Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Iymarra posted:

As someone else has said, ACG was supposed to get review code but per his twitter, he has now been told that's not happening. He may cover it after release, but he's going to be looking at other games.

And it isn't like they are 'filtering' reviewers that aren't positive to them, ACG gave his maximum recommendation to TW3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

On the subject of clickbait edginess, I added this article to the FAQ: https://www.pcgamer.com/theres-way-more-of-the-witcher-3-in-cyberpunk-2077-than-youve-been-told/

Not sure what CDPR (or whoever is in charge over it) are doing with the review codes. It feels like they're holding their cards way too close to their chest.

Back Hack posted:

I know everyone is joking around, but I hope everyone just drops making comments about the genital options, I've seen way too many thread devolve from being parody to being serious, aka every Bioware thread. Everything gets extremely creepy real fast after that.

When people start hypothesizing about the taste of cyber-sweat we'll know we've gone too far.

chaosapiant posted:

I saw it brought up right before the last thread was closed, but Deus Ex Mankind Divided is an absolutely fantastic game, and probably overall the best Deus Ex game, at least mechanically.

It annoyed me immensely at the time the way Square Enix just dropped the franchise, but yeah it's a pretty good Deus Ex.

Bust Rodd posted:

OP is really well designed and cool but can you wrap some of those images in [timg] tags please? They are so huge they dont fit on my gigantic monitor.

Do they break the tables? Because that shouldn't be happening anymore (thanks Jeff).

Pirate Jet posted:

HEALTH is in it too, as the band Window Weather.

caldrax posted:

And Sophie, and some other names have been announced that I promptly forgot because I didn't recognize them.
Added more artists to the OP.
Added to the FAQ.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

itry posted:

On the subject of clickbait edginess, I added this article to the FAQ: https://www.pcgamer.com/theres-way-more-of-the-witcher-3-in-cyberpunk-2077-than-youve-been-told/

Oh that's exactly the sort of information I wanted about whether it was more Witcher 3 or more GTA.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I said come in! posted:

It was my understanding that ResetEra is banning all discussion of this game? People were sharing in the last thread that they (resetera) actually hate this game because of a few things about it that they find offensively problematic.

No some people on resetera want it banned from the board but most don’t care. It’s more like if every 4 or 3rd post was vorik but way more angry and weirdly personal.

exquisite tea posted:

Resetera is horrible for being every galaxy-brained take you've ever read on twitter about video games condensed into an internet forum, not exactly for being corporate shills.

They are that too.

Spuckuk posted:

Honestly, same. People hyping this up to be some sort of all defining perfect gaming experience are on a Star Citizen level of self deception*

*Resetera lol

I think it will be witcher 3 level but with deus ex type gameplay and some clunky stuff.

coolusername posted:

Oh that's exactly the sort of information I wanted about whether it was more Witcher 3 or more GTA.

Yeah. It’s “killing monsters” all over again. I am gonna be nice V

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 6, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Reminder that review embargo ends tomorrow, and pre-loads start becoming available.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Biggus Dickus the 2nd.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

this seems small and silly but one thing that excites me is the potential for DLC. they could release new mods and weapons and clothes and missions and perks all within the framework of Night City for years if they wanted, the game could grow and change for years to come. that seems neat and cool to me.

This will be the thrust of 2077’s multiplayer no doubt

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Reminder that review embargo ends tomorrow, and pre-loads start becoming available.

I’ve got 56gb of something CP77 on my Series X right now. I don’t know exactly what, but that’s way more than the nominal preorder download.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Raider posted:

I’ve got 56gb of something CP77 on my Series X right now. I don’t know exactly what, but that’s way more than the nominal preorder download.

Same here. I wonder if it’s a build all patched up, but I kind of doubt it, because wouldn’t that potentially lead to unintended problems as opposed to just applying the patches vs creating a new build and getting it certified?

We know that at least for disc copies that there is a 43gb patch and a Day one patch. I have to imagine they’ve given those to reviewers or at least builds with them already applied.

Edit: Apparently that 43 gb is a disc copying info.

