Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Im reading a guide on some kind of poor man's DLSS for my 1660 super, where i can lower the resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 and apply a sharpening filter on nvidia overlay to get all the fps with minimal graphical fidelity loss. I wanna try this out when I get home later. Anyone have experience with this? Does it work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zhar
May 3, 2019

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Says you don't have the correct hardware. Thanks anyways.

seems dumb as people who've just bought a pricey gfx card are least likely to want to jump on a streaming platform. this might be worth a try

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So are Cyberdecks not sold at the Netrunner place? Is there a seperate store or does the woman who sold me Ping for free not have them?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

rap music posted:

Hard might be too hard I keep getting my rear end whomped

Just sooth yourself with the fact in a game like this it is going to primarily be a Numbers Check, not a Skill Check.

Hell, even something like Death stranding takes more effort in the tutorial on Normal compared to the lategame on Very Hard.

Sometimes you just have gently caress all to work with at the start of a videogame. This is reinforced when you go up an elevator on your way to your first cyberdock visit at level 2, get excited at the free sniper rifle you found, and see it requires you to be level 20 to shoot :v:

Bussamove posted:

Good to see CDPR keeping up their tradition of your transportation flagrantly disregarding the laws of physics.

Oh cool, you park your car like I do!

No Mods No Masters posted:

I feel like (early maelstrom quest spoilers) I didn't end up getting the 10k eddies I should have gotten by taking the militech credchip, removing the virus from it, then just killing royce and keeping the chip. Or am I missing a way to cash it?

eonwe posted:

I was wondering this too

I trusted my "I bet these are mutually exclusive so I'll pick the harder one" instincts and picked the second option, which got me a Synapse fry or whatever quick hack. Basically Default Shock +1 (But lethal) It does not make this very clear that you GOT it, but it implies it with the cyber speak in the options.

I bet if you do the first option you get gently caress all except whatever that quest leads to not having it be an issue anymore. I left off right after getting that thing.

I will not be surprised if that thing ends up Plot Coupon Money In Name Only because that seems like how videogames you see people hyping up It is so great that you can't get enough money to buy more cool things! Respecs are expensive? hell yeah! before launch rolls.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Dec 10, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I fixed my earlier save problems by verifying the game files, in case anybody else experienced crashing to desktop upong trying to load.

CP2077 has nice visuals but they aren't exactly setting my world on fire for the performance cost here. Interiors are very well-done but outdoor lighting has a tendency to look blown out and flat with RTX on.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Played about two and a half hours, just got to V's apartment.

On an i5-6400, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070 8GB, playing on the Ultra preset at 1920x1080, no Raytracing or DLSS; it looks pretty drat good and averaging around 40 FPS, feels very smooth though.

No crashes or major bugs, just a few visual things so far like no lip-synching on one NPC, Jackie walked through an elevator door before it opened and some lovely textures here and there.

Lemon fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Dec 10, 2020

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Well, as buggy as the game may be (though I've had no hard crashes on my Series S), the final prologue mission was pretty great. It really felt like a proper heist, and I can only hope that the quality keeps up throughout at least some of the rest of the main plot.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Fat_Cow posted:

So are Cyberdecks not sold at the Netrunner place? Is there a seperate store or does the woman who sold me Ping for free not have them?

They are sold as implants so go to a ripperdoc.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

I just tried to see if DLSS makes the image worse and it does not really.

OFF

ON (Quality)

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
So does going heavily into int/hacking let you play a Cyber Wizard in combat with quickhack stuff?

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

zhar posted:

seems dumb as people who've just bought a pricey gfx card are least likely to want to jump on a streaming platform. this might be worth a try

No luck. It says the code has to be redeemed through Geforce Experience. Oh, well. Thanks for trying.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Razakai posted:

So does going heavily into int/hacking let you play a Cyber Wizard in combat with quickhack stuff?

There is a time-slowdown mechanic so probably, and even the giant bomb quick look showed some interesting hacking stuff, although a complaint I have seen is that the slowdown feels like it works very inconsistently and it can be frustrating.

I have watched some streams and I gotta say I'm not vibing with the game. The tone has problems and I haven't enjoyed this type of gameplay loop for a long time. Oh well.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

The blurry visual garbage in this is Temporal Anti Aliasing. It doesn't appear in the menu and is forced on for PC.

if one goes into Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\platform\pc there is a JSON file where the option can be accessed around line 370, but switching "is_visible" to true won't show any options.

Replace the block with this one and it should be off, best I can tell.
code:
                {
                    "name": "AntiAliasing",
                    "display_name": "UI-Settings-Video-Advanced-AntiAliasing",
                    "description": "LocKey#72353",
                    "order": 13,
                    "is_visible": false,
                    "in_pre_game": true,
                    "in_game": true,
                    "update_policy": "immediately",
                    "type": "string_list",
                    "index": 0,
                    "can_be_restored_to_default": true,
                    "default_index": 0,
                    "is_dynamic": false,
                    "values": [
                        "Off"
                    ],
                    "display_values": [
                        "UI-Settings-Video-QualitySetting-Off"
                    ]
                },

Nevermind, this isn't working just yet.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 10, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The camera height in relation to all the street furniture makes me feel like I’m a little person running around. Sometimes I reflexively hit crouch just to make sure I’m not accidentally crouching already somehow.

