Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

exquisite tea posted:

I don't understand how dodge and Crouch being bound to the same button ever made it to release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is there a reason I keep getting a quest marker on that street preacher guy that disappears after I speak to him?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

fuf posted:

what's up with the lack of key binding options?

I can't rebind map or inventory to tab?

e: also no option for ADS toggle?

You can rebind keys from XML files.

I wish the game had ADS toggle. I have an impossible time at aiming when I have to press a button simultaneously with other finger. Real potato aim without ADS toggle.

I have to make an AHK script for it before playing again.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I keep getting some weird bug where when I die it changes my resolution from 3840x1600 to 1440p, but doesn't resize the UI elements, so I have black bars down the side of the screen cutting off my ammo, map, etc. Makes dying that much more annoying. Have to go in and change the resolution, apply, and then change again to fix.

Anyways I can see the game not being for everyone but I've read a couple of the negative reviews in the last 10 pages or so and recognize nothing about the game I'm playing in them. Game is pretty good despite jack and some absolutely mystifying design choices (the c to skip and crouch thing being up there)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
If I buy the PS4 version and upgrade to the PS5 version when I get a PS5 is it the same as buying the game on the PS5

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

stev posted:

Is there a reason I keep getting a quest marker on that street preacher guy that disappears after I speak to him?

His quest is to interact with him a handful of times and his story will continue. Some parts are more active than others. We have a few characters like that.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
My obsession with Adam Smasher intensifies. His design is really good.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

His quest is to interact with him a handful of times and his story will continue. Some parts are more active than others. We have a few characters like that.

Thanks! I thought that might be the case but wanted to make sure it wasn't bugged.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Anyone found any headgear that doesn’t actually cover your hair? Like a headset or headband or something?

I know you almost never see yourself (except in the inventory) but I don’t want to wear a hat... but I do want armor...

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Yeah, he looks really neat. Question, I haven't gotten far yet and not installed much cyberware, but seeing as you can't modify your character's appearance (this should have been it, Jesus) does getting stuff like cyber arms and legs at least alter your appearance? I guess you can't become a straight up monster like Smasher or the Maelstrom boys, but it'd be waste if you couldn't see your shiny new robo-arms.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Anyone found any headgear that doesn’t actually cover your hair? Like a headset or headband or something?

I know you almost never see yourself (except in the inventory) but I don’t want to wear a hat... but I do want armor...

I mean, you'll probably still be fine even if your character is suboptimal when it comes to armor, don't be a slave to number. Aesthetics before statistics.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rinkles posted:

I crash every two hours now, sometimes more (PS5). I just try to quick save often. It's bad, bordering on unacceptable, but I've played through worse.

This time frame keeps falling : /

Steve Yun posted:

If I buy the PS4 version and upgrade to the PS5 version when I get a PS5 is it the same as buying the game on the PS5

I don't know that you get the PS4 version if you buy the PS5 version (unlike vice versa).

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rinkles posted:

Though I'd probably be much less forgiving if I had to deal with PS4 load times.

The game shouldn't have been released on "last-gen", but that of course would not have been an option.

Also, CDPR, you can buy cars since years that offer a HUD for navigation...if you design a pretty cool looking city, either give me a HUD or a way to change the map scale so I can actually look at that city instead of checking a tiny map on the top right (I hope someone now tells me other cars feature this or I can change the mapscale somehow).

There also seems to be a bug with beeing overburdened. The first time it happened to me, I didn't realize it, I just realized I could no longer run. Then had an NPC cutscene, and after that, I was even slower. Had another NPC cutscene/talk scene, and I was now moving like a snail. Thought I'd check inventory, and of course I was overburdened. Recycled some stuff (after that, the notification about overburdened popped up...not before though?), and I was back to "one stage faster than snail", while the run button would put me back to "normal walk". Saved, reloaded, and everything was okay again. Seems like the check to slow you down doesn't realize you are already slow or something? idk

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I can't play this game anymore, I've soft locked 4-5 times from the input just stopping. It's not worth the headache to be railroaded through bad shooter sections.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Xarbala posted:

Yeah there's a lot of little oversights just in terms of quality of life features. Stuff that's easy to notice but you also know why it wasn't a big priority.

Will probably be pretty smooth in a few months.
I think one of the most harmless yet basic "UI feature missing" I've seen is that weapons in your stash not only list "Zero DPS", but also do not list their requirements.

That light machinegun I mentioned earlier didn't list a BODY req, so I took it out and oops, REQ warning in my inventory and listed again.

It seems to remember armor values, but if I load my save it forgets everything about the weapons in my stash until I take it out.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Crimson Harvest posted:

I can't play this game anymore, I've soft locked 4-5 times from the input just stopping. It's not worth the headache to be railroaded through bad shooter sections.

Three car chases in, not a single one worked for me like it should. I assume I'll work on that Tsushima plat now, until some more patches drop for Cyberpunk.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i really like the destructible environments. control was the first game i noticed that and i really like those effect. must be hell to put them in games

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

stev posted:

I thought that might be the case but wanted to make sure it wasn't bugged.

This is gonna drive me crazy I think. That constant question of "is this a clever quest that I don't understand or is it just broken?"

