Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
I'm glad we need 10 pages of posts to hash out the incredibly complex concepts of "fantasise about killing dogs = bad" and "posting jokes = good" maybe next time you can figure this out yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Finicums Wake posted:

are you claiming that this is the first--or anywhere near the first--time that people have posted that quote at smarxist?

I’m saying that he posts in cspam all the time without people quoting that post or the tidus laugh at him, and when it happens it’s generally because he is sniping at his perceived forums enemies. Also, when it does happen he tries to fight every poster involved and it inevitably results in the poo poo you’re talking about. Both of these things happened in this case so idk maybe we can acknowledge that he’s not just some innocent bystander here. Making fun of things is allowed is cspam (as it should be) and that includes making fun of posters who try to fight you constantly.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Fluffdaddy posted:

I just find it funny that some posters spend alot of time bitching about the moderators while simultaneously needing the moderators to be their shining knights whenever their E-honor is at stake.

I'm always willing to help people with forums issues but what I consider an actual problem and what some folks consider an actual problem seems to be different sometimes

yeah i mean that's how it works, people will ask for help from someone they think can help them, but if help is not forthcoming, they'll bitch

i dunno what the gently caress "e-honor" is

i have said before that hosting a drama subforum that preys on the same forums it is hosted on inevitably gives rise to conflict and guess what

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

back the blue (stars)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Dustcat posted:

yeah i mean that's how it works, people will ask for help from someone they think can help them, but if help is not forthcoming, they'll bitch

i dunno what the gently caress "e-honor" is

i have said before that hosting a drama subforum that preys on the same forums it is hosted on inevitably gives rise to conflict and guess what

By help I mean, ban/probate my posting enemies but let me do what I want. Its lame as hell.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Are you sure

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

salt shakeup posted:

I'm glad we need 10 pages of posts to hash out the incredibly complex concepts of "fantasise about killing dogs = bad" and "posting jokes = good" maybe next time you can figure this out yourself.

Wait what? What?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I heard Fluffdaddy is a wiener

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Charles posted:

I heard Fluffdaddy is a wiener

Its true.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Finicums Wake posted:

it's not just someone making fun of something once. it's the same people making fun of the same thing, over and over again, and in a way that derails threads. and, beyond this, the people who do this annoying poo poo also repeatedly troll the gray forums in other ways that are equally repetitive, unfunny, and derailing. i think that smarxist post is bad, and it was funny the first dozen or two times i saw someone follow them around the forums quoting it at them. but i don't really find it funny at this point, and it shits up threads i read, and i find it weird in a very specifically goony way, so i'm going to say it's bad

this smarxist stuff, along with other fyad/nojoelulz posters trolling, comes up and derails threads fairly regularly in cspam. reading the same, unfunny trolls over and over again is kind of sucks, especially when it becomes the topic of the conversation.

cspam, in general, has an unimaginably bad signal/noise ratio. some threads, in particular, are truly awful, like the trump thread or the succ zone. cspam, in general, is mostly filled with whitenoise posts and whitenoise posters. despite all this, you, in particular, somehow have managed to stick out as particularly bad, because you manage to derail even the worst, most contentless threads with dumb forum drama. you somehow made the succ zone even more punishing to read. stop doing that, at least in cspam, and i'll stop caring as well, thanks

I feel like almost everybody is ignoring that smarxist was absolutely asking for it. Just smugly posting made up poo poo about the people they hate being bigots and generally “posting about posting”. Idk about anything else but pulling out an easy bullseye that they wrote thinking they were an epic martyr is pretty much necessary. This is like saying that posting about barnacle Jim’s face is harassment

I mean just go ahead and make it a rule that you can’t make fun of that god awful post. Or maybe don’t suddenly pull out the ban hammer on an occasion where they’re responding to smarxist being a loving moron anyways.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 7, 2020

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

TheSlutPit posted:

I’m saying that he posts in cspam all the time without people quoting that post or the tidus laugh at him, and when it happens it’s generally because he is sniping at his perceived forums enemies. Also, when it does happen he tries to fight every poster involved and it inevitably results in the poo poo you’re talking about. Both of these things happened in this case so idk maybe we can acknowledge that he’s not just some innocent bystander here. Making fun of things is allowed is cspam (as it should be) and that includes making fun of posters who try to fight you constantly.

"this poster gets mad when we dogpile on him with tidus laughs and year-old drama posts, therefore he is the bad guy and we are the good guys" is wrong at a deep level i don't know how to explain to anyone who doesn't instinctively understand it

the poster wasn't asking for anybody from fyad to come over to cspam to hound him, and pretending something they did somehow warrants that is obvious abuser behavior

this forum would be a better place if abusive behavior was curtailed and cracked down on, imho, and i think everyone would agree

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I do love the about-faces so many posters are making. What was once "mods do what they want!" has completely reversed as the focus of moderation has changed. Weird, huh.

mycophobia posted:

gently caress the mods

mycophobia posted:

she knew what was going to happen if she posted in CSPAM

a Loving Dog posted:

Shut up, no one cares

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HolePisser1982 posted:

it’s insane

HolePisser1982 posted:

i’d like to hear arivia’s thoughts on the matter, as well, before the admins close the thread

Aruan posted:

If this is the new standard, I assume referencing Gro**ha*s or Car* (censored to protect poster identity) is now bannable, too? Or is it just smarxist? Its the same issue that's come up earlier - whats the actual forum rule on helldumping? Or is it poster beware?

