Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

queeb posted:

3070 seems to be out performing the 3080 right now somehow.

Where are you seeing that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Somebody just said she was running at ultra tho lmao

She went through the settings, and graphics were all "high". She said she had day 0 patch other reviewers mentioned, but not day 1 yet. All the bugs I've noticed during watching for an hour were bodies acting weird and weapons rising in the air.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
So how are the subtitles and visual cues for stuff for hard of hearing people to those that played it?

Am I gonna get blown up by a grenade that I don't hear beeping next to me?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is an in-game ad it shows Mars as a terraformed world that strongly implies it could be future DLC.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

queeb posted:

3070 seems to be out performing the 3080 right now somehow.

Are you sure you're looking at comparable settings? Some of the videos and streams are comparing the 3080 with RT and what not versus lower settings on the 3070 because they don't find the 3070 capable of higher RT.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The Fool posted:

Looking at YouTube clips that purport to be full intros, but they’re only 25-ish minutes long. What happened to the multiple hours long intro people were talking about?

I haven't read the reviews folks are talking about, but I think it kind of depends on where you situate the path intros (which are basically just quick tutorials) and the prologue (which may be Act 1? I had to stop right at the start).

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Is Billy Idol in this

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Turin Turambar posted:

Where are you seeing that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSeaCDZGeE

these guys are benchmarking. they actually hosed up and had to retest the 3070 since a setting was wrong. so with RT its lower, same fps as the 80/90 with ultra no dlss.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Peacing out for now. Game's got some issues, but it's starting to pick up quests wise. Not much to speak of in the side quests stuff early on, though.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Honestly I think nobody will know what settings make any sense until Digital Foundry does their full breakdown with the day 1 patch and drivers.

There is probably at least 1 setting that costs 30 FPS for 1% image quality gain when you move it from Ultra to High or High to Medium. Everyone one of these dumb games seems to have one.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Watching The Spiffing Brit's stream on Youtube and as soon as the credits finished after the tutorial, it crashed.

He says it's crashed less in 5 hours than Skyrim, to be fair.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Procedural Dildo Veins : Ultra

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Turn Dildo-effects to low and everything runs better.

e, fb

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Is Billy Idol in this

No, and this is not the Bob Dylan of video games

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The Fool posted:

Looking at YouTube clips that purport to be full intros, but they’re only 25-ish minutes long. What happened to the multiple hours long intro people were talking about?

What happened is 'communication on Internet'.

People confused the exclusive part of each background, 30 minutes as you said, calling that "prologue", with what other people call "prologue", the first 5 hours in Watson (the starting district) as it is closed off from the rest and when it finishes you have the title drop on screen and the world is open fully.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
would be real punk of them to let me play the loving game right now lol

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I watched 10 minutes of Shroud playing the prologue and I'm already invested in the story and what happens next. Can't wait for it to unlock on PC today.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Titanic posted:

So how are the subtitles and visual cues for stuff for hard of hearing people to those that played it?

I heard if you turn on subtitles it just pulses the phrase "gently caress you, deaf-o."

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ErrEff posted:

Collection sold out to a major label, songs will be used for toothbrush commercials forever.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Slumpy posted:

would be real punk of them to let me play the loving game right now lol

I've heard in this game you can do missions for the cops and still recieve "street-cred"

It's more like boot-licking punk.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I'd love to just have the character creator available now! They could do a webapp or something just so we can get it out of the way.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

ErrEff posted:

A "cyber punk" game without Billy Idol smdh

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

sean10mm posted:

Everyone is going to re-learn that Ultra settings in CDPR games aren't realistic for anybody with hardware that exists when it comes out. Witcher 3 maxed out at under 60 FPS on top cards of the time at 1080p, and that was before you turned on full hariworks lolll

Like a 3090 isn't a high frame rate gaming card at Ultra in 2077 until you go down to 1080p and turn on DLSS lmao

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The Titanic posted:

I play with subs on (because of a sleeping baby and a need to keep my volume low) and while nobody's thrown a grenade at me yet, subs are visible and easy to track while other things are going on and I haven't hard a hard time tracking where damage has been coming from during combat really.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I have a GTX1080 standard...and I play at 1440p...guess I'll be living in a potato punk fantasy world soon.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The Fool posted:

lifepath intros converge after 30-60 minutes into the multiple hour prologue

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

This HECKIN UPS DRIVER with my new GPU has been like a mile down the street for 45 minutes according to the UPS tracker.

I haven't paid attention to console performance chat much; how's PS4 Pro performance looking? I was thinking about getting it for a christmas gift for a friend

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I'm still expecting that once the game unlocks and the 'day one patch' arrives, all the branding changes from CDPR to Volition, and it's revealed this is actually Saints Row V.

It would make perfect sense.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really hope all of the radio station songs become available to listen to outside of the game.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Some corpo-guy at CDPR during investors call: "The game was ready for PC in June!"

Only curated PC footage allowed for early reviews and still each one says it's full of bugs and crashes a lot.

I'm looking forward to playing it, but yeah....ready in June....

Reading that it's a lot like Deus Ex makes me really happy, though! Still no idea which path I'll take in a couple of ours...

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

watching that benchmarking steam. 570 on ultra is at 25 fps? for fucks sake 580, itll be fine on medium/high, what were they expecting?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

2080ti here, seems like I'm good to go! Not like it would matter since you can't find a 3080 anywhere.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

I have a GTX1080 standard...and I play at 1440p...guess I'll be living in a potato punk fantasy world soon.

Real punks play with all the settings on low, anyway.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Everything I've seen on streams so far indicates most of this game is sitting in a chair as 2 npcs talk nearby, followed by the same drive->shoot 1 guy->back to chair loop. Like 4+ hours of this after the 20 minute intro based on your life path, which is never mentioned again.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I'm shocked at the amount of chicken little-ing from people not being able to run the game at 4k ultra. The game will still look good at lower settings, it's not the end of the world.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

If there’s any PlayStation people who have got to play: how big is the initial patch?

Im preloaded, and it unlocks tonight here for me, but I’m afraid it’s gonna be an extra hour if there’s a 50 gig day one patch.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

lobsterminator posted:

I have a 486/33 with a Trident SVGA card. I think I need to play Neuromancer instead.

If you got the math coprocessor I think you can handle anything Cyberpunk can throw at you. :)

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

edit:
Settings, still not all of them

Graphics

Other

Controls

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 9, 2020

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Gaming at 1080p in 2020 :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I'm shocked at the amount of chicken little-ing from people not being able to run the game at 4k ultra. The game will still look good at lower settings, it's not the end of the world.

Hell it looked great on Series X. Though I'm not sure what that works out to with PC.