Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I played for about 5 and a half hours and just beat the Prologue I guess? (got to act 2)

I had zero hype for the game going in so here are some hot takes free from the hype train:

Game is overall good/fun, I'm enjoying it and will keep playing it but I'm not hooked to the screen or anything here.

Not much open world stuff to do and most of it is pretty bland (a map marker where when you show up there are three enemies standing around that aren't aggressive until you shoot one of them in the head is a pretty common activity)

Of those 5.5 hours probably 3 of them have just been spent sitting back in my chair watching things happen but there are dumb button prompts you have to press constantly to progress through what are essentially cutscenes, and lots of timed dialog options, so getting up to do something else while watching a cutscene isn't really possible. I

The gunplay is okay. Nothing to write home about, not offensively bad either. It feels sort of... sluggish?

There's waaaaaay too much loot and most of it is meaningless and only exists to be disassembled to get generically named "components" that are used for a bad crafting system. You end up wearing dumb clownsuits constantly like hotpants with a military flak jacket and helmet.

The character progression system sucks. Like, it's really bad. None of the abilities are cool or interesting ("Get more components from disassembling", "gain 2% movespeed for 10 seconds after killing an enemy", "reload time reduced by 10%"), it feels like there are no noticeable changes as skills or attributes level up. I'm level 8 and haven't bothered to open the character menu to spend any of my points since level 4 because there's just no point, it won't make me any more effective at what I do. Hopefully this changes later. The guns all feel identical and the most I've looked at the stats is sorting them by DPS and picking the best one.

Lots of detail in the environments and just walking around looking at things has been the best part :shrug: There's lots of world building and it's exciting to keep walking around to learn more about the past of Night City. There just aren't many ways to interact with it.

Keanu's character is extremely annoying.

Every quest is extremely linear so far except for dialog options. You're pretty railroaded into the path you take through environments and at least in the prologue there hasn't been a single opportunity to take another path, other than choosing different dialog options. There aren't vents to sneak through or different mechanical ways to accomplish a quest, just different dialog choices.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Seymour Buttz posted:

This game is hosed up hahaha
In more ways than you think!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

How do daemons work? Was gonna invest in the camera shutdown one but when I got it there weren’t any new options when quick hacking cameras so I reloaded my save

Also, where can I get a better cyber deck, my brain has terrible RAM

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Palpek posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

Just bought on the strength of this Steam post.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Mr. Pool posted:

I thought the "first 6 months in Night City" cutscene was weird too

This one weird trick to save 12 months of production! :v:

Good to know when to expect that tinge of disappointment.

Played for 10 minutes on Xbone One X and there were 2 (minor) visual glitches within the first 30 seconds.

Definitely turn off chromatic aberrations, film grain and motion blur.
Performance seems fine for now, loading times are fine.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Palpek posted:

Yeah, you can replace both of your arms with blades but can't even cut your own hair scissorhands-style, sad.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Phoix posted:

Can't progress because during the early turret sequence the game keeps identifying a gun as an enemy so the sequence never ends. Welp!!!

Quoting myself in case anyone else runs into this bug. There's a single enemy that isn't highlighted and you have to kill him last to prevent the game from flagging his gun as an enemy.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

My girlfriend came in and the moment she took a look at the game a man came screaming down the apartment hallway and promptly ran through the wall

On the floor beneath that, everyone was cowering with their head beneath their hands

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Section Z posted:

I trusted my "I bet these are mutually exclusive so I'll pick the harder one" instincts and picked the second option, which got me a Synapse fry or whatever quick hack. Basically Default Shock +1 (But lethal) It does not make this very clear that you GOT it, but it implies it with the cyber speak in the options.

I bet if you do the first option you get gently caress all except whatever that quest leads to not having it be an issue anymore. I left off right after getting that thing.

I will not be surprised if that thing ends up Plot Coupon Money In Name Only because that seems like how videogames you see people hyping up It is so great that you can't get enough money to buy more cool things! Respecs are expensive? hell yeah! before launch rolls.