That said clearly journalists have some build with the day one patch as we’ve seen comments from people who haven’t been playing the comedy build.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 6, 2020

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao at people playing a stat based video game and complaining that their level 1 character with no skills or items is bad at stuff. i swear some of the whining is coming from folks who have never played video games.

This sort of thing also happened with The Division games, where they combined rpg elements with an action shooter. People were angry that the enemies in the game were bullet sponges and you couldn't just one shot headshot everything. I think people see guns and immediately think in terms of FPS mechanics only.

Also, kinda on the same topic, I see sniper rifles as a skill but most of the combat I've seen in any videos seems to be pretty close range. Wondering if there's any use for long range rifles.

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
Who is ACD?

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Looking at all those skills I can already tell that I am going to gimp my character by indecision.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

afkmacro posted:

This sort of thing also happened with The Division games, where they combined rpg elements with an action shooter. People were angry that the enemies in the game were bullet sponges and you couldn't just one shot headshot everything. I think people see guns and immediately think in terms of FPS mechanics only.

Also, kinda on the same topic, I see sniper rifles as a skill but most of the combat I've seen in any videos seems to be pretty close range. Wondering if there's any use for long range rifles.

To be fair, Division‘s enemies ARE bullet sponge-y to extreme, even by looter games standards. On top of the devs caving to the chuds by balancing the whole game around a couple min/maxed gimmicks builds to point using anything else makes the game the game an unfun slog.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 6, 2020

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
There's a LOT of misinformation bouncing around about this game now as people get desperate for clicks.

I've seen 2 websites with information on "Cyberpunk 2077 Classes" (there are no classes in this game)

coolusername posted:

No, what I want IS it to be like, a modern Witcher iii
(But this time I can make a cool lady), maybe have a little nice romance, and do a lot of fun storylines. It's just all the advertising and things I keep hearing is like "it's an even sexier GTA! Choose your dick size and then go wander a land full of sexy tits and rear end! Playboy magazines baby!" Like it's a triple aaa come play my lord makes me concerned that this is absolutely focused on the big money making market I am absolutely not included in, you know? So if there are less... That.. sorts of trailers and talks I want to know.

The advertising is NOT saying that, so If you're constantly hearing that maybe reconsider who your friends are?

Literally none of CDPR's trailers have talked about sexy tits and rear end. Zero. There's been like 10 trailers.

Yes, lots of people online are talking about tits and rear end, but they're also going for clickbait and sex is scandalous.

Spuckuk posted:

Honestly, same. People hyping this up to be some sort of all defining perfect gaming experience are on a Star Citizen level of self deception*

Has anybody in this thread or the previous thread suggested anything like this? It seems like a pointless strawman and yet we keep talking about it over and over.

Lets just, stop worrying about some fictional gamer that may not even exist?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Back Hack posted:

To be fair, Division‘s enemies ARE bullet sponge-y to extreme, even by looter games standards. On top of the devs caving to the chuds by balancing the whole game around a couple min/maxed gimmicks builds to point using anything else makes the game the game an unfun slog.

1 has that problem. 2 doesn't.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

NumptyScrub posted:

There are different weapon mod types:

Power weapons – high fire rate, high recoil.
Tech weapons – low fire rate, high penetration.
Smart weapons – guided bullets.

So for a pistol, you can install a Power Weapon mod, a Tech Weapon mod, or a Smart Weapon mod. The Power Weapon version shoots faster, the Tech Weapon version shoots slower but goes through people and cover, and the Smart Weapon version has guided bullets that can shoot round corners. Perks that affect Tech Weapons would not affect the pistol if it has a Power or Smart mod installed, perks that affect Pistols would affect it regardless of mod type.

I think? Based on a wiki for a not yet released game, so could be inaccurate

This is mostly right, but I don't think you'll be able to mod a Power Weapon into a Tech weapon, they're fundamentally different.

Its more like you find a Tech Pistol and mod it to have Ricochet bullets, or you sell it and buy a Power Pistol and then mod it to have armor piercing bullets.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The advertising has a guy taking a bullet to the head that just makes him mad and start hipfiring a machine gun

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://streamable.com/3jprvx

https://streamable.com/y8oof1

ps5 footage. light prologue spoilers.

if your corpo you can go full karen.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

sean10mm posted:

The marketing is extremely BLOW poo poo UP GET DRUNK GET LAID WOOO ANARCHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY but the people who got to play the 16 hour preview have mostly talked about how it has SOME of that but is more like Deus Ex with a big map than GTA V gently caress WHORES GET PAID poo poo.

It really really isn't though?

Other than Keanu telling you to make the game world your playground I can't recall a single trailer telling you to get drunk or laid at all. I swear y'all are just like, inventing this.

Which trailer??

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Had to quit watching just a few seconds in. losing my poo poo at the solid gold chrome hotel staff. Already 10/10 GOTY these fuckers know what they’re doing.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Does (light attribute spoilers mb not even a real spoiler but jic) "Blades" up katana damage or just mantis blade damage? Is it melee damage that makes katanas better? Or does "Blades" and "Melee" affect katana damage in different ways?

Is this even known? I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague but I'm trying to get my build planning out of the way

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Very impressive looking on next gen machines.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Zaphod42 posted:

It really really isn't though?

Other than Keanu telling you to make the game world your playground I can't recall a single trailer telling you to get drunk or laid at all. I swear y'all are just like, inventing this.

Which trailer??

You're being wierdly literal, a bunch of the promotional material has featured footage of doing shots, taking pills and what looks like scenes in a strip club.

I'm not the guy Big Mad about those things but they're definitely there

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Communist Bear posted:

Very impressive looking on next gen machines.

I mean I guess this is sarcasm but it looks terrible because it's not even upgraded for them yet. It looks worse than Spiderman.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Turin Turambar posted:

Do you consider The Witcher 3 a Cheeto-dusted neckbeard gamer oriented game?

I mean, speaking for myself: yes. It's aimed at the same audience as W1 and 2 except that audience is getting older and, despite all efforts to the contrary, actually procreating. It's a different take on the outcast power fantasy, except this time instead of being a gruff-voiced dour outcast who gets to kill monsters and sleep with big-breasted powerful sorceresses, you're a gruff-voiced dour outcast who gets to kill monsters and sleep with big-breasted powerful sorceresses while trying to find his daughter. There's a reason 'bad witcher dads' is a meme in the thread.

It's a good game with some good parts and a great look at Eastern European mythology in fiction, but at a character or story level, it didn't say anything new.

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 6, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Had to quit watching just a few seconds in. losing my poo poo at the solid gold chrome hotel staff. Already 10/10 GOTY these fuckers know what they’re doing.

gota get my skin replaced to be a busser and hotel staff.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Lol I havent seen a douchebag moment that powerful since alpha protocol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Just by way of reading through the old thread and this one for the last day I think I've convinced myself to buy this drat game on release instead of waiting.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This looks really good.

I do kinda wish V was un-voiced so we could have a ton more dialogue options. Even the illusion of choice is better than no choice at all.

Some situations in Cyberpunk 2077 definitely seem to give you a lot of dialogue options (some based on your skills) but it does seems like other times you get the Mass Effect / Fallout style "do you say yes, no, or sarcastic yes?" which I'm rather not fond of in RPGs.

I guess Disco Elysium's writing has just ruined other RPGs for me in a way :cheeky:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shammypants posted:

I mean I guess this is sarcasm but it looks terrible because it's not even upgraded for them yet. It looks worse than Spiderman.

looks fine to me.

Control Volume posted:

i like that you can apparently be nice too. thats nice. but having a shell of corpo dickhead to game the system seems cool.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

gota get my skin replaced to be a busser and hotel staff.

This was already a thing in Cyberpunk for a while, both Deus Ex: HR/MD and the first Altered Carbon book had bits about the labor underclass being forced to permanently alter their bodies for the profit of their employer. So really it’s not all that big of a deal, I’m just giddy that they’re really sticking to the bit here.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Shammypants posted:

It...wasn't sarcasm :(

Thought the videos genuinely looked nice!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

cheesetriangles posted:

Someone leak a fem V and male partner sex scene to balance things out.

leak fem V banging male V, you cowards :argh:

sean10mm posted:

You're being wierdly literal, a bunch of the promotional material has featured footage of doing shots, taking pills and what looks like scenes in a strip club.

