Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i dont shoplift/steal stuff from restaurants or hotels but real talk who gives a poo poo, dont be a loving narc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I saw a dude hammering the lock off a rental bike. Gave him a thumbs up.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

PipHelix posted:

Talking with friends from back in my lovely drunken Irish hometown, all of us are surprised that they came for that song, this winter of all winters, for its single use of f*gg** instead of it's repeated chorus sentimentalizing the NY-friggin-PD.

Tbf, they're not necessarily sentimentalizing them per se.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

How? Smashing a thing you already paid for does nothing at your own expense. Stealing silverware gives you free silverware at the expense of the restaurant. Unless you're suggesting that dine and dash to not pay for the meal is the only ethical way to eat at a chain restaurant, which I agree with. gently caress em.

The problem with Dine and dash is, its probably just a tax write off for the owner, be they corporate or just some random local person who pays franchise fees to corporate.
But the less than minimum wage schlub server probably has to pay for that meal from their pocket/tips.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Boomers like walking their dogs off leash because don't worry she doesn't bite.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

gleebster posted:

So that makes it OK to steal from them? How bad does a company have to be that assault against corporation officers becomes OK?

This might genuinely be the strangest post I have ever read. That is a really bizarre leap to make.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's a bizarre and desperate leap to change the goal posts from "stealing silverware is ok" to "oh so is assault ok??" and it is also a bizarre and desperate leap to change the goal posts from "stealing poo poo is trashy" to "oh so you're DEFENDING wage theft and reporting them to the police??"

they're two age old disingenuous internet argument strategies that anyone with a brain can see through in a microsecond

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

But the less than minimum wage schlub server probably has to pay for that meal from their pocket/tips.

Is this actually true?

https://www.consumerreports.org/consumerist/after-a-dine-and-dash-is-it-legal-for-a-restaurant-to-take-money-from-a-waiters-tips/

Of course, the fact that it might be illegal doesn't mean bosses don't do it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gleebster posted:

So that makes it OK to steal from them? How bad does a company have to be that assault against corporation officers becomes OK?

Nestlé. The answer is Nestlé.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

https://youtu.be/oKk-2Pu2N8g

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Lib and let die posted:

Nestlé. The answer is Nestlé.

Or any oil company that operates in africa.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Harvey Mantaco posted:

That's not just boomers.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Of course, the fact that it might be illegal doesn't mean bosses don't do it.

I never had it happen to me when I worked in a restaurant, so I don't know, but even in the event that it doesn't, you still lose the tip from that service, and tips are what wait staff work for.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

This might genuinely be the strangest post I have ever read. That is a really bizarre leap to make.

Look, all I as trying to ask was that if the poster I was responding to, Pip something, decides that based on a personal evaluation of a restaurant's moral worth they can commit what would otherwise be petty theft, does that extend to actual persons, and crimes against them? Because I think the end result of that is the bad kind of anarchy.

But HGB told us to close the subject. For continuing it, I deserve a probe or possibly a sock in the nose.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Harvey Mantaco posted:

They also enjoy calling the cops if they see any dog that isn't their own within a mile of them.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Or any oil company that operates in africa.

Or any company with C levels earning more than 10x the lowest paid employee/contractor.

So, like, most of them.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Me: "Man, Christmas music sucks. It's the same dozen lovely songs every year."

Pop music: *makes new Christmas songs*

Me: "Ugh."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lib and let die posted:

Me: "Man, Christmas music sucks. It's the same dozen lovely songs every year."

Pop music: *makes new Christmas songs*

Me: "Ugh."

It's really weird. I know Christmas albums are easy cash-ins, but I don't know how that is because no one ever plays new Christmas albums.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

It's really weird. I know Christmas albums are easy cash-ins, but I don't know how that is because no one ever plays new Christmas albums.

On-hold music. Companies will play royalty-free music all year round to save a buck, but when it's Christmas they will spend whatever it takes to "get in the spirit"

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
I really wonder how people even manage the energy to be so excited about Christmas every year that they can be completely immersed in it starting in September if they aren't a boomer.

Like as boomers die off are we still going to be saddled with this or will the market finally dry up for all this excessive poo poo? Or am I just cynical and there's legit people who enjoy this?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Sadly I’m a Halloween person but at least I have the wherewithal to keep it in October (and the first two days of Nov because hellooooo cheap discounted spooky year round decor). But I get if people aren’t into Halloween nor am o going to shove it down their throat or insinuate a psychotic “war” on it

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

shoeberto posted:

I really wonder how people even manage the energy to be so excited about Christmas every year that they can be completely immersed in it starting in September if they aren't a boomer.

Like as boomers die off are we still going to be saddled with this or will the market finally dry up for all this excessive poo poo? Or am I just cynical and there's legit people who enjoy this?

I know people who get excited about Christmas before Halloween and are not boomers. It's definitely not going away.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
There is no War on Christmas, Christmas is a garbage holiday where Boomers attempt to hold on to the last time they experienced joy, as a result Christmas creeps more into the calendar every year. I've seen Christmas poo poo on the shelves half way through October for the last few years, it's only a matter of time before Christmas starts on July 5th.

