Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Endorph posted:

why does this have 4k likes

I think the official Cyberpunk twitter retweeted it

but who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

ymgve posted:

I think The Elder Scrolls 3-5 comest closest to the "all buildings are enterable in an open world" idea. Of course, this leads to prefab houses where the only difference is the items placed inside, and a generally smaller scope, but it does a lot in terms of that "you can go anywhere" feeling.

It also ended up with really small cities. I don't remember ES4 too well, but Whiterun had ~20 houses and a couple of other buildings representing a whole city. I'd rather have Novigrad or Toussaint, where a small part is interactable but it feels like a city and not some small village.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

The list of things to cling to is getting longer as more impressions and footage come out. Come on.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Did they just put the scores of the reviews that gave it a good score.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

GamersNexus isn't a hack though. They'll outright say if someone is pushing bullshit. It coming from him makes it fairly likely it's true.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Endorph posted:

doing free advertising for a multimillion company is great content you see

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

thats awful lmao

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Dilber posted:

GamersNexus isn't a hack though. They'll outright say if someone is pushing bullshit. It coming from him makes it fairly likely it's true.

Yeah, GN doesn't give a poo poo about anybody's games AFAIK except to throw them on their pile o' benchmarks to test hardware.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Endorph posted:

You know the reason.

sean10mm posted:

I mean there are two entirely different hacking skill trees plus augs and poo poo to play with, so it's hard how to see that's worse than PHONE IS MAGIC LOL

I liked the Legion rotation-wiring-flow puzzles. :shobon: Sneaking my drone past some dudes to rotate a panel was a nice way of mixing the “physical” aspects of the game with hacking, and it meant I could just extinctify a building instead if I didn’t want to bother sneaking around to do it.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Dilber posted:

I doubt denuvo is taking 50 fps out of the game still.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's cool to see PS3 still getting releases after all these years.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pulcinella posted:

Most of the weirdness looks like things that would be broken on any platform and not console specific. E.g. stiff animations. It’s hard to tell though because Twitter (at least for me) loves to serve up the first 30 seconds of a video compressed to hell.

It’s not even that, it’s that half the textures look like they’re from a PS2 game

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Celexi posted:

A lazy denuvo implementation absolutely could. It’s basically running the game in a VM, that’s choking off main memory bandwidth the GPU needs.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Celexi posted:

Probably not 50 fps, but a combo of that + day 1 optimization + drivers might make a decent difference.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Debating with springing the £5 for a month of Geforce Now so I can play this at decent settings but I had a steam link through an ethernet connection and the input lag even in that was enough to put me off.

I know Geforce Now uses your actual internet connection and mine is fairly good (about 60Mbps down, 18Mbps up) but how's the input lag for anyone here who uses it?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

For every punk you refuse to cyber, I'll cyber 5 ;-*

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Dilber posted:

The majority of this game's issues is completely unrelated to Denuvo. We've already seen that the consoles are buggy as hell too, with bad performance - PC will be no different.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

ymgve posted:

The majority of this game's issues is completely unrelated to Denuvo. We've already seen that the consoles are buggy as hell too, with bad performance - PC will be no different.

It could certainly be relevant to the frames you get with a given rig, which was the origin of the convo. Johnny tposing through the roof of your car, yeah no

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

You know the reason.
sure its just wild to see even goons, in 2020, parading around 9/10 and 10/10 scores and defensively coming up with a list of reasons why the handful of mediocre reviews are invalid. its like nobodys grown up since people were melting down about twilight princess getting an 8.8.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ymgve posted:

To be clear we’re talking about the surprisingly low 3080/3090 benchmarks, cards mere mortals actually have probably won’t see anything too dramatic for uplift.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

worse than the base xbox one? what's specific about the S that would cause this?

I thought the S was the base xbox one? I didn't think it improved on the specs at all, just changed the form factor?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If it’s that crappy on base PS4, I might just burn some cash on a Pro. I’ll just write it off as my Christmas present to myself.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hobbesmaster posted:

A lazy denuvo implementation absolutely could. It’s basically running the game in a VM, that’s choking off main memory bandwidth the GPU needs.

Didn’t some of the benchmark numbers point to it being CPU-constrained in a bunch of cases?

Really, this game appears to be hosed up enough in whatever is released as of this moment that anything is possible. Running a validation pass over the entire scene geometry to detect leaks every frame? Sure. Computing gobs of logging info only to discard it at the last moment? Why not? Sky’s the limit.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

hobbesmaster posted:

To be clear we’re talking about the surprisingly low 3080/3090 benchmarks, cards mere mortals actually have probably won’t see anything too dramatic for uplift.

I have a 3090 so this is relevant to me :colbert:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Looks pretty good for being two console generations behind

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Endorph posted:

sure its just wild to see even goons, in 2020, parading around 9/10 and 10/10 scores and defensively coming up with a list of reasons why the handful of mediocre reviews are invalid. its like nobodys grown up since people were melting down about twilight princess getting an 8.8.

The funniest part of this is one of the goons doing this was unironically decrying hype culture as "toxic" just pages earlier.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

The list of things to cling to is getting longer as more impressions and footage come out. Come on.

It's kind of weird how many people desperately want this game to be bad in spite of overwhelming evidence that it's very very good

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Bardeh posted:

I thought the S was the base xbox one? I didn't think it improved on the specs at all, just changed the form factor?

The S has slightly higher clock, 4k upscaling and hdr, and a faster bus with usb3 ports.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

this actually owns, im afraid

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Endorph posted:

People love justifying their purchases

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Endorph posted:

Its wild and sad.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TheRat posted:

It's kind of weird how many people desperately want this game to be bad in spite of overwhelming evidence that it's very very good

It's going to be the TLOU2 of 2020. :(

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm simply shocked that 7 year old hardware runs games like this. Flabbergasted even!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

To be honest, I have no context of how a modern open world should look on a base ps4. How Watch Dogs Legion look?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

With fans like this, CDPR doesn't need a marketing department...

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

is this supposed to look unforgivably bad because people still play GTA5 almost a decade later :laffo:

i forgot how vocally mentally ill people get on the eve of a huge release

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
tlou2 was the schindler's list of video games. The Seven Samurai. the van wilder's freshman year

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Turin Turambar posted:

To be honest, I have no context of how a modern open world should look on a base ps4. How Watch Dogs Legion look?

better than this

Yeah, it's a horrible quality compressed Twitter video, but the man has an N64 face.

E: to be clear, I think Cyberpunk is going to own and I will buy it, but it's clear that the scope of the game left the base consoles behind long ago.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

stev posted:

It's going to be the TLOU2 of 2020. :(

I thought TLOU2 issue was chuds being mad at it.

Turin Turambar posted:

Looks amazing compared to that, so the poster above saying " its 7 year old hardware" doesn't excuse it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Lol imagine trying to play this game on a base PS4 and hear anything over the sound of the exhaust fans.