Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also maybe bill barr just personally hates donald trump. barr and biden aren't personal enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

LabyaMynora posted:

I think he was happy when Trump won all the way up until he sat down one-on-one with the guy and realized, "Holy fuckin' poo poo, this dude's a fuckin' mob boss!"

mob pawn, surely. the guy can't even fire someone to their face unless it's in a scripted television program

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dissapointed Owl posted:

mob pawn, surely. the guy can't even fire someone to their face unless it's in a scripted television program

From his 60 Minutes interview onwards, he's often referred to Trump as being "like a mob boss." His words, not mine.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

In 1995, Sen. Joe Biden offered high praise for William Barr, the once and future attorney general who has been roundly criticized by Democrats for his handling of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on the 2016 election.

"As I know you know, but others should know, too, I truly enjoyed working with you when you were attorney general," Biden told Barr, who had served as President George H.W. Bush's attorney general in the early 1990s. "You were one of the best I have ever worked with, and there have been a lot of attorneys general since I have been here, and I mean that sincerely."

which seems like a smoking gun until you realize that biden does this to everyone. but the upshot is that no one in washington seems to personally dislike him. it's almost uncanny.

biden never says anything negative about anyone, up to trump honestly

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Lmao

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the biden takeaway should be: never don't kiss someone's rear end even if you think they're not necessary

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lodin posted:

Ich bin Rebecca undt dese ist meine Ballhaus!

Ich habe eine Ballhaus fur dich

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

acejackson42 posted:

All these chuds are going to crack-ping HARD when SCOTUS throws this Texas bullshit out. It's going to be something to behold.

I like how they didn't even budge when they threw out the PA case. Like the supreme court throws out cases when one is better, instead of asking them to enjoin. The track record of failure means nothing to them, either; nor that there's literally false claims in the evidence.
I don't know how they do it. You're not allowed to look at what's actually happening and draw any real conclusions from it, you are wedded to the narrative. You are gaslit all day every day.

I wonder if any will snap out of it. I'm hoping at least some come to their senses.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
D-Dale gettin’ kinda punchy:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1337198022573383680

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

His job is to keep track of the president's lies. He probably hoped after the election he'd get to relax. But no, he still has to keep track of the president's insane lies. I'd be angry too.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

it's loving exhausting. I think being trump might actually be exhausting since you're always just making poo poo up, who has time for that poo poo.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pick posted:

which seems like a smoking gun until you realize that biden does this to everyone. but the upshot is that no one in washington seems to personally dislike him. it's almost uncanny.

biden never says anything negative about anyone, up to trump honestly

This is nuts, because when Trump nominated Barr, that's when lots of people, including myself, first learned that Barr basically sandbagged the Clinton administration by initiating Whitewater investigations AFTER Clinton had won the 1992 election, but before he was inaugurated. Now Barr's pretty much doing the same thing with the Hunter tax stuff, which, may also ultimately be bullshit and just an excuse to legally harass a sitting president until something comes up.

I mean, I get that Biden's spent his entire time in government as a glad-hander and back-slapper, but C'MON MAN!!!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

LabyaMynora posted:

I think there's a bunch of Republicans, including John Roberts, that really believed in unitary executive theory and felt that Nixon had got done dirty.

I'm beginning to wonder if some of these guys are beginning to see the flaws in this when a man like Donald Trump is president.

I think, and this is just pure speculation on my part, that James Comey really wanted Trump to win when he did that letter to Congress weeks before the 2016 election. I think he was happy when Trump won all the way up until he sat down one-on-one with the guy and realized, "Holy fuckin' poo poo, this dude's a fuckin' mob boss!"

I wonder if there was a point in all this when even Bill Barr, who is not a good or honorable person in any way, shape, or form whatsoever, said to himself, "I think this Trump guy might be a bit crooked." Of course, it was after he killed the Mueller investigation, which we know was broken since the beginning (no one was looking at Trump's financials - the FBI assumed the Mueller team would do it, the Mueller team assumed the FBI was on it).

A lot of people were worried when Barr kind of disappeared in the lead-up to the election. I certainly was expecting charges against Hunter and/or Joe Biden to drop within two weeks of the election. Maybe Barr was literally just hiding out. I mean, he did try to make the stupid Durham report a thing, so :shrug:

In summary, Bill Barr is a fat land of contrasts. :btroll:

It's weird but I guess to some people Trump has a certain charisma that can dupe some people, and maybe Comey thought Trump WAS the big deal, but having just typed that all out it occurred to me- Comey would've known exactly what kind of man Trump was, how much he was compromised, and that should have easily negated any "hero worship" as it were- I think Comey just hosed up, plain and simple.

You may have a point regarding Barr having an axe to grind with the Establishment because of Nixon, and I'm pretty sure Roger Stone had some part to play in the process as well because of his ties to Nixon, so looking at it all through the eyes of revenge for Nixon from the grave, I mean- holy loving poo poo.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Texas secedes from the U.S., Houston, Austin, El Paso, and maybe Dallas secede from Texas to rejoin the U.S.

Sounds good to me.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Haha yeah you do that. See how that works out for you.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Pick posted:

the biden takeaway should be: never don't kiss someone's rear end even if you think they're not necessary

Yeah there were articles written near the end of the Democratic primary this year about how Biden was one of the few people in the Senate that just treated Bernie with respect and not like a kook when Bernie first entered the Senate, so that was why Bernie wasn't going to go after Biden that hard or unnecessarily prolong the primary against Biden.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LabyaMynora posted:

This is nuts, because when Trump nominated Barr, that's when lots of people, including myself, first learned that Barr basically sandbagged the Clinton administration by initiating Whitewater investigations AFTER Clinton had won the 1992 election, but before he was inaugurated. Now Barr's pretty much doing the same thing with the Hunter tax stuff, which, may also ultimately be bullshit and just an excuse to legally harass a sitting president until something comes up.

