Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If we're gonna be summoning robots, give me Alexander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Alexander was already in FF7

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Summon Roche or why bother.

Wooo-hoooo!

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I do enjoy the big stellarator in the middle of Hojo's lab

"Physics, Biology, whatever it looks like some mad science doohickey throw it in" :v:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Sapozhnik posted:

OK. *binds Jump to Triangle*

Putting jump on Triangle is an actual war crime

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Click R3 to sprint click it again to jump

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
As an Amiga alumni, the best way to jump is pressing up on the d-pad.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

My friend covered the FF7 boss music in the style of Doom and it's siiiiiiiiiiiick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOIkJFi6uqY

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

d0grent posted:

My friend covered the FF7 boss music in the style of Doom and it's siiiiiiiiiiiick

yo.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

d0grent posted:

This is really cool!

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

d0grent posted:

:krad:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

d0grent posted:

Both the video and audio are awesome

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

d0grent posted:

HYPE

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Glad you guys dig it too :)

If you're interested, he does a bunch of Final Fantasy covers on his channel (Succession of the Witches from FF8 is also spectacular).

d0grent fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 8, 2020

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Has he got a DOOM cover of the Jenova boss fight? Cause that'd slap.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Not a Doom style cover but still a metal cover of Jenova phase 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWj_2U59-_8

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

d0grent posted:

Not a Doom style cover but still a metal cover of Jenova phase 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWj_2U59-_8

:getin:

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Marmaduke! posted:

As an Amiga alumni, the best way to jump is pressing up on the d-pad one-button joystick.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

d0grent posted:

This is incredible, thanks for sharing. Really liking the rest of his stuff, but this DOOM one is the best.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
So I have to ask;

is Super Smash Bros Ultimate now canon to FFVII Remake?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Fedule posted:

So I have to ask;

Yes. This also means that Banjo-Kazooie and Conker are also canon

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Willo567 posted:

Yes. This also means that Banjo-Kazooie and Conker are also canon

I cannot wait to beat Sepiroth to death with a Breegul Bash

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

anakha posted:

If this game doesn't sweep the music category at all the major game awards, gently caress this gay earth.

Justice prevailed.

E: Best RPG as well

anakha fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 11, 2020

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fedule posted:

So I have to ask;

It is even better than that.

Ahem.

Sephiroth appears in Super Smash Brothers with Rathalos. Rathalos also appears in Final Fantasy XIV as a boss. Final Fantasy XIV had an event where Noctus from FFXV travelled dimensions to reach it. Noctus also travelled dimensions to reach Tekken, where he fought Negan from Walking Dead. Negan from Walking Dead which is connected to St. Elsewhere. Ergo Smash Brothers Ultimate is canon to I Love Lucy.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

... which is connected to St. Elsewhere. Ergo Smash Brothers Ultimate is canon to I Love Lucy.

I don't know enough about either of these franchises to make these jumps, please to helping me

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

SlimGoodbody posted:

I don't know enough about either of these franchises to make these jumps, please to helping me

St. Elsewhere is famous for having crossover episodes with a truly ridiculous number of film and television shows, like over a hundred.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

St. Elsewhere is the infamous "ends with a small boy staring into a snowglobe" ending which also crossed over with a lot of shows which effectively means that anything connected to it actually takes place in the dreams of a small child. It continues forward as crossovers continue or directors/set designers/etc intentionally add in connections to keep the universe growing.

Edit: And thanks to Smash and Namco x Capcom/PXZ you can pretty much connect any two video game characters together if they've ever cameoed in anything or have cameos in their own game. It's usually a fairly short stop too.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 11, 2020

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Smash includes Castlevania, which includes the novel Dracula in its canonical timeline, which means that

1 - the literal Christian devil exists and acts directly upon the material world, as Dracula learned his vampiric magic at a secret college of demons deep in the mountains, where Satan was the teacher

2 - the literal Christian god exists and acts directly upon the material world, as the Belmont's are shown to sometimes display a holy crucifix that utterly destroys the undead

This makes things like The Walking Dead take on a very different character. Did the protagonists get left behind in the rapture??

Also how does the Walking Dead cross over with St. Elsewhere, out of curiosity? Wasn't that show from the 80s?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

Smash includes Castlevania, which includes the novel Dracula in its canonical timeline, which means that

1 - the literal Christian devil exists and acts directly upon the material world, as Dracula learned his vampiric magic at a secret college of demons deep in the mountains, where Satan was the teacher

2 - the literal Christian god exists and acts directly upon the material world, as the Belmont's are shown to sometimes display a holy crucifix that utterly destroys the undead

This makes things like The Walking Dead take on a very different character. Did the protagonists get left behind in the rapture??

Also how does the Walking Dead cross over with St. Elsewhere, out of curiosity? Wasn't that show from the 80s?

I mean you don't even need to go that far. SMT is in Smash and in SMT you kill that dude like a dozen times.

The Walking Dead uses Morley cigarettes which are a fictional brand made popular by X-Files. A detective from Homicide: Life on the Street appears in one episode of the X-Files. An episode of Homicide involves investigating a mercy killing by a doctor named Roxanne Turner played by Alfre Woodard. Roxanne Turner played by Alfre Woodard is a major character on St. Elsewhere.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 11, 2020

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
So do you people post things like this already knowing exactly how amazingly stupid it sounds or is this irony-free?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Strobe posted:

So do you people post things like this already knowing exactly how amazingly stupid it sounds or is this irony-free?

I forget the term for it but there's a specific name for this sort of purposely-ludicrous dot connecting

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Strobe posted:

The Tommy Westphall Universe is a fun thought experiment, but I don't think anyone takes it particularly seriously. I hope.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I forget the term for it but there's a specific name for this sort of purposely-ludicrous dot connecting
Apophenia?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/TrueKingOfSkill/status/1337209400663158784

Looking at this and just imagining the different tone FFVII Remake would've had is just cracking me up man.

Captain Invictus posted:

Six degrees of Kevin Bacon?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Strobe posted:

I am sorry for expressing minor humor at a video game version of six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

https://twitter.com/TrueKingOfSkill/status/1337209400663158784

Looking at this and just imagining the different tone FFVII Remake would've had is just cracking me up man.

Six degrees of Kevin Bacon?
something like that, not necessarily specifically kevin bacon, but how literally everything is connected via crossovers no matter how trivial and you can come up with the most ludicrous connections with only a modicum of effort as shown above

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I was thinking recently how “Nailed it, I know. Moving on.” might genuinely be the single most clever line of dialog ever written for a final fantasy game. And that includes 14, an incredibly well-written game.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NieR Occomata posted:

I was thinking recently how “Nailed it, I know. Moving on.” might genuinely be the single most clever line of dialog ever written for a final fantasy game. And that includes 14, an incredibly well-written game.

Cloud's delivery of that line is also fantastic

He doesn't even sound like he's being sarcastic, he's 100% earnestly aware of how fantastic he looks and its great

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The characterization of Cloud before 7R as a sadboy tryhard is part of why I never really liked Cloud as a character, but the fact they changed him in 7R into the world’s smarmiest and most self-confident prick with legit rear end pathos as he learns that liking people is Actually Cool is, I think, the biggest reason 7R works as well as it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

NieR Occomata posted:

The characterization of Cloud before 7R as a sadboy tryhard is part of why I never really liked Cloud as a character, but the fact they changed him in 7R into the world’s smarmiest and most self-confident prick with legit rear end pathos as he learns that liking people is Actually Cool is, I think, the biggest reason 7R works as well as it does.

Couple that with literally everyone dunking on him for it, and yeah, it’s fantastic.