Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

if there's one thing i dont want to see again for the rest of this arc, it's the narrative device that has consistently produced some of the best chapters in one piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Chapter 1k's gonna be Luffy punching Kaido hard, then Kaido goes "This feeling....!" and its a flashback to Roger wearing the strawhat.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
What if Ace comes back to life somehow at ch 1000

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ubiquitus posted:

What do Ace and Oden flashbacks do for us at this point in the story? There are so many interesting storylines to visit, I can't see space for those

Pad out time to chapter 1000.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ace flashbacks let me see my favorite One Piece character (hint: it is Ace).

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Ace flashbacks let me see my favorite One Piece character (hint: it is Ace).

mines luffy

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

mines Zoro but Luffy pretty much shares S-rank with him tbh

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Zoro is my second favorite character.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Everyone's good though except the ones who are bad.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Sub Harrison posted:

Chapter 1k's gonna be Luffy punching Kaido hard, then Kaido goes "This feeling....!" and its a flashback to Roger wearing the strawhat.

we get the reveal that roger got garp to wear the hat for a minute

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Sub Harrison posted:

"Ah, the rain... I remember... the rain..."

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Speaking of which i'm always down for Senor Pink flashback reruns.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Everyone's good though except the ones who are bad.

:hmmyes:

Even the villains are good even though I loving hate so many of them.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

It is very hosed up that Caesar Clown got away mostly unscathed.
No amount of wacky cover story is going to redeem that guy.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Libra posted:

I kinda doubt Oda even tries for a redemption for him; he might get a cover arc but it’ll be just half a year of him eating poo poo if so.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Besides not every cover arc is a redemption. Enel still a dick he just gets an army out of incidentally saving them, Wapol almost turns over a new leaf but hard pivots to no no he is still a total poo poo and now has power again.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Libra posted:

hes gonna join the strawhat armada

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

CC owns sorry haters

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Gangster Gastino is a role model. I will fight you on this

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gangster Gastino was a greater help and friend to the Strawhats than Law.

The Caesar Clown fellow? gently caress him though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Gangster Gastino was a greater help and friend to the Strawhats than Law.

The Caesar Clown fellow? gently caress him though.

I forget, what happened to Caesar anyway? Is he still technically a prisoner of the Strawhats or did he escape sometime during Dressrosa?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

My guess is that we'll get a flashback arc where they'll show that they handed CC over to Sogeking, since as a hero he can safely turn them over to the Marines.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

he flew off into the sun, never to be seen again

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i really enjoyed that as fun as the and ceasar clown is here too saga was, that at the end of it nami's just like 'ok thanks go die in a ditch somewhere you piece of poo poo' and then like three weeks later someones asking whatever happened to gangster gastino in an sbs and oda's like 'who cares hopefully he died in a ditch somewhere because he's a piece of poo poo' both bc it was funny and also true, as they say

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Caesar was found being negligent in his work by Bege and was executed so that Bege could gain big favour to become wedding security. He was at least useful in his end and it's said that brave hero, Gangster Gastino, shed a single tear in the events.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

I forget, what happened to Caesar anyway? Is he still technically a prisoner of the Strawhats or did he escape sometime during Dressrosa?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

ya'll keep confusing Cesar Clown with Gangster Gastino and it is shameful. CC is probably in Big Mom's book jail and good riddance

GG, on the other hand, escaped during a chaotic retreat that had everyone fleeing in whichever direction Big Mom wasn't. I feel like it's setup for a future cover arc of GG trying to undo everything that CC did

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Wasn’t Senior Pink (Or one of Doflamingo’s lackies) one of the slaves moving the ground when there was that summit of the world leaders?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Andrew_1985 posted:

Wasn’t Senior Pink (Or one of Doflamingo’s lackies) one of the slaves moving the ground when there was that summit of the world leaders?

No.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

CHAPTER'S HERE!

https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/one-piece-chapter-998/

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Unofficially, still use spoiler tags, thanks :)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
so am I misunderstanding the art or are we just doing Dark Souls with Black Maria being half beautiful lady and half primordial spider monster?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
"I'd prefer if you used the title with more worth to it":vince:

that some of you don't like jimbei is just mind blowing to me

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

QuasiQuack posted:

just some of the worst ppl, really.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

QuasiQuack posted:

Yeah that ruled, this whole chapter was great. It's nice to see the fruits of all the Flying Six laid out like that, we've got a ridiculous amount of ancient zoans all in one place here. Two of them being non-dinosaurs was also a fun surprise, considering the only other non-dinosaur ancient zoan we've seen in Kaido's crew was Jack's Mammoth form.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

One of Whitebeard's right hand men on taxi/nurse duty for the Strawhats and Jimbei rating his role as Strawhat wheelman over being a Warlord.... THIS CREW IN BIGTIME BABY

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

so am I misunderstanding the art or are we just doing Dark Souls with Black Maria being half beautiful lady and half primordial spider monster?

All of the ladies are based on famous yokai - the one with a stretchy neck is a rokurokubi, for instance. Black Maria is a jorogumo, who were often depicted as spider-centaurs well before Dungeons and Dragons made driders iconic in the west.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

chapter 1000 scan release projected as christmas day :getin:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

QuasiQuack posted:

:hai:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

oda must be having a blast drawing cool dinosaurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

All of the ladies are based on famous yokai - the one with a stretchy neck is a rokurokubi, for instance. Black Maria is a jorogumo, who were often depicted as spider-centaurs well before Dungeons and Dragons made driders iconic in the west.

Ah, my bad. I figured that the snake neck ladies were either not-yokai of some kind or some hosed up Smile users, should have figured Black Maria was the former as well

Also I’m genuinely surprised that Sanji is thirsty on main for all these hosed up yokai ladies, it’s almost heartwarming in a hosed up way.

Plutonis posted:

oda must be having a blast drawing cool dinosaurs

At this point it feels like Oda’s just been having the time of his life since the first page of Wano