Yeah, the marketing has very much been "Future GTA feat. Keanu Reeves" and I totally get that: they are trying to sell more copies than Witcher 3. They are taking a run at massive, established AAA-studios that have, ironically, been trying to copy CDPR's games for years...CDPR trying to poach some of those players from the Rockstar/Ubisoft machine is the easiest way to grow their own numbers. If that demographic is then surprised by a game that is actually good, well: GOTY.
:shrug:

Also, for the PC/Console crowd: looks like you'd need a 2070S or 2080 to match settings on a PS5. Not a 1:1 comparison, and it may get better after the optimization patch next year, but a good guage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9LgfTr517c

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

black.lion posted:

Does (light attribute spoilers mb not even a real spoiler but jic) "Blades" up katana damage or just mantis blade damage? Is it melee damage that makes katanas better? Or does "Blades" and "Melee" affect katana damage in different ways?

Is this even known? I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague but I'm trying to get my build planning out of the way

I feel your pain for that sort of question. I finally got around to beating Bloodstained and part of that included realizing "+Kick damage doesn't help my damage kicking things when I transform into a kung fu mode, +INT does because technically I'm kicking things with a magic power :pseudo:"

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Control Volume posted:

Apparently one of the main quest designers for Cyberpunk was also responsible for designing the Rome section in AP. So that's pretty exciting to me, a loser who has replayed Alpha Protocol at least a dozen times.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

black.lion posted:

i think its both. i know that limb weapons are apparently expensive as gently caress though.

Taintrunner posted:

This was already a thing in Cyberpunk for a while, both Deus Ex: HR/MD and the first Altered Carbon book had bits about the labor underclass being forced to permanently alter their bodies for the profit of their employer. So really it’s not all that big of a deal, I’m just giddy that they’re really sticking to the bit here.

oh i know. i knew they would stick the bit. the lore guides are full of that kinda poo poo.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Also, for the PC/Console crowd: looks like you'd need a 2070S or 2080 to match settings on a PS5. Not a 1:1 comparison, and it may get better after the optimization patch next year, but a good guage:

Ubisoft has optimized the game for consoles (and therefore rdna2 gpu architechture from amd), while ignoring pc and nvidia, in fact the game also performs like 20% better than normal on a new 6800xt, in comparison with other games. So it's a comparison it has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Eason the Fifth posted:

I mean, speaking for myself: yes. It's aimed at the same audience as W1 and 2 except that audience is getting older and, despite all efforts to the contrary, actually procreating. It's a different take on the outcast power fantasy, except this time instead of being a gruff-voiced dour outcast who gets to kill monsters and sleep with big-breasted powerful sorceresses, you're a gruff-voiced dour outcast who gets to kill monsters and sleep with big-breasted powerful sorceresses while trying to find his daughter. There's a reason 'bad witcher dads' is a meme in the thread.

It's a good game with some good parts and a great look at Eastern European mythology in fiction, but at a character or story level, it didn't say anything new.

I'm wondering how cdpr handles the huge difference in witcher 3 (save the world) and cyberpunk (save yourself)

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

Ubisoft has optimized the game for consoles (and therefore rdna2 gpu architechture from amd), while ignoring pc and nvidia, in fact the game also performs like 20% better than normal on a new 6800xt, in comparison with other games. So it's a comparison it has to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Ubisoft DRM is also a huge performance headache, and I imagine they don't have to pull that garbo on consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

coolusername posted:

I'm kind of in agreement, I was interested and then the more I find out about the sex stuff the more it seems... I don't know, looking at reviews like https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...e/1100-6484602/ where it talks about how there's tits everywhere, etc. If it's all just going to be male gazey edgy bullshit like that appealing to the thirsty Cheeto-dusted neckbeard gamer demographic I'm not going to be able to enjoy it. Which really sucks. I'm hoping it's not actually as bad as it seems?

Did you not even read all of the article you bring up here? Even putting aside that the article itself is specifically about the sex things in the game, there are parts that are pretty extremely not male gaze bullshit pointed out within that article.