately jumps onto the ceiling. The queen also has the dumb alert mode l where it alerts the entire level so if its your first time doing the level its quiet rude. But idk I've never had one skull boss kill 6 characters by itself Ive had some be really annoying but like the worst it ever was was when Skull Pierce? I think had luck activated and auto crited with annihilation shot 2 guys but unless your whole team is spread out which is kinda counter to how you play most of the time the queen can one shot half your party by itself.

Nephthys posted:

God loving dammit yes. That thing is insane, worse than Skull Crasher for sure. I managed to beat it but only because it got into a duel with Irene with Giselle covering them and it became two immortals punching each other over and over again while tiny spiders ran up to die and Giselle whittled the thing down. I didn't even know Giselle could whittle, it was so bizarre.
Thats another thing it seems like its ceiling drop attack just ignores block? Idk I have had it twice just one shot Irene with that unless maybe like magic armor is disabled if she gets pulled up with it?
On the subject of Giselle and covering fire I put hide yourself well and base defense on her and now her covering fire whenever it activates doesn't delay her turn at all :v: kinda neat

quote:

Also I can confirm that Barbarian Alisa is very good. More than other builds I think you need to get all the right mastery sets to allow it to shine and you need to be careful that she isn't one-shot but the more damage she takes the closer to invincibility she gets and the more damage she does. I needed to take off good gear that had dodge on it because not getting hit ironically screws you over with that build.
Ya playing around with her as a barb it really feels like its not really usable until all the pieces are in place but once they are it's solid. One thing I thought of but haven't done is like maybe bring Ray along with gas bombs and intentionally poison Alise to get her health down in a controlled way.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SpRahl posted:

The spiders in general are fine but as an individual unit the Yasha queen seems way more insane than most of the skull bosses. If you prepare for the spider room its a cakewalk but like Im confident and I have just yoloed the skullz, the scenario I mentioned earlier I accidentally walked a bit to close to the spider room triggered them with neither Kylie in position or with like a Heixing room sweep ready to go so the spiders marched out and got killed one by one by Irene, which made the Queen a problem because I never got a chance to attack it because every spider Irene squashed gave it 40 time units and then if I did get a chance to attack it I hit it it comes back to life and immediately jumps onto the ceiling. The queen also has the dumb alert mode l where it alerts the entire level so if its your first time doing the level its quiet rude. But idk I've never had one skull boss kill 6 characters by itself Ive had some be really annoying but like the worst it ever was was when Skull Pierce? I think had luck activated and auto crited with annihilation shot 2 guys but unless your whole team is spread out which is kinda counter to how you play most of the time the queen can one shot half your party by itself.

All I can say is that I have literally never had any problems with the Yasha queen, but I continue to have problems with the Skulls even though I'm prepared. I dunno, I guess our teams and strategies are just very different. I generally have everyone as either a super-tank, equipped with Impulse Fields and kept topped off, or just super far away from the battle at all times, so maybe that's it.

I didn't even realize she was any stronger than the mid-boss Yashas.

SpRahl posted:

Thats another thing it seems like its ceiling drop attack just ignores block? Idk I have had it twice just one shot Irene with that unless maybe like magic armor is disabled if she gets pulled up with it?

It definitely doesn't ignore block, I've blocked it fairly regularly.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 5, 2020

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Clarste posted:

Okay, wow, I finally gave in and made Irene a Battle Mage and it's almost insulting how easy it is to make her a self-sustaining super-tank just by equipping every single battle mage mastery without thinking at all. I really feel like by contrast Martial Artist is hyper-focused on melee counterattacks and isn't even as good at that because it can't heal at all. Like, you could just take every single Martial Artist skill or set bonus that says it applies to adjacent enemies (extra block, hit, etc) and just remove that tag and I'm still not sure that'd be as good as Battle Mage at sitting in the middle of a bunch of enemies and counterattacking. But it'd be a good start.

That said, I guess they seem to have realized that, since they added another side to the class with the whole Stun synergy thing, except for the fact that every single enemy you might want to use those stuns on is immune to stun. Maybe the class works better for Leton because he can freeze things or whatever, but I feel like it needs a revamp or some major buffs.