Aruan posted:

Don't deprive me of funny Leper's Colony messages OP.

whelp, that was 10 minutes of my life I won't get back.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the forum would be an even better place if more people started talking about the discography of kero kero bonito, but we cant all get what we want.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I'm still not convinced that it's NOT bigoted to post perjoratives about folks with autism/whatever, and therefore calling people that do so bigoted is made up libel.

E: and also the reactions to the frog thing

Syenite fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 7, 2020

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I do love the about-faces so many posters are making. What was once "mods do what they want!" has completely reversed as the focus of moderation has changed. Weird, huh.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This is the guy that posted that people with animal avs were self loathing lol

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

Syenite posted:

I'm still not convinced that it's NOT bigoted to post perjoratives about folks with autism/whatever, and therefore calling people that do so bigoted is made up libel.

do you like Hoobastank?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

It’s good when terrible posters can’t post, op.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ELI5 - Why is C-SPAM still open post-election? Joe Biden won dude. You can go home.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

scary ghost dog posted:

im not reading a word of this and the issue the thread about was resolved so im unsubscribing from this thread. bye troll

caught u redhanded motherfucker

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Augus posted:

caught u redhanded motherfucker

i am technically unsubscribes from this thread but i never said i wouldnt continue to read it and post in it. sorry to have misled you.

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Fluffdaddy posted:

By help I mean, ban/probate my posting enemies but let me do what I want. Its lame as hell.

You’re the only one apparently running things here that isn’t a goddamn idiot. Don’t listen to any of the mods poo poo or anyone else and go with your gut friend.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Getting abused on an online comedy forum

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Peachfart posted:

This is the guy that posted that people with animal avs were self loathing lol

Lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

the fyad iks and mods are generally cool and their decisions typically just, whereas other forums' mods and iks are fail to the utmost degree

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Dongicus posted:

ELI5 - Why is C-SPAM still open post-election? Joe Biden won dude. You can go home.

It can't be a forum about hoping trump wins since he lost (owned nojoe losers!) anymore but it seems like it can still be a very active forum about repeating things from twitter, libeling posters, 'ironic' genocide celebration and violent fantasies.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mycophobia posted:

the fyad iks and mods are generally cool and their decisions typically just, whereas other forums' mods and iks are fail to the utmost degree
Week-old hypocrisy is fun and easy to find!

mycophobia posted:

she knew what was going to happen if she posted in CSPAM

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

mycophobia posted:

mycophobia posted:

i dont think the agp/hsts typology should be considered on the level of phrenology or autism vaccines or holocaust denial or whatever (in terms of subjects that for the most part should be shut down immediately) just because it makes people feel uncomfortable. there's actual peer reviewed science behind it and hasn't really been debunked at all, and it's not a subject that has to be approached from a insensitive TERF-y perspective

seems fair to me

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Syenite posted:

seems fair to me

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

pog boyfriend posted:

the forum would be an even better place if more people started talking about the discography of kero kero bonito, but we cant all get what we want.

Intro bonito was pretty good

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

Syenite posted:

seems fair to me

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Jesus Christ let it go. It's been a loving year. It's been a year. Stop following him around like a helldumpy little shadow.

Enjoy your bans

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

i didnt say that!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I've seen people in SAS mocked for some pretty lol-worthy posts and because they roll with it, it usually deflates pretty quickly

turns out sometimes admitting that embarrassing yourself can be funny, in a comedy forum. Who knew?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Intro bonito was pretty good

intro bonito is really good, even if the individual tracks are not as strong as bonito generation or tnp, the narrative of intro bonito and feeling of youthful awkwardness is so strong and tracks like babies are so strange or the rapping on homework/sick beat are so great. if you listen to all of it, the way it works into bonito generation is so clever and makes the uplifting songs like trampoline and try me even more powerful

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Sorry, I haven't seen Shrek in 20 years, is this a meme about eating crow? Perhaps in avatar form?

mycophobia posted:

i didnt say that!

No, you said this:

mycophobia posted:

she knew what was going to happen if she posted in fyad right after complaining about it in qcs

And I just changed the forum you named to make it obvious how hypocritical you're being.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Sorry, I haven't seen Shrek in 20 years, is this a meme about eating crow? Perhaps in avatar form?

No, you said this:

And I just changed the forum you named to make it obvious how hypocritical you're being.

living up to your name i see.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
who cares. dont forumsstalk people. ticket closed. another qcs success story. gas.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Reality Protester posted:

who cares. dont forumsstalk people. ticket closed. another qcs success story. gas.

Sun Tzu posted:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Cpt_Obvious posted:

No, you said this:

Capt_Oblivious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

No, you said this:

i feel like this is completely in line with what i said in this thread though. fyad iks/mods = win, other mods/ikds = fail. syentie getting probed froever is good, whereas hizke and the other person getting banned is bad