Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The wolf dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Well, as soon as Daly announces a Patreon, for sure. But I'm guessing that'll be after the season wraps up.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Satellite radio people don't understand why people listen to podcasts, or what podcast listeners want.

Shocking

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

feedmyleg posted:

Well, as soon as Daly announces a Patreon, for sure. But I'm guessing that'll be after the season wraps up.

He's only got 450 episodes to go!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Literally can’t wait to cancel my Stitcher Premium sub.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

feedmyleg posted:

I like Bonanas for Bonanza a lot, but if they moved Bonusanas for Bonusanza to Patreon, that would be day one sign up.

(They even pitched it with Dalton and Mutt: Bottom Getters)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

fadam posted:

Literally can’t wait to cancel my Stitcher Premium sub.

I'd like to take this moment to thank Stitcher for offering one month of Premium free before charging the listener

Because I had to sign up for it TWICE last weekend after signing up via the website wouldn't allow me to log in via the phone app. Now I get to cancel it a second time after I grab some back catalogs.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Gourley seems over the moon with Patreon on With Gourley and Rust, I can't imagine he isn't filling Daly's head with ideas.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'd subscribe to the Andy Daly Podcast Patreon Project.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I think that Bonanas is maybe a bit too niche to attract as big a Patreon following as Andy could pull by doing more varied character stuff. Still, I'm there for whatever he's gonna put out.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sean, hayes, carl, and andy start the big new rival podcast studio... but will the power go to their heads?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Grey King Studios

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

eke out posted:

sean, hayes, carl, and andy start the big new rival podcast studio... but will the power go to their heads?

If those heads get too big andy might give em a slice.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Sad my annual sub isn’t up for a few months but I’m absolutely not renewing. See y’all on patreon, where #iwantmycowboytv is legal

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Good for the boys. There's really no reason for any established show to be on Earwolf at this point.

Earwolf and stitcher premium were right that people would be willing to pay for podcasts but they got literally every detail wrong

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Earwolf and stitcher premium were right that people would be willing to pay for podcasts but they got literally every detail wrong

yeah lol "what if people paid us for podcasts and we limited them to a product inferior to literally every free podcast app in existence?" was an idea that lasted longer than it ever should've, based solely on getting exclusive rights to a small handful of shows that people already liked

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"People are willing to pay us for content they already enjoy."
"Great! Let's buy the company and lowball all the employees producing that content."

That Variety article about Conan inventing podcasts really was the beginning of the end, huh

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

But if Earwolf dies what will happen to this thread :ohdear:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Wolf Dead: The Andy Daly and Friends Patreon Project

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The UCB LA Patreon Podcast Diaspora Megathread

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
at least chef kevin has that big insurance money... he will survive :pray:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

So if I'm understanding correctly, the main feed HH show is straight-up ending, and the Pro Version will be continuing on their Patreon?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Consummate Professional posted:

Wow, Handbook Pro Version and Masterclass season 3 are going to the Flagrant Ones Patreon. Nothing to keep me on sticker premium now, I guess.
fuckyeah

i might resub to stitcher at some point to mass download all the cbb/hdtgm/hollywood handbook eps, but handbook pro version and masterclass were the only stitcher premium things i cared about, excepting threedom but that goes free eventually.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah I am going have to go back and download all the teacher's lounge to keep

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

So if I'm understanding correctly, the main feed HH show is straight-up ending, and the Pro Version will be continuing on their Patreon?

the main show is continuing, just not on earwolf

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
analyze phish has been hard coded onto my hard drive for like 6 years now, i gotta go back for HH now.

I will still listen to threedom

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

What is the best way to download the archives onto like, a PC? I use the RSS feeds with my podcast app but if I wanted to store them on my computer, what all would I need to do?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

The Senator Giroux posted:

What is the best way to download the archives onto like, a PC? I use the RSS feeds with my podcast app but if I wanted to store them on my computer, what all would I need to do?

I go to the html source, search "mp3" then right click and download

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I mean most PC applications that let you add RSS feeds also just let you download the episodes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Gpodder will save all episodes of a RSS feed to your documents folder.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

mennoknight posted:

I go to the html source, search "mp3" then right click and download

Snooze Cruise posted:

I mean most PC applications that let you add RSS feeds also just let you download the episodes.

I figured it would be that easy but figured I’d check. Thanks!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The downside to this is while I can totally afford it I'm kind of about to hit my limit on patreon podcasts. Again, I'm going to sound like a cheapass but if I end up paying 30-40 dollars a month on podcasts I might have to take a long hard look at ones I really want to listen to. Especially because i'm already paying for ad free versions of stuff/exclusive content on other sites like Giant Bomb.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah like at that point i would rather just do the thing big grande did and pay 30 bucks for a whole catalog once and not have to worry about subs, i only need like one or two pateron podcasts

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
2021: The year we all begin hopping around like 8 different $5 Patreons month-to-month

I noticed #TheFlagrantOnes is cutting this behavior off at the pass by offering a discount if you pay for a year upfront.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yep, I just had to rejigger all my Patreons because of this. I like that Big Grande did the one-and-done model for their new stuff on their site rather than have it be another Patreon because I would've had to make some tough choices.

But the thing about Patreon is that even if I'm overspending, at least I know the money is going directly to the creators rather than assuming they're getting the short end of the stick.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

soggybagel posted:

The downside to this is while I can totally afford it I'm kind of about to hit my limit on patreon podcasts. Again, I'm going to sound like a cheapass but if I end up paying 30-40 dollars a month on podcasts I might have to take a long hard look at ones I really want to listen to. Especially because i'm already paying for ad free versions of stuff/exclusive content on other sites like Giant Bomb.

yeah the increasing trend of "every single podcast has its own patreon" is not sustainable. i'm glad HH is going to the existing flagrant ones patreon

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

feedmyleg posted:

Yep, I just had to rejigger all my Patreons because of this. I like that Big Grande did the one-and-done model for their new stuff on their site rather than have it be another Patreon because I would've had to make some tough choices.

But the thing about Patreon is that even if I'm overspending, at least I know the money is going directly to the creators rather than assuming they're getting the short end of the stick.

This is absolutely true and the silver lining. One thing I started doing which is a bit of a pain in the rear end because I'm very lazy, but about 5 months ago I cancelled my Netflix account. I realized I was barely watching anything on it. Maybe one thing every few weeks. So now, I'll re-up my Netflix if something really really peaks my interest and then just cancel again so I'm only billed on one billing cycle. I might re-up to watch Mank and then check out a few other things but its all getting to be a bit much. I don't have HBO max right now but I might have to get it to check out some of the movies coming out early next year.

But if you look at it theres just so much "content" right now in a fractured media landscape. You have HBO Max, Apple TV+, Peacock, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, (RIP QUIBI), all the sports specific streaming things, all the patreon podcasts. I also subscribe to things like the new york times, the athletic, etc.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
the fact the wolf dead was super clear when kulap started her show on not-earwolf

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
RIP Widow Howl-App

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

Speaking of, I just watched the 3rd episode of Exit 42. The whole episode I'm wondering "Where are they going with this," then the pivot in the last 4 minutes had me doubled over. Drew just screaming "WHAT IS THIS" worked both in the scene and as commentary.