Lol, I did the same thing. I was so stubborn in trying to make Martial Artist work even though everyone on steam was saying Battle Mage is the god class. And yeah they weren't lying. It's like that for most of the characters imo. Even though the devs put a lot of work into trying to make things balanced for all the characters, they each have a clearly best class. Even for Leton Superstar is such an amazing class theres no reason to use MA. Hacker is tons better for Kylie than Engineer. I've never seen something that sells me on Magic Knight compared to Great Swordsman. etc

BTW I'm not sure but I might have had the same bug with Wildcat Engine that you had? I'm not really sure what its supposed to do. The mastery guide on steam says its supposed to make Anger Strike always hit but in game its written pretty confusingly but I think it says that it causes you to run and attack someone else after taking someone out with Anger Strike. Except I'm not sure if I've seen that happen and sometimes it displays that its proc'd but I can't tell what it did. For that matter I'm not entire sure how Anger Strike is supposed to work because its pretty inconsistent on if it will actually cause an attack. Does it only trigger when Alisa actually moves closer to someone or does blocking not trigger it or something? I'm struggling to tell if somethings bugged or I'm just not using it right.

SpRahl posted:

On the subject of Giselle and covering fire I put hide yourself well and base defense on her and now her covering fire whenever it activates doesn't delay her turn at all :v: kinda neat

I couldn't tell, sometimes it would be able to grab her and get a follow-up one-shot but it must have taken a good 20 turns in that duel I mentioned and never even tried it as far as I could tell.

I have the same combo on Ranger Heixing and its crazy strong considering how many free attacks and AT reductions he gets. Between that and the two gunman sets that decrease your AT when you kill something with a responsive attack you can get -60 AT on a kill which is almost always another free turn.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 6, 2020

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nephthys posted:

BTW I'm not sure but I might have had the same bug with Wildcat Engine that you had? I'm not really sure what its supposed to do. The mastery guide on steam says its supposed to make Anger Strike always hit but in game its written pretty confusingly but I think it says that it causes you to run and attack someone else after taking someone out with Anger Strike. Except I'm not sure if I've seen that happen and sometimes it displays that its proc'd but I can't tell what it did. For that matter I'm not entire sure how Anger Strike is supposed to work because its pretty inconsistent on if it will actually cause an attack. Does it only trigger when Alisa actually moves closer to someone or does blocking not trigger it or something? I'm struggling to tell if somethings bugged or I'm just not using it right.

What Wildcat Engine is supposed to do is make Alisa automatically run towards the closest enemy after getting a kill with Anger Strike, which ideally will proc another Anger Strike and hopefully get you another kill, chaining up to 3 additional times per turn. What Anger Strike is supposed to do is if for whatever reason you move when it is not your turn and end up standing next to an enemy, you will attack that enemy. Or multiple enemies, if the spot you end up is next to multiple enemies. It doesn't matter how or why you move (I think I've even seen it proc after getting knocked back?), so it shouldn't matter if you block. Obviously Berserk is the easiest way to trigger this, but it's not technically connected to that skill.

That said, the whole thing seems fairly buggy and inconsistent. I think the code behind it must be pretty different from other responsive attacks or something.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Clarste posted:

What Wildcat Engine is supposed to do is make Alisa automatically run towards the closest enemy after getting a kill with Anger Strike, which ideally will proc another Anger Strike and hopefully get you another kill, chaining up to 3 additional times per turn. What Anger Strike is supposed to do is if for whatever reason you move when it is not your turn and end up standing next to an enemy, you will attack that enemy. Or multiple enemies, if the spot you end up is next to multiple enemies. It doesn't matter how or why you move (I think I've even seen it proc after getting knocked back?), so it shouldn't matter if you block. Obviously Berserk is the easiest way to trigger this, but it's not technically connected to that skill.

That said, the whole thing seems fairly buggy and inconsistent. I think the code behind it must be pretty different from other responsive attacks or something.

Ok, thanks. I'm guessing that means AS doesn't work if something hits you while you're already standing next to them, so it doesn't just replace counterattack like I hoped it would. That thing you said about multiple enemies is interesting, I haven't seen that happen. It could be that the trigger for Wildcat Engine is overriding AS so if you end up next to more than one enemy you'll attack one of them and WE won't work because you can't move towards the nearest enemy but then you also don't get to attack the other enemy like you're supposed to which shuts the whole thing down. I've seen the game do similar things in terms of it prioritizing effects but just a guess. I definitely is buggy, so its lucky the core part of being super tough and getting tons of turns is still strong as hell.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

lol, Dandylion is made of friggin' angels.

