Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
How does it compare to Colonial Marines for hilarious bugs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Escape Goat posted:

Some pretty hilarious bugs already a few minutes in. This game is not ready for release, lol.

I doubt they could have delayed it again.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

pmchem posted:

hot takes from the site that also hated Disco Elysium and Witcher 3 at launch, I'm sure

Disco Elysium too? Jeez.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
DLCs should add more hair styles and clothes. This'll allow for extended customization and also for the NPC random generator to spit out more variety.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

pmchem posted:

hot takes from the site that also hated Disco Elysium and Witcher 3 at launch, I'm sure

Members of GB liked Disco Elysium and was one of their top 10 games of 2019.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

queeb posted:

watching the giant bomb stream and yeah it looks kinda rough.

the guide directing him to the next quest sent him through an opening his car couldn't fit and he got stuck in a fence lol

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

theyre pretty down on it in general, side quests havent seemed worth it. that IS gerstman though who didnt like W3 and whatnot

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

Members of GB liked Disco Elysium and was one of their top 10 games of 2019.

their quick look pooped all over it

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

pmchem posted:

I understand not getting into TW3, I bounced off a few times myself but... Disco Elysium? What? That game was basically screaming GOTY at me from all directions from about halfway through the first day

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The game looks broken but not Bloodlines or Obsidian broken. I just think you’ll enjoy it more by waiting a few months.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

hes also saying running it on crazy max ultra didnt look much better than medium

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I find Giant Bomb's poo poo incredibly loving grating just in general and I can't put my finger on why.

And it's not because they noticed bugs in Cyberpunk because I assumed day one for this thing would be rough lol

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

pmchem posted:

their quick look pooped all over it

Alex and Abby don’t represent all of GB.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

ufarn posted:

The game looks broken but not Bloodlines or Obsidian broken. I just think you’ll enjoy it more by waiting a few months.

I could be dead from Covid or Trump's impending civil war in a few months. gently caress that poo poo I'm playing it now, bugs be damned

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Some of the bugs in the SkillUp review are hilarious. Hilarious seeing them in a video, I guess it would be less funny if they would happen to me (and yes, there are also quest-breaking bugs)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
In giantbomb's stream they're just looting random junk in the gang's base and nobody is yelling at them for stealing, seems odd

I guess they consider those items junk and don't care if you take it for scrap and other things could still count as stealing

"You look like a dumbass in the best possible way" high praise of the gear appearance lmao

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

ZeeBoi posted:

Yeah Vinny shooting at plot NPCs and them not reacting was funny

TBF that's normal behaviour in like pretty much every AAA title, unless they 100% disable your "fire gun" button whenever you're near critical NPCs.
Sometimes they'll just force it down when you aim at one, and then you can aim two inches to the left of their head and empty your clip, and I don't think I have ever played a game where they actually acknowledge that.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

The_White_Crane posted:

TBF that's normal behaviour in like pretty much every AAA title, unless they 100% disable your "fire gun" button whenever you're near critical NPCs.
Sometimes they'll just force it down when you aim at one, and then you can aim two inches to the left of their head and empty your clip, and I don't think I have ever played a game where they actually acknowledge that.

In W2 and W3, if you draw your sword people get all "WTF?"

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

Alex and Abby don’t represent all of GB.

w/e, jeff hated TW3, I'm not gonna listen to his opinion or preview of CP2077. I'll judge for myself.

I've just seen that site having a lot of high profile bad takes on good games.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Y'all I just finished my last final of the semester (early!) so the foreseeable future is all about Cyberpunk!

Besides my wife and child and job and poo poo but otherwise I'm ready to cyber so hard

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

sean10mm posted:

I find Giant Bomb's poo poo incredibly loving grating just in general and I can't put my finger on why.

And it's not because they noticed bugs in Cyberpunk because I assumed day one for this thing would be rough lol

It's because they're going through the motions of covering a game no one there has any interest in for the clicks :ssh:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Deadreak posted:

I mean they had it in Witcher 3.... why not have it here as well? Such weird decision.

Almost every RPG that has robust character creation does not allow you to change the character until some later patch codes it in. It must be much more technically difficult to implement than I imagine (an assets in memory issue?) because on the surface of it, I feel like “you already have this, just let me access it again later!” But there must be more to it than that.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
One on hand, I think you should be able to meet any game on its own terms, and be able to play it the way it wants to be played. It's part of the job of the creator to make the audience want to come along with it, and the job of the audience to be willing to do so.

On the other hand, refusing to go along with it can be pretty funny on a stream.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I'm ready to Jack In to Cyber

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
GB, home of the dude who literally didn't know that pirates robbed people

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I kinda want to play this game with more bugs, like do that 200% increased animations slider.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Pirates were noble peaceful creatures, very misunderstood.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

No he works for WWE now

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

What? Like, how?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

One on hand, I think you should be able to meet any game on its own terms, and be able to play it the way it wants to be played. It's part of the job of the creator to make the audience want to come along with it, and the job of the audience to be willing to do so.

On the other hand, refusing to go along with it can be pretty funny on a stream.

Streamers will do what they do for the attention but at the end of the day millions will be losing their minds with the art you made :)

Are you like all hands on deck today or are you basically just sitting back and watching the release? I hope you get to enjoy a beer.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

sean10mm posted:

They think it should be some genre defining game because of Witcher 3 so they are being super critical of everything. Plus they are cynical in general.

Game looks perfectly playable and should be a lot of fun.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

JamMasterJim posted:

What? Like, how?

It was Dan, who now works for WWE on a podcast for New Day.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So I looked at some of the perks and there's one that auto-converts junk items you pick up into materials and I'm concerned about what it means for dildo collecting. :ohdear:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can you feel cool in this game. And look cool

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Hamelekim posted:

It was Dan, who now works for WWE on a podcast for New Day.

...and what did he believe pirates did? I'm curious.

If I google "dan giantbomb pirates" will I obtain an answer?
yes
https://clips.twitch.tv/embed

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Cavauro posted:

can you feel cool in this game. And look cool

No only horny is allowed

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

So I looked at some of the perks and there's one that auto-converts junk items you pick up into materials and I'm concerned about what it means for dildo collecting. :ohdear:

All your medkits are going to be crafted from broken down dildo materials

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Which type of dick is best?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

deus ex is probably my favorite GOAT and i just got a 3070 system so im thinking of pulling the trigger on this bad boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

giant bomb is very much the "yes honey" guy from the dick flattening meme now but a bunch of their criticisms seem valid. for instance being down on bugs, as is Jeff not liking the writing in the lore stuff despite having liked the same thing in the modern deus ex's. from good stuff, jeff has praised the main story itself a bunch

Turin Turambar posted:

...and what did he believe pirates did? I'm curious.

If I google "dan giantbomb pirates" will I obtain an answer?

he thought they walked people on planks and dug up treasure.