So far it feels like open world Deus Ex, but IW rather than either of the more recent entries. Trading polish for the big world I guess.

Game looks fine on PS5, the only bugs I’ve seen are in menus where the cursor flicks over and obscures the setting you’re trying to change (specifically for the third person vehicle camera height) so you can’t see what you’re getting without backing out.

Also noticed that in some menus (most notably HDR settings) you have to use the analogue stick to move the cursor like a mouse rather than snapping around options with the dpad, with no real rhyme or reason.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Played about 6 hours, I think tomorrow I'll finally meet Dex. My style has come down to Swords and Nades.

Are there less or equal to 4 guys? Yolo with the weeb blade. More than 3 guys? Drop grenades like they're tictacs. I picked hard and I'll get got if I don't use cover, but other than it's been making me feel like I should have picked a higher difficulty.

It's getting to the point where I can count on two hands how many times I kill a guy and, even with his legs blown off and he's all rag-dolled, he'll still shout at me like he's in combat. I've had a head separated from its body, under a burning car, talk poo poo to me. Gave me heavy Monty Python and the Holy Grail vibes.

Other than, I've been enjoying myself other than being forced to clean my inventory after every other battle. Lip syncing issues notwithstanding and Fallout-y glitches like someone's AI just loving off.

The worst thing I suppose is that it's actually pretty difficult for me to get even a steady 60fps. Which is really a shame since I want more games/FPS's get running in beautiful 144Hz but alas.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

So far it feels like open world Deus Ex, but IW rather than either of the more recent entries.

oof, that's like the most scathing criticism I've heard of this lol

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ColdIronsBound posted:

I don’t have an FPS counter running but it feels close enough to 60fps to be buttery smooth

Please try to look with a fps counter, because it doesn't seem to match up with other benchmarks.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Ranzear posted:

The blurry visual garbage in this is Temporal Anti Aliasing. It doesn't appear in the menu and is forced on for PC.

if one goes into Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\platform\pc there is a JSON file where the option can be accessed around line 370, but switching "is_visible" to true won't show any options.

Replace the block with this one and it should be off, best I can tell.
code:
                {
                    "name": "AntiAliasing",
                    "display_name": "UI-Settings-Video-Advanced-AntiAliasing",
                    "description": "LocKey#72353",
                    "order": 13,
                    "is_visible": false,
                    "in_pre_game": true,
                    "in_game": true,
                    "update_policy": "immediately",
                    "type": "string_list",
                    "index": 0,
                    "can_be_restored_to_default": true,
                    "default_index": 0,
                    "is_dynamic": false,
                    "values": [
                        "Off"
                    ],
                    "display_values": [
                        "UI-Settings-Video-QualitySetting-Off"
                    ]
                },
If you have an nvidia card of the newer variety, use DLSS for sure. It should provide proper anti-aliasing like visual while actually giving a speed boost.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

And within minutes of my last post I get my first crash, while doing a u-turn in the middle of the street.

To either the game or the PS5’s credit though because I’m not sure which is most responsible, I started the game back up and it loaded me straight back into the middle of said street and lost no progress.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
For anyone else with a non AVX processor experiencing the crashes at key moments in each of the prologues there is a workaround that someone on the CDPR forums discovered:

quote:

I managed to get it to work by: loading the game, loading a previous auto save (the one right after meeting Jackie at the safehouse, if that makes a difference) then reloading the auto save where the montage cutscene starts. Then the crash doesn't happen.

I duplicated this three times by doing the above, but if I load the game and jump right to that cutscene it will still crash unless I do the above sequence first.

I haven't tested it to see how far I can get yet, so I don't know if this actually solves the problem for good, but it's progress at least. I can't test further because I need to go to bed, but I wanted to hop on here first to let everyone know in case it helps.

This worked for me on my Nomad lifepath but I don't believe you can get far enough into the game before crashing for either of the other lifepaths to have this trick be successful.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Increasing the FOV to 100 has solved almost all of my issues. Now that my brain isn’t melting from optical poo poo, game owns.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I'm really digging the story and the visuals but I think I'll give it some time for them to maybe squeeze in some better performance for middle ground PCs.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

haldolium posted:

I just tried to see if DLSS makes the image worse and it does not really.

Ultra performance option blurs it quite noticeably, but with Quality I couldn't find any difference either but there is still a noticeable FPS boost.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Occasionally I can't draw my weapons. Bug right? Any solutions?

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008

Turin Turambar posted:

Please try to look with a fps counter, because it doesn't seem to match up with other benchmarks.