New episode is very wholesome, new mission is fun. That's all.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
That's awesome of them. I'm pleasantly surprised that they didn't apologize profusely for not coding the game to handle cases that only happen when you edit your save in crazy ways.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Lakitu7 posted:

That's awesome of them. I'm pleasantly surprised that they didn't apologize profusely for not coding the game to handle cases that only happen when you edit your save in crazy ways.

I’m impressed that they were so polite to the inconsiderate gently caress who’d not mention that they’d modified game values when submitting technical complaints

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
who doesn't start with verifying local files for problems with steam games?

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

The only thing more I could possibly ask from the devs is that the next violent mission let us use our entire party without friendly cop support. Really let us unleash the combined might of our bs.

The interface for more than 8 party members is already there as well from the last story mission.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kata-Haro posted:

The only thing more I could possibly ask from the devs is that the next violent mission let us use our entire party without friendly cop support. Really let us unleash the combined might of our bs.

The interface for more than 8 party members is already there as well from the last story mission.

Yeah, I'd love a violent case where we could deploy everyone instead of eight party members and twice as many deadweight cops.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I usually just make all the cops retreat anyway because having them slowly take their turns (even on auto mode) is just really tedious.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cops are a crutch to make the early game work at all, since maps are absolutely not balanced for only 1-3 characters with no healing. but then they never go away even after you get a full party, which is odd.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, I think the only cops I keep are Jane (because she's chums with Giselle) and the ones with EMP grenades for V39. I want to say the shield cops are good, but they're awfully slow for being the dudes meant to be in front of everyone.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Shield cops are good in a very similar fashion to Battlemage Irene. The AI will drop everything they're doing to go beat them up while only hitting for like double digit damage.

Best thing to do with them is just run them forwards to get beat on.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ZearothK posted:

and the ones with EMP grenades for V39.

Only a coward uses EMP grenades.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
The shield cops are useful but as someone said very slow. The suppressors get real bad late game, pretty much only useful as smoke dispensers and cannon fodder, if you have Giselle or Heixing in a fire support build they can be effective as a means of triggering their reaction fires.

Lakitu7 posted:

God I left a positive review for their game on steam but I did include some things like some people not like such and such and got a resposne from dandelion that was something like, Thanks for your favorable view but we think this might be a negative review we promise to work to address all the issues you raised so that everyone can enjoy our game.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
These guys really have passion for their work. I wish them all the success and for them to actually try being a little bit greedy so they can fund their stuff. :unsmith:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Clarste posted:

Only a coward uses EMP grenades.

Red Eye and his gang are like the scariest thing in the game, okay

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

ZearothK posted:

Red Eye and his gang are like the scariest thing in the game, okay

Its not even thats its scary its if you fail to one shot him which is quite difficult, he goes into berserk mode and having him free to do whatever to you for 3 turns is...painful. Unless you cheese it with freeze or entangle.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
So what combination of abilities is it the thin clowns have that lets them basically ignore block, even irene takes a serious beating from them.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Looks like they fixed Wildcat Engine. It works much better now, when it goes off I've had Alisa consistently get 2-3 extra kills. I've decided that I actually really love Barbarian for her. It's strong, tanky and fast in all the ways White Knight isn't. I've gotten up to 250 speed with her with all her buffs!

I've been trying to think of which character I think is the strongest in the party (excepting beasts or robots) and I really think its hard to beat Irene/Sion becoming a 99% invincible or the sheer utility of Leton freezing everyone. If I had to pick one though it would likely be Battlemage Irene/Sion since they do great damage, get significant AT reduction, regenerate and take minuscule amounts of damage.

SpRahl posted:

So what combination of abilities is it the thin clowns have that lets them basically ignore block, even irene takes a serious beating from them.

The White Clown Masks? Probably the Martial Artist masteries they use iirc.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 12, 2020

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Nephthys posted:

I've been trying to think of which character I think is the strongest in the party (excepting beasts or robots) and I really think its hard to beat Irene/Sion becoming a 99% invincible or the sheer utility of Leton freezing everyone. If I had to pick one though it would likely be Battlemage Irene/Sion since they do great damage, get significant AT reduction, regenerate and take minuscule amounts of damage.