The thing about it is that the cleaned chip stays in your inventory, it even has a description stating as much. I noticed you can dismantle it but I didn't try, maybe you get the credits that way. If not giving it a sell value or something in a patch seems like an easy fix. The dialogue makes it pretty unambiguous you were supposed to get the money IMO

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Oh yeah the loading screen from title is kinda broken on PS4 Pro. Part of the TV shows up on a black screen and then on the next screen you see a sliver of black where part of the background animation is showing.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Oh and it seems the game forgot my y-axis setting... only thing I did was turn off all the graphics options on the title screen before loading the game.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

exquisite tea posted:

How did “skip this entire dialogue” and the crouch button ever get bound to the same key lmao.

It doesn't totally fix the problem, but you can choose in the settings for it to only skip a sentence instead of the entire dialog.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

The thing about it is that the cleaned chip stays in your inventory, it even has a description stating as much. I noticed you can dismantle it but I didn't try, maybe you get the credits that way. If not giving it a sell value or something in a patch seems like an easy fix. The dialogue makes it pretty unambiguous you were supposed to get the money IMO

I mean the bigger issue I guess is the amount of money seems a little imba for the early game- ie 10k is more than what I made otherwise in the entirety of Act I, though I didn't sell any of the junk/weapons/armor I've been picking up yet. It's a really weird decision in an otherwise very cool, thoroughly thought out quest

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
My machine is getting a bit long in the tooth i5 6600k with an RX-480 GPU and 16 GB RAM. The game defaulted me to Ultra/High settings (no ray tracing) and I figured that wasn't gonna work well but went with it anyways. So far the game runs great, haven't had any stuttering (that I've noticed). After all the reports of bugs from the other day I'm kind of floored at just how well the game runs.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Any word on if a fix is coming for the frame rate when driving on Xbox one x? Oof.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Goddamn that end of act 1 is like so many sequences. Great game, story is good, but the semi-skippable endless parade of sequences, and CRAWLING sequences, ugh.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Any word on if a fix is coming for the frame rate when driving on Xbox one x? Oof.

Driving drops frames on every system from what I can tell.

On PC I lose 20 frames from just getting into a car

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Early story mission spoiler question: at one point you lose your car. I went to the garage and the AI thing destroyed it again. How do I get another one? Am I forced to have to buy one??

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
My clothes disappear every time my character has to recline on a chair, so both Vektor and Judy got an eyeful.

Other than that the only bug I ran into was meeting Jackie about the big job at that noodle stand, a nearby car randomly exploded mid-dialogue and Jackie continued telling me how pleased he was with himself while a whole car door flew between us from offscreen.

Going all-in on blades and Cold Blood and it's working out for me so far.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
5 minutes in and ran into two graphical glitches (PS4 Pro with an SSD, nomad beginning).

V’s reflection didn’t have the jacket until after I took of the patch.
    When I pulled out the cables to hotwire the car, the cable models duplicated. So v was holding a cable and there was also the cable still plugged in.

Game engine itself still needs a lot of work if “bugs when loading assets” is a problem.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm ready to cyber.

Really unrestricted clothing is my favorite thing ever.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

Early story mission spoiler question: at one point you lose your car. I went to the garage and the AI thing destroyed it again. How do I get another one? Am I forced to have to buy one??

Look at your texts, having it destroyed begins a quest that I haven't finished yet but I assume ends with you getting some kind of replacement or at least recompense

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

Goddamn that end of act 1 is like so many sequences. Great game, story is good, but the semi-skippable endless parade of sequences, and CRAWLING sequences, ugh.

I will admit the flashback sequence where you play as overpowered Johnny Silverhand was pretty awesome. Dude shoots a flamethrower out of his metal arm if you quick attack. Wonder if that's generally unlockable later.

