Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
A ‘vista’ is a scenic view of a landscape.

Hope that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

And another thing, why did they name the apple fruit after the company, just makes me assume they're way too expensive

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Sorry you had to find out this way.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eclipse12 posted:

Holy poo poo this:

And of course there are a bunch of people (including the Facebook page owner) defending it

Idiocy aside, "Risk It For The Brisket" is a great slogan.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Eclipse12 posted:

Holy poo poo this:

And of course there are a bunch of people (including the Facebook page owner) defending it

Oh yeah totally, I'm going to risk my health and probably kill my grandparents for a taste of your lovely-rear end Michigan "barbecue".

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Solice Kirsk posted:

Idiocy aside, "Risk It For The Brisket" is a great slogan.

Makes me happy the good BBQ joints around here managed to continue serving brisket without the need for me to risk it.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Memento posted:

Oh yeah totally, I'm going to risk my health and probably kill my grandparents for a taste of your lovely-rear end Michigan "barbecue".

Barbecue is surprisingly big in northern Michigan. Not surprisingly good, but surprisingly big. I know a ton of people who personally own smokers and big barbecue rigs and even small towns will have at least one dedicated BBQ restaurants.

We also have a lot of rednecks, Trumpers, confederate flags, pick-up trucks, etc. Northern Michigan is very... southern.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Is that what happened to kid rock?

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I'm gonna say yes. That song where Kid Rock namedrops "it was summer time in northern Michigan" plays on repeat here on radio stations from May to September. Dude knows how to create a base.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Eclipse12 posted:

I'm gonna say yes. That song where Kid Rock namedrops "it was summer time in northern Michigan" plays on repeat here on radio stations from May to September. Dude knows how to create a base.

Ah, yes, the song that namedrops Sweet Home Alabama but samples Werewolves of London.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cleretic posted:

Ah, yes, the song that namedrops Sweet Home Alabama but samples Werewolves of London.

it samples both, they just have the same chords

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

All songs use the same chords

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Yeah, it's the same drat thing.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Musicians are all just lazy copycats. All songs are just using pressure waves in the air to vibrate our ear drums and cause electrical signals in our brains. Why won't any of them innovate?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

oldpainless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOlDewpCfZQ

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*nods silently and takes notes while listening to Hallelujah Chorus and Thomas the Tank Engine Theme on high-fidelity headphones* There is no discernible difference

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Santa in a mask would be cute. I could see a campaign where he blithely thinks no one will EVER KNOW he’s Santa now!
This year my parents are giving our son a really sweet ornament of Santa wearing a mask. He looks surprised. :3:

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

YeahTubaMike posted:

Vistaprint has this "unregiftable" campaign going, and it seems kind of...not right? I mean, it sounds like it's promoting saddling people with gifts they don't want and creating litter.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Ooooookay. I definitely wasn't expecting such a strong reaction. :stare: Can you elaborate?

edit: ah, it got elaborated while I was poring over my wording. Cool.

It really, REALLY isn't. Like, I genuinely did not have any idea what message the commercial was supposed to convey -- my only idea was that it was trying to be ironic, but I didn't understand why it would ironically advertise its own products as bad. I'm no marketing exec but it seems like they should be playing up the cold impersonality of other gifts instead of the "unregiftability" of their own.

Isn't the idea that the gifts are super personalized? They're not unregiftable cause they're bad, but because they're made to only suit the person you're giving them to.

They probably are actually bad though.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Eclipse12 posted:

Holy poo poo this:

Bubba's 33 had a campaign just as indoor dining started up again here in MI called "Burgers for the Brave" that only applied when eating in. I just looked it up and it may have had a charitable component, but the wording and timing of it really pissed me off. Not risking death for a burger means you're not brave?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If you die at the table, burg in hand, then you get to go to Burghalla.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

oldpainless posted:

http://everynoise.com.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Captain Hygiene posted:

*nods silently and takes notes while listening to Hallelujah Chorus and Thomas the Tank Engine Theme on high-fidelity headphones* There is no discernible difference

https://youtu.be/InO6wSoY1DI

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:negative:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Kill your family so I can make some money.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Ha ha ha ha ha. Now it belongs in the schadenfreude thread

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Placed right in the middle of all the overpriced fancy sanitizer stuff

nota
Dec 9, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Placed right in the middle of all the overpriced fancy sanitizer stuff

Haha I got the same crappy remote randomly thrown in with a photo umbrella kit I bought on Amazon in like 2015.