If we're excluding beasts, I'd have to agree on Battlemage Irene being the strongest Troubleshooter available. She edges out on Sion because I think the fire masteries are better than the lightning ones and Hero is a very strong personal mastery, plus she has multi-hit abilities to take out dudes with impulse fields.

Some people in the Discord have suggested Bianca can be as broken as pre-nerf Kylie, but I haven't really gone deep into her builds. She definitely outputs ridiculous damage with both of her classes.

But really, if we were to include Beasts it'd be Giselle hands down, she's already a very strong character that can potentially one-shot almost anything that doesn't have Impulse Fields or Magic Armor and with beasts she can bring so much bullshit to the table that it could fill an entire book, from 0 AT turns to adding freezing to her shots (and also freezing with the pet) to having a pet tank as unkillable and as nasty as Irene.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

ZearothK posted:

If we're excluding beasts, I'd have to agree on Battlemage Irene being the strongest Troubleshooter available. She edges out on Sion because I think the fire masteries are better than the lightning ones and Hero is a very strong personal mastery, plus she has multi-hit abilities to take out dudes with impulse fields.

Some people in the Discord have suggested Bianca can be as broken as pre-nerf Kylie, but I haven't really gone deep into her builds. She definitely outputs ridiculous damage with both of her classes.

But really, if we were to include Beasts it'd be Giselle hands down, she's already a very strong character that can potentially one-shot almost anything that doesn't have Impulse Fields or Magic Armor and with beasts she can bring so much bullshit to the table that it could fill an entire book, from 0 AT turns to adding freezing to her shots (and also freezing with the pet) to having a pet tank as unkillable and as nasty as Irene.

Yeah agreed. Sion has better AOE and damage but Hero makes Irene into a demi-god and Cauterise is really needed to get rid of all the debuffs the endgame missions throw at you. I'm surprised Battlemage hasn't been nerfed for her strong it is.

They might be talking about stacking buffs as a Witch and using an immortality potion or just running into poison clouds over and over to get the Immortality status which you then extend as long as possible. I spent a long time trying to make that work but in the end it was so tedious and would have needed me to farm a lot probably so I gave up. Plus it seems pretty reliant on running into enemies with buffs to steal and extend your ones.

Oh is that what Hunter does? I've never really played around with it since Sniper is so good. I hear that Kyrie can rock around with 2 5000hp ubertank drones too which sounds busted as hell if I could be bothered to spend that much time on drone crafting. Not sure if that would be better than Giselle and Beasts but even post-nerf Kyrie can be really strong in certain situations. I nearly solo'd Red Eyes gang with her a bit ago. If it wasn't for Lightningcron I might have been able to do it....

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't like Hunter because it involves not getting 10 kills a turn from outside the enemies' line of sight, oh and also your next turn comes back almost immediately even if you run out of things to shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Nephthys posted:

Yeah agreed. Sion has better AOE and damage but Hero makes Irene into a demi-god and Cauterise is really needed to get rid of all the debuffs the endgame missions throw at you. I'm surprised Battlemage hasn't been nerfed for her strong it is.

They might be talking about stacking buffs as a Witch and using an immortality potion or just running into poison clouds over and over to get the Immortality status which you then extend as long as possible. I spent a long time trying to make that work but in the end it was so tedious and would have needed me to farm a lot probably so I gave up. Plus it seems pretty reliant on running into enemies with buffs to steal and extend your ones.

Oh is that what Hunter does? I've never really played around with it since Sniper is so good. I hear that Kyrie can rock around with 2 5000hp ubertank drones too which sounds busted as hell if I could be bothered to spend that much time on drone crafting. Not sure if that would be better than Giselle and Beasts but even post-nerf Kyrie can be really strong in certain situations. I nearly solo'd Red Eyes gang with her a bit ago. If it wasn't for Lightningcron I might have been able to do it....

It takes a long as time to get them into good territory but it's great when you get there. I have 2 5k hp flamethrower drones and even on missions that have enemies capable of damaging them you can just send them off into the middle to spew flames everywhere with reaction attacks. Add in berserk so they can keep doing it after they're supposed to be destroyed.

I still have the other ones I built just to unlock stuff but I need to find something to do with those. Definitely not going for the highest tier of armor again for these ones though.

Kylie's okay too I guess. I really don't even do much with her other than maybe use her support ability sometimes and occasionally take someone out with the attack one. I mainly just use her for drones.