Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I wish you could give gifts to villagers when they are sitting. It’s just annoying.

Agreed. If they're fishing you can bug them a couple of times and they'll stop and talk to you, but if they're sitting down doing literally nothing you can't hand them stuff. Your pockets are invisible and magic, I'm certain you can access them from a sitting position.

Also Bianca, stop complaining about the cold. You're a snow leopard.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Le BonZone is celebrating longtime resident Kyle's birthday today!

Dodo code!

Kyle's hobby is music, his favorite colors are black and white, and he likes gorgeous and cool things. Also he has a garage band in his house. Feel free to give him whatever you think he would like!

https://twitter.com/Silver_FalconSA/status/1335616434341179402?s=20

The Nook's have a red toy dinosaur today. It's super cute! Also there are books available!

Anything else in the shops is up for grabs. Abel Sisters have a variety of winter gear today.

While you're here, enjoy a fully-featured tropical resort! Of particular note is the Lobstah Bah in the basement of Cafe duZone, now serving chowdah to warm you up!

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

THE FASHION BASH is open for one more day. You can check the spiel in PGS. I edited my new code into my post there.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Merengue the rhino will be moving out tomorrow if anyone wants to claim her.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
So I just learned you can sneak up on very fast sea critters by not fast swimming.

I mean... cmon, Iv spent so much time chasing them around.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
An important thing about villagers leaving is that the most recent villager will never have a thought bubble about leaving - only the first 9 villagers. If you get rid of one of the first 9 and get a new one then the most recent villager will move to slot 9 and have a chance of a thought bubble. And being a jerk to them apparently does nothing to speed up the chance of a thought bubble.

The only other way to get rid of him is to either get a campsite villager and play the tedious game until they offer to join and replace the villager, or to use an amiibo card which apparently takes several consecutive days of doing tasks for the amiibo villager, however when you get to invite them you'll be able to choose who they replace.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Yeah, being mean to them does nothing for the chance of them moving out. But it does make it easier to tell when they want to leave, since if they don't like you then they won't get the other thought bubbles about wanting to sell things to you or play treasure hunt or whatever else.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

drat, lots of good options. I'll keep all that in mind. Is there no way to discern between the random event bubble and the moving bubble until you talk to the villager, though?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Concurred posted:

drat, lots of good options. I'll keep all that in mind. Is there no way to discern between the random event bubble and the moving bubble until you talk to the villager, though?

Go into a building and out again. If the bubble vanishes it was a random one, if it's still there it's the moving-out one.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I feel bad; I blew through 85 tickets looking for Genji and ended up having to take Pierce. I let him move out today. He lasted two weeks; musta really hated smelling shark farts all day. I feel a bit guilty telling him to leave before I taught him to say "Frank Burns Eats Worms," though.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/ohenieledam/status/1335693911172378625?s=19

Judy is in boxes today! I can time travel back to keep her around if anyone needs a day.

EDIT: TAKEN

Metaline fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 7, 2020

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Speaking of villagers leaving, you know what I miss? New Leaf having old villagers come back to visit the shopping area. It felt more like they'd actually moved away, rather than how it works here, where they either go to a friend's island or they're sent to the Shadow Realm™.
Seeing old villagers and having them be like "oh wow it's been a while, huh? wild." was nice. Seeing old villagers on a random island with generic dialogue and no memory of you is just :smith:.

Zaroff posted:

The only other way to get rid of him is to either get a campsite villager and play the tedious game until they offer to join and replace the villager, or to use an amiibo card which apparently takes several consecutive days of doing tasks for the amiibo villager, however when you get to invite them you'll be able to choose who they replace.
The campsite replacement thing is something I'm still mad about. I like how amiibo ones work - a few days of consecutive DIY quests is not only something that makes more sense, but feels better to play. Having someone stay on your island for a single day, decide things over a coinflip, and pester a random villager (instead of just asking who to replace) is SO much more of an unfun hassle.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Has anybody time traveled and gotten any snowballs? I tried and couldn't find any. As of now, the dung beetle is the only big left to complete my entire museum.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Farten Barfen posted:

Has anybody time traveled and gotten any snowballs? I tried and couldn't find any. As of now, the dung beetle is the only big left to complete my entire museum.

I wonder if they're either A) rare as flies on garbage or B) programmed to not show up until its actually the 11th in the same way holidays are.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Blaziken386 posted:

Speaking of villagers leaving, you know what I miss? New Leaf having old villagers come back to visit the shopping area. It felt more like they'd actually moved away, rather than how it works here, where they either go to a friend's island or they're sent to the Shadow Realm™.
Seeing old villagers and having them be like "oh wow it's been a while, huh? wild." was nice. Seeing old villagers on a random island with generic dialogue and no memory of you is just :smith:.

The campsite replacement thing is something I'm still mad about. I like how amiibo ones work - a few days of consecutive DIY quests is not only something that makes more sense, but feels better to play. Having someone stay on your island for a single day, decide things over a coinflip, and pester a random villager (instead of just asking who to replace) is SO much more of an unfun hassle.

The campers still work better than they did in New Leaf, where you couldn't even invite them AT ALL if your town was full.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Blaziken386 posted:

I've never played another AC game so idk but def agreed about the random island thing. I had Walt ask to leave, so I let him and then I went on a nook miles tour. Literally like the 5th island Walt turned up again, but with no memories of me ffs.