Sure - ran an FPS counter and it’s avg 40fps, feels good though

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Razakai posted:

Pretty much. I'm doing that with my current playthrough as a corpo hacker with a knife on hard difficulty. Early game my quickhacks don't do a lot of damage and the RAM (mana pool essentially) takes a while to regen in combat so I haven't been getting a lot of kills with it. Instead I use it to soften or disable a target while I'm stabbing someone else in the face with a knife.

With the perks, new decks and higher quality quickhacks, the damage seems to increase substantially. You can also do fun things like set off grenades on people's belts and poo poo.

However, it doesn't seem like it works on everyone so you need to have a backup plan if they aren't enhanced or connected to the net.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rinkles posted:

Occasionally I can't draw my weapons. Bug right? Any solutions?

I had that during the car chase. Luckily, the guys chasing also couldn't draw their guns. So basically nothing happened (though Jackie commented on a fight that totally didn't happen) and the mission somehow ended.

I also sometimes can't advance time...just says "currently not possible", but I find no rhyme or reason.

Just had the first BD scene/intro though, and wow, that's some cool stuff (minus the seizure inducing flashing thing)

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Played a few more hours, got through the first main prologue mission.

Aside from woes on the base consoles (it should not have released on base consoles), I legitimately don’t really get where a lot of the vitriol the game is getting is coming from. Having a blast, seems like a very well done and immersive action RPG, and looks fantastic on Series X.

Handful of visual glitches and now pathing problems so far but nothing worse than typical Bethesda jank

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

is it possible to do a full nudist run or do they make you put pants on for some things

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

is it possible to do a full nudist run or do they make you put pants on for some things
Pants are forced for parts of the story, unfortunately.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

lalaland posted:

Im reading a guide on some kind of poor man's DLSS for my 1660 super, where i can lower the resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 and apply a sharpening filter on nvidia overlay to get all the fps with minimal graphical fidelity loss. I wanna try this out when I get home later. Anyone have experience with this? Does it work?

its basically missing the magic step of DLSS which uses magic to fill in the pixels, it's simply just stretching them and then sharpening them, however this also works totally fine and more or less is what consoles - render at 900p. this isnt to say dont try it, and continue to watch "low end gaming" youtube channels. they'll really dig into INI settings and other stuff.

Riversideblues posted:

Anyone having issues with DLSS? I just reinstalled my graphics drivers for my 2070 RTX but the DLSS option is just greyed out.

E: ooooooooooooooo poo poo, is DLSS not available on windows 7 ?

just in case anyone is reading this Windows 7 is over 11 years old and has not had security updates for 11 months. please get off of windows 7. you can do it for $0-10, literally nothing in any goon's head about why windows 10 sucks or is slower or spyware is correct.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
If you see me in Night City kiss my rear end

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I couldn't get third person in vehicle to work no matter how hard I pressed Q. It worked in the badlands but not in the city ever again. An I missing something?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Pants are forced for parts of the story, unfortunately.

Sad!

bus hustler posted:

its basically missing the magic step of DLSS which uses magic to fill in the pixels, it's simply just stretching them and then sharpening them, however this also works totally fine and more or less is what consoles - render at 900p. this isnt to say dont try it, and continue to watch "low end gaming" youtube channels. they'll really dig into INI settings and other stuff.

just in case anyone is reading this Windows 7 is over 11 years old and has not had security updates for 11 months. please get off of windows 7. you can do it for $0-10, literally nothing in any goon's head about why windows 10 sucks or is slower or spyware is correct.

windows 10 sucks but you should probably still update to it if youre gonna Gaming especially if you have 8/.1 which is even worse

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
My biggest gripe is that you can't use your apartment mirror to customise your characters hair etc.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

GoG download finished overnight, installing now but work dropped a TREMENDOUS project on us this week so won't really get to touch it for another 7-10 days :smith:

CYBEReris posted:

windows 10 sucks but you should probably still update to it if youre gonna Gaming especially if you have 8/.1 which is even worse

this is just not true, windows 10 is an improvement in every way that matters to Gamers including significantly smarter RAM & SSD usage.

Windows 10 is 5.5 years old it is incredible robust and complete at this point and has also stopped undergoing major changes. It's a piece of computer software - it has bugs and things individuals dont like.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Elendil004 posted:

I couldn't get third person in vehicle to work no matter how hard I pressed Q. It worked in the badlands but not in the city ever again. An I missing something?

This happened to me on the XSX. Reloading a save fixed it and my character's tendency to have his arms stretch straight ahead from his shoulders in every piece of dialogue as though he were practicing his zombie walk

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
post your vs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

bus hustler posted:

GoG download finished overnight, installing now but work dropped a TREMENDOUS project on us this week so won't really get to touch it for another 7-10 days :smith:

this is just not true, windows 10 is an improvement in every way that matters to Gamers including significantly smarter RAM & SSD usage.

Windows 10 is 5.5 years old it is incredible robust and complete at this point and has also stopped undergoing major changes. It's a piece of computer software - it has bugs and things individuals dont like.

it's a bloated mess that works pretty well for what it is but that doesn't mean it isn't a bloated mess. this post brought to you by #gentoogang