Christmas must be destroyed

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only christmas song anyone needs is "I'm Getting Nuttin' For Christmas" and anyone playing another song during the season is bourgeois. I don't care that its older than your grandparents, its a great song.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Barudak posted:

The only christmas song anyone needs is "I'm Getting Nuttin' For Christmas" and anyone playing another song during the season is bourgeois. I don't care that its older than your grandparents, its a great song.
please get the name correct

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

shoeberto posted:

I’m a big Christmas guy myself, but I can’t stand it when poo poo goes up and terrible canned music starts playing months in advance. The only types I know that love having Christmas stuff up for effectively half the year are southern evangelicals (not just boomers). I didn’t know a demand for year round Christmas shops was a thing until I saw them myself down there.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

A few years ago I spent two weeks of December in Israel. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed not being blasted with Christmas music until I landed at JFK and it was constantly playing over their lovely intercom speakers.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Iron Crowned posted:

There is no War on Christmas, Christmas is a garbage holiday where Boomers attempt to hold on to the last time they experienced joy, as a result Christmas creeps more into the calendar every year.
This is my experience with my dad, who legit had a poo poo childhood and Christmas was the only bright spot, but it's like instead of getting therapy he just leans *super* hard in to poo poo like this. It's just hard to not assume we're inundated with Christmas because 1) lots of broken people cling to it as some sort of feel-good drug and 2) corporations profit massively from the consumerism angle of it. But of course that's me projecting my experience - I don't have kids, which from what I understand, changes the whole experience quite a lot.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm positive if my dad didn't stop her, my mom would start celebrating the next year's Christmas on December 26th. Formerly he kept her from decorating until Black Friday, but the last few years they've been putting the tree up in late October :negative:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shoeberto posted:

This is my experience with my dad, who legit had a poo poo childhood and Christmas was the only bright spot, but it's like instead of getting therapy he just leans *super* hard in to poo poo like this. It's just hard to not assume we're inundated with Christmas because 1) lots of broken people cling to it as some sort of feel-good drug and 2) corporations profit massively from the consumerism angle of it. But of course that's me projecting my experience - I don't have kids, which from what I understand, changes the whole experience quite a lot.

Nah, Christmas is a holiday for Capitalism. The corporations have spent decades crystalizing the idea that the more you spend, the more you love someone, and Christmas is the time of year to demonstrate that. So instead of actually giving a meaningful gift, it's just a pile of useless trinkets and other garbage that leaves the other person disappointed because they spent $300, and you brought a $30 board game.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

shoeberto posted:

Boomers will live in a slice of their 'glory days' until the day they die. Hell, Springsteen sang about it, and Boomers fuckin' love Springsteen.

quote:

[Missing Verse]
My old man worked 20 years on the line
And they let him go
Now everywhere he goes out looking for work
They just tell him that he's too old
I was 9 nine years old and he was working at the
Metuchen Ford plant assembly line
Now he just sits on a stool down at the Legion hall
But I can tell what's on his mind

[Missing Chorus]
Glory days yeah goin back
Glory days aw he ain't never had
Glory days, glory days

[Verse 3]
In fact I think I'm going down to the well tonight
And I'm gonna drink till I get my fill
And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it
But I probably will
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
A little of the glory yeah
Well time slips away and leaves you with nothing, mister, but
Boring stories of

[Chorus]
Glory days, well they'll pass you by
Glory days, in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

My father-in-law has told the same half dozen stories, about the same half dozen kids he grew up with in the 50's and 60's. Circle TV is the only thing that's not FOX News that's on their TV. The newest piece of music they own is Jack Johnson's first album.

My in-laws' house is like stepping straight into the culture of 1970-80

Lib and let die fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 11, 2020

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Iron Crowned posted:

That's not just boomers.

But it is my dad. Run down the backcountry trail a quarter mile ahead of us, then back to us, then, back a quarter mile ahead, then back to us, then ahead and oops wanting to play with that one person you meet every single time who is afraid of dogs.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
are christmas psychos the same people as disney psychos

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The best Christmas song is the lady Gaga one that's about how she wants you to eat her out under the tree. https://youtu.be/xVA4xBiUncI

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Greg12 posted:

are christmas psychos the same people as disney psychos

It’s a big overlap

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The best new Christmas album of the last 5 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjKqf8wN8Q4

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qINL76i5B60

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The goon christmas albums did start out with the intent of music you can play to drive your relatives insane when they can't put a finger on what's wrong.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The goon christmas albums did start out with the intent of music you can play to drive your relatives insane when they can't put a finger on what's wrong.

I just love putting on betaxmas.com

Thankfully it does not feature "Baby It's Cold Outside"

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I just love putting on betaxmas.com

Thankfully it does not feature "Baby It's Cold Outside"

thats the one with the fuckin awesome rendition of Silent Night right? or is that a different goon christmas compliation thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

VideoTapir posted:

I saw a dude hammering the lock off a rental bike. Gave him a thumbs up.

Bikes are effectively communal property at this point. You can take an angle grinder to a bike lock in broad daylight on a busy street and nobody is going to do poo poo, least of all the police.