Also it was kind of funny that the taxi AI was helping the doctor perform lifesaving surgery on you

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Real talk, there doesn't seem to be any reason that this game is so unoptimized. Is there just some desire to not have loading, however brief, even when riding an elevator and poo poo? I mean, honestly, the game isn't interactive enough with the world or whatever to make high end computers run worse than they should.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
What's the overall opinion on Cyberpunk on the XSX? Wait for patches or even the next-gen update? Or is the day-1 experience worth jumping into?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shammypants posted:

Real talk, there doesn't seem to be any reason that this game is so unoptimized. Is there just some desire to not have loading, however brief, even when riding an elevator and poo poo? I mean, honestly, the game isn't interactive enough with the world or whatever to make high end computers run worse than they should.

I mean, what hardware vs settings are we talking about here?

e: Some people are having actually worse performance than it seems like it should, but here's also a weird sense of entitlement where a few people online are mad that they can't just turn all the sliders to ultra/psycho and run 4k60.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 10, 2020

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

No Mods No Masters posted:

Look at your texts, having it destroyed begins a quest that I haven't finished yet but I assume ends with you getting some kind of replacement or at least recompense
I saw the quest, but unless I missed something the location of the quest is really really far away with no fast travel area nearby. The whole point of me wanting another car is so I wouldn't have to walk all the way to this quest spot :sweatdrop:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Okay lol so loading my save on PS4 has reverted all the settings to default

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

I saw the quest, but unless I missed something the location of the questis really really far away with no fast travel area nearby. The whole point of me wanting another car is so I wouldn't have to walk all the way to this quest spot :sweatdrop:

I stopped for the night last night at exactly the point of seeing how far away it was lol. You can always just steal a car, it just isn't summonable and doesn't have your stash in the trunk

itry
Aug 23, 2019

exquisite tea posted:

How did “skip this entire dialogue” and the crouch button ever get bound to the same key lmao.

Pigbottom posted:

It doesn't totally fix the problem, but you can choose in the settings for it to only skip a sentence instead of the entire dialog.

Yeah lots of PC stuff hidden or just missing (can't turn off mouse acceleration).
If you're playing on PC.

As for remapping dialogue skip, you can change the value in <path-to-game>\r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml

code:
<mapping name="SceneFastForward_Button" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_Pad_B_CIRCLE" />
<button id="IK_C" overridableUI="fastForward"/>
</mapping>
Edit: Also why can't I skip the logo screens. Somebody find the command line argument for starting at the menu.

itry fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 10, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Baron posted:

Has anyone found a way to change your appearance at all? I spent like an hour making my character and only later realized I didn't change her nail color and you see your own hands all the drat time. My nail polish is awful!

My male V character has pink nails because apparently I looked at different nail polish options during character creation just to see them and decided against any of them because...why would I? It didn't fit what I was going for. Started the game. Bright pink nail polish. Perfect.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Driving drops frames on every system from what I can tell.

On PC I lose 20 frames from just getting into a car

On the X it goes from looking fine to like 20 or less every time i drive. Awful.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Shammypants posted:

Big videogame difficult to make.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Rhaegar posted:

What's the overall opinion on Cyberpunk on the XSX? Wait for patches or even the next-gen update? Or is the day-1 experience worth jumping into?

Honestly if you can wait, just wait. This game really needs at least another 3 months of solid bug fixing and performance improvements.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Mode 7 posted:

It's big but also not big sometimes. Like you can't interact with a lot of stuff, most of it is just static random elements. You can shoot stuff and it doesn't even leave a mark. That alone should make some areas run like a dream, enclosed, few NPCs, not a lot of lighting. But the game runs roughly the same everywhere.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Pulcinella posted:

Honestly if you can wait, just wait. This game really needs at least another 3 months of solid bug fixing and performance improvements.

I'm considering it Early Access :j:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Pulcinella posted:

My impressions so far are that the PC version is buggy in a "normal" big open world game on day 1 kind of way rather than the turbo hellbad :piss: some of the reviews suggested, but on older consoles it's Real Bad for Real.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Rhaegar posted:

i think the honest answer to this one is "if you're in doubt enough that you're asking, you should probably wait"

consoles look really busted, there's definitely a reason they haven't sent out review copies for them.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Palpek posted:

This is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mode 7 posted:

it's easy actually