Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Absolutely mind boggling that people play GTA online. I've tried it like 3 times, nothing ever works correctly, so you're basically driving around the same city as singleplayer except it costs real money to have decent cash to spend and occasionally a whale will drive by in an invincible hackmobile and kill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BULBASAUR posted:

other games make more money and have more players... and I'm not even talking mobile games

its popular I don't disagree, but it's far from the most popular game rn

just so everybody is clear league of legends brought in like 1.5 billion. which is almost a billion more than GTAO

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Can't believe I'll be cybering punks in just 1 hour

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Skyl3lazer posted:

Absolutely mind boggling that people play GTA online. I've tried it like 3 times, nothing ever works correctly, so you're basically driving around the same city as singleplayer except it costs real money to have decent cash to spend and occasionally a whale will drive by in an invincible hackmobile and kill you.

It's only fun if you have IRL friends online playing with you. Then it's a giant ridiculous sandbox where you make your own adventures outside of the mini games.

One of my fondest memories was helicopter dropping cars onto the Hollywood Bowl stage and reenacting scenes from Pixar's Cars with them.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Skyl3lazer posted:

It's a godawful system, i tried playing it legit for 5 hours before I installed a cheat menu, tried out all the fun toys for a few hours, then never touched it again

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

No Mods No Masters posted:

until all you nerds try downloading the last patch on launch and nuke the servers

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:neckbeard:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Got my first Cyberpunk Glitch, installed new drivers and steam glitched out, so the countdown looks like this now:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

Got my first Cyberpunk Glitch, installed new drivers and steam glitched out, so the countdown looks like this now:

Oh no it's been delayed to January of 2056 now??

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Since everyone will be flooding the thread with their opinions soon I just wanted to remind people that if you like a game that someone else doesn't it makes you a bad person and you should feel really bad about yourself

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
GTA online is not very fun

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

GTA online was fun under a very specific set of conditions:

- Rampant hackers dropping money everywhere so you never had to spend real money or do the horribly garbage intended grinding activities
- Willingness/ability to enjoy sociopathically griefing people trying to do above activities

I genuinely believe the game is designed by and for sociopaths. It's the occam's razor explanation for everything about it. But I have to give it up, the oppressor was very fun to use in reasonable doses within this narrow window

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Traxis posted:

Since everyone will be flooding the thread with their opinions soon I just wanted to remind people that if you like a game that someone else doesn't it makes you a bad person and you should feel really bad about yourself

I knew it!

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Eraflure posted:

I want to play the videogame

fucky ou

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It’s a good looking Keanu Reeves, I’ll give them that.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

where's the patch?! i need proof that things are happening!!!

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Akarshi posted:

In fact, given the list of great buggy RPGs, one could even say that if an RPG launched without bugs, it's a bad sign for its actual quality....

To be fair, Yakuza 7 is an open world RPG that came out without any showstoppers. Granted a turn based JRPG rather than something more action oriented like Skyrim or the like.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Shirkelton posted:

many are saying this about Keanu Reeves and I agree

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I also tried *for real* GTA Online, I was attracted to all the variety of jobs and missions available. Except the online infrastructure is awful, as the waiting times, as the netcode 'feel', as the menus, the movement and shooting isn't the best as you know already, and while in fact it has lots of possible activities to do, 40% of them were trivial and uninteresting, the other 40% in theory more interesting but in the end were mediocre, leaving you with only 20% of the total. Oh yeah, and I'm forgetting the money grind and all that.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yeah I decided to give it a shot at one point and had this exact experience, it was a big shitshow and the only upside was I was my own unlikeable rear end in a top hat instead of one of the three protags.

Can't wait for Steam to poo poo the bed very very soon!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone unlock the Throw Knives skill yet? Are you actually throwing your melee weapon?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DykZEOV5wD4

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
One hour.

It's the final countdown.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I 100% completed GTA V single player about 4 months ago. I dont know what that says about me but there it is.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Kept getting "System Malfunction" in a cyberpunk themed popup box overlaid during a conversation with one of my choombas, and the game promptly framedropped out and crashed when we went for a drive.

Very cyberpunk.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Time to read Trauma Team comics, fourth one comes out next week.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

rap music posted:

where's the patch?! i need proof that things are happening!!!

Yeah what gives? It's rapidly approaching the point where I'll have to play after release because a ~50gb download takes me like 40 mins at best :confused:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Can anyone explain to me the etymology of 'choomba'. Is it the return of the glorious days of the choom gang

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Xachariah posted:

Yeah what gives? It's rapidly approaching the point where I'll have to play after release because a ~50gb download takes me like 40 mins at best :confused:

me and my 20mbps will be suffering depending on how big the patch is

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
This is actually just the Cyberpunk ARG where you have to "hack" the "game" and earn your right to play it. The $60 was just your entry pass.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

drat I dug the hell out of RDR2. It was so chill and I loved exploring and all the stuff people hated for being tedious. I even liked the missions at the end where you do nothing but ranch work.Guarma did feel a little undercooked though.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Xachariah posted:

Wow 40 WHOLE minutes? :australia:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Can anyone explain to me the etymology of 'choomba'. Is it the return of the glorious days of the choom gang

https://www.mariowiki.com/Choomba

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I live so far out in the country my internet connection is just people bringing sheets of paper with binary on it.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Hey I'm not forcing you to live in an overly hot hellworld with deadly creatures and bad internet!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Turin Turambar posted:

I also tried *for real* GTA Online, I was attracted to all the variety of jobs and missions available. Except the online infrastructure is awful, as the waiting times, as the netcode 'feel', as the menus, the movement and shooting isn't the best as you know already, and while in fact it has lots of possible activities to do, 40% of them were trivial and uninteresting, the other 40% in theory more interesting but in the end were mediocre, leaving you with only 20% of the total. Oh yeah, and I'm forgetting the money grind and all that.

gta online is a mmo for consoles that came out seven years ago and shows hella hard

edit: much like CP2077 will probably be 2020's GOTY despite it's flaws and that says a lot about 2020

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i played the hell out of rdr2 as it had lots of character, was gorgeous, and super chill, but i will concede that rockstar's mission design has been done to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

What's the consensus so far for PS4 Pro playability?

Did the patch fix a fair amount of things or is it still the struggle way to play this game? I dont mind waiting for down the way to get a PS5 (lol) and they release the next-gen patch for that, but if I could be playing it now and its not too bad, dont mind doing that either.