I ended up with Gruff who on his first full day decided to spend most of it sitting infront of my house :weasel:

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
Hasn't even started snowing yet for me :(

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

jimmychoo posted:

where might one find a mush lamp ...? :angel:

A day late to reply because I'm not folowing the thread as closely as I used to, but I do have the mush lamp recipe.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Barnes And Body Works posted:

Hasn't even started snowing yet for me :(

It's very erratic. My island gets snow for an hour off and on. You could be on all the off hours, it doesn't stick which I think is a nice detail.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

It snowed on my island today :angel: and all the music had wintry chimes and bells in them :angel: and it was cold and dreary outside my apartment :angel: and I just stayed inside with my cat and played video game all day :angel:

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

StormDrain posted:

It's very erratic. My island gets snow for an hour off and on. You could be on all the off hours, it doesn't stick which I think is a nice detail.

Ooh nifty!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Zaroff posted:

An important thing about villagers leaving is that the most recent villager will never have a thought bubble about leaving - only the first 9 villagers. If you get rid of one of the first 9 and get a new one then the most recent villager will move to slot 9 and have a chance of a thought bubble. And being a jerk to them apparently does nothing to speed up the chance of a thought bubble.

The chance that someone will ask to leave is weighted by friendship level and hitting them does lower friendship by 3 points if they get upset. Its still RNG but if you want to up the odds in your favor it does have some influence.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Oh yay, I'm at the point where I'm starting to get villager photos! Flurry mailed me hers, and Mac gave me his just now when I gave him his lost bag back.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 7, 2020

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Merengue is in boxes today if anyone wants to claim her.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Zaroff posted:

I settled for Marcie once in my villager hunt (which I immediately regretted for various reasons). I time traveled a total of about 14 days until of my villagers asked to move out, and cycled the bubble until it landed on Marcie. Which, according to the rules outlined in the datamining, should not have happened because A) her birthday was that Saturday (it was a Thursday) and B) she just moved to the island.

The datamined rules that highlight the "cannot ask to leave next if" check may apply only to the next person to ask--so if you cycle the thought bubble, or say no and wait 5 days, it appears those "checks" do not apply.

Low friendship score does increase your chances, but the floor for friendship score is 0, new villagers start at 25, and the max is something like 250-300. Mathematically, it is fairly insignificant. It's still random between the 10.

Edit: I replaced Marcie with Reneigh, who is never leaving. Happy ending!

Prowler fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 7, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Dollhouses for sale in Nooks on Fiorina! This is big cuz they’re so small! Everything in Nooks is up for grabs, also Ables have cute af winter hats this week.

Opening up while I do some college work so ping me if something goes fucky. Bulletin board stuff always appreciated, feel free to have a wander around, explore, and take a free Pinky poster!

Dodo Code in PGS thread

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Where does "pushing them into a pit" fall on the friendship scale? I've only done it once but it was very funny.

I've also given literal garbage as birthday gifts, which is hysterical, but only to villagers on islands I was visiting and not my own.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Hobo Clown posted:

Where does "pushing them into a pit" fall on the friendship scale? I've only done it once but it was very funny.

No penalty for pitfall traps as far as data mining has shown. I think the only ways to lower friendship are pushing or hitting them until they get upset, gifting garbage, failing certain objectives they ask of you, and telling them you have medicine when you don’t.

If you upset them by pushing or hitting them you can get the points back by apologizing. There’s a chance that after you apologize they will start skipping and humming which gets you +3 to friendship. I like to do this to new villagers so I can shorten the wait period to gifting them items.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

You're all monsters :(

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I just ignored villagers I didn't like until they moved out. :colbert:

Also, villagers have started commenting on the cold if I visit them in their houses when it's snowing outside. :3:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Prince gave me his photo on Friday. Today he decided to move out. I’m crushed.

My little zoomie frog boy... :cry:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Protip for seasonal DIYs: apparently, you can only get the Sleigh recipe from cranky villagers crafting in their houses - it won't show up in balloons like the rest will.

So, if, like me, you've almost entirely stopped checking villager houses for new recipes, maybe pay extra attention to any grumpy old men you may have. If you have none, sorry, but you just have bad taste in personality types I guess?? Can't relate.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is there a different Seasonal sleigh DIY? I have the regular sleigh DIY it’s a fairly common one.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Is there a different Seasonal sleigh DIY? I have the regular sleigh DIY it’s a fairly common one.
Wait, really? I checked for months before stopping, and then got it immediately once december rolled around.
...Maybe it just has an increased weight on the RNG table for this month?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Decorated my house for Christmas!

https://twitter.com/ohenieledam/status/1336066673627971585?s=19

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
My villagers keep commenting on my constant outfit changes and it's starting to feel judge-y with how many times I hear it everyday. I can play pretty pretty dress up as much as I want to, thank you very much

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

J-Spot posted:

If you upset them by pushing or hitting them you can get the points back by apologizing. There’s a chance that after you apologize they will start skipping and humming which gets you +3 to friendship. I like to do this to new villagers so I can shorten the wait period to gifting them items.

Don't neg your animal friends :ohdear:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Prince the tiny zoomie frog will be in boxes tomorrow if anyone will have a free slot for him.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

creepin n rollin

Flubby posted:

A day late to reply because I'm not folowing the thread as closely as I used to, but I do have the mush lamp recipe.

If you're still willing, I'd love to grab it and exchange something in return that you might need or want!

Can we post friend/Dodo codes in this thread or do we move to PGS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pech
Jul 19, 2004

I surrounded a vacant house with turds and toilets and bubbles the hippo moved in. She is brown and so is her home