Currently awkward name aside, it makes sense to put this "Go viral" set with the Covid supplies, given that video chatting is now necessary for a lot of people.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/Nash076/status/1336697329617920008?s=20

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/safety-warehouse-giveaway-fake-5-notes-used-to-dupe-hamilton-bar/WNIGYIISSGLN6STNBGKK26ZQ3I/

Fake money from a controversial promotional cash-drop in Auckland has been used to dupe a bar into providing free drinks in Hamilton.

On Saturday work apparel company The Safety Warehouse hosted a $100,000 cash drop in central Auckland's Aotea Square.

Tensions flared when some of the money turned out to be discount vouchers for the online store, printed to look like $5 notes.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

All that dude needed to say was "What." and it would have been enough. He's way too mad about a weird commercial. There hasn't been a really off-the-wall one like this in a while (or maybe there has and I never see them because I don't watch tv). I kinda like that it starts out like one of those heartstring-tugging "could be about literally anything" commercials (I was even thinking "what dumb brand is this gonna end up being a commercial for?"), then it swerves hard to the left and drives off a cliff but doesn't fall to the valley below because nobody involved has looked down yet.

Okay, that thought got away from me. My point is: I think it's a good weird commercial (good because it's weird) and that twitter guy shouldn't be so faux-outraged about it (unless that's his gimmick).

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

beats for junkies posted:

All that dude needed to say was "What." and it would have been enough. He's way too mad about a weird commercial. There hasn't been a really off-the-wall one like this in a while (or maybe there has and I never see them because I don't watch tv). I kinda like that it starts out like one of those heartstring-tugging "could be about literally anything" commercials (I was even thinking "what dumb brand is this gonna end up being a commercial for?"), then it swerves hard to the left and drives off a cliff but doesn't fall to the valley below because nobody involved has looked down yet.

Okay, that thought got away from me. My point is: I think it's a good weird commercial (good because it's weird) and that twitter guy shouldn't be so faux-outraged about it (unless that's his gimmick).

Insanely hyperbolic and performative overreactions are everybody's gimmick, and it's been that way for the better part of a decade.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Actually It’s been that way for at least 75 years!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
On that topic, and pertinent to the thread, which of these are the worst, because I can't tell:

YouTube 'personalities' who thanks to algorithm-driven recommendation weighting have preview images for every one of their videos set as near-identical shots of their faces, in close-up, with an expression of extreme goofy surprise. They are incapable of reacting to anything that they talk about or exhibit at anything less than 100db and maximum display of emotion and quirk.

Or:

Generally quite astute or entertaining youtubers who produce watchable content, but who eventually goof it up with an ever increasing amount of nerd-culture focussed schtick and framing devices/storylines that surround the actual content, which eventually rivals what they're ostensibly talking about in both complexity and volume of lore and which renders their content cringeworthy and unwatchable.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The second one is worse because always being bad is like, whatever, but being good and then becoming bad is a drat shame.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Memento posted:

The second one is worse because always being bad is like, whatever, but being good and then becoming bad is a drat shame.

I'm replying to your post but first here's a ten minute skit where Darth Pikachu and I fight over my computer keyboard with duelling Infinity Gauntlets.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

oldpainless posted:

Actually It’s been that way for at least 75 years!

WHAT???

MORE LIKE

AND I ABSOLUTELY, UNDENIABLY CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

LIKE SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS

OLDPERFORMTIVEHYPERBOLELESS

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Why have a link at the top of the page that says "Every Noise at Once" if you're not going to play every noise at once? False advertising! I wanted to hear every noise at once!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Breetai posted:

Generally quite astute or entertaining youtubers who produce watchable content, but who eventually goof it up with an ever increasing amount of nerd-culture focussed schtick and framing devices/storylines that surround the actual content, which eventually rivals what they're ostensibly talking about in both complexity and volume of lore and which renders their content cringeworthy and unwatchable.

Was Linkara the first one to do this poo poo? Or at least the first major name to do it?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Vandar posted:

Was Linkara the first one to do this poo poo? Or at least the first major name to do it?

Channel Awesome in general can be charged with that sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That seems to have gone out of fashion, or at least newer channels regularly reboot their gimmicks.