Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Azhais posted:

I misread that as a semi-annual release which I was thinking was taking the non-dump release schedule a bit too far

That's more of a manga thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Oh poo poo really? Actually has the manga finished yet?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is still going but apparently (going off of articles because I don't read the series) it is almost done.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Working my way thru Brooklyn Nine-Nine. On season 3, not bad but feels like the weakest of Michael Schur's shows. Gina drags things down, not sure if it's the actress or character but not a fan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gina's kind of a weird and polarizing part of the show. As it goes on she feels more and more detached from the reality of the show like she's just a character from another show. Which sort of IS her character but its weird, especially since when it starts she's like Jake's childhood best friend who grew up with his grandma and by like S3 they barely interact.

She just feels like a character that grew in the opposite direction from the show. Which you either enjoy or you don't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chelsea Peretti being terribly unfunny doesn't help the character much.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Conversely I think she's mostly fine. I just don't like the character

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
TV Shows. You don’t need to write COVID into your storyline.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

mcmagic posted:

During football today I saw a trailer for a CBS law show called Rise Up where everyone was wearing masks and distancing etc. I didn’t realize there was something I wanted to watch less than a regular CBS law show, but here we are.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

mcmagic posted:

SVU can do a lot with that, imo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Klowner posted:

I looked up some of the directors for mando and... bryce dallas howard?? Peyton Reed??? Carl freaking weathers?????

https://twitter.com/Lucybri83/status/1327395062280581120

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

Chelsea Peretti being terribly unfunny

I think she's one of the best characters on the show :(

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Finished Alex Rider on IMDB TV and it wasn't bad for 8 episodes if I didn't think about incredibly calm Alex was during while getting his friend's phone, the interrogation process among other avenues while the explanation of how he was able to do all this was in a throwaway line. Also his au pair and friend were so naive in how easily they disclosed information, not understanding the risk that Alex's life was in.

I'm fine with or without a second season but I don't feel like I wasted my time watching.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Simone Magus posted:

I think she's one of the best characters on the show :(

She is the human form of the 100 emoji.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

swickles posted:

She is the human form of the 100 emoji.

I literally had no idea people didn't like her. I find her funny as heck on the show.

I just have terrible taste tbh. I also liked Inside Amy Schumer and Key & Peele :shrug:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had nothing against Gina as a character but once she left I realised I did not miss her in the slightest

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Simone Magus posted:

I literally had no idea people didn't like her. I find her funny as heck on the show.

I just have terrible taste tbh. I also liked Inside Amy Schumer and Key & Peele :shrug:

Do people dislike Key & Peele now?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mcmagic posted:

Intensely disagree. It's getting weirder and weirder how many of the "real world" shows pretend it's not happening.

Escobarbarian posted:

I had nothing against Gina as a character but once she left I realised I did not miss her in the slightest

I missed her a lot, it really threw off the balance of the cast imo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

:same:

mcmagic posted:

Agreed. If you’re going to do something with it, ok, fine. If you’re like “well, I guess we have to” please don’t. I have to deal with it all day every day, I don’t need it in my TV too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

Big :same:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ugly In The Morning posted:

:same:

Agreed. If you’re going to do something with it, ok, fine. If you’re like “well, I guess we have to” please don’t. I have to deal with it all day every day, I don’t need it in my TV too.

I am honestly kind of surprised studios haven't used it as an excuse to make shows shoot a full season of bottle episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mcmagic posted:

One of the things the podcast "My Brother, My Brother and Me" does is a bit where they read press releases from fast food companies to make fun of weird product launches. As we've gotten into the second half of the year it seems like every single press release has to mention covid in some way. Which is not something you need to do when talking about a new type of donut you're launching.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

muscles like this! posted:

One of the things the podcast "My Brother, My Brother and Me" does is a bit where they read press releases from fast food companies to make fun of weird product launches. As we've gotten into the second half of the year it seems like every single press release has to mention covid in some way. Which is not something you need to do when talking about a new type of donut you're launching.

It actually is something we have to do when purchasing the donut carries with it an implicit risk of death for you and your family. I know it's hard to fathom, because they are so vocal, but anti-maskers only make up ~8% of the US population and no restaurant can survive on that traffic. If you want to keep your business, you have to convince the people who know this is all real and deadly that your store is safe enough to risk going out, when every reputable source on earth is telling them to never leave the house.

The large brands especially know this: all of the data points to us being 2-3 years away from vaccine-introduced herd immunity, which means that any business plan which doesn't include COVID won't last through the inauguration...

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The best has been advertising that's all over the place in messaging. They rushed to address "the new normal" in the spring. Then they jumped the gun about going back to normal, now some are backtracking and some are pretending it isn't happening anymore.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Escobarbarian posted:

I liked the character well enough to begin with too, but after she was gone or mostly gone for a season (had a baby i think maybe?) and was brought back it just didn't work any more.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I think Superstore dealt with Covid well and it also made good sense for plot since the show is half about Walmart customers being the worst and Covid amplified that.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

swickles posted:

I am honestly kind of surprised studios haven't used it as an excuse to make shows shoot a full season of bottle episodes.

There has been a dramatic (heyo) reduction in the amount of location shoots, especially if you have a BG cap and you can't fill the streets w extras.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/lifetimetv/status/1335947170281885699

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHbTm3Npfk

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

My dreams have finally been answered!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Media about media about media about media about media about media

Probably those monoliths have taco bell coupons in them

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

GreenNight posted:

My dreams have finally been answered!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1121910/I_Love_You_Colonel_Sanders_A_Finger_Lickin_Good_Dating_Simulator/

If you don't want to wait there's a KFC dating simulator too

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

All of the follow up suggestions in that twitter thread are pure gold too.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

bull3964 posted:

All of the follow up suggestions in that twitter thread are pure gold too.

"loving kfc man maybe if you put your social media budget into mopping your drat loving floors youd actually have business" - Twitter user Flork

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

mcmagic posted:

Keep in mind that TV production is happening right now in the real world, though. So incorporating COVID into your storyline has the added benefit of keeping cast & crew safer by giving you an excuse to keep on-camera folks masked and distanced. Hopefully this is part of the calculus for at least some productions.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I honestly think it's a moral obligation to make covid a story point if your show is ostensibly taking place in the contemporary real world, doubly so if it's a medical drama. This poo poo is real and it's not going away anytime soon and unfortunately too many people are more than happy to pretend it isn't a big deal and producing media that's supposed to be reflective of reality that downplays the severity of events is cowardly. "Oh gosh we don't want to upset anyone and maybe make them watch something else, what will the executives and advertisers think!"

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I wonder how Michael Scott, or the Parks and Rec Dept of Pawnee would have handled the pandemic. :smith:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

I wonder how Michael Scott, or the Parks and Rec Dept of Pawnee would have handled the pandemic. :smith:

Parks and rec did a pandemic simulation episode and then they did two episodes where everyone got the flu

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They also did an actual zoom COVID episode

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Hughmoris posted:

Dunder Mifflin would be a remote office atm and Leslie Knope would have offed herself when Trump was elected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Dunder Mifflin would be a remote office atm and Leslie Knope would have offed herself when Trump was elected

Michael Scott, the man who hates being alone, would be remote? No way. He'd find a way to classify the office as essential, especially Stanley.