Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
so i should do the normal chalice and the central ones for the questline? and save the root ones for loving around in, i guess thats the one i've heard about, with people going so deep they found cut monsters wandering around or something. im missing the hintertomb or whatever its called but i got all the other base ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
If you're planning to do them at all then that's what I'd recommend, yes. There's no real point in diving into root dungeons unless you're desperate for echoes and whatever special materials can be found there.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hintertomb is IIRC a drop from the previous fixed chalice dungeon

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

yeah the root dungeons are what you can take or leave. They are mostly just a way to kill some time. The main chalices are basically a game within a game. They aren't as good as the main game but there's unique bosses and enemies as well as environments that are exclusive to chalice dungeons. And you need to do them if you go for the plat.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i'm curious, but for those who beat Amnesia Rebirth, was that actually the first videogame depiction of breastfeeding? or just the most realistic? In this hellworld I can imagine certain hosed up internet conservative types going loving apeshit because of that scene

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

welp, 2077 rhetoric sounding rough, as expected

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Apparently the game is giving people seizures because there's an in-game device that uses a flashing lights pattern very similar to the one used for medically induced seizures

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1336067698111950849

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 8, 2020

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Alright got the BB plat!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Apparently the game is giving people seizures because there's an in-game device that uses a flashing lights pattern very similar to the one used for medically induced seizures

Why the gently caress would you use a medical seizure-inducing device as a template and mimic it as accurately as possible as they seem to have? :stonk:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bows1 posted:

Alright got the BB plat!

Nice work, yo. Fear the old blood!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

bows1 posted:

Alright got the BB plat!

:yeah:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

can't wait for the Gamer defences of this poo poo

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sounds like you’re too casual to survive true hardcore games

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

they'll patch that seizure thing, i'm surprised that there isn't a set of standards for stuff like that

i'm epileptic but not that kind which is good for my video games habit because i feel like they'd wreck you pretty often

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caesar Saladin posted:

they'll patch that seizure thing, i'm surprised that there isn't a set of standards for stuff like that

i'm epileptic but not that kind which is good for my video games habit because i feel like they'd wreck you pretty often

Sure, but it's notable because it's the kind of thing that never should've gotten out of the design stage, let alone into a retail build, before someone pointed out it consistently causes seizures.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I definitely agree, I just mean that there should be someone working there who's responsibilities should include checking for the most basic accessibility stuff like that. Compared to Naughty Dog for instance, who put a whole lot of work and effort into stuff like that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Epilepsy checking guy got put on extra dildo duty

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caesar Saladin posted:

I definitely agree, I just mean that there should be someone working there who's responsibilities should include checking for the most basic accessibility stuff like that. Compared to Naughty Dog for instance, who put a whole lot of work and effort into stuff like that.

Oh absolutely on both counts :hmmyes:.

Sakurazuka posted:

Epilepsy checking guy got put on extra dildo duty

It's not a real Cyberpunk experience without accurate teledildonic feedback and furthermore-

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why the gently caress would you use a medical seizure-inducing device as a template and mimic it as accurately as possible as they seem to have? :stonk:

Why would Netherrealm give their developers PTSD in their pursuit of ever more realistic gore in their 80's crossover fighting game? The world may never know.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i'm curious, but for those who beat Amnesia Rebirth, was that actually the first videogame depiction of breastfeeding? or just the most realistic? In this hellworld I can imagine certain hosed up internet conservative types going loving apeshit because of that scene

There's a scene in Wolfenstein 2 (the recent one) where an NPC monologues while nursing a baby, but Amnesia is the first time I can think of where you do it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Why would Netherrealm give their developers PTSD in their pursuit of ever more realistic gore in their 80's crossover fighting game? The world may never know.

Ahh I do believe that this is because video game gore rules and Fatalities are badass.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

kirbysuperstar posted:

Looks like less defense and more assault

https://twitter.com/DirtyEffinHippy/status/1336204870970433536

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I’m going to be waiting until I get a PS5 to get 2077 I think. It has much more chance of being a somewhat finished game by then anyway.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I’m going to be waiting until I get a PS5 to get 2077 I think. It has much more chance of being a somewhat finished game by then anyway.

This has been my strategy from the very beginning

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

fridge corn posted:

This has been my strategy from the very beginning
I guess in retrospect, Witcher 3 is the only one of their games I’ve bought it launch, and it comparatively had its poo poo together at that time compared to the others.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I’m going to be waiting until 2077 to get a Ps5.

Ftfy

Or at least how it feels for me

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Jesus Christ.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Twibbit posted:

Ftfy

Or at least how it feels for me
The other day I went to a little independent game store far away from downtown to ask about PS5’s. They were taking pre-orders but they stopped at 2000. This is a shop that I’ve only ever seen two other customers in at one time.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Cyberpunk 2077 is sounding worse by the minute and CDPR complete buffoons.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I haven’t heard anything bad said about the driving though. I assumed that would be the worst part, based on how bad they are in any kind of precise movement in any previous game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I haven’t heard anything bad said about the driving though. I assumed that would be the worst part, based on how bad they are in any kind of precise movement in any previous game.

It looked..fine, not notable I guess. Which is..uhh..well, it's fine.

I didn't realise I was buying 500mL cans of Asahi and my vocab is already dwindling.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

WaltherFeng posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 is sounding worse by the minute and CDPR complete buffoons.

I think I'm gonna wait a while on Cuberpunk 2077, as I've got a backlog anyway and there's probably gonna be a shitload of fine-tuning and bugfixing post-release with a game this size.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

First one that I can remember. Internet conservative types aren’t playing a game where the main character is a french woman so they didn’t get that far.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Some casual googling tells me that there is a surprising amount of debate about breastfeeding while playing video games, but not a lot about breastfeeding in video games, so chances are good.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
It sucks that Cyberpunk 2077 might have some major issues. Still, I am looking forward to it and we'll see in two days. But since here in Europe we literally don't even know when are PS5s goign to be in stock, and I am not willing to play it on my PS4 Pro, I'll do PC. I'll probably refund it on Steam if it turns out extremely lovely but I'm hoping it won't.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The giddy bloodlust some people seem to have for cyberpunk is insufferable.*

*not referring to people saying they are going to wait, that's probably a smart move.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People are making fun of it, but not to my desired level!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I played a few hours of Silent Hill 4 last night for the first time in about fifteen years. It is sooooo relevant at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I played a few hours of Silent Hill 4 last night for the first time in about fifteen years. It is sooooo relevant at the moment

How so? Silent Hill is an IP I'd love to visit someday with a proper port (iirc I only played a bit of the PSP game, yes yes...) and I kinda liked the first film (yes, yes).