Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Any of the people with press copies down a deep dive on skills/stats yet?

Oh yeah, the OP links to a lot of info and there's more out there, basically all the skill trees have been spoiled and the attributes have been known forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Incidentally the coupon for the merch store expires in a week and a lot of good stuff is out of stock. Still the samurai hoodie is a pretty reliable buy if you have interest in owning such things

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
gently caress I thought I was set on going Nomad for my first run since it fits thematically. I'm a stranger to Night City and so is V but I'm pretty tempted to go Corpo. I'll always play as evil a character as a game will let me and corpo will probably fit better with that.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

No, console is not global unlock. Xbox region matters. PS4 you can't cheat.

PC is global and VPN doesn't matter.

The truth is a mystery because the Cyberpunk Twitter says midnight local time but my Xbox says 7pm ET. Only one of them can be right.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh yeah, the OP links to a lot of info and there's more out there, basically all the skill trees have been spoiled and the attributes have been known forever.

Yeah I know the leaks but I was hoping someone with the game did a more detailed breakdown of everything with some in game experience.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

FuzzySlippers posted:

Any of the people with press copies down a deep dive on skills/stats yet?

https://www.purecyberpunk.com/gameinfo/attributes-skills-and-perks/ has detailed info on stats/skills/perks

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

mysteryberto posted:

Is there any way to preload this game for PC if I preordered the physical copy? I'm guessing I'm stuck waiting for a box to get delivered to my house on launch day but thought I'd ask just in case.

Was wondering the same, I ordered something from Game UK a while back and they emailed me a digital code so I could play while waiting for the physical box to arrive. Is that kind of thing happening anywhere with CP2077? If yes, which store, Game UK, Amazon, something else?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Are there any gameplay differences between starting paths? Like do corpos get a bonus to hacking or something?

No clue, but first 6 hours is completely different apparently for each. I think story path is main difference. As in some quests aren’t available. Could be gear too.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Huh, interesting, the design of that site gives me strong old school 90's game walkthrough site vibes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hamelekim posted:

No clue, but first 6 hours is completely different apparently for each. I think story path is main difference. As in some quests aren’t available. Could be gear too.

The prologue is around 6 hours? drat that's only slightly shorter then the average COD game....I'm surprised they didn't hype the prologue more. I figured it was 1-2 hours most.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Yeah I know the leaks but I was hoping someone with the game did a more detailed breakdown of everything with some in game experience.

They kinda have but you're gonna have to watch like a 2 hour review video

I mean if you don't have like a single question then its not something that can be easily summarized

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

The prologue is around 6 hours? drat that's only slightly shorter then the average COD game....I'm surprised they didn't hype the prologue more. I figured it was 1-2 hours most.

Several reviews/first impressions have said that the prologue is about 4-6 hours.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hamelekim posted:

There are some people you will never meet if you don't do all three playthroughs.

Yeah, like your family and coworkers!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VolticSurge posted:

Several reviews/first impressions have said that the prologue is about 4-6 hours.

NIce, even if it's more like 4, honestly that likes the size of a decentish DLC (obviously not Witcher ones, but I haven't played those), so I'm really impressed. I'm kind of tempted to play each until you get to the main story and then just switch back and forth.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I'm just ready for someone like fextralife to do build videos. Rather than reviewers droning on about the same poo poo I just wanna hear crunchy rpg mechanics

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long is the game

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I’m definitely done with videos and reviews etc

Kept my exposure to as low a level as I could

Now I might just take a bunch of melatonin to make it be tomorrow

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
BIG

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

How long is the game

12cm.

17cm if you don’t take it out of the case.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Spuckuk posted:

If you need a really ott, cyberpunk in mostly aesthetic only, ultimately fun show, the anime Akudama Drive thats airing right now might do you.

Akudama Drive owns and the animation is gorgeous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvYEZh5Ftk

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

How long is the game

As long as you play it for.

But if you just played one life path from the beginning to the end of the main story and skipped any side quests I think I heard 20 hours, I dunno if that includes the prologue.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

How long is the game

Depends on how much of it you want to experience

All of it? Multiple play throughs at 60-70 hours a piece

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

History Comes Inside! posted:

12cm.

17cm if you don’t take it out of the case.

Someone in the deep dark recesses of the net.......Slof stirs.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

MadJackal posted:

I'll second this.

Fall has one amazing idea about the future of Red states becoming paranoid, parallel reality-dwelling Ameristanis, fueled by a constant feed of AI-created incomprehensible memes shown to them at all times.

The rest of the book is endless, long stretches of trash written in the dry style of the Bible.

Yes!! That whole thing, and the notion of having to subscribe to someone who trims all the bullshit of the internet out for you, and how rich people would have someone personally curate their Feed, and how people will just get completely disconnected from any kind of shared reality at all... it was great stuff

And it comprises maybe 10 total pages of text, all of which is discarded as you say in favor of what becomes, let's face it, a Piers Anthony novel

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Simone Magus posted:

And it comprises maybe 10 total pages of text, all of which is discarded as you say in favor of what becomes, let's face it, a Piers Anthony novel

Trying to imagine a harsher statement one could direct towards a work of fiction

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
What do the individual attribute increases do? The only ones I've seen so far are for reflexes and technical

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

From the way the lorebook describes them, the nomads seem like the "new" Native Americans, is that right?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

From the way the lorebook describes them, the nomads seem like the "new" Native Americans, is that right?

kinda. in the sense of like they are tribe type society that moves around and stuff and alot of it is based on family ties and poo poo and they have more of a collective property thing. sorta.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What are the odds on a day/week one patch for PC release on the epilepsy triggers?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

AEMINAL posted:

Anyone read the quantum thief trilogy? Now thats some badass hyper-futuristic-quantum-violence fuckery right there!

I didn’t understand a loving thing and I loved every word of it.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Grouchio posted:

What are the odds on a day/week one patch for PC release on the epilepsy triggers?

Pretty likely I imagine. Not even having a warnng up front is something corpos would want to handle so they don't need to deal with lawsuits

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grouchio posted:

like day 1 or 2, thats legit "someone get hurt and we will get sued" type stuff.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

allergic to nuts: stay away from nuts

allergic to flashing lights: ignore everything because i must play the latest video game :goonsay:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I wouldn't call them the new native Americans.

That's kinda pushing it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

like day 1 or 2, thats legit "someone get hurt and we will get sued" type stuff.

They don’t get successfully sued, it’s covered in the EULA.

But yeah PR wise and just being good people they should patch it ASAP.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

"Honesty, integrity, and a love of freedom" just screams redneck with a strong personal code to me,

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Last Call posted:

I wouldn't call them the new native Americans.

That's kinda pushing it.

Yeah, that’s a little “yikes” to me.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Grouchio posted:

Considering they can get sued big time, it's a given.

I'm sure we'll see some sort of patch overall for PC as well. It's hard to imagine we won't.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Grouchio posted:

I don't think they want to pay US hospital bills after people end up in the ER from an eptilic seizure after finding out they have epilepsy in cyberpunk lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

MazelTovCocktail posted:

clocked from start to finish on hard difficulty :unsmith: