Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Humerus posted:

Is the nanowire not in as a weapon or do I need to buy a certain mod for it? I thought that would go well with a stealth/hacking character. And I remember in one of the previews (maybe the first) they had a sequence where V hacked directly into a mook with the wire when she grabbed them from behind, I guess that got cut?

It's an arm implant, the first ripperdoc you meet sells it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Humerus posted:

Is the nanowire not in as a weapon or do I need to buy a certain mod for it? I thought that would go well with a stealth/hacking character. And I remember in one of the previews (maybe the first) they had a sequence where V hacked directly into a mook with the wire when she grabbed them from behind, I guess that got cut?

It's an arm mod, similar to the mantis blades. A few doctors sell it, but it's like 20+ rep and expensive.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
is tony hawk cyberpunk

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The female voice actress for your character is so loving hammy, jeez.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

FallenGod posted:

Early game katana is very fun, but I don't know if that's because the weapon is good or because I've been able to upgrade it about ten times when I've been able to upgrade my pistol...twice? Can't really tell why from the upgrade screen, either.

Either way, chopping guys is good stuff.

Katana feels so good. It looks lethal and it plays real lethal. The stealth + bladed perks really turn it into a monster imo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Motorcycles feel so much better than cars.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I'm playing melee as well, but full body/cold blooded and basically one shotting everyone with an electric baton

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Frankston posted:

Male V is at least as hammy and also way more scuzzy, so even so she's the better choice

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
all I do is punch people and throw knives. didn't even get guerrilla arms, that's not pure enough for me

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

An early game guide detailing which build options come online a bit later would be helpful. I wish all those TEN THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW guide weren't so useless. Like if someone builds their character assuming they can grab stabby arms out of the gate they'd be disappointed. I also think grabbing throwing knives early sucks since you can easily go a long time without any chance to buy them. On the other hand, you might think assault rifles pop up later like in Fallout but you get them immediately and don't need to run pistols very long. Same for LMGs.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Frankston posted:

Yes and it is so good.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Thank god frankie is finally gone

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
I think there's no actual point in posting performance FPS numbers without mentioning where you're at in the game. It can vary so much. I'm going off of Tom's Hardware "benchmark", which is pretty much starting downstairs of V's apartment and making the loop to Tom's diner to the cops. With a 3900x and a 3080, it matched my performance so I guess there's that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so i had a nice sword and it got stashed with the AI limo, so now i finished prologue. i assume i cant get it back. it was the witcher sword from the gog shop. i liked it.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I have a 2070 and an i7 9700k what should I run this at

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I've played this for a few hours now. It's basically a new take on the Fallout formula when it comes to how you interact with the world but goes more in the direction of Deus Ex when it comes to combat (it's not as good as Deus Ex though but waaay better than Fallout).

Also the writing is Guy Ritchie's Cyberpunk and not Riddley Scott's and I'm ok with that.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
so from what I can see if you are on console, unless you have a ps5 or xbox series x, don't play this game you won't have a great time, I mean the xbox one x and ps 4 pro might be tolerable but that's about it

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

I have a 2070 and an i7 9700k what should I run this at

All low 720p.

What resolution is your monitor?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frog Act posted:

The subreddit for this game is in a major furor, console players in particular are very unhappy, it seems

I’ve played for ten hours just loving around doing side content and it’s fine, not the open world successor to deus ex I hoped for, but acceptable and playable with moderate but not breaking the game bugginess on my low spec computer

I guess I should get on with the prologue and stuff, I’ve made like 30k, got a 9 ram deck, got some epic guns, tech guns, crafted a bunch, etc etc and I’m kinda crushing the encounters right now

If you don’t mind me asking what would make this the DX successor for you? I don’t mean it in an rear end in a top hat way I’m just interested in what a SC successor means for you, since for me it’s certainly the gameplay successor. The story and setting obviously are different since it’s a well fleshed out preexisting IP.

I’m also in the same setup of just doing side stuff and not finishing up the prologue yet.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Skyl3lazer posted:

It's an arm mod, similar to the mantis blades. A few doctors sell it, but it's like 20+ rep and expensive.

