Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Simone Magus posted:

Cool, a cis guy telling a trans person what is and isn't trans

Lol great thread

cool, someone deciding what someone is

chill, this is also you've posted about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Simone Magus posted:

Lol great thread

Zaphod42 is a known liar and troll, why pay him any mind at all?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Why would you show me this, I now want this and it doesn't exist :(

zhar
May 3, 2019

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

My GoG install is 59Gb...

that's the download size I'm getting but I'm assuming it's compressed. A nice surprise after downloading rdr2 recently

Simone Magus posted:

You actually are trans if this post is serious.

I'm not so sure about this

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Simone Magus posted:

"I like playing as a female because I want to be one"

If you're not female and you want to be, you literally are trans

"it would be fun to be girly and have cute hair and clothes and stuff sometimes" is not the same as "I want to be female"

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Spuckuk posted:

Why would you show me this, I now want this and it doesn't exist :(
you could for sure just make this

its a wire cutter

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ymgve posted:

"it would be fun to be girly and have cute hair and clothes and stuff sometimes" is not even remotely the same as "I want to be female"

And isn’t “I want to be a woman” rather different from “I have always been woman”

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I mean cis dudes do drag all the time? source: i am an irl tran

I'm here cause I love Witcher 3 and stayed for the chaos about seizure-inducing blinking lights

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Xachariah posted:

Naaaah I'm a manly man, it would just be nice to have cute clothes and hair and play dress-up sometimes OKAY?!

Beardy men deserve to feel like princesses too.

Sorry, I thought you were serious when you said you "want to be" female. If all you meant was that you want to look pretty, that's okay too! :)

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

The Grumbles posted:

Geralt is an interesting one because (at least by the time you get to the Witcher 3) the writing is good enough where characters recognise and call out Geralt's weaknesses. I remember his friend - the dwarf dude - openly mocking him for not understanding humour, or for naming every horse he's ever owned "Roach". You also spend a lot time being shunned by people because they find you a bit intense, and the only times Geralt really gets going emotionally is when he's solving monster crimes. In many ways I genuinely think Geralt in The Witcher 3 specifically is the closest mainstream games have got to an autistic protagonist, or at least a protagonist that feels like a metaphor for autism.

This makes a ton of sense and puts my thoughts on Geralt into words I couldn't come up with myself.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Starks posted:

The game has a 91 on metacritic what are you talking about

Although maybe it would be lower if they actually let reviewers play the console version.

I fully expect to see the number drop, again mid/high 70's to somewhere in the 80's is going to be my guess where it ends up with critics.

The player rating is going to be a total poo poo show.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Simone Magus posted:

Sorry, I thought you were serious when you said you "want to be" female. If all you meant was that you want to look pretty, that's okay too! :)

Seemed pretty clear they meant they wanted to be it ingame

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

hobbesmaster posted:

And isn’t “I want to be a woman” rather different from “I have always been woman”

I mean, yes, but they're both expressions of trans

"Trans" is a pretty big spectrum! :)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

Why can't you present as feminine in real life? What's stopping you?

Do you folks not know there's such a thing as bigender? I present as masculine or feminine for days or weeks at a time and change whenever I want to. Not all trans people are the same and gender euphoria is a real thing

looking like the white version of this dude:

so unless I can *snaps fingers* present like:

I'm not interested. The real life technology just isn't there yet, so I'm content to not rock the boat and just work with what I got, and keep doing the girl thing virtually

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm not interested. The real life technology just isn't there yet, so I'm content to not rock the boat and just work with what I got

You have a gold arm? Goddamn. :v:

e: More seriously I wish people could just be what they want and not get any grief for it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Simone Magus posted:

I mean, yes, but they're both expressions of trans

"Trans" is a pretty big spectrum! :)

We're talking about in a game here, right? "I chose a female character because I want to be [a female character in a video game]"?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Six AM posted:

Sweet, now i know for sure not to play that game

It's an incredibly well written game but the number of midlife crisis failsons who love it because it's so relatable is largely disconcerting

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm not interested. The real life technology just isn't there yet, so I'm content to not rock the boat and just work with what I got

Ohhh okay I get you :)