I kept on seeing identical NPCs walking together and even talking to each other and at first I was like "wow cool future, clones hanging out" and then realised it was a bug lol (or just not enough npc variety I guess)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

exquisite tea posted:

I don't understand how Skip Dialogue and Crouch being bound to the same button ever made it to release. You're playing an immersive sim RPG, uncrouching is probably the first thing you'll do whenever you sneak up to converse with an NPC. Or when bad guys pour in during a cutscene, your instinct is to crouch behind something and now you've cut off the last thing your character said.
Yeah, this one is RDR2's talk/shoot button all over again where you're like :psyduck: has anybody actually sat down and played this final build as if they were a fresh player?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Is it just me, or does it just pay you for the first item you drop into these Drop Points?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
My Street Samurai V:

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

fuf posted:

This is gonna drive me crazy I think. That constant question of "is this a clever quest that I don't understand or is it just broken?"

When in doubt, check your journal, if any action is required from you, it will be listed there. If it's just that we want you to see something, it won't.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Romes128 posted:

My obsession with Adam Smasher intensifies. His design is really good.

His first line is so reprehensible it loving rules.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

exquisite tea posted:

I don't understand how Skip Dialogue and Crouch being bound to the same button ever made it to release. You're playing an immersive sim RPG, uncrouching is probably the first thing you'll do whenever you sneak up to converse with an NPC. Or when bad guys pour in during a cutscene, your instinct is to crouch behind something and now you've cut off the last thing your character said.

Last minute (almost literally) change, and it's not secured in all scenes yet. Normally those two inputs shouldn't overlap, but, well, huge game.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I've picked up at least 3 headbands so far. Some hats actually change your hairstyle as well, I had different hair for both the baseball cap and the fedora?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
cyberpunk reddit is loving angry about this game

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

stev posted:

I assume you mean the guy close to Viktor's clinic? The one going on about reptilian overlords from Antartica?

For those who don't know, dude's modeled after and voiced by Twitch streamer CohhCarnage. Pretty neat if you ask me.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

mcbexx posted:

I assume you mean the guy close to Viktor's clinic? The one going on about reptilian overlords from Antartica?

For those who don't know, dude's modeled after and voiced by Twitch streamer CohhCarnage. Pretty neat if you ask me.

Yeah I imagine there's going to be a whole lot of cameos I don't recognise! I have my eyes out for Alanah and Kojima though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Had a bug where cops would shoot me on sight for seemingly no reason (har har, not really a bug, is it?) which was 'fixed' by the fact that I hard-crashed during a save and lost a lot of progress.

Think I'm done with this game for now, I can tolerate a lot, but it's just not anywhere close to finished. If the game hadn't crashed and cost me progress so many times that I'd had to put about fifteen hours in out of sheer necessity, I'd probably be looking for a refund. My fault.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Dec 11, 2020

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Why do they insist on putting chromatic aberration into games? Has anyone ever wanted that? We're used to seeing lens flares being used artistically in films and photos, so they kinda make sense in games, but chromatic aberration? It's got 'aberration' in the name ffs!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Delizin posted:

My Street Samurai V:

hell yeah

just hit 100+ armor with 5 bladed perks and things are really starting to shine, even on hard mode

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Junkenstein posted:

Why do they insist on putting chromatic aberration into games? Has anyone ever wanted that? We're used to seeing lens flares being used artistically in films and photos, so they kinda make sense in games, but chromatic aberration? It's got 'aberration' in the name ffs!

It looks good in some very specific circumstances but not most games. I like it in Bloodborne - it adds to the nightmarish ambiance.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Delizin posted:

That is pretty neat. It is easier for me to play music in my place with a youtube playlist so I copied your Spotify list over to there. If that is better for anyone else here's an unlisted link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7yoj6OwkUOfizaj2_RvAwDRkY5ufvSyd

This is great, thanks!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Zeta Acosta posted:

Because of the actual pretty severe performance and stability issues it seems to have on many systems* or because of dumber reasons like how it seems alot of the internet hyped itself into the stratosphere with this game?

*I seem to have gotten pretty lucky there, then again I got a new computer back in February, so that's probably why.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Zeta Acosta posted:

lol they melting down but I'm having a great time

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Ihmemies posted:

I have to make an AHK script for it before playing again.

AHK and other stuff doesn't work apparently. I tried to bind some mouse buttons to "M" and "I" keys using X-Mouse Button Control and it doesn't work. Lots of disabled people complaining about it on Reddit.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Randarkman posted:

Because of the actual pretty severe performance and stability issues it seems to have on many systems* or because of dumber reasons like how it seems alot of the internet hyped itself into the stratosphere with this game?

*I seem to have gotten pretty lucky there, then again I got a new computer back in February, so that's probably why.

I just scrolled through and it looks like mostly last gen console players are mad. Which they have the right to be.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Randarkman posted:

the game is straight up broken on base ps4 and xbox, i think there are legit complains about cdpr handling of this game

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
Mantis Blades strong/sprint attack is a pretty cool leap where you impale your poor victim and lift them overhead.

However, this typically leads to the poor victim's nearby buddies pumping you full of lead while you're locked in position playing out the animation.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Zeta Acosta posted:

the game is straight up broken on base ps4 and xbox, i think there are legit complains about cdpr handling of this game

It is straight up broken on more than just those, it seems to be pretty much embarassingly non-functional on base PS4 and Xbox.

Mass Effect: Andromeda could at least hit a steady 20fps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, most of the time this game is only amusingly buggy but I'm trying to do Cyberpsycho fights and these things bug out like loving crazy. I'm talking full on clipping through floors, floating up into the sky, stuck animations... Wacky poo poo.

Also I got a really funny bug with the fistfighting questline where for some reason I instantly defeated the twins. Somehow I hit a single time and won.