I'm going hard into hacking and I think pistols, what does the nanowire offer other than being cool

w00tmonger fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 11, 2020

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Frankston posted:

Uh, is Dum Dum supposed to follow you around everywhere after the spiderbot mission? Dude won't leave me alone but I can't talk or interact with him, he just keeps slowly walking towards me. He even gets in cars with me.

can you please get video of this

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I accidentally dismantled my “iconic” pistol. Whoops.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Yeah that's an ouchie :ohdear: 720p dipping into the mid teens when you need to precision aim the most.
That driving/van shootout scene is very early in the prologue isn't it? At least lastgen players get to know immediately what's up.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

GOTY

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grieving for Gandalf posted:

can you please get video of this

I had a dude who was supposed to leave in a car walking a wall and disappeared. Quest still finished fine and the rest of the animations were fine. So yeah lots of jank and goofy bugs, but thankfully not gamebreaking stuff.

This is what sets us apart from fallout 76 which was horrendously buggy and not fun. This is pretty drat buggy but also pretty drat fun.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Celexi posted:

so from what I can see if you are on console, unless you have a ps5 or xbox series x, don't play this game you won't have a great time, I mean the xbox one x and ps 4 pro might be tolerable but that's about it

Even the PS5 version is really bad. Textures are terrible (a lot of stuff like street signs are straight up illegible) and I have crashed 4 times playing today (software, not hardware, at least). Sucks because I am having fun with what I have played (I'm level 10 right now).

This really needed another year and they really should have silently axed the last-gen versions ...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Palpek posted:

I've played this for a few hours now. It's basically a new take on the Fallout formula when it comes to how you interact with the world but goes more in the direction of Deus Ex when it comes to combat (it's not as good as Deus Ex though but waaay better than Fallout).

Also the writing is Guy Ritchie's Cyberpunk and not Riddley Scott's and I'm ok with that.

its a mix of guy ritchie and 2000 AD and pulpy poo poo. pondsmiths cyberpunk was never high class transhumanism stuff. which is why i think many folks bounced off the game that and the name of the IP being the name of the genre too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hell of a lot of enemies firing at me through locked doors that I can’t do anything about until they partially clip through them.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Reviewers seem to really really dislike this universe's unabashed thesis that all the technology in the world isn't really going to change the basically horrible, brutal nature of capitalism. Very common strain in reviews to fixate on sci fi that posits technology somehow saving or reinventing society as if that's what it should have been

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Alway Be Hacking Vending Machines

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its a mix of guy ritchie and 2000 AD and pulpy poo poo. pondsmiths cyberpunk was never high class transhumanism stuff. which is why i think many folks bounced off the game that and the name of the IP being the name of the genre too.

Yeah, people's expectations were kinda skewed.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How do I pick doors?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Firebert posted:

Even the PS5 version is really bad. Textures are terrible (a lot of stuff like street signs are straight up illegible) and I have crashed 4 times playing today (software, not hardware, at least). Sucks because I am having fun with what I have played (I'm level 10 right now).

This really needed another year and they really should have silently axed the last-gen versions ...

I almost think Microsoft and Sony would’ve gotten mad at them for that. That said anyone who has a last gen one automatically gets a next gen one for free, no $10 cross gen tax when they get a new system of the same brand.

Honestly I am so happy that it’s on the streaming PC options. I still only have an hour on the series X one. I think I’ll start a nomad one of that.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Firebert posted:

yes, that's a thing they realistically could have done, excellent suggestion

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Woof Blitzer posted:

When do I get to start doing this? Do I need some upgrade?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woof Blitzer posted:

I thought you could only do that with specific ones. How do you do that with every vending machine?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

So aside from bugs and graphics and stuff, how is the actual writing? Are the quests and world as compelling and engrossing as Witcher 3? Do they happen naturally? I see posts in this thread saying the dialogue is clunky, but I haven't really seen anything overwhelmingly positive. Any standout sequences like Bloody Baron? Because bugs and graphics can be patched, but not the writing / quest lines.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Firebert posted:

Finally got my first crash on PS5, about 4 hours played. Hopefully the native PS5 client will clean the visuals up, but who knows how many months it will be before that is available.

After seeing that DF video I'm glad I'm not using my old Pro or GTX 1060 PC, but I'm really not sure what the end goal for CDPR was here. The game is borderline unplayable for a huge chunk of their potential customers.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
In regards to character customization, if I want some of the more outlandish poo poo I see on NPCs, I have to a) hope CDPR actually made them available, and b) given how shops are implemented, that I'm in the good graces of the RNG? I've been perusing shops once the whole map was accessible, and it's annoying the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

w00tmonger posted:

When do I get to start doing this? Do I need some upgrade?

You just quick hack every one you see. You can do it by default!