Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
If there was a galactic federation I find it hard to believe trump wouldn’t have used that to try to stay president somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Do it ironically posted:

If there was a galactic federation I find it hard to believe trump wouldn’t have used that to try to stay president somehow

imagine how racist you could be towards a planet full of mantis people

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

old beast lunatic posted:

imagine how racist you could be towards a planet full of mantis people

Some of us don't HAVE to imagine, friend.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

DICKLORD BONE posted:

That thing on it's face is actually it's dick. Just walking around with it's dick out

Nah that's Arthur40K

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Do it ironically posted:

We'll find out he got to nominate all the earth representatives and they are like 20 year old chuds who will serve until they are 95.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Ufoites

It would suck to be abducted by aliens because it instantly makes you a mental weirdo and everyone thinks you are insane.

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 11, 2020

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Idk that one guy got an alien wife out of it so you know it's a land of contrasts

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Idk that one guy got an alien wife out of it so you know it's a land of contrasts

David Huggins?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/a34dme/this-guy-paints-the-sex-he-allegedly-has-with-aliens

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

on the one hand, possibly considered the 'crazy ufo person' in your area
on the OTHER birthing an alien butt baby from your butt.

I mean this is a no brainer

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
All "real" information about UFOs is super boring. It's just pilots saying something moved weird and photos of smudges.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Just some flyboys hootin and hollerin because they noticed something move a little diagonal out of the corner of their eye like prehistoric apes finding a dead tiger.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That's just what they want you to think :smuggo:

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

This thread inspired me to rewatch the X-Files, and whoa nelly. They had to have had a writer that was really into conspiracy theories. It's kinda weird looking at this show from the 1990s and comparing the plot of the week/spooky conspiracy brought up in the show with what real conspiracy nutters are saying now. Just got to a bit where Scully is talking about Smallpox vaccines 'tagging' people for observation, and lol that's a huge anti-vax/conspiracy thing now. The X-Files really resonated with and/or imprinted on a whole lot of lunatics.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ratios and Tendency posted:

So it sounds like we're getting p.close to being let into the galactic federation, what do y'all think humans' racial bonus will turn out to have been?

Infinite horny. All the Vulcans that only have sex once every 7 years are secretly jealous as hell.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lol at being let in to the galactic hive and the British are just like 'Goddammit'

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

Lol

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Just some flyboys hootin and hollerin because they noticed something move a little diagonal out of the corner of their eye like prehistoric apes finding a dead tiger.

I'm not sure how anyone can watch that F-18 camera footage and be like "welp nothing to see here"

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
My uncle works at the UFO factory

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I'm not sure how anyone can watch that F-18 camera footage and be like "welp nothing to see here"

It's something that moves a little weird. So what? I want some goddamn saucers shooting death rays goddamnit!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Who What Now posted:

It's something that moves a little weird. So what? I want some goddamn saucers shooting death rays goddamnit!

That's why "gimbal" is my favorite one. Looks like something marvin the martian from looney tunes should be piloting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKHg-vnTFsM

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Why the gently caress dont these pilots shoot at the ufos immediately? If they see a foreigner trying to get married they click the bomb button as a reflex but interstellar butt-rapists just get photographed, badly.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm from the GalFed, what's up, hummies

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Icochet posted:

Why the gently caress dont these pilots shoot at the ufos immediately? If they see a foreigner trying to get married they click the bomb button as a reflex but interstellar butt-rapists just get photographed, badly.

Interstellar butt rapist federation has abandoned the tradition of marriage centuries ago, hooman. They are immune to all conventional weapons!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

That's why "gimbal" is my favorite one. Looks like something marvin the martian from looney tunes should be piloting.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It rolls some. Wowie zowie what an amazing feat!!

If it's not performing a Death Blossom maneuver throw it in the trash!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

This looks like a smudge on the camera

Ufos are lame as hell

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Pilot 1: What the gently caress is that?
Pilot 2: I don't know, man
Pilot 1: Holy poo poo dude
Pilot 2: Dawg what the actual gently caress
Pilot 1: This is blowing my miiiiiiiiind!!!!

*object very slightly reorients itself*

Pilot 1 & 2: [incomprehensible whooping for 12 minutes]

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Can you imagine a group of air force pilots going to see some stage magic? They'd go into psychotic fits seeing a dove appear out of a hankerchief

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I'd lose my mind seeing a dove appear from rag

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
If I was holding a rag, and dove materialized in there

I'd lose it

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It rolls some. Wowie zowie what an amazing feat!!

If it's not performing a Death Blossom maneuver throw it in the trash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UDeZ-H8QOU&t=7s

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*Watches their OWN plane leave the ground, begin shaking their head, laughing through incredulous tears and their own applause*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Old Timey people used to think that the speeds of a steam train would send people into violent hysterics. It turns out they were right but you have to be going at least Mach 0.5

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

This looks like a smudge on the camera

Ufos are lame as hell

when i showed it to my boyfriend ages ago he just said it looked like something stuck in their targetting camera or whatever planes use and now i can't unsee it.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
What if the aliens are more like our insects so come to earth and befriend them instead of humans.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

This could be a thousand different things of which looney toons aliens is probably the least likely one. To me, it looks like some camera system malfunction or some artifact introduced by software, but I don't know poo poo about the equipment. Someone should ask the engineering company that created the system

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Halloween Liker posted:

What if the aliens are more like our insects so come to earth and befriend them instead of humans.

Could be like the old Transformers comics. Apparently the reason they scanned vehicles for them to adapt to is because the system thought cars and vehicles were the dominant life form on earth and would allow the robots to blend into Earth Civilization and hide

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's like Ford Prefect, see

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

frogge posted:

This thread inspired me to rewatch the X-Files, and whoa nelly. They had to have had a writer that was really into conspiracy theories. It's kinda weird looking at this show from the 1990s and comparing the plot of the week/spooky conspiracy brought up in the show with what real conspiracy nutters are saying now. Just got to a bit where Scully is talking about Smallpox vaccines 'tagging' people for observation, and lol that's a huge anti-vax/conspiracy thing now. The X-Files really resonated with and/or imprinted on a whole lot of lunatics.

Well conspiracy BBS boards were really fuckin popular in the 90s. I’m pretty sure that’s where a lot of the material came from. Most of the stuff you hear people talking about didn’t originate from the x files

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sceptical about aliens but special agent Scully should've maybe relaxed her attitude a bit after the, say, fifth time she met some