I mean, I get that Biden's spent his entire time in government as a glad-hander and back-slapper, but C'MON MAN!!!

I think barr probably does hate clinton and most democrats. but no one seems to dislike biden, specifically

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

jesus christ LOL

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

gret posted:

Yeah there were articles written near the end of the Democratic primary this year about how Biden was one of the few people in the Senate that just treated Bernie with respect and not like a kook when Bernie first entered the Senate, so that was why Bernie wasn't going to go after Biden that hard or unnecessarily prolong the primary against Biden.

actually biden knew bernie from when bernie came to the house, not just the senate.

but yeah, tbh my takeaway would be that the technique paid off, or he's just really friendly whatever, but the approach maybe I should say

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I have yet to say and would recommend everyone else do the same out loud the words things can't get any loving stupider because I saw Jumanji

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

LabyaMynora posted:

Texas secedes from the U.S., Houston, Austin, El Paso, and maybe Dallas secede from Texas to rejoin the U.S.

Sounds good to me.

San Antonio is blue too. Take us with you.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Hunter's rocking Blue Steel there.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Eric Cantonese posted:

Hunter's rocking Blue Steel there.

they waxed him up with fuckin sad dog eyebrows for the dnc lol

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's weird but I guess to some people Trump has a certain charisma that can dupe some people, and maybe Comey thought Trump WAS the big deal, but having just typed that all out it occurred to me- Comey would've known exactly what kind of man Trump was, how much he was compromised, and that should have easily negated any "hero worship" as it were- I think Comey just hosed up, plain and simple.

You may have a point regarding Barr having an axe to grind with the Establishment because of Nixon, and I'm pretty sure Roger Stone had some part to play in the process as well because of his ties to Nixon, so looking at it all through the eyes of revenge for Nixon from the grave, I mean- holy loving poo poo.

At a certain point, it is Republican orthodoxy that Nixon got hosed over. No one ever talks about it, but there it is.

I mean, Republicans are still holding grudges over Bork's SCOTUS nomination (which was voted down by members of both parties!).

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

LabyaMynora posted:

Sounds good to me.

Texas' metro areas can all stay except Dallas. After the bloody urban vs. rural war is over the losers all get hustled into Dallas and we build a 400 ft wall around it. It'll sorta be like reverse Judge Dredd in that Dallas will become Mega-Derp City 1. Every February 23rd kids from Fort Worth hold a competition to build trebuchets that can fire poop into Mega-Derp City 1.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LabyaMynora posted:

At a certain point, it is Republican orthodoxy that Nixon got hosed over. No one ever talks about it, but there it is.

this is complex because nixon was guilty as poo poo BUT that his tapes belonged "to the people" was actually kind of an unexpected ruling from the supreme court imho

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

jaegerx posted:

San Antonio is blue too. Take us with you.

I'm basically thinking however Texas votes to secede from the U.S., each Blue city/county/whatever just holds a vote to secede from Texas.

Then they can reign over the tumbleweeds.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's loving exhausting. I think being trump might actually be exhausting since you're always just making poo poo up, who has time for that poo poo.

Nah I doubt he’s actually trying. He just gets a curated feed of lies telling him he’s a big strong winner, so when reality breaks in— like maybe a staffer suggests he figure out where to live in February— he just shrieks at Twitter and never checks up on it.

Basically like a college student getting drunk on the weekend and shitposting on Reddit. Except he has nuclear codes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
holy texas empire

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

1. Texas secedes
2. Mexico annexes Texas
3. Wall is built around Texas

A man can dream...

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

LifeSunDeath posted:

Remember when republicans weren't outraged about something?

I also miss President Eisenhower.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I was in Texas for 6 months.

I won't miss it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Polio Vax Scene posted:

1. Texas secedes
2. Mexico annexes Texas
3. Wall is built around Texas

A man can dream...

* Texas secedes.
* Wall is built around Texas
* Texas comes to the sudden realization that neither Mexico nor the US want them back

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Some rear end in a top hat in Texas talks about the state seceding every time there's a democratic president. It's so goddamn annoying.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

They were all in love with cryin they were doing it in Texas

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

lol i've lost track of how many times some politician has trumpeted around "TEXAS CAN VOTE TO LEAVE THE UNION", it must be in the thousands. it had a period of hibernation while trump was in office. its a total joke. this crackpot theory is trotted out when some weenie needs to score points with their golden corral constituency, it makes for some good headlines in between trips to the unlimited chocolate fountain.

also our AG (the shitstack who filled that brief on behalf of the state challenging the election) Ken Paxton is a top tier piece of poo poo who will be going to jail eventually. hes been in a protracted lawsuit for security fraud, and recently upped the ante by firing like 10 top lawyers from his office in retaliation for whistle-blowing. i do appreciate that his election lawsuit generated a list of scum who publicly singed their names advocating treason, very handy for posterity.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 11, 2020

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

JEB!

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/1337203239138242562?s=20

Kinda wondering why SCOTUS hasn't basically passed on this the way they did the PA lawsuit yet.

Might be that they're just going to sit on it until after the EC votes on Monday, and then go, "Oops! Too late! It's moot! What can ya' do?" :shrug:"

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

sweet thursday posted:

They were all in love with cryin they were doing it in Texas

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007