Yeah the technology thing... definitely a valid argument. We're just not there yet.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

this thread kinda sucks doesn't it

neon lights, robo arms, and brain hacking are pretty cool tho

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

you could for sure just make this

its a wire cutter

That's clearly a bread cutter :v:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
It would be cool if there was some NPC friend of yours ingame that switches bodies like clothes so it's totally random whether they present as female or male whenever you meet them.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Eason the Fifth posted:

It's an incredibly well written game but the number of midlife crisis failsons who love it because it's so relatable is largely disconcerting

Why is it disconcerting that a game about failure resonates with people in a generally collapsing society? It's somewhat of an underserved theme having its moment, esp for the gamers

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Zeta Acosta posted:

this game is going to be loving incredible

lmao just loving unreal

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I pre ordered the game, but doesn't anyone remember that Witcher was a mess at released and needed a bunch of QoL patches?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Y'all should read Steel Beach.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Sab669 posted:

That's clearly a bread cutter :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMYKQc-MVIM

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Bleusilences posted:

Like I pre ordered the game but doesn't anyone remember that Witcher was a mess at released and needed a bunch of QoL patches?

It wasn't as bad as some of the reviewers seem to have experienced with CP2077, but I'm not sure how fair a comparison we can make until we've played with the day 1 patch. Apparently the mid review patch made a huge difference but many reviewers didn't install it since it required you to make a fresh save.

At the moment the info about the quality of the game is such a confusing and contradictory mess we I don't think anyone can compare. It's certainly not about QoL issues though.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Sab669 posted:

That's clearly a bread toaster :v:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I enjoy playing female characters in games, but wouldn't want to become female in real life. Just the same as I enjoy playing psychotic murderers in games, and would not want to become one irl. Also, growing up playing games there wasn't very much opportunity to play anything but a straightwhitedude. In recent years that issue has been in the process of getting fixed, and due to that I enjoy picking the options I never really could before, like different genders or ethnicities, just for the variety if nothing else.

Interesting discussion even if it does make some people go all weird.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ymgve posted:

It would be cool if there was some NPC friend of yours ingame that switches bodies like clothes so it's totally random whether they present as female or male whenever you meet them.

Yeah for sure. I was actually expecting stuff like that. :(

There's not a lot of bigender representation, I literally can't think of any that isn't a result of being crazy (Norma/n Bates, eg)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ymgve posted:

Altered Carbon tries to play with this cool concept but the book author is a transphobe because this world is deeply awful

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My PC version from Best Buy is ready for pickup lmao. I'll go grab it and spoiler tag some photos from the physical stuff in the box.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Cactus posted:

Also because past experience tells me that female voice actors are better than their male counterparts like 90% of the time.

It's this. I don't know why this is true, but it's true.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Tim Whatley posted:

My PC version from Best Buy is ready for pickup lmao. I'll go grab it and spoiler tag some photos from the physical stuff in the box.

Please do not TD-spike it when you get it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Altered Carbon tries to play with this cool concept but the book author is a transphobe because this world is deeply awful

I liked the tv series. I'd download into a GreenB female designed clone in a heartbeat, but that's probably like year 2500 tech, if we don't covid ourselves to death.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Cactus posted:

I enjoy playing female characters in games, but wouldn't want to become female in real life. Just the same as I enjoy playing psychotic murderers in games, and would not want to become one irl. Also, growing up playing games there wasn't very much opportunity to play anything but a straightwhitedude. In recent years that issue has been in the process of getting fixed, and due to that I enjoy picking the options I never really could before, like different genders or ethnicities, just for the variety if nothing else.

Interesting discussion even if it does make some people go all weird.

Honestly, what's always seemed weird to me are people who specifically try to make their ingame character be exactly like they are IRL

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Lol great thread

lmao

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Tim Whatley posted:

gonna lol when it's just a printed out download code in a box

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

Honestly, what's always seemed weird to me are people who specifically try to make their ingame character be exactly like they are IRL

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Bleusilences posted:

I pre ordered the game, but doesn't anyone remember that Witcher was a mess at released and needed a bunch of QoL patches?

I don't remember if there were any patches for two and three when they released or not but I played them just fine. Never saw any bugs. Never had any issues.

Later CDPR did make changes that helped some issues people had but I was never one of those people. I played the games and loved them as they were.

The original Witcher I could not play for some months because my laptop at the time was incapable of handling it, by that time I could play it I assume it had patches.